Start by marking “Love on Tap” as Want to Read:
Love on Tap

Love on Tap

(Brewing Love #1)

Wyatt Montgomery knows a barrel of legendary Zoria imperial stout will help his Denver gastropub stay on top. The only problem is the brewery that made it is no longer in business. When Wyatt hears the brewmaster has only one barrel left, he won’t stop until it’s his. He doesn’t consider what this mythical barrel might cost him. And he certainly doesn’t anticipate his reac ...more
Published April 24th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

To ask other readers questions about Love on Tap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on Tap

Start your review of Love on Tap
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

You know those authors that you just fall into their books and don’t want to come out and go back to reality? That’s how I have always felt about Meg Benjamin’s work; she has the ability to write small town romances that have you ready to pack your bags and move just so you can be friends with the people who live there. Love On Tap is set in Colorado and is centered on a mostly defunct craft brewery that has one special barrel of beer left and one pub owner willing to do most anything t
Bette Hansen
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very enjoyable read. Very interesting characters, some quirky secondary characters, and a storyline that was very entertaining. I did find Bec to be a bit of a coward for not facing her friends but she finally came around with Wyatt's coaxing and support. Wyatt was just a sweetheart and the way he interacted with Bec and Carol was sweet. Definitely a book I would recommend.
Kimberly
Sep 13, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
9/13/17 - 99 cents on Kindle
Book Gannet
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is cute. I’ll admit there were times near the beginning where I wasn’t sure about Bec and her stubborn reluctance to do anything to actually help herself, but Wyatt surprised me with his determination and slowly this turned from a slightly unlikely scenario into something delightful. It’s still faintly daft in places and I’m still not sure why Wyatt doesn’t tell everyone to get lost on several occasions, but if you can suspend your disbelief just enough every so often, then this is an enjoy ...more
Hart's Reader Group
This book tried to be funny but it failed. The heroine was a coward who got into trouble because she couldn't own up to her mistakes. The hero is a dummy because he falls for a heroine who is skittish, manipulative, and untrusting.

I couldn't connect with any of the characters, and the author loved ridiculous run-on sentences. It was like she never took a breath, which made reading this book exhausting.
Penny Ramirez
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. Interesting characters, especially Carol. The villain was a bit over the top, but the romance was good, and I enjoyed the "complete three tasks and I'll make the deal" trope that then morphed into other acts of kindness. Might be worth looking for the other series entries. Beer and gourmet food - what's not to like?

I received this book for free, in exchange for an honest review.
Char (1RadReader59)
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story about beers. And those that make it. But really, it’s about a betrayal of not only a friend to Bec Dempsey but a friend of her brothers and someone she was dating and her lover. You see Bec was one of three owners of Antero Brewing.
There was herself, her brother, Liam, and Colin a trust fund baby. They were doing good on their way and had just produced a beer generating a lot of buzzes the Zoria, the golden ticket they thought.
When all of a sudden, Colin pays off
Bo
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading new authors. Someone who will open new possibilities for me. And Meg Benjamin just did it for me.

The story was just light and easy to read. Something interesting that’ll make you want to know what’ll happen next, but not too much heart-gripping that a heart could not handle. The story doesn’t have much complication and too many twists. Mostly, the story was pretty much straight forward and not too much drama. I don’t know if that was a good thing, but it was actually just the righ
C
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-to-follow
I was given an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have had a really hard time putting my thought on books that I read into words, sometimes due to frustration and other times because I have way too may thoughts trying to pour out of the head at once. So for now, I’m going to stick with these questions as a guideline for my reviews.

What did I like about the book? Characters, plot and that this was a solid start to a new series.

What did I love about this book? Th
The Book Fairy Reviews
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quirky romance that started with both of them trying to get something from the other. Wyatt a brew that will keep his restaurant on the map. Bec the income to get her brewery up and running. What they didn't expect was the attraction they got when they met.
A fun read that will have Waytt jumping through hoops to get the ingredients of this amazing brew and Bec falling every time he succeeds.
Passion and suspense is what Meg, give us in this read.
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A light and sexy look inside brewing a great stout. If you love a romance that is slow, smooth and layered with a few surprises, then you will enjoy this first installment from the Brewing Love series. The characters are charming, relatable and willing to do almost anything for those they love.

Grab an iced cold beer and sit down for a romance that is sure to leave you with the perfect amount of sizzle.
Danielle
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maybe if I was more into beer I would have enjoyed this book more. I just could not get into it at all. I found myself skimming it.
Caroline
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’d give it a 3.5, rounded up to 4 here. A nice, sweet story, but maybe a little unrealistic in how quickly our leads fell in love. Their emotional reactions felt true to life, though.
Tabatha
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first read from Meg Benjamin and it certainly won't be the last. Now I've always been a sucker for books that combine anything brewing with romance being a bit of a beer nerd myself, so I was especially happy when I came across this book and found out the heroine was the actual brew master of the story! Female brewers are few and far between, so that aspect made the story even more exciting and interesting for me.

Love on Tap is a sweet story about a gastro pub owner, Wyatt, in despe
Treena
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you NetGalley. I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The only reason why I liked this book was because of Wyatt, the male MC. He was passionate about his business and wasn't afraid to work hard and go after what he wanted. He was great. Bec, the female MC, on the other hand, annoyed me. I found her to be weak, whiny, and immature. I didn't like her brother, Liam either. Sigh. I would've given this book a higher rating if I didn't dislike Bec and Liam as much as I
Becky Burciaga
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful story involving the latest concept in beer brewing, craft beers, and small independent breweries. The story started out strong, with a attention grabbing concept, building momentum as the story and characters evolved. The author created very believable and likable characters, with chemistry and personalities. As part of the Brewing Love Trilogy, I look forward to reading the remaining books...I'm sure the stories and characters will be just as enchanting.

This book was provided by t
Helen
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
Review HERE ...more
Eva Scalzo
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
when wyatt montgomery gets a lead on a rare barrel of a special craft brew, an imperial stout named zoria, he believes that it might be just the thing he needs to save the slumping receipts of his denver gastropub, the ridiculously-named quaff. the action in love on tap really kicks into gear when he gets to the little town of antero he tracks down bec dempsey, the brewmaster of the now defunct brewery that produced the zoria.

she has one keg left. and she's willing to sell, for the right price.
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
*3.5 Stars*

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wyatt owns a gastropub in Denver, but he needs to find a unique beer in order to draw customers away from his competitors. When he hears about a legendary beer that was only brewed once, he decides to track down the brewmaster to see if there is any left that he can buy. When he gets to the tiny town that the brewery was, he is surprised to discover that the brewmaster is a woman named Bec
Fizza
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's interesting enough. I liked both main characters, and story was good too. It was a good read and I enjoyed it. Although, in my opinion, it's best not to read this book in one sitting. ;) It's a kind of book you should take your time reading or else you might find some scenes boring.
Bec's business dreams was ruined when her business partner left, and her brother decided not to help her with their brewery. All she has left is one barrel of her beer, she thinks of it as her lucky charm, magic.
Samantha Bilodeau
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked the brewing aspect of this and the way Bec and Wyatt met and weren't immediately friendly. The tasks she gave him to sell the beer were a fun aspect.

Bec herself was amusing and a bit of a spitfire. Wyatt was an interesting typical city guy in a tourist town. I didn't necessarily feel like I knew them that well though. Hints of their pasts were shared but nothing enough to make an emotional impact.

I didn't care for Liam, Bec's brother. I think he was supposed to be seen as protecti
Bec
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

Bec Dempsey lost her business when her major backer decided to end their partnership, but she's chosen not to give up on her dreams. Selling the last barrel of her legendary Zoria imperial stout to Wyatt Montgomery may be her one and only chance of re-opening Antero Brewing, but he's a city-slicker and she's already been burned once by a man like Wyatt. However, once she realizes he's nothing like her ex, will she give him a chance?

Ms. Benjamin always manages to entertain me with her bo
Meags
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
THE STORY:

You know that feeling you get when you see characters in a TV show eating something, and suddenly you are craving it like nobody's business? This happened to me with this book. I'm dying for some beer. I'll probably be running out to the store later, but first, I'll tell you about this book.

Love on Tap brings two characters together from opposite sides of the supply chain. Wyatt Montgomery needs a spectacular beer to reinvigorate his struggling gastropub in Denver, and Bec Dempsey need
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a fascinating novel by new-to-me author Meg Benjamin. The idea of a love story set against the beer brewing industry is a new one for me and a refreshing change...pun intended!

Wyatt Montgomery needs to get his hands on what he believes is the last remaining barrel of Zoria; an aged imperial stout from the now de-funked Antero Brewing. Quaff, the gastropub he manages needs to pull out all the stops to keep up with the new gastropub on the block if they are to maintain their status of top
Isha Coleman
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
An intoxicating brew, leads to a devil's bargain. It's getting hot in here! Love On Tap displays the best sides of Meg Benjamin. Humor, heart and heat. Wyatt is desperate and Bec has the upper hand, but situations don't always work out according to plan. Wyatt and Bec wage a battle that sizzles.
poppy
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book it was a good read and i really liked Wyatt he was a great character,could not stand Bec there was not anything i liked about her did not warm to her at all other than that its a good read looking forward to the next one
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love on Tap by Meg Benjamin.......I enjoyed the story and it kept me flipping pages. The characters were fun and enjoyable. I loved seeing the story unfold for Wyatt and Bec. This was my first book by this author and I can't wait to read more. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book from publisher via NetGalley.
LJT
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Love on Tap by Meg Benjamin is the first book from her brand new trilogy, Brewing Love. The creative cover and the book blurb is what drew me into this original romance. This book can be read as a standalone.

Love on Tap is about brewmaster and cheese-maker Bec Demepsey, and gastropub owner Wyatt Montgomery. Due to circumstances beyond her control, Bec had to close down her family's brewery. She still owns the building's contents, and one barrel of Zoria, a very special blend of stout. Bec has dr
Paula
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meg Benjamin’s latest book is different from some of her other novels I have read. Still. I enjoyed Love on Tap. The story-line is engaging. As for the characters, I liked Wyatt the most, perhaps because he is more of an upfront kind of guy. Bec, the female lead, was a contraction; strong but could come across as weak, confident but self-doubting too, and lastly, untrusting but with personal hidden agendas. Maybe that makes her seem more real since we are all capable of being all these things at ...more
Cheryl Sanders
3.5 Stars
This story features Wyatt Montgomery and Bec Dempsey. He wants her last barrel of craft beer and is willing to jump through hoops to get it. He just didn't expect his biggest competitor to come along and start throwing money around, trying to buy it out from under him. Throughout the quest for the last barrel of craft beer there's a quiet romance brewing.

The storyline was good. The characters were well developed and definitely added to the story but I didn't feel a whole lot of emotion

• I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3)
  • Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #3)
  • Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)
  • Scars (Broken but... Mending #2)
  • Make Me Say It (Make Me, #3)
  • Make Me Desperate (Make Me, #4)
  • Make Me Tremble (Make Me, #2)
  • Anthony (Lucian & Lia Book 7)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1)
  • Make Me Risk It (Make Me, #5)
  • Marco
  • Make Me Feel (Make Me, #6)
  • Moonlight Seduction (de Vincent, #2)
  • Faker
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Love, Hate & Other Filters
  • Serenity Harbor (Haven Point, #6)
Meg Benjamin is an award-winning author of romance. Her newest series, the Folk, is a paranormal series from Soul Mate Publishing set in Colorado. Meg’s Konigsburg series is set in the Texas Hill Country and her Salt Box and Brewing Love trilogies are set in the Colorado Rockies (all are available from Entangled Publishing). Along with contemporary romance, Meg is also the author of the paranormal ...more

Brewing Love (3 books)