Start by marking “Awaken My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Awaken My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #3)

Awaken My Heart

(Tangled Hearts #3)

Lies have a way of coming back to haunt you—a lesson Ashley O’Neil learns the hard way when she runs into the man she shared a steamy night with over fourteen years ago. Now tangled in a web of deception, she’ll need to right a wrong and chance losing her heart to the very man she deceived.

An unexpected encounter with the woman he had a one-night stand with has
Published May 10th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press (first published March 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Awaken My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaken My Heart

Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Awaken My Heart is a solid, well written second chance romance. Ashley and Nick had a one night stand almost 15 years ago that gave her a beautiful, smart son, a son that Nick doesn't know about. She hasn't seen Nick in all this time, nor had she ever told him she had given birth to his son. But, when she runs into him after her car's tire goes flat, she knows she has to tell him. Nick has just gotten divorced from his self absorbed, grating wife and has two children with her: Gina, a moody 14 year o ...more
Dawn West
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Romance Review

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

A fourteen year old secret rocks one man's world.

When newly-divorced Nick spots an old flame on the side of the road, he has no idea that it's the beginning of a wild ride that will turn his whole life upside down. Ashley hasn't only moved back home, but she's brought a big secret with her too. One that will require some adjustments for Nick's whole family and a whole lot of patience.

Ashley m
Jessica Lauryn
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first story by Maria K. Alexander. What a treat! Awaken My Heart is fun, light and packed with romance! Hero Nick DiFrancesco is stunned to learned he fathered a child with the woman who got away, Ashley O'Neil. It isn't hard to see why the couple fell for each other years ago and once they cross paths again, their chemistry becomes unmistakable. Of course, there are complications for this couple - Nick's children aren't so happy to learn they have another sibling, there is the matte ...more
Jennifer Pierson
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ashley O'Neal had the greatest night of her life 14 years ago with a hookup that basically ruined her for other men. She also got the greatest gift as well. Living far away from home has made it easy to keep her secret, but she learns quickly that keeping secrets is never a great idea, especially when you come home again. Detective Nick DiFrancesco is divorced now and super cautious around women. That all changes when he runs into the woman that he never quite forgot about, who has just moved ho ...more
Mommaleena
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awaken My Heart (Tangled Hearts Series Book 3) by Maria K. Alexander
•Full Circle
This is not only my 1st Tangled Heart series book but my first Maria Alexander book, but the series is now going on my to be read list! Each book is its own standalone HEA love story and I can't wait to read more!! Sometimes in life you get a second chance, what you ultimately do with that chance is up to you. But when there's also a secret that could ruin your second chance..... Well then what? You'll h
JoAnn
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC via Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.

A terrific romance all about second chances at love. The book is well written and has a great storyline. I recommend this book.
J.B.
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Compelling contemporary romance that managed to be both sweet and hot! I was immediately invested in not only the hero and heroine but their children as well! Stayed up way too late reading, and loved every word!
(note: this is third in Alexander's Tangled Hearts series but totally fine to read as a standalone.)
Rubina
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, steamy and lovely with gripping characters and a flowing prose. I loved it and would recommend it to everyone. The book was a one sit read for me. I can't wait to read more from the author.
C bond
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

Well written, good read. I enjoyed this book.
Tracy- OMGReads
Awaken My Heart is an emotional, mature, second chance romance. Ashley and Nick made a connection years ago, and when they finally see each other again, the spark is still there.

Ashley is a strong, independent woman, with zero interest in sharing her heart. She's a single mom to a son. Nick is freshly divorced, sexy and the two aren't prepared to see each other again. From there is a wonderful story about family, trust, and love.

I so enjoyed reading Awaken My Heart. Ashley and Nick have a realistic s
Yvonne Cruz
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Prior to this book, I had not read any books by this talented author, and I now am a fan. I loved it. If like me , you have not read the previous two books, do not worry. It’s a stand alone.
This stories centers around Detective Nick DiFrancesco , and Ashley O’Neil. These two met years ago and had a one stand night. Something neither had ever done. Ashley disappeared and Nick never saw her again. She’s back in Philly and accidentally runs into Nick. She has secrets she has keep from him, but rea
Maggie Hesseling
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Nick's marriage is over. All he has left is to make sure his kids are well taken care of, and that his ex-wife leaves him alone. But that doesn't work for long. On his way to his daughter's school he runs into an old flame. One he didn't imagine he'd see again. And one that's kept a secret from him for the last 16 years.

I couldn't put this novel down. I was immediately sucked into the lives of all the characters. I love their stories, their flaws, and their hilarity. I really enjoyed the style
Kym
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Sweet second chance romance with the complications of family thrown in!

Nick and Ashley haven't seen one another for 14 years, when they shared one passionate night together. A chance encounter due to her having a flat tire and him stopping to help her out, changes everything.

I can't really share more without giving away the story but if you love second chance romances with surprises, loud families and some suspense thrown in, you'll love this story!

Annette Vliet
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a breath taking story. M.K. Alexander did a great job by writing this story. Single mother Asley and a recently devorced father of two children and working as a cop Nick, meet again after 14 years. They both lived their lives and now they have to find out if there is a future for them and their families. But being a cop means action, interuption and sometimes danger.
I had a great time reading this wonderful romance.
Mia Lansford
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the summer months coming, Awaken My Heart is a perfect beach read. Great dialogue, fun scenes and a second chance at love that keeps you turning the pages for more.
Dana Arden
Mary Cloud
Brandi Dawn

• Unexpected Family
  • Can't Miss Christmas
  • Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)
  • Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #1)
  • The Irishman's Christmas Gamble (Wager of Hearts #2.5)
  • Tap Out (Worth the Fight, #2)
  • Steele Ridge: The Beginning
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Christmas at Copper Mountain (Taming of the Sheenans #1, Copper Mountain Christmas #4)
  • Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)
  • The Return
  • You Say It First (Happily Inc, #1)
  • The Next Best Thing (Gideon's Cove, #2)
  • Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4)
  • The Atlas Defect (The NightShade Forensic Files #3)
  • My Life at Sweetbrier: A Life Changed by Horses
  • An End to the Thrill
  • A License to Wed (Rebellious Brides, #2)
A romantic at heart, Maria K. Alexander spent hours as a young girl getting lost in and wishing to be one of the heroines in the stories she read. Books gave her the ability to go to another world where she loved meeting new characters, learning about their problems, and watching them fall in love.

Maria is an award-winning author of Contemporary Romance. When not writing, Maria loves to read, bak

Tangled Hearts (4 books)
  • Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)
  • Forever in My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #2)
  • Believe in My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #4)