Start by marking “Bort's People (The Sunset of Magic # 3)” as Want to Read:
Bort's People (The Sunset of Magic # 3)

Bort's People (The Sunset of Magic # 3)

Magic, dragons, drama and adventure... did I mention the dragons? Lots of those! The wizard Zerphal, Bort and Lofti the Dunnit Sprite leap across the void between Nephus and the Harrowen homeworld, Mirt. Each have their reasons: Zerphal, an agent of the Council of Wizards, seeks to discover how his species, the warlike Harrowen, have managed to escape Mirt; Bort, on a miss ...more
Published February 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bort's People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bort's People

Start your review of Bort's People (The Sunset of Magic # 3)
Heena Rathore Pardeshi
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bort's People by Alistair Potter is the third instalment in The Sunset Of Magic series and the sequel to The Counsel Of Wizards . It is a very entertaining sci-fi-fantasy adventure that has a mix of characters from both the previous books in this series who embark on an adventurous journey, which entails serious action, mild drama and a good emotional arc.

This book is in lieu of the previous one, and therefore, I enjoyed it to no end. It had good characterization and a well-written pl
T. Norman
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Bort's People follows Lofti, Bort, and Zerphal as they travel to a new world and encounter numerous challenges. They race through a desert, sneak through a city, and face an army.

This book is really broken down to three acts for me, and each one left me feeling a little different. First off, it took a while to develop. This is my first time reading anything by Alistair Potter so I needed to adjust to his writing style. He writes similar to Tolkien using a lot of words to describe the scene and t
Sanna Hines
I thoroughly enjoyed Bort's People. It’s well-written, has characters with depth and feeling, and presents a fascinating world to explore. Because the protagonists are on a spy mission, the risk of exposure creates unrelenting suspense. Action scenes are believable, and descriptions so good I read the words closely, savoring each environment, instead of skipping ahead to the next plot event.

Starting with the third book in a series can mean struggling to catch up, but this volume stands on its ow
Melody
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always, I'll keep my review spoiler-free!

First off, I really love the prose and descriptions in Bort's People; the word choices Alistair Potter makes definitely cement you into his world, and you feel every footfall, every motion along with the characters. As you move through the journey with the characters, the action and intrigue ramp up at *just* the right moments. I never felt my eyes glazing over, waiting for the next big thing.

Oh, and I instantly liked Lofti, just because of his impish
Stephanie
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zerphal, a wise, and proper senior wizard from a warrior race, Bort, a large troll-like man of few words, and Lofti, a mischievous but loyal Dunnit sprite, band together traveling through Magical World Gates to find out about a Harrowen invasion, and if any of Bort's enslaved species still exist. Along the way they meet Pruth, a telepath and dragon-rider, who's astounded to find such a unique group of individuals; They're free. They don't suffer from the caste system on many planets, they're abl ...more
Charles Remington
Feb 03, 2017
Samuel Cook
is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2017
Hayley L. Morgan
marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2019
A writer of Science Fiction and Fantasy, Alistair Potter lives and works in the Scottish seaside town of Portobello, just outside of Edinburgh.

Alistair has been writing since 1993 and placing  short stories, cartoons and poetry in small publications. His work has been read on the BBC Radio4, Scottish Shorts series, and he is former recipient of a Scottish Arts Council New Writer's Bursary.

"I ho

News & Interviews

While all Goodreads members love books (or so we assume, otherwise this would be a weird way to spend your time!), there's a dedicated subset...