Start by marking “The Sex On The Beach Book Club” as Want to Read:
The Sex On The Beach Book Club

The Sex On The Beach Book Club

A Sexy Romance...
Holly Hillbay is a love-burned private investigator who relishes chasing down cheating scumbags. Hot on the trail of another two-timing spouse, Holly goes into stealth mode to find out if the owner of Books on the Beach, Wes Brockman, is slipping between the covers with her client's adulterous wife. Joining the book club, she soon realizes that Wes isn't
Published March 20th 2017 by Jennifer Lyon Books (first published November 14th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Sex On The Beach Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sex On The Beach Book Club

Start your review of The Sex On The Beach Book Club
Glittergirl
This book is so much more than a simple romance! It surprised me in a very good way. It's a medium length romantic PI story about a prickly female PI and a very HOT bookstore owner. I am looking forward to her next rom/susp story because this was way better than the stories we get on TV. In fact I would love to see it made into a TV movie for sure. It kept me guessing, took sideways turns and kept the action up while developing the characters into a very hot team. LOVED IT!

Holly Hillbay is a fem
Andi
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely fell in love with Holly right from the beginning of this book! Don't get me wrong, I'm also very partial to Wes, he's a whole lotta yum and alpha. But Holly steals the show in The Sex on the Beach Book Club by Jennifer Lyon.

Holly is a snarky, smarta$$, hard-a$$ed PI. She was a police officer for 5 and half years before striking out on her own. She was better following her gut than taking orders. She is a freaking fire cracker and I loved her inner dialogs, especially when consideri
B.E.
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in its original incarnation. It's even better now. I loved Holly and Wes. Separately and together. I loved the backstory and the romance. I loved the suspense running through it all. I really wanted Brad the Cad to get more of what he deserved, though, but that's the evil in me. ;o)

If you've read this before when it was published under Jennifer Apodaca, read it now. It's worth it. If you haven't read it before, get yourself a copy. I inhaled it today.
Tracie R
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgally
I love Jennifer Lyon/Apodaca, when I get one of her books I always know I am in for a great read and The Sex On The Beach Book Club is no exception. I loved this romantic suspense, from the character dynamics to the sass and sexiness I can’t wait to see what she brings us next.
B.E.
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, because some government agency says I have to, let me begin by saying I didn't pay for this book. I won it through a Facebook contest the author held. There was no expectation of a good review. Heck, there were no expectations of a review period. Anyway, there it is. Take it for what you think it's worth. At any rate, I don't give good reviews in exchange for free books. It's not how I roll.

Having said all that, let me start out by saying I love everything Jennifer Apodaca (or her other na
Ann Mulholland
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, strong woman, sexy man, murder mystery and a cute dog...what more could you want?
Kent District Library
“If you like Stephanie Plum you’ll like P.I. Holly Hillbay.”
—Loretta at KDL’s Wyoming Branch
Barbara Post
The story and characters were very interesting but were interrupted constantly by the sex scenes which hit over the head like a sledgehammer and which seemed to be thrown in gratuitously. I don't mind if they flow with the story but these just interrupted the story line and were very crudely presented.
poppy
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and i adored Holly and Wes.This was a fantastic read it had a super storyline and held my interest all the way through.A well written book with super characters just loved it.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title didn't have me expecting much but I went with this book because I had hope with the description. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised as it was much better than I expected. It was go go go most of the time. A real mix of characters and a great storyline that kept twisting and turning and had me wondering what the outcome was going to be. A real good suspenseful book with a touch of romance and some sizzling sex, totally entertaining read.
C bond
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
netgalley

an ok read. like the new cover.
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holly Hillbay, PI and ex-cop from a family of cops has joined a book club at at store owned by Wes Brockman. She is there because a client says his wife is having an affair the Wes but Holly soon finds out that it is not Wes she is having the affair with.

Wes Brockman is living a pretend life, he left his other one under mysterious circumstances, he suspects there is more to Holly that she is letting on and when one of the book club members is murdered at the Book Store Wes hires Holly to find th
Tressa
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
There is no build-up when starting Sex on the Beach Club. The story plunged directly into action. Unfortunately, the story felt frenzied.

It was exhausting bouncing from one plot to the next even though everything was tied together. The story just moved a little too fast for me and it made me bewildered. I did like that Holly was frank and unapologetic. Wes' nickname for Holly did become annoying, though.
Torimac
A light and somewhat steamy read, this is a mystery and a romance. I liked the steamy part alot, but the dialogue felt just a little stilted at times. Also, the heroine and hero were both a little too good to be true.
Also, I really liked that writer included blogging and podcasts and such in the storyline, but sometimes I thought she was reaching beyond her true comfort level with the technology. I give her credit for including it and being creative with it.
Peggy
I would have given it a 4 or 5 stars if she hadn't had so much sex. The plot was well written, the important characters were well developed, the mystery kept you trying to figure it out. I think if she didn't put so much trash in the book it would have been on the best seller list. Instead, it just rates as a romance. too bad.
Katie
This was my second Jennifer Apodaca book. I didn't like this one quite as much as the first one I read but it was alright. It was pretty good with all it's twists and turns. She did say the phrase "hard-a$$" and "chip on your shoulder" waaaaay too often. Anyway...it was okay but I had no problem putting it down when something else was going on around me.
Sandy
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New authors are always intriguing as I learn their writing style and how they work through a story line. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, took a bit to get into, but before long I found that I didn't want to put it down! The characters are very down to earth and sexy! Good story line - will read more of her books in the future!
Brenda
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author. I like the balance of sex, romance and mystery. Very predictable but I would put it in the beach book category, which is what beach books are. I would read her again.
Joni
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good summer reading revolving around a murder of a book club member and the bookstore owner with the mysterious past. All the characters have pasts, including the private investigator, and the way the characters are integrated is enjoyable.

Warning: Explicit sexual content...
Lauren
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read - light and perfect little mystery romance for the summer.
Shaylene
Don't judge me! I needed a book with a beach scene on the cover for the summer reading challenge I'm doing, and......Fine! I wanted a trashy beach book to get in the mood for my cruise!
Talz
Shelves: scpl, romance
read 06.06.07
Michele
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a hoot! Great premise, can't go wrong with murder on 1. a beach and 2. in a book club. LOL, pretty much like Evanovich, but I liked it a tad better. Of course I've only read 1 Evanovich ...
Betsey
Mar 21, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get past a few pages...I was looking for something light but I just couldn't read this one!
Robin
Jul 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book, lots of sexual scenes and some bad language
Andi
rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Pregnancy Promise
  • An Affair With The Princess (Royal Seductions, #3)
  • Mistaken Mistress (The Saxon Brides, #1)
  • Big Spankable Asses
  • Die For Me (For Me, #1)
  • Bound by Secrets (Cauld Ane, #3)
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis, #1)
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis, #2)
  • Breathless Escape (Aegis, #0.4)
  • Sinful Surrender (Aegis, #0.6)
  • First Exposure (Aegis, #0.5)
  • Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
  • Unspeakable (Deadly Secrets, #4)
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Bound by Song (Cauld Ane, #4)
  • Knight Awakening (Scorpius Syndrome #6)
Also writes paranormal romance under the pseudonym Jennifer Lyon.

I went back to college after my three sons, Matt, Gary and Paul, were born. Beginning with a vague idea of earning a marketing degree, I ended up pursuing a writing career with the full support of my husband, Dan.

First I tried to tame my naturally edgy voice into writing romance, but dead bodies and quirky humor turned up with alarmi