Start by marking “The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6: Who Run The World? Squirrels” as Want to Read:
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6: Who Run The World? Squirrels

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6: Who Run The World? Squirrels

(The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6)

It's a normal, quiet day at Empire State University, filled with lots of lectures and higher education and students learning quietly. But don't turn away, there's also going to be a fistfight! A big one! And Doreen Green will also get a new Flying Squirrel suit from a mystery benefactor that would render her even more unbeatable, if such a thing were scientifically possibl ...more
Published October 3rd 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6

Calista
Squirrel Girl gets her wings; she is now a flying squirrel girl. There is a new villain and I wasn't real thrilled with her. I didn't think this was the best volume of Squirrel Girl. I really enjoyed the issue where Koi Boy and Chipmunk Hunk are saving the city. That was a great little story.

Many Marvel regulars show up in this one. It's beginning to feel like a crutch. The art seems rushed and a little sloppy really. Tippy Squirrel wasn't in this one much. She was missed.

It's still entertaining
Paul E. Morph
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I found parts of this volume laugh-out-loud funny, but I still struggle to get past the artwork and so-smug-it-hurts hipster vibe. It makes me feel like an old fart and I don't like it... Grr...
Chad
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This title works best when the stories are shorter and North can focus on the jokes. Five issues of listening to the villain monologue on and on was a bit much. Plus the ultra hipster vibe grates on these longer stories. Erica Henderson's art continues to make my eyes bleed. I'm counting the days until I get to the point where Derek Charm takes over on art.
Chris Lemmerman
I've said it before, so I'll say it again - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl works best when it tells one or two part stories. Longer ones always seem to fall apart under their own weight, and this volume is no exception as we get four issues of Doreen and friends dealing with the manipulative Melissa Morbeck, a mind-controlling animal loving nutcase who wants to use Doreen's powers for evil.

It's not that the story isn't that compelling; it's that reading four extremely dense issues full of dialogue an
Jasmine
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I save these books for when everything is grim and I desperately need a pick me up, and this one did not steer me wrong. I loved the boy's night out arc, and alfredo and chef bear, and that the general conceit of this arc is Supervillian going "you can't just be NICE to people, things are more COMPLICATED, you have to use your POWER to decide who lives and who dies", and the heroes going "ehhhhh, no, not that complicated, still gonna be nice".
Crowinator
Looks, everyone, these are just perfect and Squirrel Girl (and her creators) can do no wrong.
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
The flying squirrel suit was awesome while it lasted. Nancy's still the best. And I need more boys' nights out, pls.
Stephanie
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I relate to Brain Drain so much. Probably more than is healthy.
Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn
*** Review To Come Up Soon! ***
Shannon Appelcline
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Another entirely enjoyable Squirrel Girl. The main four-issue arc gives Doreen a fun and appropriate arch enemy, and as usual there's lots of great humor scattered here and there. The last issue is a kind of amusing boy's night out for Doreen's supporting cast, but as it turns out the comic isn't quite as funny without her.

Overall, this continues to be one of Marvel's most unique and amusing comics.
Stewart Tame
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl has a new arch-nemesis it would seem. And the stage is being set for future storylines. I also loved the way the side story with Chef Bear developed …

This book does so many things right. I love the Twitter-style summaries that kick off each issue. The patented Ryan North footnotes at the bottom of most pages are always fun too. And the inclusion of the letters pages from the original comics is a great touch. The whole thing adds up to an irresistible package.

Squirrel Girl has beco
Ma'Belle
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely not one of the best SG storylines. The villain was revealed to be obviously evil way too soon imo, and was never all that interesting or compelling. Considering the way she was introduced, it could have been a really good character, but instead is completely one dimensional.

That said, lez be honest: this is still Squirrel Girl, and Ryan North and Erica Henderson are consistently creating one of the best comics out there. It's likely been the Marvel title I love most and am most likely
Christopher
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
More Doreen Green is always welcome.

This time we have whole discussion of evil projecting itself on others, judging our hero by its own twisted view of the world and framing her for evil acts. Doreen is a trusting soul who sees the best in everyone (like seeing the unicorn in the Rhino), but luckily she has friends like Nancy Whitehead who knows when a good thing is too good and can ask the right question to make our villain out herself as such.

Best scene - "I've met Doctor Doom and you're no Do
Diz
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't enjoy this volume as much as the other Squirrel Girl volumes. It focuses on a story about an engineer that figures out how to control animals with computer chips, and of course she uses it for evil. I felt that the jokes were not as funny as usual. Also, the final story in this volume focuses on Brain Drain, which is a character I just don't enjoy. The art is as nice as it usually is, so that's still good.
Rod Brown
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
An excellent entry in the Squirrel Girl canon. I laughed out loud multiple times.

This isn't a criticism, but I have to note that reading a Squirrel Girl trade takes three times longer than other graphic novels of the same length. There is so much crammed into these books, mostly in teeny, tiny type. I totally sympathized with the woman who uses reading glasses who wrote a letter asking that the footnotes on the pages be darker and/or larger.
Erin
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Reading Squirrel Girl over the course of various lunch breaks was a fantastic idea for mood boosting the second half of the day. I surprisingly loved the final issue centering on the boys while Doreen and Nancy go on vacation, it might be my favorite issue in this volume.
[Name Redacted]
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Do you hate art? Do you hate humor? Do you hate women? Do you hate men? Do you hate comic books yet know absolutely nothing about them? Then this is the series for you!
K
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enter Squirrel Girl: continuing to eat nuts & kick butts. And yet, is also open to solving problems through dialogue. Perhaps more heroes should try this...it might end up in less collateral damage. Fun writing, excellent illustrations. If you don't like these, I'm not sure if you have a soul.

Not only can Squirrel Girl solve problems of the heart, she can do so while falling upside down from the top of a skyscraper!

Rach
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl never fails to entertain, but I have to admit that Melissa Morbeck and her army of brain controlled animals haven't been my favorite villains. The best part about that extended storyline was Chef Bear and Alfredo the Chicken falling in love, haha.

I did enjoy the last issue that featured Chipmunk Hunk, Koi Boi, and Brain Drain bonding over beating the bad guys (and fake good guys) and becoming friends.

There were a few good quotes I really liked from this volume. Tony tweets at Dore
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always an enjoyable read. Funny, fresh, and contagiously upbeat, you can't read these comics without thinking, "We need more people like Squirrel Girl in the world." Her stories are always easy-going, but with nice themes that are deep enough, but that don't detract from the fun style and tone that make the Squirrel Girl comics must-reads. The villainous twist on the "with great power comes great responsibility" mantra was a nice foil against Squirrel Girl's positive attitude. And Squirrel Girl ...more
Alex Sarll
Doreen finds a new ally, a benefactor who wants to help her crimefighting to the next level with a snazzy new flying squirrel suit. But can this tycoon be trusted? What do you think? This story is largely an excuse for Erica Henderson to show that she draws other animals just as well as squirrels, and that is in no way a criticism, especially as regards the bear-meets-chicken subplot. In the final issue Doreen and Nancy take a trip to the Negative Zone (cue some EXTREMELY SUBTLE plugs for the Be ...more
John
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SQUIRREL GIRL DESERVES ALL THE STARS. I CAN ONLY WRITE ABOUT IT IN ALL CAPS. THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS.

Okay, so maybe not always in all caps, because that joke gets old real quick. But the only other current comic I can think of that has sustained my interest past 5 trade paperbacks is Saga, which puts The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in fine company. North is one of the funniest writers working in any medium, and his voice is so distinctly his own, equal parts geek and nerd (and I say that with respec
Cale
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Squirrel Girl gets an actual nemesis, as another character uses the ability to talk to animals as a cunning plan to bring down Squirrel (and possibly world domination). It's good to see Doreen struggle a bit as her nemesis outplays her on several occasions here, although the good guys still come out on top. And there's also a single issue where the males in Doreen's life work together to protect NYC while Squirrel Girl and Nancy are on vacation, which works exceptionally well. As always, there's ...more
Jacob
Robin
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comicbook, 2017
I DEMAND MORE BRAIN DRAIN. I mean, there's plenty of our good friend Brian in this volume but I am hard to satisfy on that front.

The overall plot of this volume was maybe a little less inspired than previous volumes, but it's the little support stuff that makes USG a must-pull for me. The actual lessons in computer history! The tiny alt text on most pages! Basically everything about Nancy! I continue to be here for all of it.
Carl
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun filled laugh outloud trip through super hero New York with Doreen Green and Co. Here Doreen gets a very patron who gives her suit uprgrades but soon turns out not to be what she seems. Koi Boy and Chipmunk Hunk go out on a Guys Night out with Brain Drain. What could possibly go wrong.

One of the funniest and joyful of comics made these days.
Gretchen Alice
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl faces a villain who exploits her humility and can-do attitude. She also briefly gets a flying squirrel costume and there are a variety of bears dressed in ridiculous costumes. At one point, Spider-Man says, “Stay thwippy, my friends.” There’s an entire issue devoted to a boys’ day out of crime fighting.

In short, this run of Squirrel Girl continues to be the actual greatest.
Kristen
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably like 4.5 stars.
I'm now out of Squirrel Girl, y'all, and there won't be another trade out til like March D:. (Ngl, might skip ahead to the current storyline -but go back for vol. 7, of course!- because Space Viking Trash Prince Shenanigans)
ANYWAY, this one was fun, and seems to be setting up for some cool stuff later! Also, (view spoiler) 5ever.
S
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the variety of things going on in this volume: squirrel suits, the guys got their own comic, a nice sidenote about a bear and a chicken, etc. I'm glad Brain Drain got some time in this comic too. And villains can come from the most unlikely of places (with enviable powers). Still loving USG. Nuts! 4*
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers
  • Stone Cold (Lumberjanes, Vol. 8)
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 8: Mecca
  • Marvel Rising
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 2: My Feminist Agenda
  • Lumberjanes: Bonus Tracks
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl & the Great Lakes Avengers
  • Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5)
  • Jem and the Holograms, Vol. 4: Enter the Stingers
  • Empowered, Volume 7 (Empowered, #7)
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a choose-yo

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 5: Like I'm the Only Squirrel in the World
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7: I've Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 8: My Best Friend's Squirrel