Start by marking “City of Stone and Silence (The Wells of Sorcery, #2)” as Want to Read:
City of Stone and Silence (The Wells of Sorcery, #2)

City of Stone and Silence

(The Wells of Sorcery #2)

Django Wexler's City of Stone and Silence is the second book in the cinematic fantasy Wells of Sorcery Trilogy featuring a fierce young woman skilled in the art of combat magic on an epic mission to steal a ghost ship...
Published January 7th 2020 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about City of Stone and Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Stone and Silence

Start your review of City of Stone and Silence (The Wells of Sorcery, #2)
Django Wexler
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope you all are having as much fun with this series as I did. Thanks for reading!
Adah Udechukwu
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
City of Stone and Silence was awesome, awesome, awesome. The novel didn't disappoint.
Christina
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wells of Sorcery is the trilogy everybody should be talking about. But the trouble with things published in January is that they’re good for buying with Christmas gift cards, but bad for making it on to best-of lists. Which is a shame, since Ship of Smoke and Steel, the first installment, was a rollicking good time. And now City of Stone and Silence, the second volume, is every bit as thrilling, smart, and badass as the first.

Isoka has made it through the journey aboard the Soliton, but now
Travis
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this story and cast of characters. In City of Stone and Silence we pick up almost exactly right where Ship of Smoke and Steel ended. Isoka and the rest of the crew took control of Soliton, (the Ship) and find themselves at the port of Harbor (the City). However also in this story we get the perspective of Tori who is Isoka's sister and her journey through Kahnzoka trying to maneuver the starting revolution and wondering where her sister has gone.

The one thing that makes this
Maddy
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need this ASAP. ...more
Gritnay
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A worthy sequel. Getting both Isoka’s and Tori’s POV in this book was an excellent development. The world building is so intriguing, learning about the wells and the ancients who build inexplainable things like giant boats or stone cities..
And even though the first book already had its share of dark moments, this one certainly went a whole lot darker at times!
Great second book and really looking forward to the next one!
Nrere
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
She already apologized for killing him. XD
jonathan finn
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Superior sequel

This is book 2 of the wells of Sorcery, A young adult series set in a fantasy world with a kind of Middle Eastern style.

In Book one Isoka a teenage crime boss who was also a holder of one of the nine wells, magicial abilities divided into different disciplines depending on the well, which made her property of the empire unregistered she found herself taken hostage by the empires head of the secret police and sent on a secret mission to infiltrate the Solition a ghost ship of
Rob
Executive Summary: I enjoyed this, but not as much as the first one, and not nearly as much

Audiobook: YA books seem to love to do multiple narrators. I've found it a bit of a mixed bag. As both protagonists are female, I didn't really find it necessary to have distinct narrators for each POV. However both narrators were fine.

Catherine Ho returns as Isoka, while Nancy Wu was added to read Torrie's chapters. Both read at a good pace and we recorded at a good volume. While the narration doesn't
Awkward.Book.Girl (Stephanie)
First off, I binge-read this book. And considering I did the same to the first book, I don't remember as much as I thought. However, this book relays information well, and it wasn't difficult catching up. And it picks up immediately where we left off.

City of Stone and Silence goes from Isoka to Tori's POV, and I found this pacing was done fairly well with highs and lows. It was interesting seeing Tori grow and change as a character and coming into her own now that Isoka is missing.

It was a good
Beth
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So...the downside to reading an arc is that - when it's a *good* arc - you have to wait THAT MUCH LONGER FOR THE NEXT ONE. And such is the case here. The book is out now, but that doesn't help a whole lot!

A great continuation of the first book, but with the added element of switching chapters between Isoka and her sister Tori, back at home and living a life of luxury (or so Isoka believes). The interesting thing about the switching viewpoints is that Tori tells us more about Isoka, which gives
Dtesvbos
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has something for every fiction and fantasy reader. We broaden the story from Isoka's POV to include Tori's. Sometimes when this happens we loose sight of the original MC, not here. We get two rebellions in one. Isoka upends the island and Tori tears through the city. The cast of secondary characters are amazing and help the two MCs grow and aid them in making independent decisions about what's in their best interests based on the goals of the groups they've come to lead. We get a ...more
Shia
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having survived the Vile Rot onboard the Soliton, Isoka now finds herself leader of the remaining crew as they make port at an unknown city. Though not as action packed as book 1, the introduction of Tori’s POV and her own fight back in Kahnzoka makes up for it. We also meet a new villain who’s also an Eddica adept and makes for a tough adversary.

I didn’t quite enjoy this as book 1 because it took away the monsters and cinematic worthy sequences and traded it for dialogue that was slow and hard
Cristina
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love this series. It has the deep world building of Wexler's Shadow Campaigns series, but is much more accessible and faster paced. This one was half Tori's POV, which made it a little more disjointed than the first, but her character and storyline were very well done, and I'm hoping it's all set up for a spectacular book 3.
Polly
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this addition. Very original storyline
Andrew Myers
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I recall really enjoying the first book. But this is not good. Horrible dialogue.
Kathleen
Dec 31, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019, arc-galley
Queer content: continuation of f/f relationship from Ship of Smoke and Steel, other background queer relationships
Kamille
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Really good, definitely worthy sequel for the first! Most second books lose traction, but this was definitely an exception.
Bookfly
Jan 15, 2020
Andrew
Jan 07, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Locust Job (Daniel Faust, #9)
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Salt to the Sea
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • Behind the Throne (The Indranan War #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • All Quiet on the Western Front
  • We Rule the Night
  • How to Make Friends with the Dark
  • Lovely, Dark, and Deep
  • Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful
  • The Impossible Knife of Memory
  • The Last Life of Prince Alastor (Prosper Redding, #2)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Hot Dog Girl
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • The Light of All That Falls (The Licanius Trilogy, #3)
Django Wexler graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh with degrees in creative writing and computer science, and worked for the university in artificial intelligence research. Eventually he migrated to Microsoft in Seattle, where he now lives with two cats and a teetering mountain of books. When not planning Shadow Campaigns, he wrangles computers, paints tiny soldiers, and plays ...more

The Wells of Sorcery (3 books)
  • Ship of Smoke and Steel (The Wells of Sorcery, #1)
  • Untitled (The Wells of Sorcery #3)