Start by marking “Maski: Broken But Not Dead” as Want to Read:
Maski: Broken But Not Dead

Maski: Broken But Not Dead

To the Breaking Point...

When Brendell Meshango resigns from her university professor position and retreats to her isolated cabin to repair her psyche, she is confronted by a masked intruder. His racial comments lead her to believe she is the solitary victim of a hate crime.

However, is all as it appears? After two bizarre days, the intruder mysteriously disappears but
ebook
Published April 18th 2017 by Dancing Lemur Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Maski, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maski

Start your review of Maski: Broken But Not Dead
Pat Garcia
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first thing that caught my attention as I read Maski: Broken But Not Dead, by Joylene Nowell Butler was the name of the heroine, Brendell Meshango. Just seeing a name that is so entirely different from the typical White Anglo-Saxon Protestant culture awoke my curiosity to know more about her main character.

Meshango, a woman, a half-breed, a person from a minority culture who breaks out of the jail cell she has locked herself in for years. On her road to discovery, a bizarre occurrence takes
Susan Swiderski
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
In some ways, this was an eye-opening book. Although I've heard a little bit about the existence of prejudice against Native American people, I've never lived in an area with a large Native American population, so I've been isolated... and perhaps shielded... from seeing this sort of thing firsthand. This book gave me a better understanding of how horrid that prejudice can be.

But that isn't all this book is. Sure, it will subtly open your eyes to some inequities and injustices, but it will also
Stephanie La plante
Jun 27, 2017
Linda Yezak
Jun 30, 2017
Yolanda Renee
Jun 30, 2017
Susan Scott
Jul 01, 2017
I am Canadian/Métis, the author of suspense novels Dead Witness, Maski: Broken But Not Dead, Break Time, and Matowak. I won the IPPY Silver Medal for Broken But Not Dead in 2012. Born in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, (April 25, 1953) I am the youngest of three children of Charles (Charlie) Murray Nowell, veteran, farmer and truck driver, and Gabrielle Frances, (nee Desjardins), a member of the ...more