Start by marking “Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food” as Want to Read:
Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food

Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food

** Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food is the brand new cookbook from Jamie Oliver, out 7th September 2017 - preorder it now **

Cooking doesn't have to be complicated - that's why Jamie's Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food is sure to become your new best friend in the kitchen.

It's all about making the journey to good food, super-simple. Every recipe uses just five key ingr
Published August 24th 2017 by Michael Joseph Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Quick & Easy 5-Ingredient Food, please sign up.
Sheri S. I don't know about Rachael Ray, but Michael Symon has put out two of them and they're both phenomenal!

Adina
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is one of the best Jamie's cookbooks. Perfect for people that would like to have a home cooked dinner/lunch but do not care to spend too much time in the kitchen cooking or, worse, washing dishes. I review cookbooks after I try at least 10 recipes but with this one I probably made more than 20.

As the name suggests, each recipes uses 5 ingredients (expect for staples such a vinegar, oil, salt, pepper) and are very easy to make. Even though there are so few ingredients there isn't a
Monique
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the clean, simple format of this cookbook. Its beautifully laid out. The ingredients being pictured along the side of the page looks great and provides a quick way of surveying the products required. A nice little touch is the listing of nutritional information at the bottom of each recipe. My meal planning was made so easy.

Despite the visual promise of the book, I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the recipes themselves. The instructions were too often vague or confusing to foll
zakeeya
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all Jamie's books, the ideas and concepts make this more than just a recipe book. He encourages thinking out of the box, with a focus on good quality ingredients and flavourful herbs. Adding the nutritional information for each dish is also another marvelous way in which Jamie makes us aware of what we're putting into our bodies. As a mother and home-cook, I appreciate this information immensely. I liked this book very much, yet I have one criticism and that is that the ingredients are n ...more
Terri
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I hate to say it, but this may be his best book yet. For me personally, I like the Superfood books the best, but for an alrounder that has appeal to all walks of life, 5 Ingredients is a cracker.
Just the layout alone is enough to get 4 stars; for its simplicity and its accessibility.
Photos of the 5 ingredients you need are shown down the side of each recipe and the recipes are not complicated, which is great for a lot of people who don't want to spend hours in the kitchen doing prep before you e
Nithiya Saher
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Ingredients. 5 Stars.

Best. Recipe. Book. Ever.

I'm obsessed with this book! Jamie Oliver knows his ingredients and he knows flavour profiles like no other! With as little as 5 ingredients per dish, I find myself whipping up some pretty tasty stuff!

The layout of this book is beautiful! I could give 4 stars for the layout alone with the big and bold colours and the easy to understand ingredients list and method for cooking.

My only gripe with this book is that not all the ingredients are readily
Justin Walshaw
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the phenomenal success of his blood-thirsty revolution across the antipodes, not to mention the thrill of ten minute meals, Mr Oliver introduces a bold new front in the game of hide and seek:
5 Ingredients that cannot be found . . . unless you happen to be:
1. A Russian Oil tycoon.
2. A dentist registered in Venice Beach.
3. A former Spice Girl.
4. All of the above.
Adam Webling
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Only having 5 ingredients for each recipe makes this such a simple book to use :)
Julie Bozza
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
I am loving this cookbook. Everything I've tried so far has worked perfectly, and has been delicious and satisfying. The dishes have also been quick and easy and creative, and therefore don't feel like a burden to take on at the wrong end of the working day. They are also (so far!) quite healthy in terms of what I need right now, so that takes some stress out of the whole deal.

Each recipe does indeed feature five ingredients, no more and no less. I like this straightforward approach to combining
Dawnie
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fantastic book with easy recipes and fast to make meals.
great mixture of different ingredients and ideas!
Meera Nair
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How often have you googled recipes only to realize that the ingredients required are five times more than the number of servings or that the time needed to prepare the dish is a lot longer than what you're ready to invest? With Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients Quick Easy Food, you don't need to worry about a thing! It has clear cut instructions, pictures of ingredients, so you know exactly what's required and drool-worthy snaps of the end product. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. From ...more
Amanda
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the photos and the layout more than the content of the recipes
Angelina
Nothing really special, but still I like that he makes cooking homemade food as simple as possible so more people can try it.
Ashley Will
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great looking recipes, looking forward to trying some
Gerdien
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious, quick and easy recipes. Brilliant!!:
Angie-Leonie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Half term delight which assisted in making my charges aka play neices and nephews, quiet in the kitchen. Great way to get the childrena and adults involved without a lot of headaches and screaming tantrums (adults thats you lot).
PlusFour
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Several of the recipes are missing ingredients that would vastly improve them if not for the arbitrary number 5. Every single recipe includes the phrase "season to perfection with sea salt and pepper." The recipes that are edible are so-so at best, and the worst ones are terrible. There are far, far superior books for people looking for quick, simple meals. A thorough disappointment.
Jay
Oct 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-book-club
Just to plain for me
Every recipe needed hacking to make it tasty
Crystal
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I don't think I've read a Jamie Oliver cookbook before, and I'm sorry I started with this one. He's obviously got talent to have gotten where he did, but this book was really disappointing. Not only is it disappointing as someone who must be gluten free and tries to be vegan--I counted no more than 10 recipes in here that would work for me, and not all of those were appealing--only three of the recipes actually interested me, and it turns out one of those is too complicated for me to make. But a ...more
Cynthia D
I liked the premise of this cookbook that you can cook easily at home with 5 ingredients. The thing is that not included in every recipe was the addition of some items you just need to stock in your pantry as default, some of which aren’t usual items I’d see in mine since they’d never get used. The other thing that was the use of premise sauces and chutneys to complete recipes instead of making them from scratch, though those do lend themselves to the idea that cooking doesn’t have to be complic ...more
Julie Round
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I can't say I have really finished this book as I haven't tried everything but after having a go at three dishes I feel I can offer an opinion. At first I was annoyed as there were so many ingredients, sauces and herbs, that I did not have in my cupboard. Then, out of the two savoury dishes I tried, one was a success and the other a disaster. I did try a sweet recipe which is delicious but I don't have a food processor so had to mix by hand.
I have marked out recipes that I think I can do but the
Donna
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Jamie Oliver cookbook, and I can't use it... grrr

It is wonderfully done! Who doesn't love "5 ingredient" cooking? I love the nutritional breakdown at the end of every recipe, but unfortunately, the "fat" content of most of the recipes exceed my "daily" fat requirements, much less just for one meal. :(

Perhaps, sometime in the future, I can sit down and work out some substitutes to bring the fat content down! *grin*
Ambur Taft
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I will buy this book. I would eat anything out of this book, some of it I may not take the time to make, and some of the ingredients I may not be a total fan of, but I would absolutely eat it if someone else cooked it because this man is a genius....each recipe 5 ingredients, easy steps, healthy, & an amazing treat for your mouth.
Kyrie
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I like the idea of just five ingredients, although to be fair, he admits he's not counting things you probably already have like oil, salt, pepper. They all look fairly easy to make, and given the wide variety of appetites in this house, I was glad to see most would appeal. Looking forward to making fresh stuff fast.
Karen Foster
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, simplistic design & gorgeous photography. Accessible and probably the most practical and usable cookbook I’ve come across in a while. Perfect for weeknight dinner inspiration. And healthy too. Money well spent.
Sally Whiteside
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore Jamie Oliver and his way of cooking. This is a brilliant book for the non cooking person like me. Simple and easy to follow and I have followed a few of these delicious recipes and tweaked for my family and own tastes. Great for teaching our younger generation to cook for them selves.
Passenger B.
The first cookbook by Jamie Oliver I actually found useful. Well. Every dog has its day, eh.
Julie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this cookbook! One of the best cookbooks that I’ve ever had! Can’t wait to try every single one!
Helen White
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Got my eye on the sausage and apple bake.
Kimber Bell
I read the cookbook cover to cover. Photos are gorgeous. I like having the nutritional info for each recipe.
I tried the one pan fish and the green spaghetti and they were both good (and fast to make).
Cons- Many of the recipes seem like meals that my kids would not eat. Some of the instructions could be more clear. Some additional ingredients are hidden in the instructions, so read the whole recipe before shopping.
Rebekah
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my new best friend! I’m not great in the kitchen and I don’t have a lot of money to spend on food but with this book all my meals are full of flavour, easy to cook and are safely in my budget. I would highly recommend this to everyone!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Choice ...: 5 Ingredients - Quick Easy Food - June 2018 2 29 Jul 02, 2018 07:40AM

• The Wellness Mama Cookbook: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook
  • Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites
  • Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains
  • At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives
  • Stirring Up Fun with Food: Over 100 Amazing and Easy Food Crafting Projects
  • Whole New You: How Real Food Transforms Your Life, for a Healthier, More Gorgeous You: A Cookbook
  • Ready or Not!: 150+ Make-Ahead, Make-Over, and Make-Now Recipes by Nom Nom Paleo
  • Sweet
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Chinese Food Made Easy
  • Everyday Harumi
  • The Art of Eating Well
  • Tokyo Cult Recipes
  • Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge: The Ultimate Guide to Mastery, with Authentic Recipes and Stories
  • Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds
  • Chai, Chaat & Chutney: a street food journey through India
  • Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his ca