Start by marking “An Ex for Christmas” as Want to Read:

(Love Unexpectedly #5)

She’s making a list—and checking it twice. But is there a nice guy among all her naughty exes? The New York Times bestselling author of Blurred Lines returns with a charming friends-to-lovers rom-com.

When a psychic tells spunky, superstitious Kelly Byrne that she’s already met her true love, she becomes obsessed with the idea of tracking him down before Christmas. Kelly im
Published November 7th 2017 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about An Ex for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Ex for Christmas

*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It’s strange. Kissing him feels both wonderfully new and fresh, and yet comfortable and timeless, as though we’ve been doing this –or were meant to have been doing this—forever.

This really is like the song says--”the most wonderful time of the year!” Christmas has always been my favorite holiday going back what seems like a century since I was a little girl. I know most people are annoyed that Christmas decorations, commercials, and movies s
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 stars!

Review, Excerpt, and Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

Sweet, funny, and charming, An Ex for Christmas is a perfect Holiday romance read! If you're a fan of best friends to lovers romances, Hallmark movies, and Love, Actually, you'll have a hoot reading this rom-com.

Elementary school teacher Kelly Byrne loves Christmas and is as superstitious as they go. When a mysterious woman tells her she's already met The One and will be with her come Christmas, Kelly spends the two weeks before Christ
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 HOLIDAY STARS

description

Are you a fan of those Hallmark movies that are released during the Christmas season? Well, Lauren Layne delivers her own holiday tale that was not only funny, and enjoyable, but completely ADORABLE!

Superstitious Kelly Byrne gets some cryptic information from a strange woman on her way home for the holidays. What follows is a whole bunch of fun and crazy Christmas antics. It’s a feel good story, with just the right amounts of funny, sexy, and holiday goodness.

description
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, chef
An Ex for Christmas was my first Christmas novel this year and I LOVED it!!!!

Do you like hallmark Christmas movies? If yes, this book is for you!!

Do you like friends to lovers trope? You are at the right spot.

Not only does Lauren Layne bring her trademark wit, she also wrote two amazing characters that started out as best friends but became eventually so much more.

Best Friends

Do you believe that platonic friendships between men and women are possible?

I wonder if platonic friendships are not in
Kiki
He has been in love with h for 10 years but that didn’t stop him from dating OW and sleeping with them.
In fact heroine called him out and ask him HOW is she supposed to know he’s interested if he’s in relationship with OP.
BUT because author thinks we have an attention span of a goldfish, that was soon forgotten.
She wasn’t in love with him so I don’t care who she sleeps with but he was in love with her and felt it was better to sleep around that tell her about his feelings?
Well she’s NOT a mind
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'All I Want for Christmas is Mark' Stars!
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

And again, Lauren Layne delivers another heart-warming love story! Winter is here and Christmas is around the corner so what better way to start getting into the Christmas mood than a friends to lovers love story by one of my favorite authors! I thought (at first) this story would be about exes reuniting but it is more “complicated” than that. This is about two best friends who fall in love (
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
“I meant that I’m not usually. Not before.”
"Not before…?”
I feel him smile against my neck, stubbornly refusing to answer. I smile, too, because I know what he’s not saying.
Not before me.

Anyone who has been around long enough knows that LL used to be my absolute favorite author. Without any doubts, when asked, it was LL. Fast-forward a couple years annddddd…that answer isn’t the same. It’s not that I don’t like her-I do. But, after a while, it all became a bit contrived, to me.

“Mark hates Ch
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
3.5 Love Right There... Are You Seeing It Stars
* * *1/2 Spoiler Free - On Sale $1.99!!!
Lauren Layne shares with the readers... This is the story she has wanted to write for a long time. Well, Fa La La, it is the time for her to use all of her cute, heart and sexy teases with the play on the Christmas Season. We get lots of close calls with past ex's for our gal...In all of this journey, she has her best friend chiding her, teasing her and always supporting her along the way.

Did I happen to ment
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

If you're looking for a book that will put you in the perfect Christmas mood, then definitely pick up An Ex for Christmas! Not only was it fun, flirty and sexy, but I found myself humming Christmas songs for days after I finished that last page. It was impossible not to since we got to witness them decorating for the holidays, there was Christmas songs playing in the background and the story even took place in a setting that felt like a winter wonderland. An Ex for Christmas bec
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

When a psychic tells a superstitious Kelly Byrne that she had already met her true love, she becomes obsessed with tracking him down so she isn’t alone for Christmas. Kelly makes an “Ex List” and starts contacting her old boyfriends to try and figure out which one of these guys are her true love that she has passed up on. But, Kelly never expected that this Christmas sparks might be flying with someone else.

Mark Blakely has been Kelly’s best friend forever. He has watched the guys on Ke
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a fun little Christmas romance! Lauren Layne is one of my go to authors when I am in the mood for a contemporary romance. When I pick up a Lauren Layne romance, I expect to enjoy myself for a few hours with characters that just seem to fit with each other. This was a perfect example of her writing and I had a really nice time reading the story.

Kelly and Mark were great. They have been best friends for the past ten years. The
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is purported to be part of a series, but I can detect no interaction between the stories so I think it's a marketing thing.

I wanted to like this. I really did. It was cute and endearing. For the first half. But then it dragged on. And on. And now I hate everybody and kind of want them to perish in a freak balloon animal accident. And I feel bad because many friends really liked this and I went way beyond where I wanted to stop and now it feels like I'm poking my head in a blender and daring
Carol
3.5 stars.
Sweet and funny holiday romance written in Lauren Layne's trademark relaxed and witty, rom-com style.
After a psychic tells Kelly Byrne that she’s already met her true love, she becomes obsessed with tracking him down before Christmas. She writes up an “Ex List” and starts contacting old boyfriends to figure out which is the one. While she is busy pursuing these men it is evident that sparks are flying between her and her best friend Mark, someone she's never considered.

To be honest I
Dali
An amazingly cute, fun and sexy romance about a girl looking for love in the wrong places when the right guy has been there all along.

Spirited, superstitious and a bit wacky Kelly Byrne believes in fate, fortune and psychics. Having been told that she’s met her true love and that she’d be with him by Christmas, she goes on the hunt. Going through her ex-boyfriends list wouldn’t be such a shore if only her heart would cooperate instead of insisting on spending time with her best friend who woul
Mysza
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
***** 5 All I want for Christmas is MARK! stars *****

Ho Ho Ho! I officially started Christmas season with this book.

Loved it. Fabulous hero and heroine. Sweet, funny, a tiny bit angsty second chance love story that you will adore.

Go, get your holiday spirit on with this one!!!

nick
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, contemporary

When Lauren Layne charms, she sure does charm. An Ex for Christmas is just the perfect romantic book to spend a cold winter night with, especially if you’re in need of a “lift-me-up”. It’s delightful, and just oozes joy from every page. No doubt, lovers of all things holidays and romance will devour this magical read.

On her way back home from work one evening before the holidays, Kelly meets a psychic who tells her that she’s already met the love of her life. Being the romantic and superstitious
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

He looks like a lumberjack version of Clark Kent, Byrne. Other men don’t exactly love their girl being besties with sexy, scruffy Superman.

I’m nothing but the half-batty sister who believes in tea leaves and kinda sort believes Hogwarts is real.

He gestures with his fork toward my boobs, and I glance down to see a glob of cheese. I sigh and get out yet another napkin and clean up the mess, although mostly I just smear oil around. “I’m usually very elegant on dates.”

My
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this one! It was a quick, fun holiday read that ended up being very sweet 😍
Hollis
If you love Hallmark Christmas movies, you'll love AN EX FOR CHRISTMAS. It has all the cheese, Christmas, caroling, and cringey-cute moments you would expect. For me this was more cringe than cute though.

I usually love bestfriends to lovers romances. And this one was a doozy. Our leads have been friends for ten years. But it wasn't until Kelly, who believes in signs and fate and Magic 8 balls, is told she'll that her One True Love is someone she's already met that she decides to reconnect with
Ami
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ami by: Katie

Kelly believes in horoscopes, superstitions, and Magic 8 Ball. Her best friend, Mark, is a total opposite. But they have been pretty much in each other's pocket for a decade, knowing each other's tell very well, sharing backyard AND a custody of a fur baby. Except being in a romantic relationship... When a psychic tells Kelly that she has meet her One True Love, will she realizes that he's the one who has been there all along?

If there is one book that I think will be a PERFECT material
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author***

One of the best friends to lovers romances I have ever read...because you really believe that they are friends. There is a development of that relationship in the story and there is a history between Kelly and Mark that makes them not only interesting but you want to see them work out.

Kelly is oblivious. Mark is in love with her. But, he is also her friend and he supports her. Even when her crazy scheme has her making a list and revisiting her ex-boyfriends becaus
~Mandi~
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lauren Layne
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Such a great Christmas romance. This should definitely become the next Hallmark Christmas movie. I loved both the main characters. Kelly is very superstitious and believes in fate. Mark is her total opposite which is great because he keeps her grounded. They are so perfect for each other but Kelly may not realize it until it’s too late.
I love Lauren Layne. She puts out such great stories. I read as many of hers as I can.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in ex
Irene

An Ex for Christmas by Lauren Layne is a fun, sweet, hot and very entertaining friends to lovers read.

The storyline is well written, the plot held my interest all throughout the book and Mark and Kelly were likable, engaging characters that I easily connected with.
Watching these opposites come together had me laughing one minute, then wanting to shake them the next. It was so obvious they belonged together but the fear of losing their friendship kept them from giving into their feelings
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
THIS WAS SO CUTE. I had just been telling a friend that I had been craving a good holiday romance and of course Lauren Layne comes through right at the perfect time. It had memorable characters, a great friends-to-lovers romance, the right amount of steam, and the perfect touch of holiday fun. Sighhhh. Not going to lie it had me taking out my Christmas decorations (no I didn't put them up yet...just want to be ready for when the time comes lol).

HIGHLY recommend if you're looking for a quality ho
Dísir
I’m starting to wonder if Lauren Layne and I should start to part ways. When I’ve loved her earlier works, these days, I’ve taken more and more issues of late with her characters whom I can’t seem to like at all—and my recent lowered ratings of her books might be an unfair attempt to recapture what I’ve felt about her previous books.

The friends-to-lovers (with an unrequited element) romance is one where I tread very, very carefully, because there’re just too many entanglements and questions tha
Sara (sarabara081)
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2017
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

I’m am so ready for the Holidays with yet another wonderful Christmas story read already this season! An Ex for Christmas was so delightful and heart warming and the perfect romance to read all bundled up by the Christmas tree!

Kelly is a strong believer in fate and the sight. I mean, she uses a Magic 8 ball quite religiously for all her big decision making. So when a psychic tells her she has already met the love of her life and she will be wit
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is exactly what I had in mind when searching for a holiday read. A feel good story that touched on many holiday traditions; Christmas tree shopping and decorating, holiday music, holiday movie binge watching, mistletoe, blizzards, shoveling snow, school vacations and even a holiday parade. I really liked the characters Kelly a quirky elementary school teacher who lets superstitions rule her life and Mark her best friend since high school who patiently/ impatiently waits for to see the light ...more
Rhea_Sways
It was festive, cute and generic. A quick read to refresh yourself with non existent plot and a passable chemistry between MCs...

Monica Murphy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Lauren never disappoints me ever. I loved this book. I'm a sucker for a holiday story and this one ticks all the Christmas boxes. Go read it!
Amy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5, put a smile on my face, stars!!

“Sometimes the stars just have to align, and you’ve got to be quick on your feet.”

Fate. Kismet. Serendipity. Second Chances. An Ex for Christmas is the perfect feel good holiday romance that you just can’t help but swoon over.

It’s that time of year. The weather is turning cooler. The leaves are changing colors and we’re all getting out our fall must haves. And I don’t know about you guys, but this is my favorite time to dive into holiday reads. I can’t get eno
Play Book Tag: An Ex For Christmas by Lauren Layne -- 4 stars 1 7 Dec 31, 2017 08:36AM
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:

Love Unexpectedly (5 books)
  • Blurred Lines