Start by marking “Parrot Talk” as Want to Read:
Parrot Talk

Parrot Talk

Lucas and Grinder are more than a little surprised and confused to hear that their mother, Millie, who they haven't heard from in over thirty years, has died. Now her best friend wants them to come to Pittsburgh to take care of their mother's effects, chief among them being Paul.

A road trip ensues with memorable stops at a Racino, a Pittsburgh landmark greasy spoon, and fi
Paperback
Published May 11th 2017 by Black Rose Writing (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Parrot Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parrot Talk

Start your review of Parrot Talk
Hirdesh
Fair enough !
Thanks to Netgalley and respective publishers for sending me copy.

It was kind of funny but less descriptive kind of book.
Perhaps, Author's perspective with the story-line was bit weird.
Story of a family, rather say natural family.
Traits of member personified apparently with glue of extremities of life, even though their Humanity sustained inside them.
It was arrhythmical !
Lolly K Dandeneau
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
via my blog: https://bookstalkerblog.wordpress.com/
“This is weird.”
“Weird how?”
“I mean our mother used to ride this thing.”
“And?”
“We’re probably breathing the same air she breathed.”
Lucas shook his head and chuckled. “Where do you get this stuff?”
“It’s true, her molecules are still here.”

Lucas and Grinder’s mother Millie walked out on her family one day long ago. Both of her sons were affected in different ways, neither have made peace with it nor do they know the entire story. Out of the blue
Eileen
Out of the blue, Lucas and Grinder have received notice from a complete stranger that their mother Millie, whom they haven’t seen or heard from in three decades, has died and left behind a companion named Paul. Paul is an African grey parrot whose store of words and phrases is eerily perceptive. He is currently under the care of Janice, an elderly drug dealer. Meanwhile, Lucas and Grinder’s father has found Jesus in a slice of Thanksgiving turkey and resolved to quit drinking and make amends. Lu ...more
Bookgirl86
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't remember the last time that a book made me laugh and cry at the same time but David Seaburn's 'Parrot Talk' did that.
The novel is about two brothers, Lucas and Grinder who find out that their estranged mother has passed away on the other side of the country. The brothers must then travel to Pittsburgh to take care of their mother's estate.
Part of the novel is made up of their road trip across America and a lot of comedy plus a lot of back story about the brother's childhood is revealed
Teddy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Brothers, Lucas and Grinder find out that their mother, Millie has passed away in Pittsburgh. They have been estranged from her for a very long time but have to drive cross country to get there and take care of their mother’s estate and her African Grey bird, Paul. They do not find out that Paul is a bird until they get there.

During their long drive we find out about their childhood and how they were abandoned by Millie 30 years ago. The road trip had some great tidbits and worth the reading jus
Jessica Bronder
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thirty years ago Lucas and Grinder’s mother, Millie walked out of their lives. Out of the blue, they get a phone call that their mother has died and they need to come get her belongings and Paul. On the long car trip from Rochester we learn about the dysfunctional family. This starts to bring the brothers closer together than they have been in years.

Upon arrival, the boys learn that Paul is an African Grey Parrot that is clearly mourning the loss of his owner. It seems that she clearly loved her
Nancy
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Parrot Brings a Family Together

Thirty years ago, Millie walked out on her sons, Grinder and Lucas. Now she’s dead and her friend Janice wants them to come and deal with her effects. The brothers aren’t quite sure what effects they’ll have to deal with, but they are truly surprised to realize that one of them is an African Gray parrot named Paul.

Paul is in the throes of grief having lost his beloved Millie. They’re not quite sure how to deal with Paul, but as they listen to his sayings, they b
Susan
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about two brothers who are notified that their mother has died. They are told that they must come and take care of their mother effects. They had not talked to their mom for thirty years. Why? When they are told that they must take care of Paul, they are mystified. When they meet grieving Paul, they discover he's an African Grey parrot. He can talk. The brothers find out something from what Paul says. What is it?

The author writes a story that transforms the brothers. There is hum
Nicole Normand
I found this book discounted on Amazon via BookBub; this is my honest review.
-The book is categorized "Humor & Entertainment"; I would say it's much more "Family Saga Based on a True Story". Unfortunately, all the details and situations are believable.
-Editing needs another pass, especially on the singular/plural side. One example: "and retrieved a bag of Doritos. He tore them open".
-I didn't think it was funny at all. I'm not sure why people said they were LOL. It was full of gross details, lik
Annie McDonnell
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
David B. Seaburn captures the true essence of what children go through when one parent walks out on them leaving them with the parent that cares more about the beer bottle. The love that Lucas and Grinder have for one another is palpable throughout each page; most vividly as I got to the end of the story. I was in love with the two of these characters.
While I did not care for Martha at all, she had her place within the fabric of the story being told. I was happier once I realized that importance
Allison Effie Moss-Fritch
An interesting study in family Dynamics hosted by your friendly parrot

This book was a good read showing characters who were like all of us flawed, lovable, hateful, complex, soulful, & clearly human trying to make their way through a sometimes confusing and painful world. Everyone is grieving including the parrot but in the end they are family for each other
Polly Krize
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The ghosts of the past come to roost in this magical, humorous book. A grief-stricken African Grey parrot, Paul, brings the characters together in an enchanting way.
Nancy Dardarian
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beach read with parrot. A nice interlude-
Tiggyleee
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute little parrot. You'll especially enjoy if you've been around one.
Carol St John
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Try it, you'll like it.

I gave up on this book after the first few pages. Later, I went back to it and I'm glad I did.
RaChelle Holmberg
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS SLICE OF LIFE - touching, sad, happy, bittersweet, gritty, I looooved it
Janet Kilgo
Richele Ortiz
Sep 24, 2017
margaret disney
Mar 22, 2020

• Strange Tales of Scotland (Jack's Strange Tales #1)
  • My Favorite Duke (The Duke Hunters Club, #2)
  • My Boss's Forbidden Daughter
  • Pulled by the Tail: Celestial Mates (Tail and Claw #2)
  • How to Reform a Rake (How to Reform a Rake, #0.5)
  • How to Reform a Rake: Regency Romance Boxed Set (How to Reform a Rake, #0.5-5)
  • Have Tail, Will Travel (Celestial Mates; Tail and Claw #1)
  • The Golden Pecker
  • Between The Lines
  • No Dukes Need Apply (The Impossible Balfours Book 4)
  • The Opposite of Drowning
  • Montana Miracle
  • Whoa! I Married the Pitcher! (Wedded Curves #3)
  • The Hanging (Mimosa Tales #1)
  • Untamed Barbarian (Visigoth Barbarians #2)
  • The Patron of Lost Causes
  • My Ex's Wedding
  • Cowboy's Kiss (Heartthrob Heroes Series)
David Seaburn is a retired therapist and ordained Presbyterian minister. He also writes for Psychology Today magazine.