Start by marking “The Wedding (The Notebook, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding (The Notebook, #2)

The Wedding

(The Notebook #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  134,079 ratings  ·  5,886 reviews
After thirty years of marriage, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law of Allie and Noah Calhoun (of The Notebook), is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Desperate to win back his wife, Jane's, heart, he must figure out how to make her fall in love with him... again. Despite the shining example of Allie and Noah's marriage, Wilson is himself a man unable to e ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Vision (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding, please sign up.
Cavak If you're asking why people don't like this book, it's generally because it may overdo the sappiness for them. Especially when the "broken marriage"…moreIf you're asking why people don't like this book, it's generally because it may overdo the sappiness for them. Especially when the "broken marriage" is not all that broken to begin with. It doesn't seem to have a middle ground either; the ending will either make you swoon or roll your eyes. Lack of empathy for the protagonist and his wife may do it too. She comes across as wanting too much pampering or he is too dull to be interesting to some readers.

Then there's the prospect of this book being a sequel to the more popular The Notebook. While that story had WWII and the thrill of finding true love against adversity, the sequel is rekindling a romance that seems to have faded (but it really hasn't, in my opinion). It doesn't help that the more interesting parts of The Marriage were recollections of events pertaining to The Notebook's protagonists.

Personally, it was too much materialism that drew away my interest for the romance in this one.(less)

·  134,079 ratings  ·  5,886 reviews

Greg
Nov 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
A friend of the family loaned me two Nicholas Sparks books. The friend is very nice. However, reading Nicholas Sparks, to quote Tommy Smothers, makes me realize why some animals eat their young.
Jen
Apr 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
The Wedding almost seemed like it was specifically written for me to hate - and it's been a long time since I've disliked a book this much. There's no real art to it (people are "white as paper" and so forth), but it's written for people who don't exactly have alternative lifestyles or world views. The baby boomer housewife married her husband because he respected her desire to be a housewife at a time when "most people our age wanted to change the world," and she knew he'd be a good provider. A ...more
Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
Library Overdrive Audiobook....narrated by Tom Wopat

I can’t remember for the life of me when I last read a Nicholas Sparks book...or which one - or if I read more than one.
I remember reading 1 book though - for sure - and have seen a couple of his movies - so although I had no idea what the specifics were going to be when I saw the Audiobook pop up on my library feed as available ‘now’...
I knew enough ( in general) that his books & movies were love stories - sweet & to
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Wedding (The Notebook, #2), Nicholas Sparks
The Wedding is a 2003 romantic novel by Nicholas Sparks. It is about a couple who celebrates 30 years of marriage, and has been described as a sequel to Sparks' previous novel The Notebook. The book follows the life of Noah and Allie's daughter, Jane and her husband, Wilson. While they are planning their daughter's wedding, Wilson decides he needs to "re-court" his wife to save their marriage.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز هشتم ماه فوریه سال 20
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Most Nicholas Sparks' books are tear jerkers and heartbreaking, I just didn't expect this one to make me cry a little. It's more of happy tears than sad ones. I'm just incredibly touched with the story.

Noah Calhoun's words helped Wilson Lewis to become a better man to his wife, Jane. Realizations of how much time he lost because he's too busy at work and doesn't pay much attention to his family. Wilson made a mistake of forgetting their wedding anniversary and hurts Jane's feelings. To make up
Finn
Apr 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
So this is basically part 2 of The Notebook, the book and movie which made grown men cry.

OK. So, Wilson forgets to bring a big bouquet of flowers and an expensive bottle of perfume through the door on their 29th anniversary. He has forgotten. Jane pouts until bedtime when she tells him what he has done now. That is the beginning of all the trouble.

Then, Jane runs off to spend time in her son's out-of-state flat. Apparently thinking about leaving Wilson, The Husband Who Has Forgotten Their Anni
Kimmie Cocchiola
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first Nicholas Sparks book. I never had time nor made time for reading, other than educational reads for health and career. I decided to choose a book in the airport before boarding the plane. I figured it may keep my mind off of flying- I never in my life thought I would spend the next 3 days unable to put the book down. From that day on I continue to read Nicholas Sparks books. For me I find his books to be captivating, always drawing me in and keeping me there as I continue t ...more
Tabby Kat
May 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nicholas-sparks
Noah is now living at Creekside, where he and Allie had moved toward the end of her life. He spends his time feeding a lone female swan, distinguished by a dark patch of color on her chest. Noah feels that this is Allie come back to him, and his children feel that he's lost touch with the world. Noah, however, never gives up on his theory and insists that it is his dear beloved wife.

Noah and Allie's oldest daughter, Jane, is married to Wilson Lewis. They've been married for nearly 30
Robin
Sep 26, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes love stories.
I read this book right after I read Twilight because I was on a romance kick (very rare, I promise) and I couldn't get my hands on New Moon. At first I was worried it was going to be lame because it makes it seem like it's going to be another story about what a jerk the main guy is and how he's neglecting his wife. However, I really liked the way the author made Wilson not a bad guy, but a good guy who just doesn't know any better. I usually don't like mushy books because it always seems like it's wa ...more
Buggy
Jan 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelf-09, contemp-rom
Opening Line: "Is it possible, I wonder, for a man to truely change?"

Although not the best book in Nicholas Sparks's collection this is an easy and sweet (sometimes sickly) read without the usual gut-wrenching heartbreak at the end. I found it amazing and a credit to Sparks as a writer that he was able to craft an entire book out of the simple premise of a wedding and a few flashbacks. This is almost like a Seinfeld episode in that it's about nothing but still intriguing to watch unfold. And even though heLine:
Reem Alomari
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was different in two ways. First, it was written in one person's point of view, the male character. Second, it is not a story about two people meeting and falling in love. No. These couple met and married each other. And the story starts off thirty years later. This book was so adorable. I thought it was realistic and it had zero percent cheesiness. I learned a lot about marriage from Wilson, the husband. I learned that marriage is a battle everyday where you have to fight to keep the ...more
Cristina
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas Sparks: the author who never disappoints.
Once again I was blown away by a book written by Sparks. It was so intense, so pure and the ending was a great surprise for me. Books like this one change the way people think.
It was so perfect... in all the ways possible. I don't know why I didn't read this book sooner.
I don't have words to describe what this book made me feel. But peace, tranquility, love and special seem to be the suitable words.
Mia  Bakhthiar
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Most love stories happen before and end with marriage, and the story ends and they've supposedly lived happily ever after. This book, however, shows that even after the rocky path that follows marriage, there's still a loving ending.

The concept of the book is so beautiful, but the way it was presented was very difficult to get into at first. I also found that after reading many of his books, they start to become very similar, and predictable.

The story was incredibly hear
valee
Sep 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
What an amazing read, I enjoyed every page. Actually it will be really hard to rate this book as I feel I loved it but it wasn't as deep and tragically as most Spark's books usually are. I have been dying t read this book for years as I heard it was the only one with a HEA this author wrote. Well, I'm happy to tell you guys that's true. Not a single person dies in here which is usually how Spark's books go. This has pro's and con's. While I enjoyed everything being happy and nice, I missed those ...more
Delores
Jun 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: hopeless romantics who enjoy happy endings.
Shelves: fiction
Hiba Arrame
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Wasn't as good as The Notebook, but it was fine.. Sparks has this effect on me of always being able to shed at least a tear throughout his books, and even in times I think that the story is going to be plain he comes up with a surprising turn in the events.
This is a story of the renewal of love, of vows, of compassion, and how it is possible for a couple to learn how to love each other again no matter how disappointed one is in the other.
Kristy Trauzzi
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romantics :)
Is this book a sequel to the Notebook? Because it makes references to the Notebook, but maybe he's just trying to get your interest piqued so that you want to go and find his other books and read.

I loved this book. It was so cute. I want to find rose petals all throughout the house and find a cute dress and high heels. I don't even need to be picked up in the limo. I think a great romantic night planned would be absolutely incredible! I swooned when I read it.

While I personally don'
Jess
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's been a really long time since I've read this (probably about 12 years ago) and I thought since this is my wedding year it would be a good time for me to read it again! Although I remembered what happened, I loved reading this in a whole new light! I could definitely use some help from Wilson to finish planning my own wedding!
Martha
Okay so nobody died. Yay! Still, it was boring.It was basically this guy who was making calls the whole year to get things in order. I was waiting for a conflict but there was none whatsoever. That's a lot coming from someone who doesn't like conflict very much. It also got predictable halfway through the book. As in I knew, somehow, who the wedding was for. I think it was because she said her daughter would regret it if she didn't have a "proper wedding" ... but that's just me.

The b
Debra
Nov 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a great audiobook narrated by actor Tom Wopat. After forgetting his 29th wedding anniversary, Wilson realizes that his wife is no longer happy in their marriage. She decides to visit her son in New York alone and decides to stay there for several weeks. Wilson decided it's time to make drastic changes in his life in order to put some romance back into his marriage. He loses weight begins cooking dinner for his wife once a week and begins reminiscing about the last 29 years with his wife ...more
Marianne
May 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
2 stars is a bit harsh, I'd give it another half if I could. It's not that I didn't kind of enjoy this book, it's just that it seemed a little, okay a lot contrived. There is no way a man would ever behave this way...even a good and decent and worthwhile one. Even a romantic one. I just think books like this contribute to divorced women who sit at home reading sappy romances and wondering why they can't find a man like that. Give the guys a break. How does Nicholas Sparks come up with this stuff ...more
Book Concierge
Jan 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Audio book read by Tom Wopat

This is a sequel to Sparks’s incredibly popular The Notebook. This book focuses on Noah and Allie’s oldest daughter, Jane, and her husband Wilson. After forgetting their anniversary, Wilson spends the next year trying to figure out how to make it up to Jane, with some sage advice from his father-in-law, Noah. But when their daughter announces she’s getting married on their anniversary, all Wilson’s plans are circumvented.

I’ve read a couple of books by Sparks. I ac
Randy Tramp
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As I listened to "The Wedding," emotions and feelings I felt in "The Notebook," came flooding back. Now, Noah is ninety. Allie is gone. Yet, Noah's love for his wife isn't.

Wilson Lewis forgets his anniversary, putting yet another nail in his dying marriage. With many regrets over the years with his wife, Jane, Wilson vowed to cause her to fall in love with him again.

What a story. It's like a slow-burn, crescendoing, at the end. I loved it!

Sparks goes to the soul of a per
Ruth Hyland
Feb 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
way too sappy for me. i do like feel good books, but not sappy love stories. i just didn't buy that all their relationship issues were his fault. as a feminist i believe women are accountable for their happiness and if they aren't happy with their relationship they need to speak up/do something about it. i do believe that people can change and that theme in the book was good.
Bárbara
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so sweet and romantic... A true emotional journey! Also, such a delight to see Noah again!
✿Nancy✿
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful story!
Marleen
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On a rare ocassion, I tend to read a Sparks book that hasn't been made into a movie, so that the story still sounds fresh and new to me. Unfortunately, this one disappointed me. This was a rather stagnating story; meaning that nothing much happened besides the musings of fifty-something man, Wilson, who's married to Jane, the daugther of the eldery Noah Calhoun (and Allie) who were the main characters of the Notebook.
After a thirty years of marriage, Wilson has finally realized that maybe his w
Harish Challapalli
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romantic fiction lovers!!
Awesome!! I loved the book!! its one of the best romantic books i have ever read!! Though its a sequel to "The Notebook" , there is no compulsion that one shud that before reading this!! Frankly, i liked the sequel more than the prequel!! I am sure that people in their mid 40s wud def feel connected!!
Judie Dooley
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
another great read from Nicholas Sparks. The story of a man who forgot his anniversary and used the whole next year to make up for it. I thought I knew the secret he was planning, and would have been disapointed if I was wrong. great love story all around.
Imene Tl
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nicholas Sparks sure knows how to keep things real. Marriage isn't always roses and butterflies, even between those deeply in love. There will be hardships and doubts and moments of dispair, but anyone can find their way back if they fight for what they are sure is true love.
Want Your Wedding To Be Unique? Consider Destination Wedding Venues 1 1 Aug 17, 2019 12:26AM
Paper & Glam Book...: February 2019: The Wedding! 5 119 May 22, 2019 07:28AM
The Wedding 1 5 Oct 24, 2018 07:30AM
Choosing Marriage Ceremony Theme's Color 1 3 Oct 20, 2018 02:26AM
Top 10 Bengali Wedding Rituals 1 1 Oct 11, 2018 02:35AM
Limit Hold'em - Poker Great Falls 1 1 Sep 18, 2018 04:16AM
Flathead Lake - The Trip Of A Lifetime 1 1 Sep 15, 2018 05:48AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Locket (The Locket, #1)
  • Nicholas Sparks
  • Sundays at Tiffany's
  • Return (Redemption, #3)
  • Wokini: A Lakota Journey to Happiness and Self-Understanding
  • H.R.H.
  • Speak
  • Beach Girls
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the novels Message in a Bottle (1998)alone.

Sparks

The Notebook (2 books)
  • The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
“Yes, I decided, a man can truly change. The events of the past year have taught me much about myself, and a few universal truths. I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I've often overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could do in a year. But most of all, I learned that it's possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there's been a lifetime of disappointment between them.” 994 likes
“I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are there, in everything I am, in everything I've ever done, and looking back, I know that I should have told you know much you've always meant to me. ” 849 likes