Start by marking “Harem of Fangs (Stairway to Harem, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harem of Fangs (Stairway to Harem, #1)

Harem of Fangs

(Stairway to Harem Series #1)

**Reverse Harem/ HEA/Stand alone**

When renowned novelist Ally Swift goes to help a friend out of a jam, she finds herself thrust into a world she previously thought only existed in the paranormal books she wrote.

A world of vampires, magic, and mind-blowing sex that she could never have dreamed was possible.

Caught between five powerful vampires, she is trapped between the
Published June 13th 2017 by Buttercup Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Harem of Fangs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harem of Fangs

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
DNF at 30%

What is with me and this string of really crappy books?

I mean, I fully acknowledge that you get what you pay for but shit. Throw me a freaking bone here.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss

Finally!! A strong kick ass heroine ya'll!

Ally is my kind of girl. Straight forward, strong, doesn't back down, stands up and defends herself! Plus she's 38, knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to demand it from the Hero's. One of the first scenes we get is Ally thanking her cheating ex for cheating on her because she's now living her dream - no woe is me for this girl! Second major scene has her kneeing a guy who told her to suck his dick in the balls!

The Hero's were great too! Al
Paula  Phillips
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Ally Swift is nearing her forties and trying her goal at becoming a successful Paranormal author especially since a year ago her husband at the time left her for another woman who left Ally a total sobbing mess. She decided that after her husband leaving her, she was going to take back her life and become adventurous. What she didn't expect was her mind to be opened wide in a whole new way. It started with a text from her best friend Cassie and ended up with Ally being told she has to partake in ...more
JadeShea
Ally is kidnapped by vampires and told she must fight their Queen if she wants to save herself, and the five men who are connected to her. Things get more complicated as she learns she has feelings for them, and she has no idea how to kill this vampire Queen and become one herself.

This was a very short book, with not a whole lot of story to it, but it was still interesting. It wasn't exactly great, but it wasn't bad either. I liked it, but I was annoyed that there wasn't more to it.

Other than
Searcy
2.5 to 3 stars

I preferred the second book in this series (with the shifters), but this wasn't bad. A little too much insta-love and completely unrealistic progression from clueless to defeating the current Alpha/Queen, but a reasonably enjoyable RH read.
Paula
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC Provided by Author in Exchange For An Honest Review

Firstly, I can't resist saying that the cover's girl reminds me of Taylor Swift in her “Love Story” video 😂

...Ally Swift goes to help her friend .... she finds herself thrust into a world... of vampires, magic, and mind-blowing sex that she could never have dreamed was possible.

.... five powerful vampires (Preacher, Wick, Celt, King and Spartan)....and....She is the key to their survival

Can she find a way to save them all?

What I didn't Like
Soo
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Let's be real and toss out the idea that anything in this book is suppose to make sense. Alright! Now you're ready to have a little fun and get to know Ally & her vampires.

A late night call to help a friend turns into a stranger than strange adventure where preternatural creatures and magic is real. Ally finds herself caught up in a fight for succession for the vampire throne and falling in love with five virile male vampires that slip into her heart.

Parts of the story is very appealing an
Elisa
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A funny, raunchy, steamy supernatural story, if you like a completely out there read that takes your mind right out of reality you’ll love it and laugh through it as much as I did then you may even dream of your own fist of hot sexy vampires lol.
Anje
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma Dawn has created an amazing and magical world full of heart pounding action, steamy romance, and some dark twist and turns! This books pulls you in from the first page and keeps you hooked until the very last page.
leuzi, the devil
i would say 5/10 bc there were some unnecessary girl hating in this and we all know im not abt that life but it was very enjoyable
Anna
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Here's my honesty. I did not fall in love with this book instantly. I didn't even like the main character at first. I kept going though and it improved by the end of the book. There is a ton of sexy time in this one. I'll give it to Emma, she can write the sex scenes.
We are introduced to a couple characters for the next book and they do interest me. I'll definitely give the next one a shot. So my advice for you is, as long as you don't mind the sex, give this a shot. Don't give up if you don't
Corey Lovato
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maybe next time.

Man this was bad. Like really bad. I gave 2 stars because I finished it. I almost didn't make it passed chapter 2 it's full of cliches while the author is making fun of cliches. Everything was super rushed but at the same time trying to read it was exhausting. I hate it when Authors tell tell tell but never show. I'm actually totally ok with insta love or lust but there was no conversation between her and the men it just jumps to the sex and the it's very vanilla sex at that. I m
Tiblu
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok....

I was ok.... I didn't love it,I didn't hate it...I say at times when at the beginning of the story when Ally ( which I love a 100% over Allianna) that name just felt needlessly long) unlike this story which felt way too short.. that my point had been( sorry for digressing) even when Ally is acting a bit TSTL wandering into a bar late at night alone surrounded by a bunch of strange men armed only w/keys,cellphone and a lot of snarky wit,I wanted to like her because she was funny as h
Courtney Dunham
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the first book in this new series by Emma Dawn! This book focuses on Ally, a strong independent woman (I liked that she wasn't in her late teens/early twenties, that she was older and more mature/better perspective on life) being thrown into the supernatural world without a choice. Ally comes to the rescue of her best friend Cassie and her world is turned upside down. Ally is thrust into the vampire world and has a week to pick a mate and go up against the strong, manipulative Queen.

I rea
Mary Lee
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty Good

This was pretty good, but could be better. I would give it 3.5 stars, but I would dip an author by rounding down. So, I always read Shannons urban fantasy books thinking if she added more erotica and passion into her books, she would be on my top 5 writers list. So hearing she was giving us a reverse harem erotica story really had me excited. The problem is she went too far that way. I would say around 90% of the story was sex. I think anything over 50% makes it become tedious and bor
Jennifer G
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Harem of Fangs is a Reverse Harem book by Emma Dawn set in the world of vampires. Ally, a successful novelist, takes a late night night SOS call from her best friend. When she gets to the bar to pick her friend up, she encounters an aggressive group of men, one with interesting ideas of what Ally should do for/to him. Instead Ally gives him what he deserves. However, these aren't normal men and she shouldn't have been able to resist them. They are vampires and Ally soon finds herself in their wo ...more
CoullCat
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rh, never-again
I was up late when this book was electronically delivered to my kindle. I felt like a good read and delved right in. Kind of glad I did as it was not quite what I was expecting.
The main character, Allianna is recovering from the shock and pain of a cheating fiancé but is finally getting her life back together; she's lost that bit of weight that has been a companion for years unaccounted, she's trying new things and becoming confident and sassy. Ally is a writer with a fast approaching deadline.
Shan ~ A ~
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I haven't been lucky with my choices in this genre (reverse harem) in the past, but this one just had the best heroine and premise to how this situation came to be.

Ally Swift (great name) is a no nonsense kind of woman, she has been hurt and lied to in the past and is now suffering no fools. She is also an author who writes paranormal stories, and now finds life imitating her fiction.

If it wasn't for a few things that I felt should have been explained
NerdyFloraleReads
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ally is such strong female lead.💚 I like that she's a older character, who isn't afraid to speak her mind and doesn't take crap from anyone. Even in the most dangerous situations, you can count on her sarcasm to never let you down. I couldn't help but laugh.😂 She's a breath of fresh air, sharp and witty. There's a goodness that radiates from her that hasn't been seen in a long time. ✨

You can't help but get swept away by how Preacher, Wick, King, Celt, and Spartan, worship not just her body but e
Alison Motherwell
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
An exquisite exploration into a reverse harem

This is my first experience with a reverse harem book, so I was alittle dubious however I was pleasantly surprised.

Emma dawn created an intriguing world surrounding a female character that breaks the norm. Ally is a single author living with her kid sister. Having lost all faith in men after she found out her ex was sleeping around on her. She is passionately protective of those in her life and that is what gets her into trouble. Coming to the aid of
Amber Hamblin
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I borrowed this book via KU.

So I was really hyped to read this book because it was supposed to be alittle smutter than some other RH novels I read. Which was definitely true. It was hot right off the back. The details lacked sometimes and I feel as of things could have went further with their story since the next one is about the wolves. I would have preferred to know more about her past. I would also have liked to read about when they all became one or how her kingdom turned out. I mean she onl
Leigh
I was worried. I'll admit. Amazon was pushing this pretty hard and my first inclination is "overblown" and "not gonna be worth it, right?"

Wrong

I love being wrong when it comes to good books. Here we have a standalone book, lovely amount of smut, a 38 year old heroine (NOT A 15 YEAR OLD WHO DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW OMG), and she makes up her own damn mind. It was the stuff that a month of sub-par, terrible, and boring books were made of building up to that kind of payoff.

The
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
RH Reader
Mar 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
What?

What in the world did I just read?

Okay, so I only made it to the end of the first chapter (mind you, I skimmed a bit), but what the frick?

What is going on with this hype around writing paranormal romances where the main character is a paranormal romance writer? It makes me cringe so badly.

It's uncomfortable.

It just makes me feel icky to read, like it shouldn't be a thing. Yet it is.

And what was up with that dialogue? A whole new level of cringe.

Also, a first chapter usually hooks you into a
Sthep Liar
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5

Here is the issue: I like harem. It's the reason why I decided to read this book, and honestly I was expecting a great deal. It's not me trying to be rude, but it fell short for me. I feel like there were so many things that were left unexplained, more world to build. (For example, one of them could read minds, what could the others do? Could they do anything at all? Why Preacher did have a skill in the first place?). I also didn't like how things happened: the whole Malcom thing was weird, t
Beth C.
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A harem of sexy vampires...can it get any better?!?!

Loved this book! It was the first book of Emma Dawn's that I've read, but it sure won't be the last! It was a fantastic RH story. Ally is lured to a bar to pick up her friend Cassie, when both are kidnapped by a group of vampires. She's a candidate to be come the new queen, but must kill the current queen and pick a mate to do so. It's hard to choose when she's presented with five of the hottest guys she's ever seen. Ally has a big challenge an
beth shorter
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great reverse harem story

First of all, I want to thank the author for the first paragraph! It was spot on and as an amateur writer currently in a block it sung to me. I loved all the guys, they were great and adorable for big bad vampires. My only critic would be how quickly the romance and sexual nature progresses but then I've got a little complacent with slow burn reverse harem. The overall action felt a little weak but the steam and everything else was intensely good. It was a nice story wi
Cassandra
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampires have always been my creature feature of choice, so this book was perfect for me! I LOVED the characters, and found the whole world that the author created to be so intriguing. Ally and Cassie both are great characters, and of course all those hunky males!

This story has a great little twist in there, and the ending seriously left me so satisfied that I immediately jumped in to the next book. My ONLY complaint is that I wish the book was longer, so it would have taken me longer to read :)
SJ
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
I was not sure what to expect when I first started this book, but it was even better than I expected.

Allianna is a paranormal author, she gets a text from her friend to pick her up from a bar!! When she gets there her friend is injured and Allianna is captured

She learns that she has to pick 1 of the five brothers and she has to defeat the vampire queen!

Well written with scorching sexy scenes, humour, tenderness and romance, I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to harem of wolves
Janona
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shocked!!!

I was very shocked with my reaction to this book, it was just better than I expected. This was definitely the first harem book I've read and it was good! I warn you the first part of the book threw me off a little, but it just really fits her character. It was funny and entertaining during the whole book, with about 75% being about sex which is expected with five dudes. And even with that much sex there was still a plot and end goal in the book, so not just sex for no reason. But overa
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Shades of Kink: From Alphas to Masters
  • Le Cirque D'Amour (Burlesque! #1)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • A Ghost in the Glamour (A Linx & Bogie story)
  • Mechanical Hearts (Skeleton Key)
  • Dark Wine (The Two Vampires, #1)
  • Blood and Ink (Under the Skin #1)
  • Snowflake Wishes (Echo Lake, #0.5)
  • Sensual Danger (Venice Vampyr, #4)
  • Lucky Number Six (The Fortune Cookies Chronicles #1)
  • Twisted
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • Once Upon a Caveman
  • An Urchin of Means (Baker Street, #1)
  • Ravenstone (The Ravenstone Chronicles, #1)
  • The Haunted (Sleeping with Monsters #1)

Stairway to Harem Series (4 books)
  • Harem of Wolves (Stairway to Harem, #2)
  • Harem of Magic (Stairway to Harem, #3)
  • Harem of Souls (Stairway to Harem, #4)