Start by marking “No Pressure (Accidental Roots, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)

No Pressure

(Accidental Roots #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  251 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Joey James has given up on his ‘Prince Charming’. There is no such thing, he needs to be realistic about his chances of finding a lasting relationship. A chance encounter with a former school mate at the local grocery store changes everything-maybe.
Published March 31st 2017 by Dirty Dog Press (first published March 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about No Pressure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Pressure

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of No Pressure (Accidental Roots, #2)
Simone
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

Everyone has secrets. Secrets that should never be brought into the light of day. Secrets that are lurking under the surface of a small town and threaten to unravel its countryside idyll and ideal world.
7388-headlines_bad_hand_bw.630w.tn.jpg (630×315)

Secrets two men involuntarily participate in, which not only causes quite a stir, but will change their life forever.

For Joey James, the nurse we already met in the previous book Storm Season, two things almost happen at once: a random encounter at a grocery store with a former
~Volha~
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story by Ms Keaton! I loved it! The city of Skagit shapes up to be a cesspit of illegal activity! So many secrets hidden for years, and now it's all coming to light! I loved how suspenseful the book was. From start to finish it kept me wondering what will happen next. The characters were so likable! This is the beginning of happy ever after for Joey and Buck.

Joey is a nurse with a big heart and dreams of his prince charming. He is still young but for whatever reason his Mr.
Jenni Lea
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Wow, I liked this even more than the first one! The characters, especially Joey and Buck, were engaging and I was able to relate to them on a deep, personal level. The storyline that was carried over from book 1 was wrapped up here in a satisfying and realistic way. Joey was a bit TSTL at times but it worked for me because it's in his nature to care for others, even to his own detriment.

Buck, now... Buck has earned a special place in my pocket and in my heart. Buck's a gentle giant.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Joey James has returned to the small town of Skagit, Washington. He works in the ER at St. Joe’s, and loves it. He’s a little flirty, always happy, and is an all-around caring person. He’s been looking for that one special person, but still finds himself alone.

Joey was a definite surprise to his family, his siblings are much older, and when he graduated at sixteen, his parents were in their sixties. His parents always accepted who he was, and provided all the love and support he needed. Maureen,
Jordan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alphabookclub
4/5 - This book is better than the first and features one of the best characters in the series yet: Buck.

The main MC of this book is Joey, who we met in the first Accidental Roots book, and I really liked him. He was a good supporting character in the first book and I was hoping that the next book would be about him. Joey was easy to relate to and despite this being a little bit of a mystery/suspense novel, I didn't get the cheezy feeling that I usually get with books like this. What I mean to
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast-moving and sweet

I’ve read books 1 & 5 of this series, so I know the books get better but this was good. I probably should have read the first one again, because I’d forgotten some details and side characters but I caught up pretty quick. I questioned some of the decisions Joey made and some of the law enforcement procedures but that didn’t slow the story down either. I loved Buck and angst from his childhood made me feel for him. Joey was kind of a idiot sometimes but he had good
Tori Thompson
4.5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. This review was originally posted at Love Bytes Reviews, please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

Woohoo! That was a fantastic book! I’m going to start this by confessing something…. I read the first book in this series, and it was ok. I didn’t dislike it, but it was a little long and scattered for me. I had already said I’d take
Lori
Aug 30, 2017 added it
Shelves: bmbr-reads, dnf, 2017
A copy of this book was given in exchange for an honest review.
Review previously at BMBR.

Okay. Well the truth is, this book was on my review list. I read and reviewed the first book and loved it - but I've got about a third of the way into it and am struggling with this one. Sometimes, if I'm struggling I go and look at others' reviews, to see if I can work out what it is I'm missing - or sometimes to see if I'm the only one with the problem!

In this case, one of the first reviews that came up
Colette
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
As good as book 1

Maybe even better. What I loved about Storm Season were the wonderful fully fleshed out secondary characters. In this book we get to learn more about Buck, the mechanic and Joey, a nurse at the hospital the night of the car chase in book 1. The story picks up where Storm Season left off introducing some new people and continuing the hunt for the traffickers. I thoroughly enjoyed this and can't wait for Book 3 in June!
Jenny Wood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m obsessed with this series already….

If you’ve read the first one, you’ll remember sassy nurse, Joey James. If you haven’t read the first one, then go do it, because it’s super cute with a mini action movie type drama story, all in one. So is this one, really, but this one includes Buck and Joey and the first one had Micah and Adam (who I don’t remember being quite so grouchy in their book).

I adored Buck and Joey, especially together. I wanted to shake Joey though, for getting himself into a
Veronica
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

No Pressure is the story Auto mechanic Buck and nurse Joey. It is really sweet the way Buck ‘accidentally’ bumps into Joey at the supermarket at the beginning of the story. Buck doesn’t have much in the way of friends or a social life so it is pretty brave of him to take the bull by the horns and make contact with Joey, hoping something would come of it.

A relationship begins to develop between the men against the backdrop
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

I’ll be honest, as a mystery/suspense story, this was a fabulous read. It’s well-written and gripping and it kept me sitting on the edge of my seat, but unfortunately, the romance portion of the story failed miserably. In fact, it was practically non-existent.

I liked both Joey and Buck and from what we get to see, they are good together, I just wish the author had explored their relationship further and given it more page time for the reader to see it develop.

Although the romance
Rennie
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elle Keaton writes such likeable characters you can't help but become invested in their HEA. This was good, I'm a fan of the suspense element not being completely wrapped up in each book and continuing in some form in the next book ( I'm assuming that will happen in book 3). Buck and Joey were adorable, especially Buck ( you were right, Simone).
I'm really looking forward to reading book 3.
Kristina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Pressure (Book 2)- 4 stars: [Joey and Buck] I love Joey and Buck! They are so different and while those differences can backfire sometimes, with these two it works. The action parts are great and the mystery bits had me guessing the whole time!
Michele
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Joey is an ER nurse at a hospital in Skagit, Washington. He is a boisterous, altruistic soul who volunteers at local animal shelters and loves his mother.

Buck runs an auto repair shop and we met him in book 1. He's the car enthusiast who bought Adam's father's collection of classic automobiles AND was involved in Micah's spur of the moment high speed car chase. The second is really out of character for the shy, closeted young man, who is so traumatized by his abusive father, that he's never
Chris
4 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Before Joey can decide what to do about it, he is swept into a terrifying scheme. Forced into helping a dangerous stranger in exchange for his family’s safety, Joey begins a perilous journey into the criminal underbelly
Heather
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No Pressure is much like book one, Storm Season, not because its a copy or too formulaic but because it's jam packed with a little bit of everything and the author meshes it together perfectly. Joey James is a nurse we met in book one who finds himself in a position he never dreamed possible, and it's not a pleasant one. Bucky Swanfeldt, who we also met in the first installment, has found that destiny has given him a second chance to get to know his youthful crush. Just like Adam and Micah from ...more
WycEd Reader
Check out our No Pressure post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Veronica –
No Pressure is the story auto mechanic Buck and nurse Joey. It is really sweet the way Buck ‘accidentally’ bumps into Joey at the supermarket at the beginning of the story. Buck doesn’t have much in the way of friends or a social life, so it is pretty brave of him to take the bull by the horns and make contact with Joey, hoping something would come of it.

A relationship begins to develop between
Joyfully Jay
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

No Pressure is the sequel to Storm Season. I liked that first book, and I liked No Pressure even more. It takes place in the same small town, and you’ll find quite a few of the same characters, most of whom are delightful and funny. In fact, I would even go so far as to call the town a character here. It’s small, charming, and nearly idyllic, the kind of place you’d want to raise your children. Unfortunately, under the top layer of charm, there is a an underlying
Heather Martin
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Signal Boost Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

No Pressure is Book 2 in the Accidental Roots series. I expected this story to be a continuation of Book 1 and about Micah and Adam but it was not. I highly recommend you read this series in the appropriate order, though. The crime story from the first book continues in this one so all that background will be necessary for this one. The MC's in
Soda Pop
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoy Ms. Keaton's work, and this book was okay, but there were several problems for me. The fact that (view spoiler). The author had a tendency to allow a character to go off on a tangent of thought in the middle of a monologue, OR DIALOGUE!! and sometimes I had to skip a few pages to get back to what was actually happening, because the ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read, 2019
This town ...

This installment keeps us in the Northwestern town of Skagit where there’s still investigations underway for a child-trafficking ring.

In the first book, we’d met Joey James, the feisty, sassy nurse who works at the local hospital where, well, it seems everyone has been taken to since the Feds had strolled into town. Joey is a nurturer and cares deeply for those in need. He reminds me of a sleuth-like Peter Pan.

Buck Swanfeldt is the local mechanic who has had a thing for Joey since
Amy Dufera
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Pressure, the second book in Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series, is a whole lot of fun. Including Blackmail and threats, this romance will keep you intrigued. It isn't an easy read. Involving such horrific issues as child trafficking and murder, the theme is heavy. The romance, however, is definitely sweet.

Joey and Buck are a great couple. I love they way they interact with one another and the way they relate to each other. And in particular, I love Buck's attitude about their
Julian White
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kobo (epub from author)

Almost immediate sequel to Storm Season with two different characters taking centre stage, both of whom had (mostly) walk-on appearances in that book. Events call Adam and Micah (and Weir) back to Skagit where the murky underbelly seems to be more widespread than initially appeared elements of that plot continue, though are not completely resolved (I think). Joey and Buck have a similar dynamic to the Adam/Micah pairing (but different enough to be interesting).

The series
Suze
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Like book 1, 3.5*
Buck is the strong silent type.
Joey is the heart on sleeve guy, always the do-gooder.
Joey is also our TSTL hero who manages to live when blackmailed, kidnapped, pokes at vipers nests etc.
We do get Adam and Micah and a lot of the cast from the first book - keeping track is going to be a nightmare.
Most of the book arcs are covered in this but I did have niggles that there were some left hanging.
When the good guys catch up with the bad guys, I felt a bit flat as I didn’t recognise
Louise
DNF @ 70%

I just couldn't bring myself to finish this. I started it despite my misgivings after reading book one as I was curious how the mystery/crime element of the story would play out. But I'm afraid it was a very poor relation to book one.
The romance element lacked depth, Joey came across as shallow and idiotic. Buck as a weak fool. The mystery element was completely unbelievable.

Such a shame as I think that there was real potential for this with a heavy edit, a focus on the original cast of
Ashley E
Despite a rather grim subject matter, this series still comes across as lighthearted in the romance department. Joey and Buck are sweet together, and their romance is almost humorous. It should be an odd contrast with the all the blackmailing and child prostitution that is being investigated but somehow it works. That said, there are a fews times when Joey is almost literally TSTL while running around trying to "help," but he has such a good heart that even that is not quite as annoying as it ...more
Wax
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-have, mm, kindle
I did not like this book as much as Book 1. Joey made some decisions which seemed strange to me, in a almost TSTL way. I found it unlikely that he would do things that most medical professionals would find difficult. However, I loved Buck and his awkwardness around Joey. I also loved Xena, the dog that Joey adopts. Most of all I appreciated that some of the mystery from book 1 was wrapped up here, because I hate when storylines don't finish with the end of the book. (It's the Law and Order ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a story that quickly pulled me in and kept me turning the pages. The story is heartbreaking, heart felt, full of love and hope. The characters are complex, and believable, it was a pleasure getting to know them. I enjoyed following along on their journey. While I think this book can be read as a stand-alone, I think a greater appreciation for the story would be had by reading this series in order. A great story worth reading.
Kevin
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recommend reading this series in order, unlike what I did. This book two is a continuation of book one, and book three wraps everything up even as it introduces and solves another mystery. Each book focuses on a couple.
Here, shy and insecure mechanic Buck wrestles his demons, which interferes with him acting on his attraction to nurse Joey.
I recommend this enjoyable and engrossing series.
Typos: see notes.

• Tallowwood
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Stand In Place
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Steele My Heart (A Bridge to Abingdon #1)
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Prescription for Love (Road to Blissville, #7)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter, #4)
  • Heel (Working Out the Kinks ,#2)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • Swallow (A Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time

Accidental Roots (8 books)
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)
  • As Sure As The Sun (Accidental Roots, #4)
  • River Home (Accidental Roots #5)
  • Unforgivable (Accidental Roots, #6)
  • His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)
  • When It Rains (Accidental Roots, #8)