Start by marking “Deathless (The Vein Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Deathless (The Vein Chronicles #2)

Deathless (The Vein Chronicles #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  645 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
My life was never black and white.
Heck, it wasn’t even black, white and gray.
Lines were not drawn between good and evil, and if they were, I would have jumped those suckers for fun.
But now it was simpler. It wasn’t black and white. Or gray. It was only one thing.
Blood.
A crimson-tinted world. That was all I needed.
All I wanted.
Him.
Despite the war raging around us, or the se
Published April 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Deathless, please sign up.
Emma Good question. I've been wondering the same but decided I can't wait to find out myself so I'm jumping in the second book like right now. Will let you…moreGood question. I've been wondering the same but decided I can't wait to find out myself so I'm jumping in the second book like right now. Will let you know once I'm done with it. Although I hope it's a trilogy because these characters are hard to say goodbye to yet.(less)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionLOVE this cover! Great representation of Isla. Great composition. Great use of graphis and eye-catching typogrpahy. Pretty much perfect in every way.description

descriptionTo say I was excited to get my hands on this one would be an understatement. When my ARC landed on my tablet, I may have screamed more than a 13-year-old girl at a Bieber concert.

description

And let me just say that reaction was entirely deserved. This was another amazingly good read. Same phenomenal writing as book one. Same fast pace. More twists (I KNEW it!!
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
3.5

Deathless, the second book in the Vein Chronicles series, by Anne Malcom brought us back into the life of everyone’s favorite gorgeous, snarky, vampire fashionista, Isla. There is nothing I love more than a strong heroine, and Isla does not disappoint! Whether she is saving her loved ones from certain death, training little girls to fight monsters, ripping someone’s limbs off, or verbally annihilating her enemies, she is the epitome of a badass female character.

At the end of Fatal Harmony, h
Natalie The Biblioholic
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, paranormal
It's LIVE! More details at: http://bit.ly/2q2d5v6

Phenomenal! It’s one word but I think it sums up how truly amazing this book was perfectly. Similar to the awesomeness that was FATAL HARMONY, Anne Malcom gave us more bang for our buck. Incredible characters (Isla and Thorne were still badass), interesting side characters you can’t help but want to know more about (who doesn’t love Duncan, Scott and Sophie?), surprising (and not so surprising) plot twists, and a whole lot more.

The author has su
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from Author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - Second in the series, should not be read as a stand alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more
Anne Malcom
Apr 17, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ONE FREAKING WEEK!

Are we ready for this? Are you ready for Isla? I can promise the craziest ride and also promise that we're not finished with Isla and Thorne yet...

B.E.Love
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing second book In a series that is quickly shaping up to be one of the best urban fantasy/ paranormal romance books I have read in a long time. My true love for books came from PR and it will always be a genre I come back to and because of that I am very picky about paranormal romance book but this series is everything I could want in a UF/PR series.

The second book in a series really showes us what the series is made of. Will the second book fizzle out and the promise from book
Sammy

Ughh I am so disappointed in this. I liked the first book but the second book was literally annoying as hell.

"Isla. You almost died. in front of me. You think I'm gonna let you go now? or ever? I need to keep holdin' you to make sure this shit isn't something my broken mind didn't make up in order to escape the world without in it."

THORNE IS SO ANNOYING omg
I like Alpha males but the shit Thorne spouts makes me want to legit slap him every time. Isla is still that no nonsense girl but after fal
Holly
DNF. Might try again soon. Not enough character growth.
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fucking amazing!

Anne Malcom already know I’m bloody fixated with her. Seriously, there are absolutely no words. She has utterly changed the game when it comes to Paranormal Romance. I was completely enthralled from the first word. I devoured every word like my next breath. Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not really a PNR fan but The Vein Chronicles have been undeniably life-changing in that retrospect. It’s like I can’t get enough. A book that encompasses everything I love about romance, everythi
Viktória Tóth
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the first book but seriously struggled with this one. It usually takes me to read a book 2 days 3 tops if I'm busy and only can read in the evening. This on took me almost 2 weeks to read, I just couldn't get into it.

This one is going to be an unpopular opinion if I go by the review I saw on Goodreads. After reading the first book I was really looking forward to this particular story. Since I loved that one I expected that I’m going to love the second book too. Well I was wrong,
Runningrabbit
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Queen of the Irreverent

KU
Isla joins us again with her special brand of irreverent rhetoric, insults and snarky repartee. This series has most definitely been added to my favourites list, winning extra points for no cliffhanger.

There's some nice wrap ups here which are appreciated, and in one sense conclude a small part of the series. However, this doesn't at all mean that the series should end here. So, yes, I'm waiting for the next piece of Isla to add pep to my step and give me no small smir
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Everyone already knows I am a massive Anne Malcom fan. Her stories speak to me like no other books. Deathless has yet again cemented her as my favourite author. Isla is back and she's not screwing around.

This book has something for everyone.

Ass kicking action of the paranormal variety ✅
Swoon worthy moments ✅
Seriously hot chemistry ✅
Witty banter and dialogue ✅
Supporting characters you love ✅
Storyline that leaves you wanting more ✅
Banter and dialogue so funny you will definitely laugh and might s
Bella
Apr 18, 2017 added it
Shelves: april-2017, dnf
DNF @ 50%

I tried, I really tried! I struggled my way to just past the half way point (which took me over a week, reading chapters at a time between other books), but I just cannot get into this story. I thought it was just me - maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something? But my friend who LOVED the first book had the exact some problem. This book just feels different to the first.

My main struggle was Isla. She was just so annoying. She constantly made references to fashion, shoes etc, things
Laís
Rating: ★
Rating of Fatal Harmony (1st book): ★★★

Well, does it counts as a review if I say that I almost DNFed? Of if i just skimmed through the book because it was annoying the shit out of me? Well I hope I does.

But to make you happy and explain why, here are a small list (in adorable bullets) to help you save your time:

☃ Remember I said here that Isla, our wonderful female lead, had a witty personality and a quick mouth? Well, because I do. And it gets F*&%#@* annoying throughout book #2.
Deb
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LISTEN UP, ANNE MALCOM

Anne Malcom! I have a message for you: PLEASE keep writing! Do not EVER stop! The world and I need your words!!!

Deathless created a chasm in my heart, where the need to sleep was irrelevant, yet it took me so much longer to read BECAUSE of the relevance of Isla. She is THE being who brings life to death.

I tried, I really did. I tried to not care, not feel, not crave her. But I failed. And I will keep failing with Sophie and Duncan and Thorne and Rick and Scott. As the Vein
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

OMG!!! Paranormal is my JAM!! I loved this book!!! I think I need to go and read the first book in this series as well, as I felt like I was missing a lot as it is a continuation of the first book.

This heroine is totally Kick Ass! I mean seriously, confident, strong, independent and so comfortable with herself. I fell in love with her! And Thorne, Holy Smoke...

”If evil is your heart, your soul, then I’m evil too, baby. And no fuckin’ way is it wretched.
Caro Richard
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, we learnt of Isla's untimely demise in Fatal Harmony....but that cannot be the end or her sarcastic witty self, can it?

Sods law isn't it. Just find your man, your other half, your soul mate and then boom...you die from being flailed in public by a vampire king for bumping uglies with the enemy. Doesn't the King know that a girls got to get hers?

And it all comes down to this...

'True love, is the only thing in this world that is truly deathless.'

And with that, I am saying no more!

MammieBabbie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, favorites
A heart-pumping darkly passionate romance that promises and delivers time and again.

I'm a massive Anne Malcom fan, her writing is just dinkum, that's Kiwi for genuine, and at the risk of sounding repetitive (because I'm pretty sure I've said this about Ms. Malcom before) - she's got the gift of flawless character and plot progression. Every time I open one of her books I just get utterly and completely sucked in. She just holds such a special place in my book heart, she's just so so dear to my h
Lauren Cline
Hard to Sit Through and Unfinished

Rated the first one 5 stars. I loved the first book but there's just too much repetitive subject matter in this story which unfortunately makes the journey a bit tedious. The same subjects, dialogue and character reactions seem to be on an endless loop ad nauseam. The sections in between were great- it's just sifting through that's a little frustrating to find either new subject matter or any action being taken on said redundancies. The storyline itself is great
Anna
“This end, of undeath as I knew it, came first with the ecstasy of warm blood filling my mouth”

I think everyone expected Isla to survive Thorne's blood, so it wasn't such a surprise. I did not, however, expected her to become somewhat addicted and dependent on his blood.
I don't really understand the new prophecy yet and all it entails. My mind was kind of occupied with all the plot twists. And there were quite a few of those here.
I had my suspicious about the connection between Thorne and Rick
Catherine Imbeault || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author via Give Me Books. Thank you Anne Malcom and Give Me Books!

I know I've probably said this is Fatal Harmonie's review, but I love the narration style of this series. It is full of great sass, references, comments, wit, and humour. Isla's point of view does not disappoint at all. My favourite parts are when she goes in these long monologues and forgets where she's going with the story - because I do that. A lot.

That plot twist Anne! It was so unpredic
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Saints and Sinners Books)

I’m in freaking love with The Vein Chronicles! Like, seriously. This series so far has been epic and I have a feeling each book is just going to keep getting better and better. Since this is book two, I would highly recommend checking out book one, Fatal Harmony, before reading this one just so you understand what’s happening.
Deathless picks up right where Fatal Harmony left off and I won’t lie, I was sitting on the edge of my seat through most of this book. There’s so many twists and turns th
Natalia
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Almost dnf several times...

So i really loved the first book but this one was disappointing.
One of the positive of my review of the first book is that Isla did not act like a teenager with popping hormones when around hot men, but i bite my tongue in the second book there is a dependence between Thorne an Isla that is just to much... All the "love you forever and all eternity" and the all the possessive where really a mood kill!
Isla is still witty and sassy but in this book goes over the top cra
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the second book in the Vein Chronicles series and I am completely and hopelessly hooked on this amazingly addictive series! It's essential to read the first book titled Fatal Harmony before reading this one in order to have any idea what's going on since this is a continuation of book one and picks up right where that one left off.

This is hands down one of the best paranormal romance stories I've read in quite some time and I literally couldn't put this down! Isla is such a fierce and f
Stephanie S
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Anne has done it again!! I was given this as a ARC that I was excited to jump into. I have to say that I have not read a book with vampires in a long time and I was not disappointed. The first book in this series, Fatal Harmony thrust me back into this world I love to read. I have only know of Anne Malcom for about 2 months and I am so glad to have been introduced to her.

Isla is a strong independent vampire that I can relate to on so many levels. She doesn't want to be taken care of and fi
Aicha
still my favorite series.
The heroine is still the sarcastic vampire i love.
Not to mention all the side characters, Duncan being on top of that list, i would love to read his story, he's like the male version of the heroine. The king's story would also be pretty amazing.
The writing style of this author is perfect, it really keeps me on the edge of my seat with my heart beating wildly.
Reading this series is an amazing experience!
Jennifer Oloughlin
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I honestly hate that Isla has to go through so much turmoil, but she is the strongest character. Thorne was his usual brooding self. The Vein Chronicles reminds me why I love the Vampire Genre so much. It has deception, passion, death, life, and beyond all reason it has love. Isla and Sophie are the best. I love all their one liners, and the banter of their friendship. Anne Malcom writes some of my favorite stories. I’m so glad I got the opportunity to read The Vein Chronicles too.

* I voluntari
Paula D
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is hilarious, exciting and a thrill seeker from first page to the last. A war is happening ,who will live who will die? I'm loving Anne Malcom and this series how she gives us a twist with vampires, vampire slayers and witches and so much more. This is a book that's hard to review without giving away spoilers. Do you like paranormal? Do you like action packed biting your nails and so intense you wanna pace and read well this is book two of the series and it's as good as the first one. ...more
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
Deathless is a fast action, page turning book full of twists, sarcasm, vampires, werewolves, demons and witches. Oh my!!

Anne Malcom didn't fail me with this book. Isla was better than ever. She's such a strong heroine and I still want to be her bff. I mean who can kick ass in Prada and look good doing?? Add in Thorne by her side and we have an unstoppable duo.

Like the first, the secondary characters were an important piece in this book and we got to know them more with each chapter. I can't wa
Chloe
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, bad-ass-heroine
Wow, ok I've been waiting a while for this one. I knew the first one ended on a huge cliffy, so I waited for the second one to come out before reading the first.

I won't spoil the story by summarizing, it is certainly full of twists and turns! The end is slightly cliffy, but not in the same way the first one was.

I'm excited for the future of this series!
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth, then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males an ...more
More about Anne Malcom

The Vein Chronicles (2 books)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Stories of gods always start with humans. Because without mortals, immortals would not exist. Gods would not be great, for they would have no lesser beings to lord their powers over. For supernatural creatures to exist, their natural, weaker counterparts must endure, for without them the world would perish. It is on the bones of the weak that the flesh of the strong is created.” 0 likes
“He hadn’t been gentle or soulful these past three days. Which was good. Gentle and soulful was for One Direction fans and idiots.” 0 likes