Start by marking “Long Live Dead Reckless (Long Live Dead Reckless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Long Live Dead Reckless (Long Live Dead Reckless, #1)

Long Live Dead Reckless

(Long Live Dead Reckless #1)

Talor Gardin may be a princess, but her life is no fairy tale.

After her mother dies and her father burns down their house, she finds herself limping through life working a minimum wage job to finish her last semester of college. To make matters worse, she gets itchy every time a guy makes a move on her.

The itch could be anything, really: a desire to escape her haunted ho
Paperback, Second, 478 pages
Published March 17th 2017 by Calibre Creek Publishing (first published July 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Long Live Dead Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Live Dead Reckless

Start your review of Long Live Dead Reckless (Long Live Dead Reckless, #1)
Wendy Craft
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book! From the first few pages, it grabbed me and I couldn't put it down. I love the familiarity of the setting and just love the characters. I won't spoil anything, but the ending left me screaming!! I can not wait for the next one!!!

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3.5 Cranky Stars

Talor knows loss. She lost her mother and then seemingly a year later her father loses his mind and ends up in a mental institution. She lives with her grandmother and all seems normal and boring and well just life. She is floundering in college and holds a part time job at a nursery for a gym. One coworker seems to be a man whore of epic proportions and one is aloof but probably for good reasons. It’s the aloof one she has her heart set on. Her life is about to fall into a weird
Tracey
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Talor Gardin, who has lost her mother and then her father ends up in a mental institute.
Fighting off the advances of Spencer who then strangely disappears Sage suddenly shows some interest in her and this is where things start seeming funny, the feeling of being watched all the time, people keep calling her Princess.
Sage, singer in the band called Dead Reckless, also works part time at the gym with Talor and weird thing
Dana Betten-Wolff
This was so good! 😍
Tequila Leverette
I don't usually read this genre of books, but this one was definitely a page turner! I couldn't put it down. The suspense kept me wanting more. Just when I thought I knew what would happen in the succeeding chapters, the plot thickens! I can't wait for the sequel!
Tiffany
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With every chapter from beginning to end I found myself wondering would what happen next. The cliffhanger ending left me impatiently awaiting the release of the sequel next spring!
Patty
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first Safari Spell book that I have read and I got to say, I need the next book like a kid wants candy.  ;)

In this paranormal adventure Talor is like a lot of young adults.  She goes to college, lives with her grandmother and works in a gym.  Normal?  Yeah right!  Her father is in an institution and her mother died when she was little.  I would say she is troubled and a tad lonely.  She has some really good friends, but they don't cure the part deep in her soul where she yearns for s
Candyce Kirk
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to say the sypnosis was a bit confusing. It seemed like a contemporary story, but then with vampires and Talor is a princess, but isn't at the same time. At least not the princess we first think about after hearing that word. This book is pretty long and to be honest, I thought it started off pretty slow. It wasn't until about the halfway point that it started getting really interesting. Little things happened up to that point, but it didn't seem like it fit together for awhile. Talor def ...more
Claire Cronin
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Safari Spell, I was very intrigued by the blurb, it sounded quite a different kind of PNR read, so was all for giving it a go!!

Taylor has had some hard knocks in life - she has lost her mum and her dad burned down their house and is in a mental institution. She is currently living with her Grandma, but is struggling through college having to work at a nursery in the local gym to get by. She fancies the pants off her new co-worker in the gym, Sage, but he is very distant
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Vampire rock band! How crazy cool is that?! Woot woot.
OK this book started out normal enough (actually a good 1/3 of it), then at a party (of course, everything weird happens at a party) Talor's "date/but not date" changes... into something - she's not sure what or even if it really happened. Because after all - could something that strange really happen - she was drinking. Always blame it on the alcohol. But then her hot crush, Sage, tells her he's a vampire! Whaaat? For real?

From there the s
Lenni Jones
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-and-special
At first, I hated this book and that made me scared because I’m going to be on the blog tour for it in March. But, I took a little break from the book, and then I fell in love! I don’t know what changed, though I think it could be the scenes with Sage in them. I love him and hate him, it’s all very confusing. Also, I can’t believe that the Sage from the beginning of the book is still the Sage from the end. He changes...A LOT.

The reason why I gave this book a three star rating is because the main
Bookishly
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
For my full review click here.
It wasn’t entirely clear what Long Live Dead Reckless was about from the start. The “supernatural” component was really convoluted and vague. And it didn’t even come in until almost the middle of the book.

Talor was really going back and forth in her thoughts and as a character, she really annoyed the hell out of me. Focused, almost solely, on this random guy, Sage. But she was feeling super attracted to the other guy Spencer.

I hated that. I lost patience for
Seneca W
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a friend recommended this book to me and when I heard the next one was coming out soon I knew now would be the perfect time to get caught up. I'm so glad I did! The imagery made me feel like I was watching a movie. The characters are genuine and real. I feel like Talor and Sage are friends of mine now and I'm rooting or them! I know a guy like Spencer IRL. I can't wait to find out what happens to everyone but especially Talor and Sage! Long live dead reckless!!
Kimaley
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man can't forget this book of your life depended on it.
Shawn Cheek
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am interested in this type of genre and found this to be not only an exciting read but kept me coming back for more. I highly suggest!!! Keep them coming.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, new-adult
Long Live Dead Reckless is one of the most original genre novels I've read. Shows like True Blood and Vampire Diaries have shaped our opinion of vampires in the last decade for better or worse. But our expectations of a familiar trope also allow new authors like Safari Spell to easily throw us for a loop. The characters all felt fresh and fully fleshed out and the paranormal elements were unique and intriguing. Unfortunately the book ended just as it was becoming interesting.

Personally I had a
Maberan Potato
Okay, first, WHY IS THE TEXT GRAY. I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. Was it colored on paper?? Because I have the Kindle version. AND THERE ARE NO COLORS ON KINDLE. GOD.

And then, the characters. Like, I've NEVER had a boyfriend, okay? And I know that her flirting is TERRIBLE. RIGHT AWAY she asks him what's his last name so she can play MASH? So that's either doing "Fiona Charming" all over again or using one of those stupid things where you write the name of your crush and yourself and see how much chemist
Maryjo Laupp
There were things about the book that I loved - the relationship between Sage and Talor was powerful - and things about the book that were just confusing - we never get a clear explanation as to exactly what Sage and his friends are. The synopsis made it sound like it was a dark paranormal romance but it took quite a while for the "paranormal" part to show up. I never really understood why Sage's bandmates refer to Talor as "Princess" and the disappearance of Spencer was never explained.

I love a
CB
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and up
This is not my typical genre but I was enthralled by the storyline and the author (she gave an inside view of what it's like to write a novel from start to finish on her website). I started and I couldn't put it down. I was reading the e-book on scroll mode so didn't realize that I was already so close to the end. I never saw it coming! I got to the end and thought... wait what?! It can't be over already! I'm not sure I can wait that long for the sequel, to find out what happens! The story is ex ...more
Janna
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
General info

Talor is an ordinary girl with a job, sick father and a dead mother. Until Sage turns up. After that unexplainable things start to happen. It’s a love story with a lot of twists and turns and a lot of danger.

Things I liked

I have to say I loved everything. The story is beautiful and it has so much happening in it, it never gets boring. There is drama, love and friendship. There is fallen angels and supernatural beings.
I really love the characters and how strong they are. This story
Lindy Hoppr
There are so many great aspects of the book; the relationships, the twists, the bad guys; but there are a lot of things that drove me nuts. Perhaps the princess aspect is more important in future sequels, but it seems that it's just thrown in without any implications. The band is not terribly well explained, the need for jobs is not well explained, the transitory friendships are frustrating. I really wanted to love this book, but just couldn't get it.

I received an advance review copy for free, a
Trina
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a confusing book in places, but I did enjoy it. There were a few characters with different personalities found some of them a bit far fetched, but then it is a book of supernaturals. Still don’t really know what the base story is all about will have to read the next one to find out. Found the ending a bit sad.

This is an advanced copy so I would hope the editing is improved before it is released, there are many mistakes.
Annie Fitzgerald
This was an exciting read with a new take on the Grigori and Nephiliam as well as vampires, werewolves and other creatures of the night. A true love story that ends in heartbreak and a cliffhanger that you can’t wait to finish.

I received an advanced review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Wendy Feagans
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me interested the whole time. I wanted so badly to finish it, but never wanted it to end. The characters are relatable and likable (except the ones you have to hate and boy do we!), and the supernatural side makes in intriguing and fun to read. Seriously awesome!!
Jodi Knight
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m was hooked within the first three pages. Read the entire book within 6 days because I couldn’t put it down. Can’t wait to get the next in the series. I highly recommend!
Nancy Fontaine
Aug 26, 2019
Tina
Dec 08, 2016
Gina
rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2017
Chrishawn Lewis
Aug 17, 2019
Karen Brightwell
Jan 24, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: ACE question 10 42 Mar 18, 2017 05:31PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please help meh. 3 29 Jun 22, 2016 03:29AM

• After Darkness Falls (After Darkness Falls, #1)
  • The Last Vampire: Book Five (The Last Vampire #5)
  • The Librarian's Vampire Assistant (The Librarian's Vampire Assistant #1)
  • Cruel Magic (Royals of Villain Academy, #1)
  • Shadow of Angels (Halfway Between #1)
  • Vile Sorcery (Royals of Villain Academy, #2)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Horrid Charms (Royals of Villain Academy, #4)
  • Sinister Wizardry (Royals of Villain Academy #3)
  • The Vampire Villain (Evil Rising #2)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Unhinged (Blood Bond Saga #4-6)
  • Eclairs, Scares & Haunted Home Repairs (Spells & Caramels, #9)
  • Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws (Spells & Caramels, #8)
  • The Keeper of the Book (The Eternity Road, #3)
  • Orphan Number Eight
  • Bat Wings, Rings & Apron Strings (Spells & Caramels, #10)
Safari Spell is the author of the paranormal romance series, Long Live Dead Reckless.

A native of Albany, Georgia, she now lives in North Georgia with her handsome freckled husband and spends most days being a SAHM to their two feral children. When she isn't daydreaming about autumn or attempting advanced yoga poses, she buys way too many fairy lights and cozy blankets.

She is currently working on a

Long Live Dead Reckless (3 books)
  • For the Ages (Long Live Dead Reckless, #2)
  • Dry Bones Valley (Long Live Dead Reckless, #3)

News & Interviews