Start by marking “Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart, #1)

Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  185 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Falling in love with your ex should never feel this good ...

Twelve years, three cities, and too many pairs of stilettos later, Shaelyn Lawrence is back in the one place she vowed never to return: New Orleans.

Thankfully, her hometown stint is temporary. Better yet, she has a plan guaranteed to get her out ASAP:
Return her aging-but-still-crazy grandmother back to health;

Hel
Published April 27th 2017 by Alkmini Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Say You'll Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say You'll Be Mine

Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Say You’ll Be Mine by Maria Luis was cute, sweet and charming of the start of her NOLA Heart series. Guarantee you’ll laugh, you will cheer for the second chance with bated breath and you will find out the mystery of what happened those 12 years ago to make Shaelyn disappear from Brady. Enjoy the ride…

Maria Luis delivers complex characters and complex drama with a side of sexy to keep it entertaining. Dual POV’s to grasp each individ
Medavis66
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Twelve years ago, she ran from town after finding out something. Now, finding out something else has her returning to that same place she swore she'd never come back to. However, her sick grandmother needs her help. That old woman is a treat! I love her plan for getting Shaelyn and Brady back together. Him being a detective and all, what could go wrong? You will laugh a great deal, guaranteed. You will cheer for the second chance love to make it work this time. You will find out what really happ ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has been one of the funniest things I've ever read. It's not a quick book. There's a lot of time and attention spent setting the scene of how Shae and Brady got to where they are now and giving us the background for their motivations. Their families and coworkers have got to be some of the wackiest characters in a city that's already known for it's unique personalities. I loved watching these two find their way back together. It drove me completely mental the number of times they each sabot ...more
Lisa
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
You know you're in for an interesting ride when you have men in red dresses and the female hygiene aisle all happen in the first few paragraphs. This book continued on the same quirky, fun vein throughout.

Shaelyn and Brady have a past together but when Brady broke her heart, she ran. Shaelyn is back and the attraction is still there. With meddling families, a potential promotion for Brady, a killer on the loose and Shaelyn's past escapades all combine to create one fun and interesting ride. The
Cee Cee Houston
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shaelyn Lawrence and Brady Taylor were highschool sweethearts until Brady caused her to leave New Orleans swearing never to set foot back in the town. 12 years later and she’s back, and the first person she sees is him. The man who crushed her heart.
Shaelyn doesn’t want to talk to him again… ever, but Brady wants to talk to her. In fact he wants more than that. He wants to explain and get a 2nd chance but Shaelyn’s having none of it.
I liked this book, the couple were sharp-witted and funny, the
Nicole Normand
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from the author via Shifted Sheets; this is my honest review.
This story has several LOL moments; other times you feel like the h's manic to run away every time she has a problem is getting old - she does it a lot right from the beginning; other moments are sweet and you're happy you're reading the book. I would have been okay if the book had been shorter. Some issues dragged on too long or too often. I'm not one to be offended if someone doesn't tell me the whole truth, nothing
Debra Ashwood
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Say You'll Be Mine

This is the first book in this series. It is about a couple who broke up when she mistook what he said back right after high school graduation. She left with our a backwards glance. Now twelve years later she is back to help her grandmother. But meddling family and friends keep getting in her way at leaving again. What happens in New Orleans just means everyone is involved. Let the good times roll!!!
DawnMarie  Carpintero
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute

4 stars

With all my might I really could not get into this book I don't know what it is about the story with this couple but something was off maybe it was the second chance part maybe it was actually the prologue I think the story for me began a minute there.

Don't give me wrong it was a really good book of second chances but just not the book for me.

Happy sexy reading
Joslyn Westbrook
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YES!!! Maria Luis has done it again!

Fall in love again....I loved this second chance romance and was lucky enough to read it before it was published...and I read it AGAIN after publication!!

The chemistry between Brady and Shaelyn is quite hot and sexy. I truly enjoyed getting to know them. The story is set in New Orleans and the descriptions took me right there!

Read this book - You'll be happy you did!
Coffee Chat
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr, romance
I loved this book. This book is perfect. Just what you need to lighten your day and give you a smile. There are plenty of quirky characters that are hilarious. the meddling is well intended. I really liked Brady and Shaelyn’s snarky banter and sexual tension. This was well written and I can’t wait to read more from this author. This is a must read
Kelly
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I bought the 2nd book on discount and had to read this one first because that is just my way! This was such a great book. I enjoyed the complex characters. The mystery of what was going on the fuel the characters behaviors and attitudes. I was super excited to read the next in the series! Finished it in a day!
Alexis Krobatsch
This one had me hooked right away. Say You'll Be Mine is witty, quick paced, sexy, and well written. with likable characters and a beautiful setting. Come to N'Orleans and fall in love with Brady and Shaelyn as they fall in love again. I'm so happy this is a series. This is one of those books where you want MORE of the characters. I can't wait to read them all!
Renee
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Likeable characters!

This was a great read! Loved the setting and found all the characters to work well together. Funny, enjoyable, easy read ... looking forward to the next one in the series.
Jennifer Campbell
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I thought this story was very well written. Shaelyn and Brady are thrown together again by meddlesome old ladies and the twists and turns leave you wanting to keep turning the page. Well done M. Luis...well done
Chantel Danos
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
💖💖💖

Absolutely loved it! I love all books that are based on NOLA. This was a great read book. It feels like you live g the story in NO, especially if you know the city!
Amy Corbitt
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book is really awesome. I did not put it down I read it in one day. Second chance love is awesome.
Elizabeth Grey
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Super evocative story! I loved all the descriptions of the character's lives in New Orleans. A fun page turner! 😁
Pattie Jordan
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

I enjoy the book. It did take a bit to really get into the story, but it was worth the time to read.
Vic
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Can't wait for more.
Book Snob Sue
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, so I’m going to start out by saying that I freaking love Meme Elaine (that’s Shaelyn’s ornery grandma), that woman has so much spunk and so damn funny...she is a total handful and I love it. So, moving on, just had to get that out.

Brady and Shaelyn dated in high school, they were best friends and then were each other’s first loves. She over heard and misunderstood a conversation he had with his grandma and just left town. Didn’t come back for 12 years. He waited for her the first 3 years, bu
gail brown
Karen Williams
May 03, 2017
Scrap
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book

Maria Luis is now one of my favorite authors This book was so wonderful Shea and Brady touched my heart in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. There is so much humor in this book as well something about Shea's Meme' Eliza reminded me of my Nanny (grandmother) maybe the tea cocktails or the fact she had no filter at all. It had me going through my own memories of my childhood more than once lol. When a book reminds you of happy t
Lucie
Nov 18, 2017
Julia Van Dyke
Jul 19, 2017
Amy  Crull
Sep 14, 2017
Ree
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brady & Shaelyn are too sweet!! I enjoyed their back-and-forth bantering. I really liked how the author let us deep into their thoughts. I was rooting for their second chance from their first interaction.

I think, though, that the real star of the show was Meme Elaine!!! Julian, too, was quite a character. The secondary characters really added a certain flair to the story. I was howling out loud at a lot of their antics.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book, & I definitely
Tara
May 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Update 3 20 Apr 06, 2017 01:31PM
Maria is a big fan of books, nature, dogs, and pretty things - not always in that order, though.

By day, Maria is a historian who specializes in 19th century New Orleans and 14th century London. What do the two eras have in common? Not much, except for disease, scandal, and crime - Maria's favorite historical topics. (For real, if you want to talk any of the above, just reach out!)

When not digging
More about Maria Luis...

NOLA Heart (4 books)
  • Take A Chance On Me (NOLA Heart, #2)
  • Dare You To Love Me (NOLA Heart, #3)
  • Tempt Me With Forever (NOLA Heart, #4)
“What I saw was her lookin’ like she’d like nothing more than to run you over with her car, and you lookin’ at her like she was a new Glock you wouldn’t mind getting your hands on.” 2 likes
“Another shrug—the chiffon strap slid even lower. This, Shaelyn decided, was how her cousin attracted hoards of men like bees after nectar. Without even realizing it, Anna reeled them in like bait. Clearly she and her cousin did not share the same genes.” 2 likes