Start by marking “Paper Dolls: Book One” as Want to Read:
Paper Dolls: Book One

Paper Dolls: Book One

(Paper Dolls #1)

Avery Lockhart and Olivia Holbrook are both good at everything they try. Avery is the star of the swim team and Olivia has captured every academic accolade that Huntington Prep has to offer. Yet, as two very different girls from very different backgrounds, their paths have never crossed. That changes when Olivia's favorite teacher assigns her to interview Avery for the ...more
Published March 16th 2017 by Holhart Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Paper Dolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Dolls

Start your review of Paper Dolls: Book One
Jo reece
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sensitive issues tackled in this book and its done well! Its the beginning of a love story about two young woman Avery and Olivia. Both have two very different up bringing's, both been neglected at some point in there lives which as left some impact on there emotional state.

This story is brilliantly written. Im looking forward to the next book and seeing how there relationship grows.
CLo
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I hate to be the downer but... 2.5*

So all the reviews on this book have been amazing so i figured what the heck...kindleUnlimited and I'm inbetween reads. I dont what it was but i could not get into this book or like the two main characters, Olivia and Avery.
So the book starts off with a pretty heavy topic...teacher (older male)/student (17 yr. old female) affair. It's basically an abusive affair and that made me cringe. But I read on and hoped it would be something close to "The Moments" (loved
D.M.
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paper Dolls is a gritty read not for the faint-hearted. Two girls, Both seem to have everything, but if you take a closer look they are both drowning.

Olivia is smart, beautiful and rich. Avery is athletic, gorgeous and popular. These two are complete opposites. Olivia is asked to interview Avery for the yearbook and for the very first time their paths are about to cross. The problem is Olivia doesn't want to do the interview and Avery doesn't want to answer the questions.
Avery has a few dark
Kexx
I want to be fair on this series - it had me totally hooked for the first half of the 1st book - but as the angst grew, as hurdle after hurdle was raised, I had to do what the MC seemed incapable of doing - bail out. For me, it was too much, too intense. Sorry.
Cat
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

It was so easy to get lost in this story. To feel everything that Olivia and Avery felt. Usually I'll like one character more than the other but with these two, it's hard to not like both them equally. Despite the grammatical errors, the words used to tell their story were intricately woven together. For the lack of better words, it's a beautiful hot mess. Can't wait to read the next one.
Heather Henkel
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intense

This in a really intense book with complex characters and themes. However it is also a very good coming of age story.
Alecia Kranz
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This is a must read. Once you pick it up, you won't want to put it down.
The characters have a wonderful depth that allows you to see the many different aspects of their personalities. Both of the main characters inner thoughts are clearly written to portray their personalities and gives the reader a way to see how their worlds can collide. Although there is a constant line of thought going along with the dialogue it is well balanced with action. The young lovers are refreshing and
Kat Tillman
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

It was addicting; I didn't want to put it down. I liked that for all the things they were uncertain about, they were never uncertain of their feelings for one another. Their feelings grew quickly and were intense. If I had not experienced something similar to their story, I would have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. This was absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to read more.

Side note: I really enjoyed the author notes considering that I read a ridiculous amount of fan fiction
Tim
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FROM ALONENESS TO TOGETHERNESS!?!

This book is ohh... soo.. Involved with two young women finding Miss Right! Emma, the author, takes us on an adventure that makes our emotions soar one minute and descend the next; YOU might think this chaotic but you have to feel IT to know it's not. You will sometimes feel it's repetitive BUT you need to consider the circumstances, the setting and how WILDLY young women's feelings can go completely out of control!!!

This book will give you a new look at LOVE in
Hannah
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fell in love with the characters from the very beginning. It has dark undertones and is tragic while at the same time beautiful and has the ability to make your heart soar. The relationships between the characters is written so well and feels so real. It has some very well written passionate scenes and does not disappoint. I will regularly read this book for the rest of my life. I can only hope the second holds up the theme and tones with which this book is written. Bravo authors, I ...more
Chelsea Zimmerman
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt-ya
This is easily one of the hardest books I've ever trudged through. I'm at least giving it 2 stars because it had amazing potential in the beginning but the second half made me want to pull my hair out. I hardly even read the back half, I skimmed through most of it because we kept getting the same thing from two perspectives over and over again. Also hello, took the lesbian uhaul troupe a little too seriously!! I can easily understand how there are five more books in this series, but from what I ...more
Dannica Zulestin
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-f, ku, quiltbag, viva
In May I read the book Liar, Liar, Maxonfire by Blythe Stone. I thought it was overdramatic but also oddly relatable. So I wanted to give her work another try, and I headed for the series she's writing with Emma Chamberlain, Paper Dolls. This is the first book in this series (which I managed to borrow over Kindle). It's...mmm.

Well, Blythe Stone's style remains constant here (tho mixed with Chamberlain's, I suppose) and it's unfortunately quite overdone. It seems like every time one of the main
Solo
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome!

I've been questioning my sexuality recently, so, I've been on a lesbian romance marathon. This book happened to pop up as a recommendation on Amazon. I literally judged a book by it's cover and decided to buy it! It's available on Kindle unlimited, but I'm not a huge fan of unlimited since I believe authors deserve to make more money for the effort they put in. Anyway, I bought both book 1 and book 2 based on the cover alone :D

I wasn't expecting much to begin with.. because
J. Peters
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
For roughly the first half, I was invested enough in the story. The premise was pretty good, the set up was interesting, and I liked the characters for the most part.

But the problems that were there in the first half became more pronounced for me over time. This is a subjective problem of course, but...

The main characters spend a lot of time in their heads, circling the same questions over and over for the entirety of the novel, even after things start to progress in the relationship front. The
JulesGP
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two young women in High School, one a Type A super achiever and the other, a popular, sports star, clash while doing a yearbook interview. As oftentimes happens when you actually meet the near stranger that "you can't stand," those preconceptions fall away and you're left with actually getting to know the real person. After meeting, their falling in love is quick and explosive, more like fire and and dynamite than something easy. This book was not a simple read. Much like their relationship, it ...more
Richard Chamberlain
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can one described this novel

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. This book reminds me of my wife and I. The love just doesn't stop. I knew I would marry her at her first smile. That was 53 years ago and I love her more today than then. I will say this to all those that can, read this. In this world we all need more love.
Boo Vickery
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Lesbian romance!!

I think both girls had a great different personality. I loved them both for different reasons.

You felt sad, happy, excited and scared when each of the girls did. I was very happy to read so much of their romance. It is nice to see such a nice book of Lesbian romance, where the characters aren't put down for who they like.

I will be reading more of this series!
MJ
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s all downhill from the beginning.

The story starts out interestingly enough, but at the halfway point takes a severe nose dive. It moves from an actual story to a never ending heap of repeated dialogue, inner monologues, arguments and sex. It had potential, but that potential was wasted in the end.
Marilyn
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Thank you for this, sometimes hard to read book. I picked it up and didn't stop till the end. The two main characters are complex but more real somehow. I think the writing is clever but not too full of it's self. I look forward to the next part. But I need to lie down first.
K
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devoured this book! Captures the feelings of my first love as a sophomore in high school. I’ve always felt fortunate to have loved with such intensity and openness.

You only have one first love. I wish all were like Avery’s and Olivia’s.
Jenn
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this first book in the series, the characters are perhaps a bit unbelievable as high school kids, with the way they converse but it was an engaging story. Olivia tends to be a bit wordy and over analytical but anyone with anxiety will relate quite well to that thought process.
Ka
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Realistic

As a teacher it was really difficult to read the part evolving Ben. The way these 2 girls are described emotionally made me reflect on my own high school years and how lost I was at the time.
Leeawna Deary
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long But Very Good

I enjoyed this story and can’t wait for the next one. I relate so much to Olivia that it’s a little scary. I love how she is with Avery and even though I think they moved too fast I like them together.
Marty Preslar
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional and powerful

There is a great deal of depth to both protagonists in this story. The emotional rollercoaster they go through in book one left me wanting more.
Marcey Asselin
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!

Great so far!! Thank you!! I can’t wait to read the other books!! You guys are great!! This is so not a boring book at all!!
Charlene Foster
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I was hooked from the beginning. Thank you for bringing this story to Amazon unlimited. I look forward to more of Avery and Olivia.
MKAZ3119
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I came to this series late in the game, just before book 7 came out. I was immediately drawn into this story. The authors unique writing style provides so much detail and insight into the lives of these beautifully messy characters. A must read!
Katie

• Colorblind
  • Wanting Her
  • On the Outside
  • Forget Her Not
  • Fusion (The Velvet, #1)
  • 200 Hours
  • Taking Flight
  • How Sweet the Sound
  • Just Married?
  • Separate Like Stars
  • When Angels Fall (WeHo, #1)
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
Emma spent her childhood lost in stories and inherited her love of books from her mother. The first book she ever read by herself was Wuthering Heights and since then she has been hooked.

Most days she can be found at her day job, dreaming about the day when writing will be her only job whilst assisting surgeons.

Most nights she can be found working on editing the Paper Dolls series that she and

Paper Dolls (8 books)