Start by marking “The Songbird Sisters (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Songbird Sisters (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #3)

The Songbird Sisters

(The Songbirds of Darling Bay #3)

A FULL-LENGTH STANDALONE, a great entry into the world of international bestseller Rachael Herron's sexy and hilarious books, and the third and final installment in the Darling Songbird trilogy.

When their world-famous band The Darling Songbirds split up acrimoniously, sisters Adele, Molly and Lana went their separate ways. A decade on, Adele and Molly have finally reconci
Published April 4th 2017 by HGA Publishing (first published April 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Songbird Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Songbird Sisters

Start your review of The Songbird Sisters (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #3)
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

(Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review)

This book was a wonderful end to a fantastic series. We finally got Lana's story and it was so heartfelt and sweet; not only the romance between her and Taft, but also the relationship with her sisters.

(view spoiler)
T. Rosado
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, rom-com, 2017

4.5 STARS!

I so love Rachael Herron's Darling Bay books and how each separate series within this town intersect. Always readable as standalones, but if you've dipped into either of the other two additional Darling Bay book series' (Firefighters of DB or Ballard Brothers,) you will enjoy reconnecting with familiar characters.

The Songbird Sisters revisits Adele and Molly Darling, but this book is baby sister Lana Darling's story. Following in her sister's footsteps, Lana Darling returns to Darling
Kristen
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Darling Songbird series. Lana's story is emotional, touching, frustrating, and filled with love. I loved the story, the healing of relationships and individuals, I enjoyed getting to catch up with what's happening with Molly and Adele, it was fun to have Jake Ballard join the story (plus a visit by Tox and Colin, two of the firefighters of Darling Bay), and I especially loved the chemistry between Taft and Lana! Thanks for another great story, Rachael!
Marrije
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it - super-hot, super-feminist romance. I think I loved this one best of the whole series. <3 ...more
A Klue
Well, there is no easy way to say this, my fellow romance book loving friends, so I’ll just be blunt. Book 3 of The Songbirds of Darling Bay series felt mostly out of tune to this reviewer. From the confusion over the final title (Goodreads has it listed as The Songbird’s Home, but Amazon and NetGalley list it as The Songbird’s Sisters) to the at times inconsistent quality of writing to one of the weirdest, poorly written bedroom scenes I’ve ever encountered, by 40% I realized I was forcing myse ...more
A Klue
Fate's Lady
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is quite possibly my favorite Rachael Herron book since the ones (set in Cypress Hollow) that drew me to her work as an author. Lana is the youngest Darling Songbird, and has always felt left out of the closeness that her two older sisters share. When she finally finds financial success as a song writer in Nashville, she knows she can return home to Darling Bay with her head held high, retire completely from the world of music, and fix up the dilapidated inn that's her part of the sisters' ...more
Becky Burciaga
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having read Adele and Molly's stories, the culmination of the series with Lana's story was emotional. While Adele and Molly have reconciled, Lana has remained separated from her sisters. Lana has done well for herself, but with her remaining distanced from her sisters, it was difficult to connect to her character and identify why she chose to stay separated from her sisters.

As the story progresses, Ms Herron works her magic in drawing you towards Lana in order to create an understanding of her
Sharondblk
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. For romance books, the characters have real depth. Molly is not all about finding romantic love, she's about her past and her sisters and her career. Struggles exist outside the finding a man to love aspect of the book.

The romantic struggles are there, for sure. The main male lead is wonderful and, again, a rounded character.

Not only was it up to the quality of the previous books in the series, but all my favourite characters made a visit, which is always delightful, without
Jessica
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I pretty much read this book overnight.
A little disappointing with not a lot of follow through with the other sisters. Was hoping for a better story for Lana, after all she was the most hesitant of the three with a lot of mystery surrounding her life. Yes, there were explanations but with this being the last book, I think Ms Herron just rushed through to finish the series.
Pat Christie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third book in series

Lana the baby sister comes home, angry, hurting and running from Tate Hill a man she could love. Tate follows her and they go through a lot before finding there way to love
Karen O'Conor
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read the other two books in this series. I liked them enough to pay full price for this one. This book had an unexpected theme which was handled well. I don't want to give away the plot. But, the whole thing was very well done.
Hanna
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

This incredible book is one of the most emotionally real books I have ever read. Like life, it has some truly painful moments, but also luminous ones. Rachael Herron has joined my very short list of favorite authors.
Fiona Mackie
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, romance
I'm very sad to come to the end of this series as I've loved reading about the Darling sisters. I'm looking forward to reading more by Rachael Herron as well.
Sallie Page
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of the three books I found this one the hardest to read. I did not like Lana as much as Molly and Adele. Still a good storyline though.
Vicki Robe
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although I haven't read the earlier books in the series I enjoyed this book and if I happen to see the earlier bookd I would definately get them.
Norma Reasor
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed this trilogy so much and hate to leave it. I fell in love with the characters and the town.
Ashlee
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed all three of the books in this series. liked that each sister had their own issues to work out.
Carrie
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute series that I blew through reading. Obviously had to quickly read this books that concludes trilogy.
Alison Hydes
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read in the third book of this series. The Darling sisters all back together.
Megan
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, cowboys
Only read the 3rd book but really liked it.
Tina Miller
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very nice wrap-up.
Bea
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I've been reading light romances during the shelter in place order. I like Rachael Herron's books because I can easily relate to the characters and they are fun. Perfect pandemic getaway.
Yvonne
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive, kindle
This book is amazing! How do you woo a girl who has been physically hurt before? How do you trust a man when you have been intimately hurt before? This book talks about rape and self blame, love and sisterhood, all in the lovely world of Darling Bay. I think Rachael Herron has outdone herself with how beautifully well written this book is.
Charlotte Dixon
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Rachael's work and this is the second Songbird novel I've read (read a ton of her other series). I started out not quite as enthralled with this one. The beginning felt a bit slow to me, and of course I knew exactly where it was going. I mean, c'mon, that's why we read genre, right? But the pace picked up and I really got into it. I especially enjoyed the character of Taft Hill, the sweet-talking (and singing) country star who knows what he wants (Lana, our heroine) when he sees ...more
Karen G
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite returns to Darling Bay! I loved the story of Lana and Taft, and finding out what Lana's view of the Songbird's rise and fall. Anyone that has siblings can appreciate the childhood relationships that follow us into adulthood and the impact those relationships can continue to have on our choices. The challenges Taft was facing with his music, coupled with Lana's experiences and goals, made for a story that I didn't want to put down (in fact, I read this one in one sitting on a S ...more
Tami
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: herron
4.5

Maybe it's because I'm the baby in my own family, but I identified with this character. I loved this book.

Stella
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved getting to know the third songbird sister and her troubling background. I just disliked reading the details. However, like all in the series, the characters are wonderfully resilient and believably endearing. I welcomed them again. I love visiting Darling Bay and want to return.
Anna
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
3.5 really, why are there no half stars? I liked this series a lot, but I have to say I preferred the first two to this one, maybe it's my aversion to books with characters who are famous and rich. Anyway, it was an enjoyable read that I flew through like all of Rachael's other books and I'm glad that I now know what happened to all the sisters. Darling Bay is always an interesting place to read about!

I received a copy of this book from Rachael in return for an honest review.
Debi Maige
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another charmer to finish out the series...Rachel Herron does it again and doesn't disappoint!

• The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • Christmas in Darling Bay
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek)
  • The Castle Mountain Lodge Collection: Books 5-8
  • Second Chance at Christmas Inn: A Sweet Small Town Christmas Romance (Love Tries Again Book 3)
  • Belle's Secret (Outback Brides Book 2)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Stay (Code of the West #3; Tanner Brothers #3)
  • Rescuing Emma (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • The American Heiress (Lords of Scandal Book 2)
  • Fire at Dusk (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #3)
  • Fire at Sunset (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #4)
  • Fire at Dawn (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #2)
  • Wild Man (Wild Men, #1)
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Colton  (Wild Men, #2)
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
  • House Rules (Joe DeMarco, #3)

The Songbirds of Darling Bay (3 books)
  • The Darling Songbirds (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #1)
  • The Songbird's Call (The Songbirds of Darling Bay, #2)