Start by marking “Room 11: A man sits singing where a woman lies dreaming” as Want to Read:
Room 11: A man sits singing where a woman lies dreaming

Room 11: A man sits singing where a woman lies dreaming

A book about the different faces of love.

After an accident leaves a woman in a coma, her husband sits on a hospital chair day-in day-out singing to her. Nobody can pull him away from her as she threads through the dreams that could save her. Meanwhile, a delusional nurse grows her admiration for him into obsessive desire.

***
'I am fascinated by the way mari delves so d
Published March 9th 2017 by mari.reiza

To ask other readers questions about Room 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room 11

Start your review of Room 11: A man sits singing where a woman lies dreaming
Mamata | _booksandtealife
Room 11 by Mari Reiza.

The story plot is quite different and the writing style as well. It's something I am not used to and hence it took a good amount of time to complete.

That being said, the concept/ plot is interesting. It is narrated from the viewpoints of two different women. The old women is in coma, lying on the bed in Room 11. His husband, who isn't ready to accept the death of his wife, attends her every single day. He brings her flowers, sings her songs, takes ca
Margarida Veloz
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Soooo I did not realize that the Dreaming woman and the Comatose wife from Room 11 were the same until the end.... I took them as 2 different stories. 2 interesting but unrelated stories. I was a bit shocked when they intersected, and had to go back and re-read some passages. What a sad story for the nurse and the wife, but I feel their stories were very well written. I did not understand or enjoy all of the erotic dreams with the Greek gods (skipped the lot of them), but that probably reflected ...more
Kim
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whoa!

I love to try new writers all the time. So when I saw the title it intrigued me.
I am not going to go over the plot again. I am going to say you need to read this book.
Geeta Nair
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
A read fraught with ambiguity, Room 11 reflects an unconventional style of writing that may not be every reader’s cup of tea. Now when I say that, I mean that while some may take an instant liking to the style of writing, there may be many others who may find it quite tedious. For me what worked was the plot, and what did not work was the style. It was monotonous thereby compelling me to put the book down several times.

Coming to the story-line. I must admit that it is a promising one
Sandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Karen Siddall
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Unique telling of what’s going on around and with a coma patient but so much more.

Told from the viewpoints of two different women, this novel chronicles an accident victim’s sojourn in a nursing facility while in a coma (and so much more!) Although the woman’s family quickly gives up hope of her recovery, her husband stays by her side caring for her, singing and talking to her throughout the day (and night), for months. He is assisted in his watch by a nurse assigned to the room his wife where his wife lmore.

Told
Aunt Meanie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very weird and boring

The book blurb sounded promising. It lied.
I found it hard to complete this book because I kept falling asleep.
I started skipping forward after 50%, and finally finished the book. I STILL am completely confused as to the point of this book.
Total disappointment. Not worth the time I wasted reading it.
Sarah Piper
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Wow ... I'm not even entirely sure I understand what just happened. I kept feeling like it was one of those books that was going to lead up to some amazing apex .... some great thing happening to make all of these strange things fit together ... and it didn't. I kept reading waiting for it to all come together and it just never did. Not impressed.
Beth
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Room 11
A Man Sits Singing Where a Woman Lies Dreaming

Mari Reiza

Room 11 is a compelling fantasy anchored in a crucial real-world situation. It's a story you wish never to have to tell about anyone you love, encompassing the imaginings of that loved one lost in a sea of suffering.

The man in Room 11 is watching over his wife who lies in a hospital bed, comatose after an accident. Each day he visits, and each time he visits, he sings. His songs range from ro
Angela  Emrick
Jul 05, 2017
Mara Mer
Apr 30, 2019
mari reiza
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

• From Ashes To Dreams
  • THE GIRL WITH BLUE EYES
  • So-called love story
  • Do I Still Have A Chance?: Every Love Story Has Its Own Fate!
  • The Battle of Panchavati and Other Stories from Indian Scriptures
  • The Lost 3 Days of My Life
  • The Patomskiy Crater
  • Abyss
  • The Worst Daughter Ever
  • Chills (Kathy Ryan, #1)
  • Winter Poems
  • PENTACLES
  • The Girl with the Glass Heart
  • The Covenant
mari.reiza was born in Madrid in 1973. She has worked as an investment research writer and management consultant for twenty years in London. She studied at Oxford University and lives off Portobello Road with her husband and child.