Start by marking “Sh*t My President Says: The Illustrated Tweets of Donald J. Trump” as Want to Read:
Sh*t My President Says: The Illustrated Tweets of Donald J. Trump

Sh*t My President Says: The Illustrated Tweets of Donald J. Trump

Eisner Award-winning cartoonist Shannon Wheeler tackles the 140-character president. For the first time, these revealing snapshots of the world's most powerful man are collected, curated, and brought to memorable new life as cartoons.

Some people are saying, I don't know, you tell me, but a lot of people are saying this is the greatest book of the year. This guy, Shannon Wh
Published August 15th 2017 by Top Shelf Productions (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Sh*t My President Says, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sh*t My President Says

Greta
Trump's tweets, appropriately illustrated with caricature drawings of Trump as a spoiled child.
Baby Trump's tantrums make perfect sense this way.
If he wasn't the President of the US, this would actually be funny. Now, it's deeply sad and worrying.

photo 0FB0501C-52A9-4858-B4CA-A9C4C3217DEB.png
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Shannon Wheeler (Too Much Coffee Man) turns his satirical pen to the tweets from @POTUS. Some will find this humorous, some will be offended - but I think it is healthy for us to try to see the 'other' point of view - and often humor is a safe place for everyone to meet.
Taylor Kundel-Gower
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
With each new page, I could hardly decided whether to laugh, cry, or bash the book repeatedly against my own head.
Ellen Zarate
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed. I cried. I cried some more. I considered sheet-caking...
Kristin
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really funny and really scary! The title should be taken literally, because I've never heard such "shit" come out of a person's mouth in a leadership capacity before. I thought George W. Bush was an imbecile.
Scottsdale Public Library
Who actually likes to scroll through their twitter feed looking for hilarious tweets even if it is held to 140 characters; that is so hugely time consuming. Well, luckily, Shannon Wheeler did it for us! Wheeler is an amazing artist who took many of Trump’s most admired and controversial tweets and organized them with pretty pictures for everyone to enjoy. Birther movement; check! Golfing at the winter white house; check! Sad, covfefe, Kristen Stewart; check! Check! CHECK! No matter what side of ...more
Amy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You will find all the Trumpspiration you can stomach in the pages of this book.

Our President is gross. But, of course, you already know that. This book sits on my coffee table so that my children don’t forget it, and so that my relatives who voted for him (and who don’t have a Twitter account), when they happen to visit my house, will feel at home. Most of all, I want to remind my children that people can be popular and disgusting, wealthy and low-class, educated and unintelligent, blustery and
Lisa Petty
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. The best book ever written. He writes the best tweets. Believe me when I tell you. We are going to make Twitter great again.
Zedsdead
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
An illustrated compilation of some of Trump's more witless and destructive tweets.

An observant bit from the author's introduction: "[Trump] encourages his fans to be themselves--not with aspiration, but indulgence. Be sexist. Be racist. Be fearful. Be selfish. Hate and fear the world. Consume."

And a sampling:
--News media is the enemy of the American people.
--Obama had my wires tapped at Trump Tower!
--Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud.
--(I wasn't aware of this one but Trump once had a
Coenraad
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shannon Wheeler provides a fascinating perspective on the Twittering President. By drawing him as a brat of a child, not a senior bully, he undermines Trump's clout. By not placing the tweets chronologically, he ensures that we see certain themes from the Trump Tweet Collection: presidential golf playing, health care, support by voters and crowds, 'haters and losers', and a worrying sting in the tail in that very last cartoon. I hope this publication spawns a series, to be updated annually.

Wheel
Brent
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all readers of all ages
Recommended to Brent by: Shannon Wheeler
Shannon Wheeler cartoons these famous Twitter rants. This fine book, published by Atlanta-area Top Shelf, grew in importance during the week I was reading a copy checked out of Atlanta-Fulton Public Library. The President's speech is embarrassing; his writing is unintentionally humorous.
Though a longtime fan of Wheeler and his Too Much Coffee Man (www.tmcm.com) , I was more enthusiastic about the cartooning of Robert Sikoryak and his parodies of Trump's speech in comic book covers, The Unquotabl
Jodi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great concept and illustrations. I was left wanting more though, maybe a larger compilation or an updated version in the future? Most of the illustrations were right on point and I loved that the artist portrayed Trump as a child in them. A quick and fun, yet disturbing read.
Kyle Fox
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was written by our most articulate president (#45). Shannon Wheeler was somehow able to channel those 140 characters and take us into the tiny mind of our president. Pick up this book! You'll be glad you did!
Lissa
I was really expecting to like this book more than I did. I'm not familiar with the illustrator, but people seem to talk favourably about him from a quick google search. And I mean, come on, it's skewering Trump's ridiculous tweets (of which there are many) - which may, honestly, be like shooting fish in a barrel, but still, it's fun. But the illustrations didn't add much to the book, at least for me. Trump's tweets are hilarious in and of themselves, of course, but you can read those for free o ...more
Danielle
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
While the collection has value as a snapshot of a very particular and very unprecedented moment in American history, I’m not sure that the book really offers much value beyond that. Some illustrations appear to add very little comedic or analytic value to tweets that by themselves already achieve Kafkaeque levels of absurdity. The series of illustrations accompanying Trump’s various Mexico-wall-related tweets, for example, simply depicts Trump progressively building a wall around himself. But wh ...more
Sooraya Evans
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Although somewhat repetitive, most of the tweets featured were hilarious by themselves.
So I don't see the point of 'cartooning' it with irrelevant doodles that add nothing.
Not to mention, a significant portion of the illustration is the twitter feed itself.
Might as well take the original screenshots from twitter.
Sarrah
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor, non-fiction
I was really hoping to have fun with this book--and some of the cartoon tie-ins were, indeed, funny; however, given the wealth of source material this was extremely unoriginal and more than a little repetitive (sad, given the short length).
Mike Neal
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the way the author adds illustrations to each text. It makes it hilarious and to think these were actual text ....
Claire
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much more sobering than humorous, which I didn't expect.
Ariel
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought the illustrations fit nicely to the tweets, and there was a nice smattering of tweets from throughout Trump's career, but honestly, I got too disgusted reading the tweets to finish the book.
So Great book, shitty tweeter.
vostendrasamigos yotengolibros
I love this book and I was very excited to get the opportunity to read it, I think that Wheeler get it very right in his illustrations, It was a little difficult to read for me because I'm not from north america so getting the background of the tweet give me a lot to google, but I think that it's important to remember and I think it's a pretty good resume of the things you have to know about Tr**p.
And I don't think that a book for having cartoons have to be funny, this book is criticism and it's
Milijana
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Only sporadically funny, utterly unoriginal and very poor in content.
Amy Gideon
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: politics, nonfiction
It's surreal that these tweets are written by a political figure. It reads like something a bored 13 year old would write to troll people on the internet. The illustrations bring out the hilarity and hypocrisy in many of his posts. It's not a life changing read, but it's entertaining, as long as you don't think too hard about the fact that this is literally the President of the United States tweeting (or in many instances it was the future President tweeting).
Julie Suzanne
This makes a good gift for Liberals who don't read a lot of books and therefore don't want to read a whole synthesized expository text regarding our president's embarrassing tweets. My husband was proud to have finally read "a whole book" because this was such a short read. I mean, it's just a bunch of tweets by our president. You would throw up if not for the funny illustrations that accompany the tweets, which force you to chuckle. It's really unsettling stuff, and it'd be actually funny to re ...more
Tosh
Jan 24, 2018 added it
This isn't really a book I can rate. It is what it is...a book of Trump's tweets, with drawings to provide an impression of his statements. If you've read his tweets then this book will come as no surprise.
Yannick
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would say, if it was a fictional narrator, it is so funny however, when we know that it is come from the President of United States, it is scary and you still don’t understand how people voted for this guy
Petr
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, fun
The book delivers on what it promises - a bunch of tweets from the president. If you want to see the highlights of his tweeting history, a nice summary. The illustrations that accompany it are not aggressive and the comedic effect is delivered in a bigger extent by the stupidity or ridicule of the tweets themselves, sometimes achieved by the proper juxtaposition of the president's tweets from before he was president. I would maybe just choose a little different group of tweets.

"Am I morally obli
Matt Graupman
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
So how do you make fun of a man who’s already a joke? In the case of National-Embarrassment-In-Chief Donald Trump, Too Much Coffee Man creator and “New Yorker” cartoonist Shannon Wheeler lets Trump’s ubiquitous tweets speak for themselves. In “Sh*t My President Says,” Wheeler’s doodles accompany a carefully curated selection of the Orange Blob’s Twitterrhea that demonstrate how petty, insecure, and ignorant a man he is. The cartoons are amusing, as you’d expect from Shannon Wheeler, but I guess ...more
Stacie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This slim tome is a good coffee table book or gift book. This book is worth checking out simply to read the introduction. As someone who is not on twitter, it's interesting to see how many nonsensical and hypocritical things trump has tweeted. I dare any trump supporter to read this book with an open mind.
Tal Gur-Arye
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
In all honesty, I'm adding this short item today only for the small chance I would somehow accomplish my reading challenge.
The book is an entertaining collection of tweets that should make anyone cry out of terror, knowing that they were written by the so-called leader of the free world and not an angsty ten years' old.
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Page Count 3 16 Oct 12, 2017 07:18AM
  • The Responsibility of Intellectuals
  • A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State
  • Reasons My Kid Is Crying
  • Trump Is F*cking Crazy: (this Is Not a Joke)
  • Lush: A Memoir
  • 7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For
  • The Unwanted: Stories of the Syrian Refugees
  • P.S. I Hate it Here: Kids' Letters from Camp
  • Bad Bridesmaid: Bachelorette Brawls and Taffeta Tantrums--Tales from the Front Lines
  • The End of My Addiction
  • STFU, Parents: The Jaw-Dropping, Self-Indulgent, and Occasionally Rage-Inducing World of Parent  Overshare
  • Duran Duran, Imelda Marcos, and Me
  • Red-Blooded American Male: Photographs
  • Pretending You Care: The Retail Employee Handbook
  • Other People's Rejection Letters: Relationship Enders, Career Killers, and 150 Other Letters You'll Be Glad You Didn't Receive
  • What Caesar Did for My Salad: The Curious Stories Behind Our Favorite Foods