Start by marking “Losing Hope” as Want to Read:
Losing Hope

Losing Hope

For the last year and a half, you could sum up my life in one word… disastrous.
One simple phone call was all it took
to change my life forever.
If I could go back and do it again, what would I change?
Everything.

What should have been one of the best days of my life turned into the absolute worst.
Cast in a shadow that turns my days dark, and my nights even darker.
Before
Kindle Edition
Published March 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Losing Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Hope

Raj
Mar 19, 2017 Raj rated it did not like it
Aɤɩ
Apr 04, 2017 Aɤɩ rated it did not like it
First thing you should know is that I DNFed this book at 49%. And I never ever DNF a book if I can help it.

Conclusion?

It was just that bad. Like mindblowingly, breathtakingly bad.

Question-

Was this book written by a 15 year old? Because I remember reading a book written by a friend when we were 15, and it's safe to say that this book is worse. Way way worse.

When you start a book by killing off the mother of the main character, while said main character holds the mother's hand, while both of the
The Romance Rebels ~ Julia
5 I am #TEAMIAN Stars

Losing Hope by Heidi Lis has left me in a very emotional state.
I laughed, cried my eye balls out, and wanted to throw my kindle against the wall a couple of times.
I read a lot, and I must say right here and now that this book has left a huge impression on my heart. I will forever cherish reading Losing Hope. I got goosebumps, and shivers reading page after page.

The story begins with Hope Emerson.....
She is lost, alone, and heartbroken.
The life she once knew is gone.

Now
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
I'm sorry the infamous pun but I lost hope when reading this book.
Becca
Mar 08, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing
description

Wow. This book is beyond amazing. Believe me, when I say it. Just believe me and read this story. You won’t be disappointed.
I’ve read a lot of books about grief and loss but this book is one of the most complete, most amazing books ever.

description

It’d be so easier to say I’m totally speechless. This story totally took my breath away. It was my first book from Heidi Lis, buti f I knew she writes with such a power, I’d grabbed her other stories way more earlier. Her writing style is hands down amazing. The
elizarey
Mar 17, 2017 elizarey rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-_netgalley
3.5 Stars!!
Review To Come
Konny
Mar 09, 2017 Konny rated it it was amazing
Losing Hope by Heidi Lis is a stand alone romance novel

Hope Emerson was in a horrible car accident, her mother dies and she is severely injured. She was in a coma for some time.
With the help from her friends and family she slowly, very slowly puts her life back together.

She mourns her mother and there she meets Ian. They have feelings for each other, but he leaves.
Then is there Damien, she seeshim and bam, she faints. Both have this crazy insta-chemistry.
Things should be so easy between them. He
Ana Rita
Mar 20, 2017 Ana Rita rated it it was amazing
Do you know for how long I was waiting for a new book from this author? Let's just say it looked like years instead of months. If I didn't loved this author I wouldn't have minded but I really, really love her.
Heidi Lis is a sweet sweet woman with a huge heart. Her writing is simple, appealing, intense with a little kinky stuff into the mix. She puts her heart into each book and this one she nailed it.
Losing Hope is a breathtaking book that tells Hope's story.
Hope was a happy girl, with a bea
Paula  Phillips
Apr 12, 2017 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it

I have to admit when I picked up this book, I was in the mood for an ugly cry novel . This did touch me a bit but wasn't as an emotional ride as I had expected it would be. The book starts on the day of Hope's birthday and her ex-boyfriend contacts her , she goes over to his house and an argument erupts. Hope's mother arrives and then on the way home , disaster strikes. Months later , Hope is trying to piece back her life after tragedy struck . On the day she feels she is ready to move on, she h
Tracy  Kalvin
Mar 19, 2017 Tracy Kalvin rated it really liked it
A unique, emotional story, Losing Hope was a different type of romance.

This book broke my heart and almost ruined me. It made me sad, angry, and every emotion between the two, over and over. I was gasping and rereading to make sure I was processing everything correctly. I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall. I couldn't believe what I was reading, the story is an amazingly addictive mix of beautiful times and awful times. The characters are damaged, but full of life. The supporting cast w
Inayah Afri
Mar 21, 2017 Inayah Afri rated it it was amazing
" Hope is stronger than fear"

Hope has been through unimaginable pain. She has lost the will to live her life, until she meets a boy at the cemetery. He is the one to make her want to live again, but is he the one to make her heart soar?

Or is it the man she met at the bar that reminds her of her favorite bookboyfriend? The one that makes her feel things she never felt before. ( i wish i would meet someone that reminds me of one of my book boyfriends, i would stalk the ish out him.)

Who will she ch
KFForever
Mar 20, 2017 KFForever rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Klaire Sutherland for #KFF

Firstly, I need to mention how beautiful the cover for Losing Hope is; apt and befitting. A cover must catch the reader's eye, entice them to look further and this works wonderfully. Heidi Lis is not an author I have read before, I had a quick look on site and realised she had other works already published. I’m happy to say after reading this book I would likely read more from her. Fluent writing style, conveying emotions well. Solid plot line, im
Tanaka - The Romantic Angel Blog
Wow, what a truly amazing book filled with so much loss, pain and tragedy that I certainly had tears in my eyes while I was read. Never I had a book that pulled me in so deep and make me so emotional that all my of me was just shaking. This is my first book by Heidi Lis and I was definitely impressed by her words that reflected such deep love, pain and sorrow. I fell in love with everything about it. I was drowned in it.

Losing Hope is about Hope Emerson, a young woman who went through such a dee
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 26, 2017 Julie Gustafson-Monk rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books...

I loved this book from page one to the very last page. Heidi Lis blew me away with her writing and the ability to keep my interest from the very beginning. This book was amazing. I absolutely loved how strong Hope was thought out the book. Even in her weakest moment she remained strong. If that statement doesn't make sense, you will understand by the time you finish this book.

I fell in love with Ian from the moment he was introduced in this book. He
Saraj O'donald
Mar 21, 2017 Saraj O'donald rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars writer!!

This is my second encounter with Heidi Lis her books.

I absolutely love the plot of this book! Although it took me a while to get in to the story because of a book hangover. Rest assured that was all my fault.
For those of you looking for a light read this isn't it!
The heroine goes through something horrendous. Totally everyones nightmare, but thankfully can slowly move on with her life after a strange encounter at the cemetery no less. You would think that that would be enough..
Clare
Mar 23, 2017 Clare rated it it was amazing
That was so very sad and touching, After reading the blurb i wasn't sure what to expect and that was it lol, In a good way, I really felt for hope and all that she goes thought, This is a story that made me feel a lot and I'm glad i read this.
Klaire
Mar 21, 2017 Klaire rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Kindle Friends Forever Blog.

You can find that review here - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Sarah MacDougall
Mar 21, 2017 Sarah MacDougall rated it really liked it
**This ARC was provided to me in exchange for an honest review**

This book definitely took me on a loop. From what I read in the synopsis, I was so curious as to what it could be about. I had an idea, but I was wrong. I was totally not expecting the book to be about what it was. From the first chapter I was sucked into this emotional roller-coaster. Not really expecting what I was reading, I had a mountain of emotions to get through. Both heart-wrenching and heartwarming, and both sad and happine
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
An emotional story that will tear you apart.....but still give you hope

LOSING HOPE is the first book that I have read by Heidi Lis. I must say that I feel like I have done this author an injustice by not reading any of her previous works, a situation I will most definitely rectify in the near future. But getting back to the book on hand, LOSING HOPE, was a wonderful and unforgettable read.

Hope is a woman whose life has been filled with tragedy, a car accident in which her mother dies and she i
Aisling Cooper
Mar 24, 2017 Aisling Cooper rated it liked it
Losing hope - 3.5 stars

This book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster through loss, grief, dealing with guilt and re building yourself after a devastating loss.

Hope after surviving a tragic accident that left her both physically and emotionally scared has to try and find how to live her life again without one of the most important persons in her life. She also has to learn to leave the guilt she feels behind and realise that she didn't cause the accident.

Ian is a sweet gentle guy that is a
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 24, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE this author, and yet, I can't help but call her colorful metaphors for the extreme emotional journey that she took me on with this story! My dramatic girly girl emotions will never be put back in lock down after Losing Hope. I'm not going to describe any of it, just my extreme emotions. I swear that every emotion known to man came out of me throughout the whole story, as Hope is permanently etched on my heart, and I physically felt all of her pain. I laughed hard, got mad and n ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 22, 2017 Wendy Livingstone rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow!! Heidi Lis has done it again!! Hope has suffered a tragic loss as well as being heartbroken over a manipulative ex boyfriend. Will she overcome and heal, and get her HEA? You really, really, need to read this one for yourself!! No spoilers from me!
Let me first just say that I adore this authors work, and she never disappoints, but this one; wow! This is a powerful, emotional rollercoaster journey, and a truly beautifully written story. In my opinion, Heidi has outdone herself with
Rejane
Mar 22, 2017 Rejane marked it as no-way-jose
Not my kind of plot. AT ALL

Betsy
Apr 07, 2017 Betsy rated it it was amazing
When I reviewed a book. I don't review based on how I wanted to be ended or how I was expecting it the main characters to be. Some people won't understand the ending and will criticized, if we as a reader read and comprehend beyond what is the meaning of Ian and Hope relationship. When you know someone weakness moment. When her whole world was crumbling down due to the guilt of her mother's death. He brought a little hope to Hope. Damien relationship is diff and another's can't understand the re ...more
Angela
Mar 25, 2017 Angela rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting watching her story unfold with Ian. That wasn’t really what I expected. I expected it to be more about her healing after the accident. Although, I loved the book boyfriend. That was a great touch. The more I read this book, the more of this book I wanted. You will be dumbfounded as you muddle your way through tears watching Hope come back stronger than ever.
Ashley
Mar 24, 2017 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily writing a review.

This book wrecked me! It has so many emotions that run through you while reading it. I cried so much, and laughed, but mostly cried from all my heartbreak. If you're not in an emotionally sound state wait until then to get absolutely wrecked by this novel. I need a day to recover!

This is the first book I've read by Ali's and I am no disappointed! Her writing flows so easily. I'm able to see the characters clearly in my mind and
Edith Dubielak
Apr 07, 2017 Edith Dubielak rated it it was amazing
Losing Hope by Author Heidi Lis is an inspirational romance. An emotional roller coaster, but at the same time give you HOPE that there is light despite all the darkness. I have read every book Heidi has written so far and like her previous amazing books, she did not disappoint me. Losing Hope is my favorite book that I have read this year so far.

We first meet Hope on a day that should be a happy time but soon turns to a day that will haunt her with pain, sorrow, guilt towards her actions, hatr
Tracie Simister
Format: Kindle eBook
Published on: Mar 18, 2017

I voluntarily reviewed a Free Courtesy Advanced Reader Copy of this book
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
Summary Paragraph: The best day of her life ended up being the worst. Will Hope make it through and find what we all hope for?
>-<
Lisa
Mar 22, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
A tragic, emotional roller coaster of a read. Box of tissues is essential.

Hope starts out hopeful on a day that turns out to be the worst of her life. Events tear her apart and she loses hope. A chance encounter Ian brings her hope again and helps her rebuild her life. But life has other plans for this sweet couple and takes them in other directions. Enter Damian and an intense connection but life is not always better on the other side.

We need to seize opportunities that come our way and never g

Heidi grew up in the Midwest, but currently resides with her husband and four children in the Pacific Northwest.

Heidi most enjoys spending time outdoors with her family. Between raising her children and obsessing over her favorite reads, she has let the storyteller within herself come to life.

With the love and support from her family, she is following her dream. At the same time teaching her child
More about Heidi Lis...