Start by marking “The Attraction of Adeline (Off-the-Wall Proposal #2)” as Want to Read:
The Attraction of Adeline (Off-the-Wall Proposal #2)

The Attraction of Adeline (Off-the-Wall Proposal #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
The Proposal: Adeline Rigby will live with Accountant Jack Foster and pretend to be his fake fiancée for one month in order for him to seal a promotion to partner. In return, Accountant Jack Foster will intimately tutor Adeline Rigby in French before she leaves for Paris where she will fulfill her dream of attending Le Cordon Bleu.

The Terms:

1. Maintain distance. Three get
Published April 10th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, Lovestruck

To ask other readers questions about The Attraction of Adeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Attraction of Adeline

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Jack Foster needs a fake fiancée to get his promotion to partner in his auditing firm, and Adeline Rigby needs a place to stay and a French tutor for when she leaves to Paris and go to culinary school. It’s a perfect arrangement, as long as they follow the rules. Three kisses, no feelings, no sex.

I know this is a standalone, but Adeline’s best friend and Jack’s sister, Kinley, has her own book. I haven’t read it, so I felt a bit lost at the start of the book.
Eve Hart
This was my first Lisa Wells book. Good GAWT this woman writes one hell of an annoying run on sentence that typically ends with a preposition.

No tension, no emotion, no depth, an irritating heroine, and lack of detail make this story a poo-poo. This was supposed to be a romantic comedy... It wasn't funny, it was painful.
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and IndieSagePR***

I really enjoyed the first book in this series...well series might be the wrong word, even though there are some recurring characters from the first book...so I had high hopes for this one. And, I can say they were mostly met.

Adeline was wonderful and you really like Jake. He is a good guy, but he loves Adeline, and that was fun. You like both of the characters, and you relate to why they are attracted and to the reasons that maybe they are not goi
Shrimalya
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Another cute romance from Lisa Wells and this book follows Kinley's brother- Jack and her best friend- Adeline.
Jack is an accountant and in order to get the promotion he's been aiming for, he needs to play the part of a family man.And for that he needs a fake fiance.Adeline needs help in French before she goes off to Paris for culinary school.They're both hesitant about faking an engagement when Kinley proposes the idea, but somewhere it seems to click and they find no harm in agreeing to it.

The
Alison
DNF at 56%.

Jack Foster needs a fake fiancee to get the promotion at work he wants. Adeline Rigby is friends with Jack's sister Kinley and wants to learn to speak french before she goes to culinary school in Paris. Kinley suggests a quid-pro-quo where Adie pretends to be Jack's fiancee and Jack teaches Adie french.

As someone else said in their review, this just seemed to be going through the motions, maybe the idea that a large accountancy firm would have a requirement for potential directors/par
Isha Coleman
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC Review: The Attraction of Adeline(Off the Wall Proposal) by Lisa Wells

A firmly embedded memory that stays on the mind. Like learning the words to a favorite song or playing a tune out of time. Adie and Jack, bewitched my heart and proved be like a fine wine. The Attraction of Adeline is an emotional roller coaster ride. Adie has all the makings of a beautiful treasure, but her heart and spirit has been broken down by life. Lonely, heartbroken and never good enough, has taught her what it mea
Bette Hansen
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This was just an ok read for me. Pretty typical fake fiance trope with nothing that really made it stand out for me. It is well written and the characters well developed, I just never really connected with them.

Jack Foster needs a fiance to seal the deal on him making partner at his accounting firm. Adeline Rigby wants to become fluent in French before she leaves for Paris and Jack is the man who can help her achieve that. When he proposes this deal she thinks it may work out well as long as th
C.J. Butcher
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Terms:

1. Maintain distance. Three get-to-know-you dates before announcing their engagement will be tempting enough.

2. No kissing. Okay, fine. Three kisses. Maybe four. And neck
Bec - Book Magic: Under a spell with every page

Jack Foster wants a promotion at the firm he works at so badly, but with boss being completely old-fashioned and believing a man is more reliable if he's in a committed relationship, he needs a fiancée. Getting Adeline Rigby to agree to be his pretend fiancée for a month isn't easy, especially when she's so adamant she's better off alone than in a relationship, even one that is only temporary. However, once she agrees, the more time Jack spends with her, the more he finds himself unable to give
LilistarReads
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
*Received this book in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and Publishers*

The attraction of Adeline has me in 2 minds, in the one hand it is quite full of cringe and cliche on the other sometimes the characters had redeeming features.

The premise of the story feels outdated, Jack must marry a girl before he can become partner and he wants his wife to never work!! It feels like it should have been set in a different era, no matter what I just couldn't care what happened to Jack, I found h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Off-the-Wall Proposal (2 books)
  • The Seduction of Kinley Foster (Off-the-Wall Proposal #1; What Happens in Vegas #15)