Start by marking “Once Quiet (Jack Widow, #5)” as Want to Read:
Once Quiet (Jack Widow, #5)

(Jack Widow #5)

Jack Widow. Former Undercover Navy Cop. Former SEAL. Turned Drifter. Turned Outlaw. Turned Hero.

Lately, Jack Widow has enjoyed a quiet life on the road with no troubles, but a lifestyle like his costs money. A low bank account balance causes Widow to take temporary work on a dying, secluded cattle ranch in northern Montana.

Widow works for the Sossaman family, taking orders
Published May 19th 2017 by Black Lion, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Once Quiet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Quiet

Start your review of Once Quiet (Jack Widow, #5)
Kathi Defranc
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Exciting Read Along The Adventure Of Life

An enjoyable, interesting story as I continue to follow ex-NCIS Navy Seal Jack Widow along his travels, down dusty roads and across people who need his assistance. Exciting, twisting stories that keep you turning pages as Widow finds himself in many different situations!
Coco.V
May 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (5/29/2019)! ...more
Iris Chacon
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun for Jack Reacher fans

Jack Widow is a man's man and action hero who takes no nonsense from anybody. I found this first book of the series entertaining but the poor spelling, punctuation and vocabulary issues spoiled the experience somewhat. I'm presuming that subsequent volumes, with better editing, will solve those problems.
Alex Black
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this up because it was free and clearly a rip off of Lee Child’s Reacher series. The cover is in the style of Reacher, the character, Widow looks like Reacher (although he’s ex-NCIS rather than military cop. And the writing is in the style of Lee Child. In fact early on I found myself imaging this was Reacher in a Lee Child book.
Widow is a drifter and when he runs out of money he goes to Montana to find work. In the process, the local sheriff wants to throw him out of town and drives
Steve Riley
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had leave a negative review as I love reading and appreciate the massive work authors out into their work, but I can't in good faith recommend this book. It read like Jack Reacher fan fiction, the lead character is even named Jack. It was overly long, dwelling on insignificant details whilst glossing over areas that needed further explanation. Way too many 'head splattering' kill shots and Jack never seemed to be any danger whatsoever, so there was little in the way of tension or drama. Some ...more
Kathy Watts
Jun 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
What can I say apart from ”Jack Reacher is still safe”.
I got this book because the blurb suggested that it had the potential for an interesting story line.
I was very disappointed. The story lacked depth and complexity, no development of characters. In fact it was one dimensional.
The author set the scene and then didn’t seem to know what to do with the characters. It was all over in a blink after filling the pages with a lot of unnecessary fluff.
Filling the pages with the deviant imaginations
Jeff Benham
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As you may already know, Widow is an Ex-Seal who also worked under cover for NCIS. Maybe he still does. When his mother, who was a cop, was murdered, Widow left the reservation and went hunting. Then he just kept on walking. This is how the book starts. He is wandering through Montana and ends up at this little farm, hoping to get some work. Things are not that simple as there is a sniper watching the ranch house. Rarely have I read a book with such an intricately developed plot line. Truly ...more
GW
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Once Quiet

Too bad. This had potential but the phrasing and sentence structure were a real problem. It almost felt like the author had gone back into the book and tried to increase the word count and in doing so ended up with sentences that sometimes didn't make sense. The book desperately needs a good editor. Towards the end of the book it felt like very juvenile scenarios and writing. I won't be reading Amy more of the author's work.
Danial Beck
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Faulty but well worth the read.

Great book for those Jack Reacher fans. The book would have gotten a 5 star had it not been for the grammatical mistakes and the uneven pacing/details in certain parts of the book. However that should not take away the enjoyment in reading this book for this particular genre of reading. Well worth the effort spent reading and kept me entertained. I am sure it will do the same for you too. Enjoy!
David Brown
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is based on a poor man's Jack Reacher but without Reacher's charisma. The tale has characters that seem to have little purpose. I could not see why the degenerates were included. They added little to the plot. I also did not see the point of emptying the hero's bank account. I would not recommend this book.
Richard Cowart
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fine story

In this story of Jack's adventures it is a little less action packed but still a very fine story. He is in big sky country when he finds out his bank account has been emptied. He must find a way to survive for a couple of days until his account is restored. Good story line
Susan Moore
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling mystery

Someone wiped out Widow's bank account. So, he works a ranch for food and a clean bed. While there he
helps a family who he learns is being watched. This time he has several people coming for him, and members of the ranch family. This is a hard book to put down. Definitely a binge-reading series. I highly recommend this book.
Marco Morissette
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like reading Scott Blades writting and with his partner Widow! The plot was interesting and Widow as usual delivered. Just one small hitch for me is a little lack of actions the author used to give us in the previous books of the series but long life to this series!!! Thanks to the author for sharing his talent with us and long life to him too!!!
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed!

I enjoyed reading this book. It was a little slow at first, but when it finally came together it was action packed. Jack Widow is a laid back ex Navy Seal who through no fault of is own gets involved with a family in Montana who needs his help. Great read.
Jenna Golik
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love any books about Jack Widow. They are great suspense followed books.

Once you start reading these thriller books. You can not stop.I like his free spirit, traveling man style.You enjoy reading all the description of people in the book and places
billy
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Boring

The storytelling was a little off. I just couldn't get into the writers style. The character was supposed to be another Jack Reacher I suppose. The writing definitely wasn't Lee Child. I was impressed with there being no profanity to the point where I stopped reading.
Francie J Latham
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not At All What I Expected

This book was not what I expected, it was better. I was on the edge of my seat and holding my breath thru most of this book. What an exceptional author.. A must read..
Joan Cameron
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed Reading

Interesting name and guy Jack Widow, quiet, smart, observant. Different story line some odd characters, small town description. Looking forward to reading more by this author.
donna
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Illegal activities & cover-ups

He left the special group to get revenge for his mother's murder. He was just roaming around the country, going anywhere that enticed his curiosity. He didn't expect to be called back into action!
Vishnuprasad S
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not as good as i thought. I didn't care for the characters much especially widow which pretty much killed the series for me...on the whole not as good as jack reacher series but better than jack noble series.
barbara jones
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting. Widow is nobody's idiot, so if they want trouble, they have come to the right guy.

A lot happens that doesn't add up. It is only after Jack loses all his money, that he is able to see the problems ahead. But seeing them, does not mean he will be able to fix them.
Ramona
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

Widow comes through again. Crisp, effective, brutal. He gets the job done. Widow is compassionate, and surprisingly, a trouble magnet. Perhaps he's just overly observant, due to his past career. No matter, great stories, well told.
Sandy
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once Quiet

Very entertaining and interesting storyline about a former Navy seal turned drifted who gets caught up in other people's problems and tries to right the wrongs he finds along the way.
Terri
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok

A lot of similarities between this book and the Jack Reacher books. It was a slow start but got better.
Bernie
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once Quiet review

Once Quiet is the fifth fast paced action packed adventure book in the Jack Widow series written by author Scott Blade.
Teresa J. Pugh
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Want more!
Garry Thompson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disappointing: too much like a Reacher novel without the energy. The book was slow starting and ended leaving gaps in the story.
David Linker
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bit of a slow middle but lots of action at the end
Mike Weir
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hard-guy, who-done-it
might read more
Lee McIntosh
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done

Easy read, in the Lee Child genre, but smoother wording. Didn't like the ending, yet more lifelike. Hard to put down.

• Stray Cat Blues: A Mystery Crime Thriller (Max Plank Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Pieces of Death (Bragg #3)
  • Blue Blood (John Jordan Mystery #20)
  • Forceful Intent (Porter, #1)
  • Conclusive Evidence
  • London Carter Boxed Set: Books 4 - 6
  • Benny James Mystery Series Box Set (Private Investigator)
  • Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)
  • Rose City Free Fall (Dent Miller Thriller #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Cal Murphy #7)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • Shame ON You (Redemption Thriller #16; Ozzie Novak Thriller #4)
  • Shock Collar (Micah Reed #7)
  • Shark Wave (Troy Bodean Adventure #6)
  • When the Water Runs Out
  • Johnny Revenge (Revenge #1)
  • Once a Soldier
  • Tin Men
USA TODAY and AMAZON BESTSELLER - Scott Blade is a Nomadvelist, a drifter and author. He writes the bestselling Jack Widow book series, two of which reached the Top 100 list on Amazon, knocking Harry Potter & Jack Reacher off the top spots, which angered one of the big publishers. Scott wears that fact as a badge of honor.

Scott Blade isn't a traditional novelist who spends his time stuck

Jack Widow (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gone Forever (Jack Widow, #1)
  • Winter Territory (Jack Widow, #2)
  • A Reason to Kill (Jack Widow, #3)
  • Without Measure (Jack Widow, #4)
  • Name Not Given (Jack Widow, #6)
  • The Midnight Caller (Jack Widow, #7)
  • Fire Watch (Jack Widow, #8)
  • The Last Rainmaker (Jack Widow, #9)
  • The Devil's Stop (Jack Widow #10)
  • Black Daylight (Jack Widow #11)