Start by marking “Sangria Sunsets (Throckmorton Family #6)” as Want to Read:
Sangria Sunsets (Throckmorton Family #6)

Sangria Sunsets

(Throckmorton Family #6)

Copyright 2017
"Sangria Sunsets" is historical fiction interlaced with romance, personal tragedy, political upheaval, revenge and covert CIA activity. It chronicles the lives of colorful, well-developed characters searching for and finding lasting love in the aftermath of World War II. Within the pages, the reader will find mystery, suspense and crisis directly linked to
Published January 1st 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Sangria Sunsets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sangria Sunsets

Start your review of Sangria Sunsets (Throckmorton Family #6)
Stacy
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book that is the most recent saga in the lives of Nicolas Throckmorton and those connected to him. Some of them don't know each other, but there is an invisible continuous thread that runs through each connection, which I loved that, and at the end it comes full circle. Romantic, and historic.... Mr. Hackemer researched the details for the backdrop of the story very well. There is a glossary to refer to when encountering words or phrases not heard often in our modern day, as well ...more
Edward Hackemer
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I’ve spent six years chronicling the history of the Throckmorton family and the events that influenced their lives. It’s been an enjoyable and rewarding experience. After the barley crop was harvested, winnowed from the chaff and milled, I was able to create a heady brew of novels that neatly fit into a six-pack.
After lengthy character interviews and careful study of photograph albums, family archives and public records, I discovered a few hidden tidbits of personal history that I felt obliged t
Donna
Mr. Hackemer wrote an extremely great novel. There are many secrets that will be uncovered in this book on the Throckmorton family.

Romance, suspense, family, affairs, war and much more you will find between the pages of this book.

I don't want to give anything away, so please read this and enjoy it as much as I did. A real page turner.

Thank you Mr. Hackemer for such a wonderful book.

I had won this book through the Good Reads First Reads Giveaway. I hope to win more of Mr. Hackemer's books. My fi
Sharon Huether
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical-novel
This was the last book in the Throckmorton series.
Nick Throckmorton covered all the bases, from exacting an eye for an eye to the CIA operative. He helped stabilize countries south of the border.
Through all his experiences he was able to keep the most profound secrets.
The author did such a great job in his research of the Throckmorton family.

I want to thank the author for sending me a copy of the book and the CD of the songs listed in the book.
Kathy Church
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Hackemer gifted me with this book. I had read previous books about the Throckmorton Family. I enjoyed this book very much. It gives you the final chapters of the lives of the characters, Nick, Joey, Alexander, Eloisa and Nora. There were some surprises. It's amazing how paths cross and connections are made. If you are following the Throckmorton Family don't miss this one.
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this unusual and fast-paced book so much that I intend to go back and read the first 5 in the series! Step back in time to the 40's, experience the early days of the CIA and all it took to be a special agent. Enjoy! The CD of music was a bonus! I found myself humming along while listening to it as I was reading.
William Mehl
This book was won on goodreads. Edward Hackemer has definitely dug deep and shared the life of the Throckmorton family with us. Easy read and fun to watch this unfold.
S. Daisy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a historical fiction genre-bender that artfully blends together romances, dramas, and spy thrillers into one little package. This is a book from the middle of a series, yet it is thoroughly readable as a stand-alone novel. It takes place around the world, and covers the years from 1937 to 1960, but mainly takes place in the '50s.

This is the story of Nicholas Throckmorton (a secret agent working for the CIA after he left the Air Force after WWII), and many other people known and unknown t
Debbi DuBose
I genuinely loved this sixth and final novel: SANGRIA SUNSETS: The Throckmorton Family Novels. I can't even begin to tell you how much I adore this series of books, by the truly incredible author, Edward Hackemer. When you read his novels, you will see that E. Hackemer has put his heart into writing these eloquent and entertaining stories! SANGRIA SUNSETS is, I must admit, my favorite novel in the series. I always think it's best to read a series of novels in order, but that's just me. These boo ...more
Judie Dooley
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author. Thank you very much. This is book 6 in a series .I've read them all except the first one. I was so happy to continue on with the Throckmorton Family and where they left off in the last book. This book spans the years from 1937 up to 1960 (I think) the author takes us thru World War 1 and after. I learned a lot of history that I had never heard of.
so many things about the family came to life that hadn't been told before. All the little side stories help
Janice Cafarelli
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book on Goodreads. While I agree with the author this book can be a stand alone book I think had I read more of the series it would of tied in better but having said that after reading this book I want to go back and find the rest of the series and follow more of the Thockmorton family story.. this book does leave some loose ends but I do not know if these were covered in previous books or even though this is suppose to be the last of the series from what I have read it still leaves o ...more
Melissa B
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A well developed historical fiction novel, part 6.
I read books 3 and 4 in this series and enjoyed them very much. I need to get the rest of the series to fill in the gaps!
My husband also read the books, and when this one appeared in the mail, he snatched it up before I had a chance to read it!
The era sensitive explanations are many, and realistic. the glossary and endnotes are helpful if one does not know the history and vernacular.
A well written, well researched novel. Bravo to Mr. Hackemer!
Cathy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous time capsule from Edward R Hackemer. There's so much detail that I feel like I need to go back and re-read so I don't miss anything because I'm trying to read it so fast. Lots of neat tie-ins to the previous 5 books, this one really wrapped everything up with a bow on the top. I hope there will be more from Mr Hackemer.
Sharon Rentze
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. I would recommend. I won this book on Goodreads.
Jessica Lucci
"Sangria Sunsets" by Edward R Hackemer is a novel of historical fiction that brings to life the love, mystery, adventure, tragedy, and triumph of a family torn apart by war, espionage, lust, and revolution.

Beginning in 1937 and ending in 1953, the Throckmorton family evolves through war and kinds of peace. Through the viewpoints of different family members, the story is unfurled. Simply breathtaking.

The writing, at some times poetic, and other times fascinatingly factual, is always eloquent.

Th
Karina
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
I enjoyed this book. I would love to read the rest of the series since this is book 6. I would recommend reading the previous books to make this one easier to follow.
Peyton Hammond
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love. That's all you really need to know.

Sangria Sunsets is book number 6 in a series but it is a really good standalone. At the same time, when you love an author then you want to read everything that they have written and future books. You can see the love and care that he has put into this book. This also falls under my favorite genre and that always gives it bonus points.

The history in this book was amazing and very fast-paced from the moment you open the book to the moment you clo
Sharon Heaverly Machuga French
Although I have loved every one of the other Throckmorton Family saga, this one just didn't do it for me. I do love the author's sense of humor which is apparent in every one of the six books. Sangria Sunsets was from a very long time ago and the history of that time was just too foreign for me. Also, having no military background, a lot of the history was of military content and again I was just lost.
In one way I wish the books were in Chronological order. (That is the OCD coming through) And i
Pat
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
I received this as a review copy. I enjoyed the descriptions of the world after WWII, but I can't say as much for the story line. I find it difficult to believe that a man would have the government tell his wife and son he is MIA so he can spy for the US and let her die still believing he is MIA. I would not want to read others in the series. Nicholas Throckmorton is not a character to look up to.
Donna Bresnak
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from goodreads

this was a fun book, although if you haven't read the previous ones a little confusing to understand at first who the characters were. it is supposed to be a stand alone book, but would recommend reading the others in the series too.
Dawn Smith
Leland Lee
May 16, 2017
Jenn Swanger
May 16, 2017

• Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
  • The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • The Sentimental Journey: A Novel
  • The Blacksmith Brides: 4 Love Stories Forged by Hard Work
  • Summer of Suspense: Sixteen Tales By Some of Christian Fiction's Most Popular Mystery and Suspense Authors
  • Island of Sweet Pies and Soldiers
  • Unlucky Bumpkin (Country Cousin #5)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Bumpkin (Country Cousin #4)
  • The Lieutenant's Nurse
  • Humpty Bumpkin (Country Cousin #1)
  • String of Pearls (The Mulligan Sisters #3)
  • Mucky Bumpkin (Country Cousin #2)
  • Spunky Bumpkin (Country Cousin #3)
  • Splinter in the Blood (Carver and Lake #1)
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Edward R Hackemer lived in Western New York for 55 years before retiring from government service and moving to North Georgia; roughly halfway between Atlanta & North Carolina.
His college education was abbreviated by induction into the US Army in 1968. Ed's civilian employment history runs from paperboy, dishwasher, paper mill laborer, laboratory technician, warehous

Throckmorton Family (6 books)
  • In a Cream Packard (Throckmorton Family #1)
  • The Katydid Effect (Throckmorton Family #2)
  • A Bridge to Cross (Throckmorton Family #3)
  • Dollar to Doughnut (Throckmorton Family #4)
  • The Flying Phaeton (Throckmorton Family #5)