Start by marking “Keeper of Crows (Keeper of Crows #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeper of Crows (Keeper of Crows #1)

Keeper of Crows

(Keeper of Crows #1)

Carmen Kennedy is a spoiled brat from Beverly Hills with a chip on her shoulder and a cocaine addiction to match. Using drugs to suppress reality, her life is more than she can stomach most days. All she wants is to disappear, and on one fateful night, her wish is granted.

There is a world that exists just beyond the fabric of our own. When Carmen is dragged there against
Published March 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of Crows

Olivia Wildenstein
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark and beautiful, with extraordinary world building.
AK Mama Reads
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book chewed me up and spit me out. Then made me question MY reality. What at first seems like any other paranormal romance quickly becomes something more. Something darker. More confusing. More mysterious. And definitely more thrilling.
I will admit that I am a big fan of Casey Bond/CL Bond/Casey L Bond whichever iteration, I love how snarky her heroines tend to be, and the fact that they don't just go along with whatever is being told/done to them. I think that really played a big part in
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Mar 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
The main character Carmen is the daughter of a prominent politician. Her mother comitted suicide because of her husbands cruel behavior towards her. Carmen seeks solace in drugs and sex until it all goes wrong and shes admitted to a psych ward.

Not long after she has an accident/overdose? and has an out of body experience that brings her into purgatory where she meets the Keeper of Crows,a Guardian of sorts for stray souls caught inbetween.

Addiction might add some kind of pathos but added to the
Alisha Frias
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.”

It was kind of hard to get into at the beginning. The main character is at the therapist the whole first three chapters. It got more interesting at the last half of the book. I feel like that’s when it picked up.

I did however like the characters and the world the author created. Keeper of Crows sounds like a reaper book but it’s not really. I liked the main character Carmen. She’s so snarky and smart. I look forward to see what the author doe
Rachel Beamin'
This book is under the Young Adult genre….
Hmmm….
Maybe that should be reevaluated.
An MC who is snorting coke up her nose in a nasty club bathroom and giving head to a psych nurse for some cigs seems young adult-ish. But I draw the line at using the word asshole.
Katlin Musial
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half was really good and it brought an interesting aspect I haven't seen before. The last half seemed rushed and all the action scenes were over immediately. I felt like it could have been described better and transitioned better from one point to the other.

Overall though the storyline was interesting and I'd get book 2 if it was 1.99 or less but it's closer to $4 and I just don't think it's worth it.
Linda
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Casey Bond is well known for her young adult series, Frenzy. Keeper of Crows is nothing like the Frenzy series, so don't even attempt to compare them. I was fortunate enough to read this book as an ARC. I had no idea what this book was about when I began reading. Thinking "typical YA book". Rich girl, Carmen, with her daddy issues. Well, I was way wrong! It twists and get your mind blown away. Then it twists again and left with your jaw dropping , begging to read more and unable to put the book ...more
Bianca78
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Carmen Kennedy is a sour, vacuous young woman flirting with death and danger. The daughter of a successful businessman turned politician, Carmen is a typical ‘sad little rich girl.’ She feels unwanted and unloved and, as such, becomes most unlovable. When Carmen’s reckless behaviour lands her in intensive care, she is sucked into purgatory and forced to fight for her very tenuous existence in the ‘real’ world and beyon
Erin
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin about how wonderful and original this book is! I honestly began the book (likely by the author's design) thinking that this book was going to be about a spoiled rich girl that continues to make a series of mistakes, and no matter what magical occurrences keep happening to her, she will be continue to make selfish decisions that end up getting everyone else around her in serious danger. It did start out that way, but it certainly didn't last long. And when she did ...more
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
Sorry to the authors who currently hold my top 5 for favorite UF/PNR, one of you has to go because there's a new girl in town!!! Casey Bond is kicking one of you out!!!

This is my first book by Miss Bond and I still on a high from her writings. The best part though???Its not over....there's a second book!!!! ***squeal***

What I loved about Keeper of Crows:

Absolutely Everything!!!! But to be more specific....
- Carmen. I connected with her right from the beginning. I knew that she was going to be a
Sarah Kessler
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cassandra Giovanni
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: authors-i-know
Overall: 3.5 stars

First, I love the cover of this book and the paperback formatting is gorgeous! The premise of the book is interesting, involving arch angels, the anti-Christ and the devil himself. The writing was also great, with a good balance of show and tell. I did have some issues, mainly with the main character and her relationship with Micheal. The main issue was with how sexual and physical she was. It made it hard to believe that she actually cared for Micheal, and she felt more like a
John
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I guess a 2.5 for this one.

It was a free download from Amazon, it was included in the horror section, but Goodreads labeled it far more accurately.

All in all, a tired tale of angels and the devil yada yada. At points I thought I was reading one of those trashy romance things, or 50 shades of whatever which I can proudly say I have never read.

For the first little bit I thought the main character was male and then realized they were meant to be female That took some time to materialize. Kind of l
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
When I found out Casey was writing a paranormal I was beyond thrilled!! After her huge success with the Frenzy series I knew this would be just as great...l definitely wasn't disappointed!!

Carmen is a spoiled rich girl who thinks she can do whatever she wants without any consequences. She's got an addiction that gets her in some major trouble.

My father was the antichrist for sending me to this place.

After ending up in the hospital things start to majorly change for Carmen. She ends up in a place
Emily Goodman
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Casey Bond stays true to her craft with Keeper of the Crows by providing readers a new outlook on what some might deem paranormal romance. She brought the unexpected with Carmen and Keeper’s journey through the bowels of Purgatory giving the reader a glimpse of the place between Heaven and Hell. In my opinion, Keeper of the Crows borders more on theological fiction with souls, archangels, and the devil himself.

While Keeper of the Crows won’t be my top pick as a favorite novel of Bond’s, I still
Fleur
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I just loved Carmen and The Keeper they are such great and complex characters. Carmen is sassy, speaks her mind and is also lost to who she really is, while The Keeper is doing the job he was given without question even though others that meet him in his world tell him what he is doing isn't worth it. Carmen's arrival not only surprises The Keeper as she doesn't react like others he whispers to but also now he is stuck with her and her mouth/mind questioning everything. They way the story unfold ...more
Brenda  Kness
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has taken my on a journey and I loved every minute of it. This is such a different take on an old favorite, Cinderella.
What do we get in this book?
Well a young romance blooming, mystery, suspense, and it is all so intriguing. I absolutely loved Ella and Asher. They are just so darn sweet together, and those notes.. sigh..
By the end of this book I am left craving more. I can sit and just imagine more story's that could spin off this book.
This book is worth picking up and giving a shot.
Wendy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeper of Crows was about far more than just good vs. evil; more than a bad-girl-seeks-hot-guy paranormal romance; It was also a suspenseful, mind-tweaking thriller dealing with the complexities of the unknown and the impossible. It drew me in and made me think, while completely entertaining me at the same time... I am so glad there is more of this story to come! I will be getting my hands on book two in this duology just as soon as it's available! I will also be recommending this book to my boo ...more
Kylie Allen
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't even...

This story is so different from what I thought it would be. I'm so enthralled with these characters and the battles they've had to fight. This book is so much more. There is paranormal mixed with religion. There is also a backdrop of abuse and self depreciation. With the added bonus of love. Thank you Casey!!
Stacey
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off I have to say this book is so well written you won't put it down .

Carmen is a spoilt rich kid with all the problems that go along with this .
Except everything isn't what it seems .
This a a great weird and wonderful read , it's twisted powerful and sexy as hell .
Hell there's a word .
You will find yourself shouting at the book .
The keeper of the crows , mmmm he's a hot as hell .but twice as nice .

You will meet , gab and Micheal .
And a few not so nice characters

Enjoy
The only bad thing w
Dani Cox
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

It was new and different I loved the main character, she was more relatable than books I have read recently. I can't wait for more!!!
Bookish Addict
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am so amazed how well written and intricate the story is. It's so elaborate and emersive. I'd have to say this is the best book I've read so far this year.
Melinda
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok

Ok start to an ongoing series. Told only in Carmens POV. Very interesting world the author has created. Ended on a cliffhanger ending felt off.
Melody
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic new book by Casey Bond. I loved it.
Michele Thompson
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is an amazing book. I love how the story flows. The characters are amazing, my favorite is Carmen and Michael. If you fallen angels, devil and things called lessons, you will love this.
Kimberly
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for an honest review!

I didn't even read the blurb for this book! But I LOVE everything Casey has written so far that I knew I didn't need too! I couldn't put this book down it was so good! The last few chapters I was like what is going on! It was very well written and the story line keeps you so intrigued and trying to guess what happens the ENTIRE time!! I hope I don't have to wait too long for the 2nd book but it will definitely be worth the wait!
Cindy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well she did it again! Casey wrote another amazing, unforgettable book. I absolutely loved it! I did not want it to end. Great story line. Angels, Devil, humans and souls - oh my! Looking so forward to the next one.
Courtney Moctezuma
I had a really hard time putting this book down. It was so good! I loved the spin on Purgatory and all the little creepy detail were brilliant! The imagery was spot on. I felt like I was there with them. What a great read. I can't wait for book two!!!
Stacey
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I have to say this book is so well written you won't put it down .

Carmen is a spoilt rich kid with all the problems that go along with this .
Except everything isn't what it seems .
Hell there's a word .
You will find yourself shouting at the book .
The keeper of the crows , mmmm he's a hot as hell .but twice as nice .

You will meet , gab and Micheal .
And a few not so nice characters

Enjoy
The only bad thing w
Stephanie Colman
One of the most beautifully inspiring books I have read in quite some time. Humans, devils, archangels, and more combine to weave this compelling story. A story of love, sacrifice, strength, and so very much more.
Award-winning author Casey L. Bond resides in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She loves letting the figments of her imagination spill onto the blank page.

You can find more information about Bond’s books via the following links:
Website: www.authorcaseybond.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorcaseybond
Twitter & Instagram: @authorcaseybond

Available Boo

Keeper of Crows (2 books)
  • Keeper of Souls