Start by marking “Clueless: Senior Year” as Want to Read:
Clueless: Senior Year

Clueless: Senior Year

Haven't got your hands on the newest installment of this 90's teen phenomenon? As if!

Your favorite girls from Beverly Hills are back in an all-new adventure! It’s senior year and Cher, Dionne, and Tai find themselves in a bit of a crisis of self… Where are they meant to go, and what are they meant to DO after high school? Luckily they have all year—and each other’s help—to
Published August 29th 2017 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Clueless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clueless

lit.erary.britt
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This follows Cher, Dionne, and Tai through senior year, alternating their points of view with each change of season. The language and fashion are spot-on and the artwork is really beautiful. I’m a massive Clueless fan so I had high hopes. Nothing earth shattering here, but it was a fun little read.
✩ Ashley ✩
3.5 Stars

I needed this fluff today! It was a shameless guilty pleasure. So, was it as good as the cult-classic?

*AS IF!!!*

...but it definitely allowed me to lose a few brain cells while diving into nostalgic bliss!! It was as girly as it could get with Cher, D, and Tai. Yup, it’s been too long Clueless...

BlogTwitterInstagram
Christy
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the best part of my week.
tony dillard jr
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it

Clueless Senior Year follows Cher Horowitz and her friends Dionne and Tai almost immediately after the first film ends. Cher's relationship with Josh has been put on hold while she's struggles to find herself before graduation. Dionne has gotten fed-up with how boyfriend Murray has been treating her. So she decides to run for class president against him. Meanwhile, former ugly duckling Tai must choose between her dream of going to art school or running her aunt's apple farm after she inherits it
The Library Ladies
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
(originally reviewed at thelibraryladies.com )

One of my all time favorite movies is “Clueless”. When I first saw it in fifth grade (my mom brought it home for us to watch together), I was immediately drawn to Cher Horowitz, our well meaning but flawed protagonist. I wanted to be her, wanted to live her life and be as clever and kind as she was. As an adult I still aspire to live up to her standards, so when I saw that a new graphic novel about Cher and her friends was coming out, I was SUPER ex
Astrea
May 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, comic, read-2018
2.5/5

Unlike a lot of people I didn't grow up having watched Clueless. In fact my first exposure to it came from watching reruns of the short-lived tv show. It wasn't until I was an older teen/adult that I finally got the chance to watch the movie and while I enjoyed it at the time I don't think I really cared. Rewatching it now as an adult-adult it's funny and charming and a total throwback to growing up in the 90s and I could see why people love it so much.

Yet, I went into this with really low
Scott
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this. It's not great.

What I wanted to be a time capsule of that exaggerated yet relatable Beverly Hills high school experience ended up being a weird hybrid of then and now, ravaged by the last 20 years. Tai's lesbian aunt bequeaths her an apple orchard. Dion runs for class president against her doofy, yet eloquent boyfriend. (One thing this book does right is maintain the characters' loquaciousness, even if it's a bit off. There are some writers that are just tough to emulate, like them
Gaby
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF'd after Tai's chapter.

The art is gorgeous, so colorful which I love. Being a die hard Clueless fan, I was expecting so much more. As another person pointed out, the dialogue feels forced in that it's trying too hard to sound like the movie. A lot of the lines are recycled right out of it without really adding anything new. I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't get through it😢
Ruth Klassert
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s such a cute, fluffy read. I don’t think I’d recommend it to anyone who wasn’t a girl in the 90s, but it’s perfect if you’ve that experience behind you. I’m only doing a 3/5 because I felt the story line could’ve been a bit deeper & some of the original Clueless brand humor was missing in this comic, but it was so cute other than that!
Krystal
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I want to like this for so many reasons. But it needs to figure itself out first.
Annie Laflèche
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
BD super légèrement comme ce film culte des années 90, mais de toute façon c'est ça qu'on veut ! J'adore Cheer, mais Taï reste ma favorite!
Rachel
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy hell, I love Clueless. The movie is one of my favorites and I'm so happy I found this book! Awesome and definitely not a Monet!
Denisa
i can't wait to read this!!! it's clueless!!! but also: it's also being illusrated by one of my fave artists siobhanchiffon!!! ofc im going to pick this up and cry when i look at her linework
ElphaReads
Given that CLUELESS is one of my favorite movies of all time, this graphic novel had a lot to live up to. But I had to get it, of course, as not only is it CLUELESS, it's written by Amber Benson and Sarah Kuhn. So I finally got it from the library, and sat down with it today.

After the events of the movie have wrapped up, Cher, Dionne, and Tai are trying to figure out what they want to do after high school is over. Ms. Geist gives an assignment to all of her students to try and decide who they wa
Fernanda
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5
Eu reassisti o filme ontem e por isso achei que fosse um bom momento pra ler essa graphic.
Foi. E não foi. Apesar de achar que foi uma ÓTIMA adaptação (os figurinos, as falas e as personalidades dos personagens ainda estão ali do jeitinho fofo que sempre estiveram) sinto como se a história não se sustentasse por si só.
Não sei se o ponto que estou tentando expor faz sentindo. Tenho noção de que o objetivo não é ser um produto para quem não consumiu o filme mas acho que a menos que você goste M
Haley
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
In light of the recent confirmation of the Off-Broadway debut of Clueless, I decided to finally pick this volume up.

The comic is lighthearted, fun, and vibrant, basically exactly what you would expect from Cher, Dionne, and Tai. Each of the four chapters follow the characters through different seasons. Cher narrates two of the seasons while Dionne and Tai each narrate one.

Positives
-getting to know Dionne and Tai better
-Dionne’s girl power moment
-the colors
-the outfits
-how distinctive the dialo
Lisa Buchanan
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would have given this one five stars solely in recognition of a sweet queer storyline, a reference to my home province, and my deep and abiding love for Amber Benson.

However, assuming the characters' senior year is 1995-96 based on the film's release in summer 1995, there are a couple of anachronisms that threw me off, namely, use of the term "spoiler alert" and a lengthy description of the Spice Girls parting ways with their original management company that, while contemporaneous (and a nice
Emma
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Aesthetically, this was great! Siobhan Keenan really captured the 90s feel brilliantly with the cute backgrounds, great pastel colours, and fun layout. The art was really perfect and very 90s!

However, the story fell a little flat for me. It was missing that extra pizaz that made the characters so likeable in the film. It really lacked the funny dialogue and any real depth to the characters. Whilst it was easy to read, I wish they'd gone a little deeper with the characterisation and romances.

The
Kat (the_bookish_kat)
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
this graphic novel was okay.

i LOVED the artwork!! it was so cute, colorful, and fun!! and i would love to read more graphic novels by the illustrator!!

i didn't like the fact that these characters made a lot of decisions that they normally wouldn't have made. they just didn't act like themselves, to me at least. i wasn't a fan of the divided plot either, because only one of the 3 plots came full circle at the end, and i would've liked to see all 3 plots come full circle.

if you are a fan of Cluele
Bailey Johnk
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is really a 2.5 star rating. I saw this at the library, shrieked, and immediately picked it up because Clueless is one of my favorite teen movies and I was so excited to see what they did with Cher’s world. The art and the writing was cute and colorful, but it wasn’t amazing. I know these characters aren’t the most intellectual already but I also felt like the storyline was lacking. I’ve read way better graphic novels than this. I will give them mad props on the sophisticated valley girl di ...more
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3.5/5 This story follows Cher, Dionne, and Tai as they embark on their senior year of high school. The girls are charged with finding their true selves so they move forward into their futures with a clear sense of what they want and who they want to be. However, Cher suffers an identity crisis, Dionne is left Batman-less, and Tai is stuck between a hard place and a rock. This was light and cute story that tackles big questions while simultaneously feeling superficial.
Ren Strange
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually really enjoyed this story! It felt like an authentic and organic continuation of the original story. Dionne and Tai were fleshed out as their own characters more, each getting their own POV chapter. They're not just Cher's friends or projects. In fact, Cher wound up being my least favorite of the trio in this graphic novel, as opposed to my favorite in the movie. Definitely check this out if you're a Clueless fan!
Abigail
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOSH THIS WAS PURE BEAUTY.
I love the movie Clueless and this was a perfect continuation of the story. The dialogue matched the movie dialogue perfectly, and the characterization was spot-on. I love the portrayal of the friendship between the three girls. Each girl had their own story and struggle they needed to work out with the help of their friends. And the art is so fun.
Full review to come soon!
Stacie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fiction
Reading this, I thought the authors did a great job at including slang from the '90s, and making the movie characters we all know and love sound like themselves. I also thought the mixtapes were a great touch to the book! Overall, I would recommend to all Clueless fans, as I think this is a great addition to the franchise.
Romany
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This was so specific! I loved it because I’ve watched the movie a thousand times, and know all the references, but god help you if you attempt this one after having been in a coma in the 90s, or like, not born yet.
Colleen
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite what I was expecting - I thought it'd be a bit lighter but it had some pretty good depth. The art was amazing and I liked the approach of telling the story through the seasons but I wish the three stories had been intertwined instead of separated out.
Adria Reaver
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is:

An easy read
Refreshing
Friendship centred
Girly thing

All of the things I wanted to read right now! I LOVED IT!

I didn't love that much the Cher's story at first, but D's and Tai's were JUST GORGEOUS!

I am excited for THE LAST SUMMER!

4/5 stars
Ame
A wonderful follow-up to the classic 90s film! One thing I especially love about this sweet dose of friendship fare is that Tai and Dionne get their own respective chapters and their own stories to fill out their characters a bit more.
Catherine Doherty
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS! It embodies all of the characters from the movie and gives them more story. The colours in particular stand out and emote what all the characters are feeling amazingly. Essential reading.
Casey Clementine
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clueless is one of my Top 5 favorite movies and I feel like Sarah Kuhn and Amber Benson really got the feel for Cher, Dionne, and Tai. I absolutely loved this and also I am totally making a playlist of all the songs in this comic for reasons
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »