Start by marking “Caveman (Wild Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caveman (Wild Men, #1)

Caveman

(Wild Men #1)

Matthew Hansen is the kind of handsome that has grown women whispering behind their hands and giggling like schoolgirls.
Dark, tall and mysterious, he’s a newcomer to our little town. He’s a gritty, grease-covered mechanic, and a single daddy.
Sweet, right?
Plus he’s looking for a nanny – and I am desperately looking for a job.
Sounds like the perfect deal.
Only he’s a jerk. An
364 pages
Published May 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Caveman, please sign up.
Jo Raven No, I am sorry. All my books are currently in Amazon's exclusive program (kindle unlimited)

★ Belle The Bibliophile ★

Edited because I made a mistake regarding the Hero's age but my opinion still stands.

Ugh. This book isn't necessarily bad but I do have few issues with it.

First of all, this book is very angsty and I wasn't expecting that. Especially with the blurb that comes with it. Not that I hate angsty books-- I love angsty books--but the blurb is so misleading!

The heroine just turned eighteen and the hero's about to turn thirty, which is fine, it's legal. The sex was consensual. But I can't help feelin
Sabrina
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Get it here:
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

There wasn't anything wrong with this book really, but it just wasn't for me. The beginning really dragged for me and I got bored with it before we even got to the 20% mark. I couldn't see any connection between the characters and I felt like there was really only about 5% of the book where Matthew actually acted like he liked Octavia, the majority of the time was him growling at her. Now don't get me wrong, I love a growly Alpha Hero but I need at least s
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
widower + teenager nanny + instalust + dramalhama + 2 kids + psycho seeking revenge
-----------
The book ends with 42% of the file and the rest are samples and another book.
-------------
It was a read ok, nothing special.
The hero is a widower with two small children that need a nanny.
Heroine is only 18 years old and need to work to pay off debts from her mother.
He is very rude to her, but is attracted to her because she resembles his wife.
He is still in mourning, even after three years still has ni
Jess
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Despite some reviews I've been reading, and it being only my second Jo Raven book, I quite liked it. I was completely entertained and engrossed in the story. CAVEMAN was slightly angsty and had a slow start, but it picked up nicely and I loved the sub-storyline it had going on. Gave the book a more dynamic feel and that kept me invested.

Matt is a tough nut to crack. He's got your typical wounded, broken heart, dark, sexy vibe going on and then in complete contrast you have young Octavia, who ma
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
dnf @ 35%

this was one of the worst books I've read and the only silver lining was that I did not spend my own hard earned cash on it. It was boring, predictable and filled with the most flat characters. It's the cliche middle aged man falls for his barely legal nanny, but there wasn't a redeeming part to this story.

This followed a single (terrible, borderline neglectful) father who is still reeling (suffering from a breakdown) after the death of his wife.

He is an asshole to everybody on planet
Dri ✰
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4,5 totally in love stars!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!
Eu amei esse livroooooo!!!
É daqueles que você não consegue largar a leitura por nada.
Amei demais esse casal. O mocinho então? Senhor, impossível não se apaixonar!!!
Adoro quando um livro me surpreende, me deixa tãooooo feliz! :D
Muito bom e recomendo demais, demais! <3
Snow
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole story had a much deeper and insightful conotation than the title gives a hint of.

A broken man. Shattered by the loss of the person he loves, leaving him lost and a mess with 2 little children to take care of.

And he's alienating himself from them, being overshadowed by the grief and pain and helplessness...
And he cant find his way out of it.
He needs help in taking care of his little ones...and he finds her.

The girl he least expected.
The girl who reminds him of his loss and yet she's
Claire Robinson
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, shit-hot-series

Not for me, 10% in and the author has offered up absolutely nothing about either of these characters that makes me want to continue on with the story.

If you are going to offer a dull, depressing town, with down on their luck, miserable characters you need to add a little something to make them endearing enough that you want to keep reading, and for me the continual 'woe is me' attitude gave me absolutely nothing in the way of encouragement in that vein.

Another impulse one-click purchase that t
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
5 Stars!!! to Caveman by author Jo Raven.

Matt and Tay (Octavia).......

Once again Jo Raven has me completely 100% in love with her book! Truth? When I have a new book from Jo Raven, I expect it to be perfect. Because it always is.

Her writing style, her plot, her characters are all always flawed with tortured souls; a past that will gut you. My connection to her characters are there from the first pages. I can't explain my relationship with Jo's books but I can tell you she is literally on my top
Romance Readers Retreat
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Matthew is in over his head and he's taking it out on the world. Head lost the love of his life, he's in a new place, starting a new job and he has two small children to raise with zero idea how to go about it. Given all of the above he's rude, abrasive and seemingly devoid of basic civility. The only thing that seems certain is the fact he needs help in the form of a Nanny.

Octavia wants nothing to do with Matthew. He seems more caveman than man, but a good job is a good job and she's d
Ann
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
I read this and can't remember anything about it.
I forgot I had put this on my DO NOT READ list.
Damn.

Oh, wait. I remember the girl being 18? I thought she was going to be older...wrong. I HATE 18 YEAR OLD HEROINES IN ROMANCES! I don't find it believable for a much older man to fall in love with a teenager!! Have anyone y'all met an 18 year old? Yes, there are exceptions but for me it is not realistic. There was a mystery plot in here or something that was just very stupid... This just was not
Jamie C
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!

I really enjoyed this book! I loved both the hero and the heroine, which is rare for me. Their story was sweet and although I kind of had already guessed who the stalker guy was, I liked the suspense. I feel like it was really well written.

I'm also glad I didn't stop reading in the middle of the book because I almost did. I really don't like stories with dead exes, but I feel that after the H realized that she wasn't coming bad, that the story and romance really progressed from ther
Rabiya
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS for Caveman by Jo Raven
Ok So....
I would say that reading Caveman felt like this book is a collaboration between M. Robinson and Mariana Zapata. I'm not comparing Jo Raven with them but this what I felt while reading. I won't give this 4 or 5 stars because it didn't hit me 'there' in the 'special' place of my 'heart' but I really enjoyed reading it and the suspence had me glued to it.
Despite some negative reviews I took the chance of reading it and honestly I liked it. It's very wel
Jacqueline
DNF

I don't think I've ever read anything with less chemistry between the main characters.

Angry, hostile and belligerent guys can be hot but this one was behaving like a bad tempered kid one minute and saluting the child-woman with inconvenient erections every time she looked his way the next, I couldn't work out what was going on with him at all. The instalust felt creepy to me because she was such a naive and immature 18 year-old.

Not for me, sorry.
Syndi
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
the story is so cliche. an older man falling for 18 years old virgin. a single dad and his nanny. i think jo raven must runs out of idea when she write this book.

the writing style is still powerful. wordly dramatic. but the story is just empty. and the characters are typical. i can live with the characters. but i just can not live with the bland story/ plot.
Jacqueline
Didn't really draw me in. The hero was a little too messed up for too long. I had problems with the small town setting. For one thing, if it was so small in the mid west there was no way there was a bus running in the town. Just kind of over the top while being pretty ordinary. Is that even a thing?
Tawny
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Melanie♥
The hero was so damaged and depressed for most of the book, that it was hard to enjoy.
Christine
I could not continue. The pining from the hero throughout the book for his dead wife was too much. Also, it would have worked better if the heroine was in her 20s.

Good luck. You may love this one. It did not work for me.

This could have been so good!!! So disappointing.
Page
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kind of a drag. H is a depressed, angry, asshole, and h is an 18 year old virgin with insta love issues. The combination did not work for me. He's too angry, she's too young.
Beth
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Last Chance Stars

Matt has to make this work. He has lost his wife and is now raising his 2 small kids on his own. He has a new job in a new town. He has no choice to be make this work. His small family that is has seen so much hurt is depending on him. Matt doesn't have the luxury of a second chance. This has to work.

My kids mean the fucking world to me. Although the world has lost its shine, they're part of me.

Octavia needs a job. She needs to help her mom out with the bills. She wants nothi
Kimberly Givan
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
******ARC given for an honest review**********
3.5 stars. Couldn't warm up to the heroine.
Jo Raven is one of my absolute favorite authors, I have loved every one of her previous books. Which is why it pains me to give this one a bad review.
For me, what didn’t work was the heroine Octavia. She was so very young, just barely legal. Normally a decade difference in age isn’t an issue, that is if the heroine is at least in her twenties and more mature.
I didn’t feel like Octavia was mature at all.
Karina
Blurb was misleading.
Kristiej
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I bought this book for two reasons. The first I will admit is totally shallow, I really like the cover – including cover model. But the second reason is I read the whole Inked Brotherhood series and enjoyed them and this book is a spin off on those books. While the hero is a jerk times 10 through a good part of the book, because I already knew him from a previous book I knew why he is the way he is.
Matt is a widower whose wife died after a long battle with cancer. He is left with a young son and
Leiera Monae
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think that this one was a case of "It's-me-not-you." I really wanted to love this book, what with all the hype about it on social media, but there was just one major issue (and a few minor issues) that I simply could not get past.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Literally, throughout the entire book, Matt keeps wishing for Emma, his deceased wife. He thinks that Octavia, the heroine, reminds him of Emma. He comments about how alike they are. He thinks about how Octavia likes to wear dresses like Emma
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Nothing brings me the thrills and all around giddiness faster than opening a new book by Jo Raven. It feels like coming home again when I not only meet her new characters but also have encounters with some of my favorites from her novels... especially one with a sexy blue spiked mohawk and a deliciously fowl mouth! This time, Jo Raven takes us to Destiny, Missouri to get to know the haunted and grieving Matt Hansen who is related to one of the
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, 2017
2.5 - 3 ***

This book was a KU and was almost a DNF. Matt is a widower with two young kids. He's almost 30. Octavia just turned 18 and becomes a nanny for Mary and Cole. First, Matt is so depressed and messed up over his wife dying _years_ ago he has no business trying to take care of little kids. Really, where is social services when you need them. He's not abusive he's just too wrapped up in his own pain to be a decent parent. He's depressed and has a history of attempted suicide. Why isn't thi
Tracy Reads
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
cover : I was hooked on this cover when I first saw it so hot!!

where to start with Matt Hansen.. he is moody and angry and loveable and he can be my caveman any day of the week.
I really loved this story I dived right into this world and did not leave until I finished romantics this one is definitely for you Octavia is really sweet she's a tad on the young qnd stupid side at times but it's all good really loved this book.and OMG Zane makes an appearance!
would Matt be my book boyfriend hell yes
Be the first to get your hands on Jo Raven’s new releases & offers, giveaways, previews, and more by signing up here ▶ http://bit.ly/1CTNTHM

Jo Raven is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, best known for her series Inked Brotherhood and Damage Control. She writes edgy, contemporary New Adult romance with sexy bad boys and strong-willed heroines. She writes about MME fighters and

Wild Men (5 books)
  • Troublemaker (Wild Me, #0.5)
  • Undone (Wild Men, #2)
  • Mancave (Wild Men, #3)
  • Cards of Love: Strength
“Siblings. Always exaggerating, always teasing. Can’t live without them, can’t put them up for sale on eBay.” 2 likes
“That’s one naughty, bad little voice.” 1 likes