Start by marking “Tertulia” as Want to Read:
Tertulia

Tertulia

-These poems are love letters to manhattans, meteor showers, and mononucleosis; to friends hundreds of miles apart; to the great love I sleep with. I didn't go get an MFA; I got married instead. All of you, your books, your reviews and criticisms, I read you and learn daily. Some I am even lucky enough to work with at Sibling Rivalry Press. This education is worth more to ...more
Paperback
Published April 28th 2017 by Sibling Rivalry Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tertulia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tertulia

Start your review of Tertulia
Matthew
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, queer
The poem “House Sold” is fucking brilliant. And it is not the only one that felt so good to read.
Brandon Amico
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tender collection of poems that dive into something I don't see many poets today focusing on: the nature of gratitude and appreciation. These short narratives are earnest and vivid, painting a picture of a speaker who has found difficulties in his life before but is still willing to forge onward for what good he can hold on to.
Randi Romo
Oct 13, 2017
Stephanie
Apr 07, 2017
Ron Mohring
It's been said that everyone deserves love, but the hard truth is that many of us can feel we haven't earned it. This is, I think, one of the themes that makes this collection so compelling: how the poems track the small (and large) moments of a self opening into the possibilities of the world. Here is a poet who *sees* what's around him, who takes it--and us--in with a close attention to detail and to language itself:

"I called your mouth a mob and what I meant
was beautiful, bu