Start by marking “Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart, #1)

Say You'll Be Mine

(NOLA Heart #1)

Falling in love with your ex should never feel this good...

Twelve years, three cities, and too many pairs of stilettos later, Shaelyn Lawrence is back in the one place she vowed never to return: New Orleans.

Thankfully, her hometown stint is temporary. Better yet, she has a plan guaranteed to get her out ASAP:

Return her aging-but-still-crazy grandmother back to health;

Hel
Published April 27th 2017 by Alkmini Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Say You'll Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say You'll Be Mine

Raine
Kinda cute, but not really

I liked the story well enough, but I thought the reasons for their twelve year separation was pretty lame. It was so mysterious and OTT drama and when we find out all the reasons for the separation, I kept thinking, "Really? That's why?"
Siobhan
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Say You’ll Be Mine is the first book in the NOLA Heart series by Maria Luis, and I’ve been intrigued about this one for quite some time. In fact, the NOLA Heart series grabbed my attention more than the Blades Hockey series, yet my introduction to the author’s work came through Blades Hockey rather than NOLA Heart. Enjoying the Blades Hockey series, however, simply made me even more desperate to read NOLA Heart.

As I had hoped, Say You’ll Be Fine was an addictive read, one that had me hooked thro
Rohina
This is my first Maria Luis book and what drew me to this story was the blurb, unfortunately, it didn't live up to the kind of second chance romance I was hoping for it to be.

The story could have used more development but what put me out the most was the characters. Even though well into their adulthood were immature and more as their teenage selves had been.
What also bugged me was when, in the end, Brady actually starts to take responsibility for his actions for a minute but in the next, he i
Melliane
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I did not know the author but how to resist a romance set in New Orleans? I love this setting and I admit that I am always very intrigued! And I like “second chances” romances, it’s always nice to see two characters ending up like that.

Shaelyn did not think she would ever come home, but when her grandmother tells her she’s sick, she quickly comes back to help her. Until she understands that all this is staged so that she crosses the road of the only boy who
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Say You’ll Be Mine by Maria Luis was cute, sweet and charming of the start of her NOLA Heart series. Guarantee you’ll laugh, you will cheer for the second chance with bated breath and you will find out the mystery of what happened those 12 years ago to make Shaelyn disappear from Brady. Enjoy the ride…

Maria Luis delivers complex characters and complex drama with a side of sexy to keep it entertaining. Dual POV’s to grasp each individ
Jessica
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read the first 60% or so several days and many stresses before I finished so my memory is fuzzy enough that this will be a short review. I found the characters very childish throughout the entire thing and because of that I didn't especially care what happened to them. It really irked me the way he blew up at her towards the end because she left after he lied. Like yeah she's running jerk wad you can't be trusted who wouldn't run from that? He started to take responsibility for his actions but ...more
Lizard And Wombat Romance Reviews
Lizard: 4⋆.
Wombat: Pending⋆.
Overall: Pending⋆.
Elizabeth Marr
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually have mixed feelings about this book so I’m rating it 3.5 stars. Ill be honest, I like this book but I also don’t like it, if that makes any sense. The story line is great. I love the fact that the couple gets a second chance together and I also liked how it came about. But this book was a hard read for me, especially at the beginning. It felt slow and some parts I didn’t know who was talking/thinking so I kept having to re-read those spots just to try and understand what was going on. ...more
Keleia Blackman
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute but not that realistic to me.

This was a really cute story. I absolutely love the author and everything I’ve read by her so far has been amazing. I love the characters in this book and the New Orleans culture. Would’ve given this book a 5 star if it wasn’t for Shaelynn (whose name I love). She was just too wishy washy for me. She was so hot and cold and indecisive. I just wanted her to make up her mind and stop being a freaking tease. Also, I didn’t think it was realistic how she just up an
Christy Bailey
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

While this wasn't a bad read, it didn't quite live up to my expectations either. It was a good storyline it just seemed to drag on.I just couldn't seem to get into the book like I usually do. I wanted to see how it ended so I continued reading it and it was a great HEA but like I said the book just didn't get me hooked.
Robin Edwards
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love this first installment of Maria's Nola Heart Series. Say You'll Be Mine (Book 1) is a wonderful book into the world of New Orleans residents Brady Taylor and Shaelyn Lawrence and the militia of minor characters I'm sure we will see throughout the rest of the serious.

Great Job Maria!
Katherine Evans
Ugh, OMG. Hot, hot, HOT, and it was mostly the dialogue. Loved it. Starting book 2 now.
Valentina
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Details

I really liked this book! I loved the main characters and their witty comments lol I think the best part of the book for me was the detail given so you understood where they came from and how they got to where they are now.
Jacquelyn
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was not a favorite. I was able to finish it (barely) so I gave it two stars but I will not be continuing the series. The characters were boring and their story dragged on and on without any depth. The big problems that inevitably tear the main characters apart both as teens and then as adults are stupid and petty. The best part of this book was when it was over and I could move on to more interesting reads.
☆Jamie☆
3.5 Stars! Say You’ll Be Mine (SYBM) is my first book by Maria Luis and a descent start to the NOLA Heart series.

Summary:
Shaelyn Laurence had never planned to return to New Orleans. It has been twelve long years since she’s been home, and she’s hoping to make the trip as temporary as possible. She’ll get in and get her grandmother on the mend, and get out. Eluding her high school sweetheart and the still-too-handsome reason she left Louisiana is her goal. But Shaelyn should have known that New O
Alla
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bad. Whinny, boring, poorly written, and in some parts down right stupid.
Suzana
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
FIVE STARS

description

My first book by this author but definitely won't be the last. It was perfect and amazing read. Loved it from start to finish. Loved the setting - NOLA - and the characters are so loveable and relatable. They were real so it was easy to connect with them. The writing and plot were well written and well developed. Enjoyed every single page and minute reading it.

First love
Friends To Lovers
Enemies To lovers
Sensual
Passionate
Angsty
Second chance at love

Shaelyn is funny, sassy, loving and stu
Coco.V
Aug 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/17/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Falling in love with your ex should never feel this good ...

Return her aging-but-still-crazy grandmother back to health;

Help her cousin with her boutique;

Evade Brady Taylor, her high school sweetheart, a.k.a
Stacy
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!

Ok, to say I liked this book, would be an understatement! I absofreakinglutely LOVED this book! I loved everything about it! Talk about hot! Oh my God, Shaelyn and Brady's chemistry practically melted the screen right off my Kindle! Let's just say I definitely had to fan myself off a time or three!

I was hooked from page one! I felt connected to the characters immediately and was totally sucked into their world. I loved that I laughed, cried, felt frustrated and swooned all in the same para
Angela
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brady and Shae had an interesting tale in this second-chance romance. While I didn't find their reasons for separating super riveting, they were 17 or 18 at the time, so I'll cut it some slack. Teenagers are known to be dramatic and blow things out of proportion. Staying away 12 years over it (and a less than stellar parental relationship) seemed less convincing. Come on. you're almost 30! Get over yourself and go visit your old friends or family - overbearing mother be damned. You don't need he ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I was first introduced to Maria Luis from her Blades Hockey series - which I absolutely loved. So even though this book is not a sports romance novel (my favourite genre) I knew I couldn't pass up a book by this author.
Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed. This book had me chuckling along page after page. Shaelyn's Meme Elaine was just ridiculous. And I mean that in a hilarious way. I really wish she was my own grandmother.
I liked how even though Brady and Shaelyn were high school sweethearts,
Sharon Jones
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked how even though Brady and Shaelyn were high school sweethearts,
Kim
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited on a whim. I'd read the synopsis and thought 'Eh, okay, exes aren't really my thing, but uniforms are.' It sat in my waiting to read pile for a month or two before I finally picked it out to read while I was bored. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! I thoroughly enjoyed the main characters and the setting. New Orleans was vividly portrayed by Maria Luis and I often felt like I was right there with the characters.

Shaelyn was funny, lovin
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I was excited about this one when I read the blurb. Maria Luis is a new author for me and I like stepping out of my usual comfort zone.

Say You'll Be Mine was a little complex with a side of sweet and charming. There are laughs and I think you will root for this second chance. This is my first read from this author and I can't say that I hated it but, I didn't love it. I found it a little hard to become invested in and struggled to flip the pages in the beginning.

The writing was a little differen
Ann Meemken
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shaelyn and Brady had a falling out 12 years ago. Shaelyn instead of confronting Brady just up and left. She is back in New Orleans to take care of her grandma. She hopes to not run into Brady while she is there. What will happen if they do?

I enjoyed the story. Brady was a great character. He has a job which he is trying to get a big promotion. He is a hard worker and loyal to those he loves. I really did not care for Shaelyn. She just seemed so indecisive on what she wanted. I did enjoy the ban
Medavis66
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Twelve years ago, she ran from town after finding out something. Now, finding out something else has her returning to that same place she swore she'd never come back to. However, her sick grandmother needs her help. That old woman is a treat! I love her plan for getting Shaelyn and Brady back together. Him being a detective and all, what could go wrong? You will laugh a great deal, guaranteed. You will cheer for the second chance love to make it work this time. You will find out what really happ ...more
Cathy Pardue
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Say you'll be mine

Super cute, sexy and sweet romance. I loved Brady, his actions and how he treated Shae. He is the perfect amount of alpha, without being an alphahole. I would have preferred Shae be less wishy washy and have a little backbone.
Shaelyn and Brady dated in high school and split due to a misunderstanding just after graduation. Both have meddling grandparents with boundary issues. Shae comes back to New Orleans to care for her grandmother after 12 yrs. After to many crazy scenarios
Kristen Lewendon
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has been one of the funniest things I've ever read. It's not a quick book. There's a lot of time and attention spent setting the scene of how Shae and Brady got to where they are now and giving us the background for their motivations. Their families and coworkers have got to be some of the wackiest characters in a city that's already known for it's unique personalities. I loved watching these two find their way back together. It drove me completely mental the number of times they each sabot ...more
Carolyne
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this series has been a very enjoyable discovery! The writing is witty, the hot and steamy scenes satisfy my need for books with a kick, the characters are well-rounded (with some dealing with inner demons or difficult pasts), the storyline is diverting, and the quirky love stories end in HEA. The author herself calls the books flirty, and I completely agree.

In Say You’ll Be Mine, Shaelyn and Brady have a second chance at love after a misunderstanding that lasted a decade. While Shae an
Lisa
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
You know you're in for an interesting ride when you have men in red dresses and the female hygiene aisle all happen in the first few paragraphs. This book continued on the same quirky, fun vein throughout.

Shaelyn and Brady have a past together but when Brady broke her heart, she ran. Shaelyn is back and the attraction is still there. With meddling families, a potential promotion for Brady, a killer on the loose and Shaelyn's past escapades all combine to create one fun and interesting ride. The
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Update 3 20 Apr 06, 2017 01:31PM
  • Sleighed (Severton Search & Rescue, #1)
  • Then He Came Back (Love From Austin Book 2)
  • Hometown Hero (Hometown Alaska Men, #2)
  • Start Over (Start Again #2)
  • Meeting Danger: Romantic Suspense (Book One in the Danger Series)
  • All Messed Up (Windy City Kink, #2)
  • About Time (The Avenue, #1)
  • Bolt (Storm Runners Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Vanished
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • Twilight's Encore (Wounded Hearts #3)
  • At the Risk of Forgetting
  • Ghost (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #9)
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Taking Aim at the Sheriff (Appaloosa Pass Ranch #2)
  • Even Odds (Slices of Pi, #1)
  • Rough Terrain (Vista Falls #1)
  • Only One You (You and Me #1)
Maria is a big fan of books, nature, dogs, and pretty things - not always in that order, though.

By day, Maria is a historian who specializes in 19th century New Orleans and 14th century London. What do the two eras have in common? Not much, except for disease, scandal, and crime - Maria's favorite historical topics. (For real, if you want to talk any of the above, just reach out!)

When not digging

NOLA Heart (4 books)
  • Take A Chance On Me (NOLA Heart, #2)
  • Dare You To Love Me (NOLA Heart, #3)
  • Tempt Me With Forever (NOLA Heart, #4)
“Another shrug—the chiffon strap slid even lower. This, Shaelyn decided, was how her cousin attracted hoards of men like bees after nectar. Without even realizing it, Anna reeled them in like bait. Clearly she and her cousin did not share the same genes.” 3 likes
“What I saw was her lookin’ like she’d like nothing more than to run you over with her car, and you lookin’ at her like she was a new Glock you wouldn’t mind getting your hands on.” 1 likes