Start by marking “Happy Halloween, Stinky Face” as Want to Read:
Happy Halloween, Stinky Face

Happy Halloween, Stinky Face

(Stinky Face)

Everyone's favorite inquisitive little boy is back in this fourth book in the Stinky Face series!

"Mama, what if Mrs. Petry doesn't know it's really just me at her door? What if she gets so surprised from my super-scary costume that she throws her candy bowl up and it lands on her head and candy spills all over?"

It's almost time to go trick-or-treating, but first Stinky Fac
Published August 1st 2007 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Happy Halloween, Stinky Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Halloween, Stinky Face

Mariah Roze
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was only ok. It was definitely to low for my students, a little babyish. Also, my students thought it was weird that the mother was calling her child a "name."
Heidi
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, picture
I've avoided these "Stinky Face" books b/c I thought, "Who would call their child a horrible name like that?" But, a half price halloween book deal had me reading this one in the store and it was pretty cute. The little boy has quite the imagination and asks his mom all kinds of funny questions. The kids love it too.
Wordsmith J
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I feel like people don't always understand the "Stinky Face" moniker in these books if they just pick up later books in the series, versus start with the first book, "I Love You, Stinky Face."

In that first book, the child asks the mom repeatedly if she would still love him even if he was a [insert laundry list of frightening or otherwise odious creatures that he is sure would render him unappealing]. She counters every query with a creative response about how no questionable traits could damage
Steph
This book is interesting to read to ISD students during the month of October. It solidifies just how odd a holiday Halloween is. People outside of America predominantly don't do anything for this holiday. No costumes, no idea what a pumpkin is, no brooms, cobwebs, or spiders, no haunted houses, no parades... just a bunch of kids who think it's weird to get dressed up for no reason.

As soon as they learned candy was involved, then all of a sudden Halloween became a really good idea.
Reading to the
Meg McGregor
I enjoyed Ms. McCourt's "I Love You, Stinky Face!" so when I saw this at the library, I checked it out to read to the girls.

It is Halloween night; his Mother and he are preparing to go trick-or-treating... but of course, the Boy has questions!

My favorite question was: "But what if Lily Kate, who is a black cat, gets her long tail stuck in the door at one of the houses?"\

His Mother has the patience of a saint!

But, as my Lexi, said, that boy is going to get an ulcer, if he doesn't stop worrying so
Sylvia
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure what to make of the mother calling her child Stinky Face, so I will review the story *pretending* that’s not the case.
Sarah Sammis
Nov 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc
Sean likes Halloween themed books. He has about a dozen of them. He also adores I Love You, Stinky Face, a favorite book to borrow from his school. So when I saw Happy Halloween Stinky Face for sale, I had to get a copy for him.

Stinky Face is getting ready for Halloween and his (or her, it's never made clear) mother has to field a long string of trick-or-treat related questions. As with the first book, Mama always manages a kind and creative answer to Stinky Face's questions. I often wish I coul
Dolly
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2012, childrens, halloween
One of our girls' favorite books ever when they were little was Good Night Princess Pruney Toes. We have also read I Love You, Stinky Face, but I didn't notice that there were more books featuring Stinky Face. We found this book at our local library and thought it would be a fun read.

This is a sweet, reassuring tale that shows a mother calming her child's fears about Halloween. The narrative is fun to read aloud and the illustrations are comical and cartoonish. We enjoyed reading this book toge
Slayermel
Oct 14, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with young children getting ready to go out trick or treating :0)
Stinky Face is getting ready to go out Trick or Treating on Halloween, and has a lot of questions for Mother. Mother takes the time to reassure the child by answering questions such as "What if Reese's butterfly costume turns her into a real butterfly?", "What if Brian in his lion Costume runs so fast that we can't keep up?" etc...

What I liked about the story is the questions the child asks seem real and you can picture a child asking and thinking about these things.
I do still prefer "I love yo
Jenn Doyle
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, halloween
Reading this book to my then seven-year old daughter was like having a conversation with said child. I couldn't help laughing at the incredible questions the little boy in the book asked because they sounded so very much like something my daughter would ask. The mother in the book handles it all in a very calm and humorous manner (something that I manage sometimes, but definitely not ALL the time.) The illustrations were very colorful and imaginative - it was definitely a great treat!
babyhippoface
In this fifth Stinky Face book the little boy worries about all sorts of terrible things that could happen when he goes out trick-or-treating, but his patient mother lovingly reassures him that everything will be fine. Lively watercolors fill the pages with orange and other autumn colors. Children will giggle at some of the things Stinky Face worries about but they will cherish the calm and loving manner in which Mama deals with his anxieties.
Emily Garrison
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute little board book that has very cute pictures. It tells the story of a small child who is preparing for Halloween and who has many questions about the night of trick-or-treating. He is under the impression that when a child dons an outfit, he/she becomes the thing their costume is portraying. The child also has many questions about the treats he may receive that night. It's a darling story!
Nancy Mosqueda
This colorful and artfully presented book is very appealing to young readers. The strong imagination of the young boy, whom believes that all his friends will turn into their costumes is a very cute image. The words are not simply put on a page, they are placed there. Some of the words are little monsters. Every inch of each has a new detail that can be found each time you go back to it. There is a mystery at each corner.
Karen
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I am the mother of a very imaginative little boy, and I did not like this book. And, more importantly, my very imaginative little boy did not like this book; he kept saying, "That's silly!" Silly sometimes can be very good, especially if it is strong in humor, this silly was just plain silly.
Kirstin Kemppainen
The little boy in this book is very inquisitive. He asks his mother about EVERYTHING! The mother always ensures her little worrying son that everything is going to be okay. Very touching book about a mother and son. I could use this during Halloween time.
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Really liked the illustrations, didn't enjoy the story that much.
Henry&Lily
Oct 22, 2008 rated it liked it
I can't get past the title.
Ame
I wonder if Stinky Face is going to need anxiety medication someday. He worries SO much!
K
Oct 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Too bad the strong emphasis on candy.
Ambulur
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
:-)
Kimberly
The story was really very cute. I liked it more than I thought I would. The kids love Halloween, so this book was a big hit with them.
Christine Echo
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My 5 yo daughter and I really enjoyed this one - a cute story with great illustrations.
Beckie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our family is a big fan of the Stinky Face series. The illustrations of these books are some of my favorites and the Halloween version didn't disappoint either.
Laura (Madsen) McLain
For kids who are always asking, "What if...?"
Denise
Sep 17, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Parents will really appreciate this one especially if they have a very inquisitive child. I think this book would work best one-on-one rather than in a storytime setting.
Pghgranola
Sep 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
wish i could have given it ZERO stars. just did not flow well.
Megan

• How Do I Love You
  • The Littlest Pumpkin
  • A Pirate's Guide to First Grade
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • Pinkalicious: Pink or Treat!
  • Happy Halloween, Little Critter! (The New Adventures of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
  • Alice and Greta: A Tale of Two Witches
  • Thanksgiving Mice!
  • Pumpkin Moonshine
  • Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks
  • Dragon's Halloween
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • Farm
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Clifford's Happy Easter

• I Love You, Stinky Face
  • I Miss You, Stinky Face
  • It's Time For School, Stinky Face
  • Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
  • Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?
  • It's The 100th Day, Stinky Face!