Start by marking “The Wrong Story” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Story

The Wrong Story

After falling from a car park roof, cartoonist Tom Hannah is left with partial amnesia and the feeling that something important is missing from his life. His journey to recovery is hampered by a growing inability to distinguish between real and imaginary events. The characters from his cartoon strip assume a grimy reality, while the lives of his family and friends appear ...more
Published March 17th 2017 by Unbound Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Story

Start your review of The Wrong Story
Whispering Stories
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

When cartoon artist Tom Hannah falls from the top of a multi-storey car park his life is saved by the market stall canopy below and boxes of bananas.

After waking up in a hospital it transpires that he is suffering from amnesia and that the day he fell has been completely wiped from his mind. He also starts seeing his cartoon characters in real life, as his imaginary and real worlds collide.

The Wrong Story is a unique novel. Tom Hannah is
Lisa Doherty (Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews)
Review originally on my link text
After falling off a roof Tom, a cartoonist, starts to see his characters around him and as a result, we learn so much more than expected about the lines blurring reality and fiction. He is exceptionally keen to find out just what happened the day that he fell and we are brought along on his journey along with trying, as a reader, to fill in the blanks.

Each character had a marvellous way of causing me to have emotions towards them. I am not ashamed to say that I
Daniel Kane
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, a fantastic take on reality and imagination. Amusing as well.
Jonathan Evans
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really impressed with this clever, interesting book. Its not my usual genre but I'm so glad I gave it a chance, and would recommend it to anyone. A novel idea that's been extremely well-written!
Alice Partridge
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this book. From page 1 it had me completely gripped. Thoroughly recommend. Completely novel storyline. The descriptions throughout the book were so detailed that it made it feel like you were there and made you totally gripped into finding out what happened to Tom. And to top things off the author Is a lovely person!
Simon Leonard
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is James’ debut novel but really doesn’t read like one.

Th story follows a cartoonist, Tom, as he tries to work out what happened to him after an accident, along with working out what is real and imaginary. It is a very unique story as it mixes reality with his cartoon characters in a brilliant way.

It is a very funny story, with bits of sadness in it to stop it from being to cheerful, and is a very easy book to read.

Even after I had finished the story I couldn’t stop thinking about it and
Dale Melita
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, couldn't put it down definitely an intriguing and absorbing read!
spoiler alert:

so glad the always-angry restaurant owner had a name in the end!
Mary Monro
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing book about what happens to a sensitive, creative person when they hit the emotional buffers. The fractured sense of reality and intoxicated vertigo leave the lead character and the reader spinning, with only the three frame comic strip structure providing something firm to hold on to. Wonderfully written and a great page turner. I'm writing this at 4am because that's when I finished it!
Kristine
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
The Wrong Story by James Ellis is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late January.

Renown animator Tom takes a fall from a parking garage and lands in the hospital with hallucinatory symptoms (mainly involving his own cartoon characters), episodic amnesia, and becomes distant from his family and career.
Joe
Jun 30, 2019
Sally McGuire
May 01, 2017
Bookaholic
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2018
Deborah Bachand
Aug 23, 2018
Declan Logue
Jul 09, 2019
Alan Summers
Apr 24, 2017
James has written two novels, The Wrong Story and Happy Family. He has published a number of short stories, a travelogue of his journey through Central America and a monthly column forThe Gudgeon magazine. He designs and delivers tutor-led workshops for fiction writers and is a regular speaker at writers’ events. ...more