Start by marking “Stuck With You” as Want to Read:
Stuck With You

Stuck With You

One lift. Two strangers. Anything could happen!

Elena thought that today would be just like any other day…until the supermarket lift jams and she realises she’s stuck.

And not just stuck in the lift. Stuck with her childhood crush, Daniel Moore, who unfortunately seems to be just as gorgeous as she remembered…

Fans of Debbie Johnson, Holly Martin and Christie Barlow will l

Published April 10th 2017 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Stuck With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuck With You

Dash fan
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆+  Left me wanting more!

Wow what a book!
Who would of thought being stuck in a lift with your college crush could lead you on a journey of lust, friendship, romance and a start of new beginnings.

Elena is stuck in a loveless relationship. She comes home only for him to say he's leaving her. He has been having an affair!
She accepts it, moves her things out and goes home to her parents. She has one thing on her mind...Daniel!!

When Elena and Daniel get stuck in that lift together... was it a coin
Jessica
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stuck with You is a really lovely light hearted romance.

I loved the story behind this and how fate brought two people that were clearly destined to be together back together again so they could finally get their chance at love.
Azrah
Oct 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 40%
I'm not gonna lie. This was bad.
Sophie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved this book! It was sweet, heartwarming and full of hope. The characters are the most lovable ever, and I couldn't help but really root for Elena and Daniel, who are such a sweet pair together. They dynamics and chemistry was spot on and translated really well on the pages. I really needed that type of pick-me-up today, and it was perfect for me.
ItaPixie
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars

Stuck With You was a low on drama and full of romance kind of read and a very enjoyable one too.

I really liked that the main characters have their second chance to fall in love thanks to the fate and an unreliable lift.

I've read Carla Burgess words effortlessly,swooning from page to page...I have to go back and read her debut novel as soon as possible.

Molly
Dec 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Boring

I don't usually give harsh reviews but I'm honest, it's got such high ratings but I'm baffled as to why.
There's no actual story line, characters aren't detailed much, it's all very predictable and a little bit pointless.
Sherry
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me, Stuck With You, by Carla Burgess, was an absolute delight. Admittedly I'm a sucker for second chance romances. Elena gets stuck in an elevator with her high school/college crush. It’s been 7 years since he unexpectedly kissed her at the prom, and promptly disappeared. Elena’s fresh out of a dead relationship and being cheated on, so she and Daniel get to know one another, in some ways for the first time. Truth be told, things weren’t exactly as they seemed 7 years earlier.

There were so m
Quirky Omega
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of light and fluffy chick lits.
It is one of those overlooked gems. This one is so worth a read. It doesn't have an overdose of angst and is sort of like the most fresh tasting cotton candy. Does that make sense? You would have to read it to find out.
Paula Bothwell
Stuck With You - R
Violence: fisticuffs
Language: fewer than 65 including deity and 10+ Fbombs
Sex: the h's body is constantly tight with desire, poor thing. Descriptive kissing, then sex, some more descriptive bits than others. Easily skipped.

This must be a part one or something because while there is a happily for now, there's a huge cliffhanger for the friend. It seemed rushed like the word count had been met. Unsatisfying. Returned for content.
Pol
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. lovely, romantic. Could not put it down till finished it. Worth reading
Saretta
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Recensione
Review

Elena ha un fidanzato con cui ormai ha ben poco in comune - e che sta facendo ben altri progetti con un'altra donna - e non è soddisfatta della sua vita. Un ascensore guasto cambierà tutto: Elena si troverà intrappolata proprio con il ragazzo di cui era disperatamente innamorata al liceo, e tutto fa pensare che lui sia interessato a lei.

Stuck with you è un romanzo romantico di quelli scontati, che però poteva essere confezionato meglio: vada per lo scontato - non mi aspetto gra
Rachel Gilbey
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Charming romance that starts off in a rather unusual way. I can't think of many other books that has the leads stuck together in a supermarket lift right at the start. For the entirety of the time the lift was stuck, I felt energised and eager to know how it would turn out, and it gave great insights into both Elena and Daniel's personalities.

It turns out they used to go to college together and Elena had a massive crush on him back then, and had even been dreaming about him as an adult, despite
Awen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
I got to say, the only thing about this book that I’m not a fan of is the lack of emotional roller coaster. This story had me waiting for the climax but it never came, it was more of a horizontal roller coaster ride where there are absolutely no ups and downs. That was a bummer.

I had an amazing time reading this book. It is an incredibly cute story that is very relatable—at least the massive crush part is very relatable to me, LOL. It will definitely make you remember your high school crush. And
eileen fothergill
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lost interest

I enjoyed where this book was going but it seemed like nothing happened. The story revolves around life after a relationship breaks down ,the lady in question land's spectacularly on Herr feet where the highschool love of her life suddenly reappears. Basically they get together despite her jealous? friends opinion ....life continues he proposes but then what ..does she get Herr happy ever after ..where does she end up ..what happens to her friendship with her best friend ..Just felt
L C
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure I was going to like this, it started off with the protagonist waking up from a dream ... can be okay, but can be disappointing. Anyway, I read the author's previous book Marry Me Tomorrow and really liked it, so I stuck with it (no pun intended). Glad I did. It's lovely. It gave me tingles and reminded me of my youth when I fell in love with a boy I used to see every day at the bus stop. Ah, those were the days. :)

I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
Gienelle
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It started off slow, then adorably cute and then boring. It was a good read tbh, I felt the connection between the two but it ended with a lot of open loops - I wanna see Alex getting his own medicine because ghad he doesn't deserve Elena. atleast punch him in the nose. Second, Elena's bestfriend is so mysterious. I mean yeah the focus is Elena and Daniel but come on, you put other characthers on purpose so atleast give it a justice.
Actual Rating: 4.0
ReadingInThe6ix
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book! It was a little bit stilted in how it was written, but I found it charming. Elena and Daniel had great chemistry, the dialogue was wonderful, and this was definitely romantic. I seriously swooned a few times and smiled the whole way through. Loved it!
Elizabeth
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Cute, light hearted, cliche and heartwarmingly adorable.

There were a few plot holes I wished would have been filled in an epiloque chapter. However, for a no-brainer heartfilling fluff swooning read, it was perfect.
Ruth Street
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book but felt that the ending was a bit rushed, I though it could do with one more chapter to answer a couple of questions- What is Rachel's boyfriend like? Who did Alex move in with? Did Daniel and Elena get a house together?
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Weak in characterization, and they're only stuck in the lift for one chapter. The whole point of using a trapped together trope as the premise is for the couple to be trapped together for most of the book. Looking at you too, Kasie West.
Penny
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, lol
2.5-3 stars for this one. Not much conflict or plot to this simple romance, but it did have a few very funny, laugh out loud moments.
Jenny
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Wholeheartedly recommend it ❤
Jack Bates
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another sweet and funny book from Carla Burgess. Elena is a charming protagonist and the reader is rooting for things to work out for her.
Sc
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
A cutesy romantic book however, it was entirely too predictable. Not even a smidgen of intrigue. Nada. Flatliner on the climax. Cute only for a read by the pool as you fall asleep under the sun.
Andrea
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It seemed to me that everything happened really fast. I was waiting for something huge to happen and it never did. It was an okay book because it's entertaining and light, but it wasn't amazing.
Ariana
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5
May
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Ending a bit abrupt for me.
Julie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and a little quirky. I personally don't believe in instant love, but I enjoyed reading this. I would prefer to have not had the detailed sex seen.
Zoe Hartgen
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A witty feel good read. Made a refreshing change that it was all good things happening in the book... Well, Except for an incident with a mic stand. A fantastic, intense romance between Elena and Daniel. I didn't particularly like a couple of characters but Elena and Daniel more than made up for it. Excellent writing, looking forward to the authors next book!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Curvy, Crazy, and Confused (Plush Daisies, #2)
  • Wayward One (Waywroth Academy #1)
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 6 (Wake Up Married #1-6)
  • Holiday Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 1, #5)
  • Written in my Heart
  • Red Sole Clues
  • The Perfect Holiday
  • Mr. Right Goes Wrong
  • Kiss Me
  • Out of This World (Out of this World, #1)
  • Caught on Camera with the CEO
  • Mystic Mistletoe Murder (Mystic Isle Mysteries Book 2)
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • Deck the Halls with Fudge (Candy-Coated, #5.5)
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)
  • Twitter Girl
  • The Unexpected Gift (Sisters and Brides #3)
  • The One She Was Warned About