Start by marking “The Drowned Tower (Heartstone)” as Want to Read:
The Drowned Tower (Heartstone)

The Drowned Tower

(Heartstone #1)

If the future was bared before you, would it still be yours?
If the past could chase you, would you run from it?
If the world crumbled tonight, would you carve your own?

Freedom is out of the question for practitioners of the Institute, and any supporters otherwise are dealt with violently. A system Sylvie Sirx neither refutes, nor endorses--born fro
Published April 18th 2017 by Stephanie Mae Pedron

To ask other readers questions about The Drowned Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Drowned Tower

Happy Booker
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The drowned tower is the first fantasy novel in the Heartstone Series written about a girl named Sylvie. Sylvie possesses magical powers and works for the Zenith Council by doing their biddings. The Drowned Tower is at the Eastern Branch of the land, which is called, Ferus Terria. The Practitioners Institute of Magic picks one child as the “Chosen” and just like any other institute, it teaches kids to enhance their magical abilities.

Things begin to change when an Elder comes to Ferus
Jessica Bronder
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a classic fantasy world and the start to a new series, Heartstone. In this story, you have a beautifully created world where those that have magic abilities can be selected to be sent to the Drowned Tower. Sylvie Sirx is part of this world working her magic and living day by day. Then an Elder comes by Ferus Terria and chooses Sylvie to go to the Drowned Tower. There Sylvie learns more about her abilities, how to strengthen them, and has to make some tough decisions about her future. ...more
Samantha Turley
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Nicholas Rinth has a very clear and concise way to tell his story. The attention to detail really helped me as the reader understand and get invested in the world he has created. That in turn helped me become invested in the characters who were all very well developed as well.
There is a lot going on in this novel, but I liked the way that Rinth kept me informed and not confused throughout it.
The climax of the novel really reeled me in and I was on the edge of my seat. A wonderful Fan
Ever Leigh
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Nicholas Rinth has no problem getting the story started.

I was surprised several times over the course of this novel. I liked how balanced the characters were, I felt like each one served their own purpose and had a valid place in the novel.

I was very intrigued by the story. Rinth's writing style is very direct. There is no skirting around things. Characters and plot are both well developed.
R.K. Emery
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is an imaginative fantasy/adventure. Nicholas Rinth has really raised the level of fantasy with this novel. There are so many aspects that show a great level of creativity. I liked that the main characters had their flaws but redeeming qualities as well. A wonderful take on fate and the way our choices and actions affect our lives.
Jim Galford
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Magic abounds and a world is turned upside down. Entertaining, though no depth.
Caitlin Farley
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sylvie is an apprentice at the Drowned Tower, the centre for magical study in the east of Ferus Terria. Renowned for its Amorphs, Sylvie is the only Conjurer in residence and shares several floors of archives with the only Elementalist, Jack Dace. They’ve never been more than acquaintances until an Elder comes to the tower and Sylvie’s master tells her to prepare for a choosing. Sylvie has no desire to leave the tower and takes comfort from the thought that Jack, with all his connections and inf ...more
Sammadrigal
Jan 24, 2018
Amanda Huth
Jan 02, 2019
Stu Richard
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Without a doubt, this is a book for fantasy lovers. There’s proper lore, a brand new world, deities, classes, religion, and of course, magic… everything you need for fantasy tbh. But with that said, there’s also nothing crazy new about it that hasn’t already been done by the thousands of fantasy novels that have come before it. Old and true. It was a good read, regardless.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the romance in this book to be just a sub-genre. Usually when its listed
N.N. Light

• The Satisfied Soul: Showing the Supremacy of God in All of Life
  • Holy Bible: Best God Damned Version: The Books of Moses
  • Living Well, Living Wise: Thriving Beyond Our Fashionable Stories
  • Select Short Fiction
  • Queen of Martyrs: The Story of Mary I (Plantagenet Embers #3)
  • The Sword of Goliath (The Bloodline Chronicles, #1)
  • May at the Peacock Ranch
  • Surveillance Valley: The Rise of the Military-Digital Complex
  • Blood Sacrifice (Healers of Meligna #3)
  • Dark Light: Dawn
  • Camp 80 (Cedar Branch)
  • A Tie
  • Trip Walk (Tripper #1)
  • Dragonblood Throne: Legacy
  • Officer Downe
  • Something Completely Crazy
Nicholas Rinth lives lakeside in the southern graces of Savannah, Georgia. Where he spends his time fantasizing about other worlds and working on his next novel.

Heartstone (2 books)
  • The Red Veld
“If the future was bared before you, would it still be yours? If the past could chase you, would you run from it? If the world crumbled tonight, would you carve your own?” 2 likes