Start by marking “A Good Neighbour (London Lads, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Good Neighbour (London Lads, #3)

A Good Neighbour

(London Lads #3)

A secret affair can’t go on forever.

Dylan Philips admits it himself: he’s a relentlessly single man in a small suburban town, both proud of and resigned to being a good teacher and a devoted nephew to his mischievous great-aunts.

When the aunts take a hand in matchmaking him with Josie Whitman, the girl who lives along the street, Dylan doesn’t tell them what kind of soul m
ebook, 2nd Edition, 60 pages
Published April 19th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Good Neighbour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Good Neighbour

CrabbyPatty
Dylan's beloved great-aunts Mitzi and Bess have their eye on Josie Whitman the girl next door with the "pretty dark looks" as the perfect mate for the 30-year-old Dylan. “She’d look a real treat standing beside you, Dylan. Something to offset that sickly pale look of yours."

However, Josie's brother Neal - with strong dark features, a hard flat chest, broad shoulders and a delicious cock - is really more Dylan's type. The two men have been secretly seeing each other as often as they can. Travell
Ami

Review for the second edition

Because apparently Dylan and Neal's first meeting and their arrangements were all written off page, before the story started, I felt like I didn't have enough of Dylan and Neal to form an attachment to them. The story felt like it was basically about Dylan and his "aunts" and then a number of sex scenes when he was with Neal.

I also wondered about Dylan's worries regarding his sexuality and the need to keep it a secret. I didn't feel like the small town ooze
Jenre
Sep 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, romance
Dylan is a thirtysome college professor living in small town America. He's content with his dull, predictable life and finds comfort and safety in the routine. Part of that routine is collecting his two 'aunts' from the nursing home and bringing them to his house for tea and cake. The story begins on one such afternoon where aunts Bess and Mitzi are doing their usual sly prodding and trying to fix Dylan up with one of the neighbourhood women, Josie. Little do they know that Dylan is already in a ...more
Amanda
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
The funniest part of this short story is Dylan's two elderly aunt who love pestering him and trying to hook him up with the girl next door. Dylan had been secretly going to the neighbor apartment, but instead of the nice girl, he hooked up with the brother instead.

Neal is a journalist who travels around and only manage to see Dylan occasionally. Spark flies whenever they reunited again. But of course we are looking forward to see something permanent for these two lovebirds. When Neal got offere
namericanwordcat
So much unneeded angst and drama in what is really a quiet book. The lack of communication from every single character killed me.

I glare read this book.
Kazza
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very charming and sweet sixty page novella that held my attention throughout. Actually, I was blown away by just how much I liked this story.

If you like a charming world and characters, interesting ones, this delivers, although I'm not sure Mary Berry would approve of Dylan's attempt at lemon cake... but she'd be perfectly polite about it.

Erotic Horizon
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have heard only good things about this one and just had to read it - I was not disappointed. This is a short read so expect to read it in one go and wanting more.

Dylan - teacher, nice guys and the current target of his Great- Aunts meddling is this wonderful creation that Clare London has introduced me to. He is just the typical guy next door who is comfortable in his surroundings, appreciates the small things in life, never forgetful of his manners and yet still not the perfect neighbour.

The
Amber
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review available at: https://optimummblog.wordpress.com/20...

A Good Neighbour’s the third book in the London Lads series by Clare London. It’s a standalone book. Although A Good Neighbour’s only 60 pages and is a quick read, it was engaging, descriptive, and very much enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the book because it’s set in and around London and I just got done visiting England in December, and it was fun to read about some of the places that I had visited.

Dylan’s a single man living in
Serena Yates
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
Meddling great-aunts and their somewhat misguided attempts at matchmaking provide not just a quite a few amusing situations, they also “force” Dylan to finally come out of the closet and face up to the fact that he is in love with Neal. It’s quite funny that Neal is the brother of the woman Dylan’s great-aunts have picked as his perfect match!

Dylan does not like taking risks. He is a teacher, a devoted nephew, and likes his quiet life in the small suburban town he calls home. Nate is pretty much
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third in the series, but the first I have read, and enjoyed. It is a short story which has a happy ending - and involves two men who have been having a secret relationship for a while, so no instalove.

Dylan is stuck in suburbia, but has a secret lover who comes back to the UK between tv assignments. He believes he is destined to live a half life due to his own insecurities - but one afternoon tea turns every
Carra
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a short novella, A Good Neighbour packs a healthy--and steamy--punch. Dylan has a massive amount of patience with his great aunts...if I was him I would have probably blown my top a long time ago. They mean well, but those are two pushy old broads! But in the end, they know better after all...much to Dylan's surprise.

Dylan and Neal together fogged up my screen pretty well; the two of them together have incredible physical chemistry. The conflict in this story actually comes from the emotiona
Otterpuss
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't really get the aunts...I didn't find them funny or endearing, which I think I was supposed to, and considering they are a bit part of the story it kind of coloured my opinion of this book.

I liked Dylan and Neal well enough and this is a short sweet read, but I wonder if I would have enjoyed it more if I'd have previously read the other books in the series.

A pet hate of mine; it ends at 80%.

Copy provided by Signal Boost Promotions in exchange for an honest review.
Chris, the Dalek King
Dylan and Neal have been carrying on in secret ever since they met months ago. With Neal constantly out of town for his job, and Dylan firmly entrenched in his closet, that doesn’t look like it’ll be changing soon either. But when Neal is offered a job that will take him out of the country for the foreseeable future, Dylan will have to finally chose between what he wants more. His secrets, or his lover.

I was a little underwhelmed by this story, to tell the truth. The first chapter–which is basic
Didi
Review of the 2nd Edition
"You see why I call him my home?"
"And you," I said, refusing to look away, my voice starting to waver. "And you are my adventure."

A Good Neighbour is a delightfully sweet addition to the London Lads series. It told a story of Dylan, a not-so-out teacher with two loving and - of course! - meddling great aunts, Bess and Mitzi. Reading their banter - or in Dylan's case, deflecting his aunts's good intentioned nosiness - was entertaining. From these, readers would suspec
Heller
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
I enjoyed this but I wish that we could have gotten into Neal's head so I could understand why he decided on the course of action he did.

If this had been a longer story I think I could have really loved it but because of the shorter page count there was a too much jumping around and things felt a little too spotty.

Still great characters and really interesting premise.
Janie
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I have to say what a hoot the two aunts were. They were totally on to him from the very beginning and I loved it. I did feel like the story was too short and that there was so much that was left out. But all in all a really cute story.
Marion
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5stars!
Nene
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
A short and very sweet read.
Lena Grey
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dylan loves his great-aunts, his job as a teacher, and the slower pace of the small town in which he lives. Dylan has gone for years without companionship and his aunts are concerned. They love Dylan and hate seeing him alone, so they try to play Cupid. To get things rolling, the aunts suggest Josie, a suitable young lady who lives next door, as a prospect. She is nice enough, but Dylan is more interested in getting to know her brother.

For years Dylan has gone about on his own. It isn't like he
Sammy Goode
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
. It takes careful scripting to make a short work because in a matter of a few pages the author must not only establish the main characters but also provide enough background on who they are, how they met and whether or not they have established a relationship. That is a great deal of information to unpack without just telling us the story rather than allowing us to experience it first hand. What Clare London does in her latest installment of her London Lads stories, A Good Neighbour, is serve u ...more
Morningstar
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book & Author: A Good Neighbor by Clare London
Rating: 4.25 stars

This is a steamy short story that is perfect pick me up for an afternoon read. I loved the aunts the most but who couldn’t with their sassy attitude and love of cake. I felt they were in cahoots together when it came to Dylan.

I felt for Dylan and the fear he was experiencing when it came to his life in a small town, losing all the things he loves most. Neal is the complete opposite of Dylan. He loves adventure and traveling, Dyl
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
3 Stars

I wanted to like this book at least as much as I liked the first two books in the series, however, it kind of fell short for me.

The premise was good, but the execution and the main characters lacked a certain something. I didn’t quite feel the chemistry between Dylan and Neal, it felt more like they’d fallen together by circumstance and not love and that Dylan was more like an afterthought for Neal, at least until the last part. Perhaps if we’d had a bit more of their background instead o
Linda
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another in this divers series of books called London Lads by Clare London. In this third (all entirely Stand Alone) Dylan is a small town College Science teacher who is settled in his home town enjoying his life. He has two elderly aunts who are always trying to matchmake for him with a neighbor woman. They do not know he prefers her brother Neal.
Neal is a reporter who travels where the story is and leads a seemingly exciting and busy life. When he is home he spends most of his time with Dylan.
Louise Rogers-Thomas

It was very enjoyable and I got a great feeling from the characters even though is a short novella and the aunts well there were hilarious.

Very good read.
Pixie
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read an ARC for JustLove: https://justlovereviews.com/2017/04/2...

3.5 rounded up, sexy times were sexy.
Morgana
May 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cintia-Jenny
2.5
It turns out it was pretty 'meh' from beginning to end. But it wasn't a bad or a completely waste of time. Not at all. To read if you have little free time, it's very short.
Lasha
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
melek
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clare-london
Dylan and Neal been seeing each other every often, they think no ones on to them but they in for a suprise.
Meggie
May 19, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I felt Dylan's frustration and desperation. He couldn't or wouldn't change because his life was set in stones. And the plot is rather simple and empty. But at list the ending is sweet and happy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Daybreak (Eight Nights #2)
  • Get What You Need
  • Custom Ride (Custom Ride #1)
  • Out of the Fire
  • Prove It
  • Henry and Jim
  • Blue Fire
  • Blind Faith
  • Ice Cream on the Side
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Boys of Summer (Boys of Summer #1)
  • To the Highest Bidder
  • Putting Out Fires (Coda Books, #4.5)
  • Fugly (connected by Jackson Spey #9)
  • Pieces
  • Bear Naked
  • The Wish (The Wish, #1)
  • Rock Paper Scissors
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more

London Lads (5 books)
  • Chase the Ace (London Lads, #1)
  • How the Other Half Lives (London Lads, #2)
  • Peepshow (London Lads, #4)
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place (London Lads, #5)