Start by marking “Dark Desires: A Contemporary Romance Collection Full of Bad Boys, Bikers, Billionaires, and More!” as Want to Read:

Ready to meet your next book boyfriend? How about 22 of them?

Prepare to ignite your nights with some of today's hottest contemporary romance novels, starring the baddest of bad boys, bikers, billionaires, and more!

Inside the Dark Desires omnibus collection, you'll find over one million words of burning hot fiction from today's NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, and International b
Published June 13th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Desires

Start your review of Dark Desires: A Contemporary Romance Collection Full of Bad Boys, Bikers, Billionaires, and More!
Jan
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: box-set
Ignite by Amity cross

Book 11 of the beat and pulse series. Can be read as a stand-alone, leads to he a, told in dual povs.

Another good fighter romance from Amity Cross.

Ali is a girl who is bullied by the more popular girls or women who should know better in her office, she's a lone not by choice, doesn't stand out in a crowd but fades into the background. Alison lives alone and has no-one in her life.

Overhearing the other girls at work talk about the fighters and cage fighting her curiosity i
Rebecca
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
** Review for Ignite by Amity Cross only **

Ignite is a story about taking chances…about risking one’s heart even if there’s a distinct possibility it will be broken because living instead of simply existing definitely comes with growing pains. It’s a story about how people see themselves and see one another and the ways that those perceptions are changed through appearances and attitude. It’s about trying to break down walls of insecurity and rebuild self-confidence and positive thinking.

Ignite’
Gerda
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: compiliations
so far 1,5 stars

This anthology is quite a bargain with 22 novels for just 0,73 Euro/0,82 Dollar - at first glance. Once you start reading you’ll notice that the authors did without anybody proof reading, editor or somebody with a knowledge of grammar. There are so many mistakes in regard to sequence of tenses, difference of your and you’re, spelling errors (he went passed (meaning:past) his car), not to mention comma placement even evident for a German reader that I had to reread some passages t
Dorel
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
When I first seen this set I said you can't go wrong with 22 books for a dollar. I'm sorry I only enjoyed 5 out of 22 books. TIMELESS BY MADISYN MONROE, BISHOP'S DESIRE BY NORMANDIE ALLEMAN, THE PLAY BY J.H. CROIX, HONEY IN THE ROCK BY CATHRYN CADE, & PURE PUNISHMENT BY T.L. SMITH. I'm happy this set introduced me to these other authors IVY LAYNE, DONNA ALAM, JADE KERRION, KATE NOVA, MUFFY WILSON, CHARLOTTE CASEY, REBECCA NORINNE, INES JOHNSON, AMITY CROSS, AMIE STUART, QUINN, TAMERI TIARA, BETH ...more
Kristen Johnson
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read Ignite by Amity Cross from this anthology and it was a wonderful addition to the series.

Full review to come
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** Review for IGNITE by Amity Cross only ***

IGNITE is book eleven in Amity Cross’ The Beat and The Pulse series and is featured in the Dark Desires Boxed set.

I have not read all books of the series yet, so cannot be completely sure about that, but for me this story has a different feel than the others – darker and dirtier in its setting in The Underground, a place where illegal cage fights and gambling is taking place. There was an underlying feeling of danger throughout the story, and while I
Laurie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of Very Good Stories - But Don't Read RUTHLESS

Let me begin by stating that this compilation of stories was one of the best, all around, that I've yet to read. There were more stories in this book collection than I've seen in most others, several were written by authors I've already read and like, many were full length novels and, although I enjoyed some much more than others, none was that poorly written or trite that I was willing to blow it off.

As often occurs, reading and appreciating
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
** Reviewing Ignite by Amity Cross only **

I have fallen hard for the guys and gals of The Beat and The Pulse series, and enjoy every bloodthirsty visit to The Underground.

Blade and Ali's story had me hooked from the start. The feelings, the emotional connect I had with Ali, the wanting the hunka hunka burning love that is Blade/Liam. They are everything neither of them wanted, and I adored seeing the changes they made in each other.

There is just something about an Amity Cross story that drags me
eingy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is based on reading Ashes to Ashes by Rebecca Norinne.

Rae's story starts out like a fictionalized version of Miranda Lambert's musical career and the aftermath of her marriage to Blake Shelton. I kept flipping through the pages because her vulnerability & her running from her pain, and even her hitting bottom felt so real and relatable. It was impossible to read the story without her hurt reaching palpably through the pages to you. She is ready to let the world know her pain and hea
Jill
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars for - Ignite - book eleven in The Beat & The Pulse series by Amity Cross. This book can be read as stand alone to the series and as always there is a Happily Ever After. ​The Underground is where illegal cage fighting, gambling and all around mayhem goes down however it has also been the catalyst to many hot and steamy romances too. This is Blade and Ali's story...
Alison Anders a plain, strait-laced girl who is quite literally the "grunt" at work is tired of her boring life. When she hea
Louise White
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it

*******Review for Ignite by Amity Cross Only *******

This story features in the Dark Desires Box set. Having read a few of the stories from the Beat and the Pulse series, this book has a different fill in the way that it is written. However being part of a box set where readers may not have read any of the authors work before then they will know no different.

This story is actually set away from the gym's that we know and love. It is centred around the illegal "Underground" fight club. The main f
Mellena
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Amity Cross's Ignite

Ignite is the final (sob!!) book in the Beat and the Pulse series even though we still have one book we haven't read yet. I have read and loved every single book in this amazing series and Ignite didn't disappoint in the least.

Alison is certainly a character a lot of people can relate to or at least understand. Liam is a protector and yet feels he is not worthy of anything good. When Alison goes to the Underground it changed not only her world but also his.

This was a
Tonya
Anne Milne
Ignite by Amity Cross

Although this story has a different feel to it than the other books in the series I really enjoyed it.
Alison is the girl who nobody sees, she's coasting through her life by just making do, at work they use her and her social life is non existent she has no friends and no family. When she decides to take a risk she goes to the Underground where she meets Liam aka Blade.
It took me a while to warm up to Alison but that's because I would never be able to hold my tongue at her
Donna
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

A fantastic addition to the Devil's Flyers!
Billie Boggs couldn’t be more different than her sister Lesa. Lesa is sexy and exciting and living with a hot biker. Billie is a gamer girl. A geek in a cardigan. A girly girl. But when she is threatened the Devil's Flyers MC consider her one of their own and nobody messes with theirs. If that protection comes in the sexy form of Rocker Hayes, the guy she has been crushing on from afar, well she can get behind that. Rocker doesn’t do repeats. He doesn’
Robyn Corcoran
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So far I have read Pure Punishment by TL Smith and I felt compelled to review it alone! It is that good.

OMG! I didn't want this story to end, I could have easily stayed in the lives of Kristy & Kai forever!
Kristy is such an intense and complex character, you can't help but become a bit obsessed with her!

What a brilliant storyline and a touchy topic to boot! Even though it is an intense read it flows smoothly and you find the pages flying by as you can't put the book down!
The emotions throughout
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful collection of romance stories. One of my favorite authors is showcased in this series:

Jolt by Charlotte Casey

This book 2 in the series, so while not necessary to enjoy this book I do recommend you read the first book. Jason is such a sweetie. He stands up when needed and faces his mistakes. He tries to be a good friend and band mate. I love the interaction he has with Jade and Cara. Shaina is a sleazy piece of work, but it's sad what happened to her in the end. Jade is so loving and
Tami czenkus
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my review for Pure Punishment by T.L Smith
Holy crap!!! T.L Smith TOTALLY messes with your head, But totally worth it in the end... Pure Punishment is one of those books that has you second guessing your logic throughout the entire story and leaves you yearning for more.
Kai is the ultimate Alpha and Kayla and Kristi are perfectly imperfect.
The dynamic of this story was incredible to say the least!! Just when I was figuring something out, BAM something would happen and twist my head up a
BP34
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Imagine 22 book boy friends, what more could a woman want? How about variety? Bikers, billionaires, alphas, CEO's, executives, bad boys and more. A collection of hot and steamy stories from some award winning romance authors. Something for everyone. Curl up in your favorite chair with a cool drink and escape to another world. A great read and a great bargain. What a great collection and so much fun to read.
Danielle Goodwin
Muffy Wilson's "Dark Butterfly" (also know as "The Butterfly Collector") is part of the Dark Desires collection. This tale is not a romance or erotica. It is an object lesson in how to overcome what is holding you back and be happy. Sex therapy at its best! There is someone for everyone. I could really associate with the Mistress. I have given similar object lessons in how to love yourself to many people.
Danielle Goodwin
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Monika
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Cathryn Cade's Honey In The Rock. Another masterpiece of hot sex and dirty talk! Ms. Cade knows how to bring her heroes and heroines to life. Their stories are something you don't want to miss and Rocker is my personal favorite. I love the Honey series and can't wait to read the next book. Thank you, Ms. Cade!
Marcie Wegner
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ignite by Amity Cross is a well written book. The characters are exceeding well written and the plot well thought out and carefully constructed. Although it is part of The Beat and The Pulse series, it is easily a stand alone. If the other books in this collection are of this caliber, this is one of the best collections available.
Rosemary Hughes
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
#4 His Best Friend's Wife

Most people know of the bro code, not touching another person's wife, girlfriend, sister etc.
However, this shows how that code can be exploited by those with low moral fortitude.
It also can show how others can rise above the animalistic instincts and treat others with honor.
Interesting tale!
Amanda White
Some good some bad

Some good and some bad in this grouping of books. Amity Cross as always was the stand out for me and was the reason I bought this compilation in the first place, frankly it was worth it just to read her book!
April
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, epubs
Overall, the quality of this collection was not high. I've tried to write reviews every couple of stories, but there are very few gems in this. It's mostly just blah stuff, a lot of which desperately could have used a copy editor.
Peni
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology
Please see individual stories for review
Momma Hellmouth
Shelves: anthology, arc-team
I had the pleasure of reading Ignite by Amity Cross, great book, perfect characters, and incredible storyline, wonderful writing.
Full review to come.
Amber
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this for ignite by Amity cross love it but really couldn't get into the others (sorry) I really liked timeless though maybe I'll attempt the others at a later date

• Dominated (The Enforcers, #2)
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
  • Wanted (Addicted Trilogy, #3)
  • Billionaire Unveiled: Marcus  (The Billionaire's Obsession, #11)
  • Fate
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • A Forever of Orange Blossoms (The Merriams, #5)
  • Dearest Stalker: A Complete Collection (Dearest Stalker, #1-4)
  • Protect Me
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Strike (The Beat and the Pulse #10)
  • Stealing Amy (Disciples, #2)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • Forsaken
  • Jett Cocker (Cocker Brothers Book 2)
  • Keeping Lily (Disciples, #1)
  • A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Love Me Like You Do: The Morrison Files
A former psychologist, Normandie has always been fascinated by human behavior. She loves writing quirky characters that are all too human. “I’m interested in the kind of relationships people have in real life. So I write about my characters’ messy, unpredictable, and inexplicable journeys to love.”

If there were another 5 hours in the day, Normandie would spend more time needle-pointing and playing