Start by marking “Moments of Beauty” as Want to Read:
Moments of Beauty

Moments of Beauty

(Moments #1)

Ugly.
It's the only word to describe my upbringing.

It drove my need to capture every moment of beauty I could find. A glimpse of a mother’s love. A feather floating in the breeze. A ray of sunshine emerging on a rainy day.

And then there was her, Eliza Quinn, she signified everything I didn’t deserve. She showed me more beauty than I ever thought possible. And I took it a
Published March 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Moments of Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moments of Beauty

Colleen
Absolutely fell in love with Hux and Eliza. They meet when they’re finishing high school even though they’ve always been aware of each other. But Hux has always been an outsider, his home life isn’t great and so he holds himself apart from others, capturing moments of Beauty with his camera. Eliza is pretty, popular, and has a crush on Hux. Their time together is brief and intense. Then Hux leaves. 5 years later, he has to go back and meets Eliza again. Does she give him a second chance, can he ...more
Casey
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I am a new fan of J.B. Heller's after reading her book, What If It's Right?. But after I finished Moments of Beauty, she continues to impress me with her beautiful and well thought out books. I was immediately drawn into this story, and it was such an emotional read. I honestly cannot recommend this book or What If It's Right? enough, and I cannot wait to read more from Heller!

Huxley and Eliza come from different worlds. While Huxley has had
Gayle
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melissa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was such a beautiful love story. This is the story of Huxley and Eliza. The two come from completely different financial backgrounds.
Huxley's life is miserable. He is a loner who loves his camera and finding the beauty of the world through his lens. Eliza comes from a wealthy, loving family and is part of the popular crowd at school. But despite these differences they both see and find something in each other that connects them. Unfortunately the pair is separated and it t
Beauties and Their Book  Blog
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOME!!!!

I am a JB fan from before but this book reached out and made you feel. How could you not! The characters are lovable and you want the very best for them the whole way through. This book started with sweet high school love and jumps to years later as their story continues. I was riveted in reading it and it is definitely one you can read in an afternoon if you dive in like me! Excellent ending too ;) Definitely not what I was expecting! And for the ladies wondering if th
R yatsko
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#review

This novel is brilliant and eloquently told...
This is a story, about self discovery, self worth....
....finding it and accepting it from " the beauty " from within..

Many emotions with this story,
yes it may break your heart,
but it also puts back together again..

I couldn't put it down...on edge throughout the book..a need to know what was going to happen...
Without telling you, the plot or outcome....read and enjoy this "beautiful " story !
Marta Nascimento
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book would deserve 3 solid stars if the second half didn't feel so rushed.
Bloggers From Down Under
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

**Received for honest review**

“Taking in the moments of beauty I’ve captured through my lens soothe me as I fall asleep”

As always JB delivers an amazing book packed full of punch straight into it and to the point this is what I love about this author she doesn’t drag a book out for millions of pages her books are a great size and jammed pack full of emotion.

“If I could freeze time and capture this absolutely perfect moment, I would. This right here, is my definition of a moment of beauty.”

Linda Lee
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Huxley is that boy in the playground who sits alone on the sidelines watching everything going on around him. No one includes him in anything and that’s okay because he has his own goals. He’s focused on studying so he can finish school early and working to save enough money to leave. His father is a drunk who blames his son for his unhappiness and behaves like child while Huxley looks after him. The one thing he can count on and that is always by his side is his camera. Looking at moments of be ...more
DJ Sakata
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

I repeat the mantra I’ve been using since he left to remind myself of what I am. You’re stronger than one boy. You are a f*ing dolphin in a sea full of catfish. You’re a catch, damn it!

It’s not that I can’t imagine a future without him, it’s that I don’t want to.

I want to be with you, day in, day out. And I will do whatever I need to in order for that to happen. You’re it… you’re my one and only. You always have been. I’m not going anywhere without you, ever again.

My Review:

Writt
Vicky Salgado Esquivel
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of book that makes you fall in love with reading!
It's super sweet and adorable. I fell in love with Huxley and Eliza since the first moment.
A love story between an outcast bullied by everyone and a popular girl who refuses to turn her back on him. And a lot of photographs!
Words collide in the most perfect way, even if it turns gray for a little while.
I'm so so so happy after I read this story and it makes me want to know a little more after The End.
I can't get over of the love t
Michelle  Brown
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such Beauty...

This book lived up to and even exceeded my high expectations for it.

A beautifully told story that grabbed me just by reading the blurb.

Huxley is such a lovable character that you couldn't help but fall in love with from the get go. Ok the cover is pretty awesome and whom I envisioned Huxley to look like. Huxley has so much love to give and by the end of the book you will see it and sigh with happiness.

Eliza was a lovely character as well and I quickly fell for her. Them together wa
Kathy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grabs you from the beginning. The story between Huxley and Eliza is absolutely beautiful. One has had a life full of disappointments and just wants to disappear and be invisible while the other has everything that anyone can ask for. Even though their lives are so different, love has no rhyme or reason. This book takes you through life lessons, family, love and soul mates. It's well written and will bring feelings to the surface when you least expect them. I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader's ...more
Denae Hegefeld
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-ebook
5 Beautiful Stars!!!

This is my first book by this author Andy it won’t be my last! Heller delivers an impeccable second chance romance with all the FEELS! With characters that anyone can relate to, I couldn’t put this book down! I was drawn in to the story from the first page. I can’t wait to read more of this authors work!
K.S. Rochell
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soul-crushing, earth shattering, intense, perfection, this book took my breathe away it was so beautifully written I felt all the emotions the characters were going through My heart will never be the same this book will CRUSH and BREAK you!!!

I am just so SPEECHLESS this book was EVERYTHING, just wow words can't even describe how great this book is get those one click fingers ready!!
Anastasia
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What can I say about this story? I felt so many emotions throughout this book - the love, the heartache, the self hate. It was such a beautiful story and so well told that I considered going without sleep just so I could continue reading!
Gizel Alvarez
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
1st by author

I cried and laughed this was a wonderful book, my only reason for 3 stars was because some lines where repeated and their age wasn't clear so outbreaks off a little other wise it was a great book.
Angala Fox
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This was an awesome book. I loved the characters and their story. This was a sweet story that I would definitely recommend as a must read.
Candi Everett
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written book with beautiful soul wrenching characters that live in such real situations. I enjoyed reading this book like almost nothing else. It will make you laugh, smile, cry and tug at all your heartstrings.
Linda
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

A truly unique and amazing read. I was hooked from the first page. Huxley and Eliza's story was heartrenching, and beautiful all rolled into one wonderful story. I fell in love with Hux and just wanted to reach out and hug him. Beautiful and true to sometimes life.
Kelly
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Just okay

This book was just okay. It had zero drama, angst, or real depth. It had the foundation to be a solid story, but fell completely flat.
Tasha
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE YOURSELF...LOL
VOLUNTARY ARC REVIEW- I loved it all. I hated that it had to end. I want more.
Lornajean(Nutnut1) Ford
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Movingly awesome
Charlene
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hux bout broke my heart. I felt so much for him.
C
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Good short read. Had potential for higher rating if story was longer and more developed. Eliza and Huxley were great together and I would've liked to seen more of their story
Elizabeth Wright
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I still have goosebumps from reading this book. I am a huge fan of Heller's and this is her best ever. The words flow so beautifully, it was pure joy to read. This is an absolute must read.
Aimee
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a beautiful story. Eliza and Hux were an unlikely pair but were so great together. A great story about love, heartbreak, forgiveness and staying true to yourself.
Misty Warner
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author for my honest review.
First let me say look at that cover. So pretty!
The story even better. A second chance love story with a HEA ending. Hux and Eliza are amazing. I just loved Hux. He was a story all on his own. And the love between Hux and Eliza was just beautiful and ever lasting. Great book and can't wait for more from JB Heller.
D.L. Gallie
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow, what a breathtakingly beautiful story
I felt every emotion that Hux and El were experiencing, they story sucked me in from the beginning and has left me feeling all warm and fuzzy now that I'm finished
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
JB Heller has delivered yet another engaging read that really pulled on my heart strings. Her words consumed me and her characters stole my heart.

Huxley, oh how I wanted to scoop him up and wrap my arms around him. Hux saw himself as invisible/insignificant and wanted to remain that way until he graduated and could get away from his current life. Every time he put himself down, repeating the nasty words of someone who is supposed to love him, my heart ached a little more for him.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine author please 2 12 Mar 24, 2017 02:44AM
JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife in her early 30’s with a wicked sexy imagination. JB and her family live in Central Queensland, Australia on a mini farm of sorts, surrounded by animals.

She writes both romantic suspense and contemporary romance with a healthy splash of wit. You'll love her dashingly handsome alpha hero's and their feisty counterparts. Then swoon over her beautifully damage

Moments (2 books)
  • Moments of Clarity (Moments #2)