Start by marking “The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Chapter Book” as Want to Read:
The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Chapter Book

Read Book* *Different edition

The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Chapter Book

“The metal horned unicorns are doomed!” That’s what Lauda Lead Horn wailed when she first saw the tribe’s new savior. OK, so his horn was not metal. . .and he did not have a magic power. . .and he was really a puny little runt. But doomed? Were things really that bad?

Well, things were pretty bad in the land of MarBryn. Magh, an evil sorcerer utilized unicorn horns and ho
Hardcover
Published March 5th 2017 by Sybrina Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Chapter Book

Start your review of The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Chapter Book
Jessica Robbins
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs... ...more
Andra Weis
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The Blue Unicorn’s Journey to Osm by Sybrina Durant is a charming story filled with wonderful artwork at the beginning of each chapter. I loved many aspects of this story and I can certainly see where the target audience is going to get swept up in its magic.

Classic tale of the hero being the underdog in the beginning. Overcoming obstacles to blossom into the hero they were meant to be. And he got the girl of his dreams in the end :). I am a sucker for happy endings. And let us not forget about
Clare O'Beara
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Every author has her own take on unicorns, and these are brightly coloured horselike beings but with cloven hoofs (that means they are not horses, although they could have evolved from a common ancestor) and with a single horn, made of a metal. The book has a format of two pages of text followed by a two-page illustration of the scene, so any age can enjoy the story.

This is actually an 'ugly duckling' fable and I must admit to being disappointed when the blue unicorn with no metal horn turned i
Deborah
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fantasy
Blue is a unicorn of prophesy, destined to save his people, the metal horned unicorn tribe, from an evil sorcerer. But when he is born without a metal horn, the very thing that gives each unicorn a unique magical ability, the rest of his tribe cannot help but feel let down.
The little unicorn grows up knowing he is a disappointment, and becomes a loner aside from sweet Ghel, who loves him anyway.
When the unicorn oracle again prophesies that Blue will save the tribe and this time has knowledge of
E.
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

“The Blue Unicorn’s Journey to Osm” written by Sybrina Durant and illustrated by Dasguptarts is a lovely children’s story that blends fantasy and a bit of science fiction in a sweet tale. The gentle reminders of the importance of acceptance and maintaining a sense of self worth are artfully woven into this fun adventure tale. The brightly colored illustrations underscore the fantastical creatures that populate the tale while elements of science are slipped in through descriptions of the types of
Caitie Deranek
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm is a very digestible read, quick and easy for a low middle grade reader. Blue, our hero, was born seemingly without magic despite coming from a long line of metal-horned unicorns each with a unique magical talent, struggles to find his place in society. Toss a birthright prophecy about him saving the tribe into the mix and inevitable ostracizing followed. Once Blue finds his way to his destiny, he is helped through a series of challenges by friends like a firebi ...more
Julie Baswell
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Blue was born, he was supposed to be the savior. The oracle had prophesied it beforehand. All of the unicorns in the land of MarBryn had horns of some type of metal and each one had their own magic. But when Blue was born, his horn was only a plain blue hide. With no one to fulfill the prophesy, no more unicorns would be born. Twenty years later, the Numen relayed to the oracle the path that Blue must take, to save the tribe and bring them back to their homeland of Unimaise. But first he mu ...more
Carlynne Toomey
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations in this book are beautiful! The story is great and there is action and adventure. This is an adult or older teen level book as there is violence and death in the story. The battles are graphic and unicorns die. I say this only to warn readers that may think that unicorn stories are always happy, fun rainbow reads. This is not the case with this book, but it is so much better because of the realism. Battles aren’t pretty, evil magicians do bad things. Can the non-magical blue un ...more
Nicole
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of unicorns and was super exited when I found this book! "The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Book" is true gem. "The Blue Unicorn's Journey to Osm Illustrated Book" is a beautifully illustrated fantasy novel that pulls the reader directly into an incredible fantasy world that you don't want to leave.
The illustrations done by Dasguptarts perfectly match the story and help set the atmosphere. The love the beautiful color map provided that clearly identifies locations su
Cynthia
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beautiful artwork really highlights the book, The Blue Unicorn's Journey To Osm. I'm looking forward to sharing the book with my granddaughter on her upcoming birthday.
Marichus Real
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only hope of the metal horns unicorns to survive and return to his home Unimaise is a Prophecy about a blue unicorn but when he was born, his horn was no metal and everybody knows the meaning of that: No metal, no magic.
A colourful journey with a group of Unicorns who are trapped in a place that is not their home. A story about friendship, loyalty, love and magic against evil and death.
The pictures are wonderful. It is always nice to look at a unicorn and even more when the pictures have be
Maria Thomas
The book says this was written for teenagers but I think it is for a younger audience than that.
I think it would hold the tween age range attention well. I didn't love it for myself but I think I would have as a ten year old or something. I think the story is something of a parable and has much for the reader to learn from it.

The reader can glean:
-that it is okay for everyone to be different.
-just because someone is different from you doesn't mean that you should look down on them.
-just becau
Helois
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
What we have here is a sci-fi/fantasy mash up. Revolving around a highly evolved race of unicorns (they pilot space ships but are magical). The story is creative and moves along at a nice pace. The description states that it is for teens, but I would say it's more of a middle grade read. Simplistic writing style, still manages to explore some great themes, such as acceptance of self and others.

All the makings of a fantasy novel; magic, a quest and mythological creatures, but with a science ficti
Stacie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Blue Unicorn’s Journey to Osm, by Sabrina Durant, is a gorgeously illustrated story about a unicorn born without magic but destined for great things. A tale that is filled with enchanting fantasy, it is also packed with action as Blue tries to help save his tribe from the evil sorcerer Magh. Readers will delight in the its fairytale elements and lush, colorful pictures that include, in addition to all the unicorns in Blue’s tribe - a firebird, fairies, and a manticore!

The addition of so man
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Read an excerpt and follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
THE BLUE UNICORN’S JOURNEY TO OSM is a cute coming of age story. Blue, the main character, grapples with feeling weak and helpless and wanting to fit into a clan where he’s not sure he belongs. Durant sets up lots of conflict for Blue, and the book is full of suspense, action, and romance as Blue learns the true meanings of friendship, strength, and family.
This
J.D.R. Hawkins
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! From MarBryn to Unimaise, this enchanting book kept me enthralled to the very end. The writing was captivating, and author Sybrina Durant included enough description so that I could envision each individual creature, as well as the mystical land of MarBryn. The artwork throughout the book is creative and colorful, and artist Dasguptarts has a unique, distinctive style that defines the novel. I also liked the options at the end of the book, so that readers can purchase c ...more
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received a copy from the RABT Book Tours for review. This did not affect my review.*

Such a fun story. Light-hearted and charming. The artwork is beautiful, and the characters quickly become the reader's friends, someone young readers can cheer for and look forward to reading about. The story has a timeless feel to it, and is great for all ages.
Jenny
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, netgalley
An ARC was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

This book is certainly very interesting. The premise and concept have definitely never been done before. I found the world building and the universe to be very fascinating. The author managed to transport me to the world of the book.

However, I think that some things could have been done better in the book. For example, the point of view changes was a bit hard to keep up with and I think that the book would have been better without them.

T
gwendalyn _books_
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Journey To Osm
Sybrina Durant

The Blue Unicorns Tale

A wonderful fantasy written about a protagonist unicorn named Blue
A journey, a prophecy all the things that make up a great storyline. Creative world building keeps you engaged.
A fantastic fantasy. I enjoyed this exciting book

Thanks NetGalley for this complimentary copy for an honest review.
Dimple Malhotra
Jun 04, 2017
Sandy Fauser
Jan 30, 2018
Marta Ilieva
I received this eARC from publisher through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Journey to Osm is a fantasy where the protagonist is a unicorn – a unicorn! How exciting! And how absolutely unique! The story follows Blue, the so-called “promised prophecy” that will save the unicorn tribe. Unfortunately, things do not go as planned for Blue, and he faces quite a lot of struggles as he grows up. Sybrina Durant does an impressive job at world-building and creates a st
M.T. DeSantis
rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2017
Caitlyn
Mihaela Day
Alexandria
Nov 04, 2017

• The Devil's Own (Murphy's Law, #1)
  • Six Goodbyes We Never Said
  • Tiger Queen
  • Beasts of the Frozen Sun (Frozen Sun Saga, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • No Place Like Here
  • The Memory Thief
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)
  • Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)
  • Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf, #1)
Hi:

I am the author of many different types of books. Some are technical and others are fanciful. Illustrated books are my favorite. I believe that you can capture a reader’s attention with a good story but amazing artwork will reel them in and keep them riveted.

I'm currently concentrating on Unicorns.

Journey To Osm - The Blue Unicorn's Tale is my first full-length novel. Please look for it on the