Start by marking “Monsters Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #3)” as Want to Read:
Monsters Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #3)

Monsters Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Claudette is back AGAIN, and she’s ready to kick major monster butt!

She’s fought giants, clobbered dragons, and now Claudette faces her biggest challenge yet… herself! Well, that and a gang of vile monsters. It all begins when Claudette’s town hosts the annual Warrior Games. After some sneaky maneuvering, Claudette manages to gets herself, Marie, and Gaston chosen as her t
Published March 13th 2018 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Monsters Beware!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsters Beware!

Kellee
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite yet in this series! And if the “The End” at the end means the series is over, I am sad, but it was a perfect end. If not, I can’t wait for more adventures.
Misty
I mean, this series is so cute. It's silly and bold, with fantastic cartoony art, and is sure to find a receptive and happy audience among young readers. Great for read alongs with even younger readers!
Suzanne
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claudette continues to yearn for adventure. After her previous battles with giants and dragons, she is more determined than ever to win fame and glory with her courage. The Marquis who rules Mont Petit Pierre does not approve of Claudette's behavior or her influence on his own daughter, Marie. When Claudette manages to be chosen for the Warrior Games, the stakes are very high. Either she wins, or she has to dress as a little lady and give up her wooden sword and Marie will be sent away to boardi ...more
Kristin Wald
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read! I love that the characters have deepened and grown over the trilogy, even while maintaining their personalities. A true hero's arc for Claudette in Monsters Beware!
Barbara
Claudette marches to her own music, which is not something that is appreciated by everyone in her village. When her town hosts the Warrior Games, she's primed to use all her sword-fighting skills to bring to bear in winning the prize and lead her team to victory. But once her brother Gaston and friend Marie join her team, the marquis must soften the competition events at the request of his wife in order not to have Marie endangered. Thus, to Claudette's dismay, they compete in butter churning, s ...more
Karissa
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This was the final book in the Chronicles of Claudette series. This was a wonderful conclusion to this series. I love how fun this series is and really enjoyed it a lot.

The illustration is very cartoony, bright, and colorful. It fits the tone of the story nicely and is easy to follow.

This book didn’t have quite as much action as the previous books, but was still very engaging. The ending was fantastic and makes this a super feel good and happy series!

Overall this is an awesome middle grade graph
Addie
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun conclusion to a sweet series. My 8 year old and 6 year old loved the series
Kay
3.5
Fun with a monstrous twist!

Claudette ("the cloddish") was extra annoying in this vol. Just listen to Marie and Gaston!!
But the giggles were still there (Marie: "But, father, Claudette is the only child in our town whose misguided thirst for honor and glory is as great as your own."), and poor Claudette when they lost... I hate to say I enjoyed that part, but the story was very strong there. And a happy ending to tie everything together. <3
Melissa
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this is the end, it’s a great one. If it’s not, it’s still a great story.
Jenna
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the emphasis on fighting monsters vs “real work” was a bit heavy handed, I did enjoy the final chariot scene where Claudette shines. The plot twists were lovely as well as the trio all using their strengths to come together and save the day. I hope the series does continue, perhaps with a brief time skip so they age up a little, despite it saying The End....
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Aguirre, Jorge Monsters Beware! (Giants Beware, #3), illustrated by Rafael Rosado, 170 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL. First Second (Macmillan), 2018. $15. Content: Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

Claudette wants to be chosen for the Warrior Games to represent her village because she loves a good fight. After she strategically convinces all the other kids in her village to bow out of the competition, Claudette, her brother Gaston and her best friend Marie are chosen as the team. Marie’s fathe
Samma
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I was SO excited to see that a third Claudette book had slipped pass my radar and was available in the library catalog.

...But, IMHO, it was a little lack-luster for me. Something about the art didn't hold it's usual charm and felt rushed to me? Ironic, given that it's been awhile since the 2nd book came out! The story was also lacking. Over all, the ending was sweet (I admit, I cried a bit!), and it was a good potential end to the series (Is it? I have no idea!).
Katie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
My 8yo and 10yo have been suckers for these for years. As a parent reader the shine is wearing off a little - you know Claudette will barge in sword blazing, Marie will try to reason with the baddie, and Gaston will wish he were in the kitchen. There will be plenty of yuks along the way. I would have liked a little character growth or something else to keep it fresh, but my kids had no such bones to pick and thought it was awesome.
Mary Lee
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, series
A glorious ending (???or will there be more???) to a fabulous series. Claudette for the win -- OVER monsters and FOR her friends and family. Great back matter that shows how the story was revised even after it was finished.
Jenn Estepp
Aw, I always forget how cute and awesome this series is. But then a new one comes out and I am delighted to be reminded. This is maybe the last one so I'll miss, but it's a great ending. And shout out to Jeni's Splendid!
J
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-graphic-novel
Some how I wasn't enjoying this as much as the other two. Probably just didn't feel as refreshing and was starting to get a bit tired. But then I really like how it concluded so 3.5 stars. I also feel that this one may actually have a more memorable story. See? Already coming back around to it.
Kris Springer
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny, exciting and well-drawn. Great for kids and adults. Claudette is the bull in the china shop, and her brother Gaston and best friend Marie bail her out as necessary, with wits and diplomacy. A really fun series.
Breakfast and Books
Even though the story-line is geared for younger audiences and too young for MS/HS. I still found the story to be cute and entertaining. I really enjoyed Claudette's adventures and her determination to win. I can see this graphic novel series being a hit in any elementary library.
Justyn Rampa
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final Claudette book is wonderful!
Jason
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-for-kids
My 7yo like it. The artwork is good, the story is really meh.
Katy Wilmotte
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favorite Claudette adventure of the three!
Lindsay Ross-Roberts
I love this series! I hope this isn't the end of Claudette!
Chris
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, fantasy, graphic, j
More fun with Claudette and friends. Excellent fun.
Celeste
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This graphic novel series is funny, fast paced and has great illustrations.
Roseanne
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tres Cute!
Heidi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a finale! I'm sad the series is over, but boy, what an ending. Claudette is rather obsessed with fighting monsters. And with the annual Warrior Games coming to her town, she is determined to be chosen as one of the competitors. But the Marquis, despite being the father of her friend Marie, doesn't like or approve of Claudette. After convincing the other kids not to volunteer, Claudette finds herself, Marie, and Gaston representing their town. But the Marquis' wife is worried about Marie and ...more
Michaelyuri
Apr 08, 2018
Kimberly
Mar 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jorge A. Aguirre is an East Coast-based writer born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. He wrote the graphic novel, GIANTS BEWARE (First Second Books/Macmillan), which the New York Times called, a "rollicking fun story." He also wrote its sequel, DRAGONS BEWARE (May 2015). He has already written the third book of the CHRONICLES OF CLAUDETTE. Besides books, Jorge also produces and writes TV for kids. He' ...more
More about Jorge Aguirre

Chronicles of Claudette (3 books)
  • Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #1)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)