Start by marking “Now I Remember I Love You” as Want to Read:
Now I Remember I Love You

Now I Remember I Love You

Evie Landry is slipping, and she knows it. She has trouble remembering the names of her children, and even of her loving husband, Nick. Nothing in the house seems to be in the right place. Sometimes, at night, she wakes up terrified of Nick and runs away, but the neighbors always call him and he takes her back to the place she no longer believes is her home.

When their doct
Paperback
Published March 7th 2017 by AltaPress

To ask other readers questions about Now I Remember I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now I Remember I Love You

Bonnie Schroeder
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nick and Evie have been married for decades, and their marriage has survived many bumps in the road, but when Evie’s memory starts to fade, their future together is put in jeopardy—leading Nick to come up with a drastic solution if they are to remain together. The characters are lovingly depicted and the author does some skillful time-traveling to provide their backstories. The shifts are clearly delineated so the reader stays oriented as Nick’s and, especially, Evie’s lives are fleshed out. Lov ...more
Janice
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a sensitively written book about a difficult subject. As another reviewer mentioned, the author makes extensive and skillful use of flashbacks. Even as she shows us Nick and Evie’s (rather precarious) present situation, she’s also telling us the stories of their lives in a measured, beautifully paced way. This sort of time-shifting can be effective if it’s done well and jarring if it’s not. It’s done extremely well here, and adds rich layers to the novel.
Suzie Choi
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heartfelt, sincere book that takes readers on a journey of heartache, love and hope. It's an emotional, empathetic, smart, and often hilarious story told by a master storyteller. Aird takes her time courting the reader with her thoughtful character development.
A sheer delight to read! The one problem I found with it... It comes to an end!
Petrea Burchard
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's not often that I read about an elderly couple facing Alzheimer's disease, yet I really liked this book. It's not stuffy or sad, just...tender. The story shows the couple in their youth and in the present, and you get to know the way they used to be as well as the way they've become. Quite a journey.
Michael Choi
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A touching story about a couple's efforts to outrun the inevitable. Beautifully-written with an interesting narrative that intersperses and contrasts the various stages of life.
Isabelle
Rebeca Esquivel
Sep 30, 2018
Natalie Black
Oct 10, 2018
Authors & Reviewers: novel about Alzheimer's love story 1 3 Jul 04, 2017 11:42AM
I spent most of the first part of my life moving around, from my childhood in Montreal, Canada and the US, to a year in Europe, where I hitchhiked, worked and lived from Paris to a tiny island in Spain, and to Israel, where I volunteered on a dusty kibbutz. I lived in Vancouver for a year and then took a train to the East coast. I did stints at three universities, worked in cafeterias and fast foo ...more