Start by marking “Mine, Forever and Always” as Want to Read:
Mine, Forever and Always

Mine, Forever and Always

(Matchmaker #1)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B06XP9Z5T4

Just shy of fifteen years old, and during a fake and impromptu wedding ceremony, Lily Scott married her best friend's brother, Henry Dalton.

It seemed harmless enough until he leaned in and whispered to her his true feelings, amorous words she has been unable to forget: Now you’re mine, forever and always.

Unfortunately, growing up
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 124 pages
Published March 16th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Mine, Forever and Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mine, Forever and Always

Start your review of Mine, Forever and Always
Dianne
It was just in fun when two young teens held “starring” roles in a fake wedding, but Lily Scott knew that Henry Dalton would hold her heart forever when he whispered, “Now you’re mine, forever and always.” The fantasies of youth can’t last forever as adulthood comes, they go their separate ways and life transforms Henry into a less than desirable man. Fate and a house party will bring them back together, but has the blush of young love been drown in the quagmires of life? Lily still feels the pu ...more
Elena-Loredana
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Original review at The Book Portal.

5/5 stars
Just read it if you are into romance. This is a lovely story about the love of two people which has to pass the test of time and society. Life forced them to go on their separate ways regardless of what their harts wanted. And, now, they meet each other again. There is angst and there is tension. Question is: Does the love between them still exists? Or is it just a beautiful memory of the past?
What can I say? The feelings... are so overwhelming. I do n
Barbara Rogers
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-arc
Series: Standalone Novella
Publication Date: 3/15/2017

I’d actually give it 4.5 stars, but the system won’t let me.

What a delightful read! Tammy Bailey is a new author to me. As far as I as I can tell, this is her third book and her first historical romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more of her work.

This is an almost perfectly perfect novella. It hits all the marks with very likable characters, a compelling, emotional story and a happily ever after. All of the que
Cheesecake
Henry the self pitying fool and Lily the woman wronged.
Gotta say I had low expectations going in to this one but ended up loving it. In fact I read it in one day every chance I got to sneak in a few pages. i would have given it 5 stars but for the ending, which could have used a bit of a grovel/apology from Henry (you know... own your mistakes dude!). Still... the reader knows he feels remorse and loves her like crazy and it was cute, the comedy of errors before they finally kiss.
My first time r
Prince Leon
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. I'm REALLY hoping Book 2 is Jane and Mr. Waverley's story. ...more
Paula
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This is a sweet story of a love that never died. Two people once got married in a play but it was more serious for them than it should have been. There’s still hope for them but first they have to tear down the wall that separates them. Misunderstandings, stubbornness and denial (especially on his part) are the bricks with which they built that wall. But love is the strongest force of nature, stronger than the hardest of men or the thickest of walls.

In their childhood Henry and Lily were in lov
Dawn West
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

This book left me smiling!

Lily gave her heart away years ago when a play marriage ceremony to her friend's brother, Henry, left her longing for the day that she could say those vows for real. After Henry's departure and coldly distancing himself from her, she's given up on ever winning the affection of her childhood crush. Instead, she's well on her way to marrying another man, one who she knows she'll never be able to love.

Henry may p
Lilly Charysma
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
[I have received a free copy in exchange for an honest review]

After some time away from books, this was just what I needed to get back on track. I quick read, full of emotions, with some smart and funny characters. Set up in a time of arranged marriages, gossip that weighted a lot and women with a reputation to defend, “Mine, Forever and Always” is a story than blends very well!

Lily Scott has been waiting since her fifteenth birthday for Henry Dalton to honor their vows that she will be his, vo
T. Rosado
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I so wish this was a full-length novel rather than a novella. I want more of these characters. - More back story. More slow burn romance. More secondary character development. Just more, more, more! I typically do not gravitate towards novellas, because wanting more is usually my dilemma. Most often, it's quality and story development that I usually want more of. On the contrary; in Mine, Forever and Always, the dilemma was not yet wanting to leave these characters and their story behi
Lori D
A delightful story of two people who pledged themselves to each other when young, in a fake wedding and he whispered to her "Now you're mine, forever and always". Yes it made my toes curl because that is just so romantic! But as often happens, youthful feelings do not always last and they go their separate ways. But as life and fate often dictate, they meet again at a house party.
Unfortunately Henry seems to have changed but Lily still feels her senses engaged as she sees him. Can the feelings o
Greta Barnhouse
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance, a little steamy

Enjoyed reading this romance. I love when they main characters know each other as children and find love when they’re older. I’m also a huge fan of falling in love with your best friend’s brother. They encounter several difficulties along the way but with some plotting by their relatives and friends and some funny moments Lily and Henry get their happy ever after. Looking forward to reading book 2 in the series.
Sometime
I must have been in a grumpy mood when I started this book because Henry made me mad right from the start. (view spoiler) ...more
Niki (mustreadalltheromance)
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
A childhood make-believe wedding leads to the development of real feelings on Lily's part, but as they grow up, her pretend groom, her best friend's brother, Henry, turns into a rake. Now, though Lily is still friends with his sister, Jane, she and Henry have grown apart and rarely see one another. During a house party Jane convinces Lily to help her write a letter to her own potential suitor, so Lily taps into her own feelings for Henry in order to pen Jane's love letter. Of course, the unsigne ...more
~Book Reviews by Trish~
I was received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I definitely have to give this short cute book 5 stars.

This book had me hooked from the beginning to end, the story was very captivating and interesting. I loved the romance games that Jane Dalton loved doing so she could be matchmaker. I was happy that Henry finally came around and understood what was going on. I was a little shocked that Lily didn't know what was going on with Jane and Mr. Waverly because Lily knows how
Vanessa Haley
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once in a while as a reader we are lucky enough to come across a book that is written with such creativity and passion, that the story resonates far past the ending. "Mine, Forever and Always" by Tammy L. Bailey, is a beautiful and heartwarming historical novel based in the Regency era. The story perfectly captures desire, history, jealousy, love and much more, making this a 5-star read.

The narrative interchanges between the lead characters, Lily Scott and Henry Dalton, giving readers the perspe
Wit & Wonder Books
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author an exchange for honest review **

Mine: Forever and Always by Tammy L. Bailey is a short light hearted historical romance that was a delight to read.

Seven years prior to current time, Jane, Henry Dalton’s sister promised Lily Scott to him til death part on an impromptu wedding. Since that time Lily has remembered those infamous words that he muttered to her “you are mine, forever and always”, she has never gotten over him. At the age of one and twenty, she is set to
Janet
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jane Dalton likes parlour games & always has done six years earlier when Jane & her friend Lily Scott were just shy of fifteen years old, she held a fake and impromptu wedding ceremony, between Lily her brother, Henry Dalton. It seemed harmless enough until he leaned in and whispered to her his true feelings, amorous words she has been unable to forget: Now you're mine, forever and always.
Unfortunately, growing up pulls them apart and transforms Henry into a pompous scoundrel who barely seems to
Kelly Tyree
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mine, Forever and Always is a cute novella about two teenagers, Lilly Scott and Henry Dalton. Lilly is best friends with Henry's sister, Jane. Jane convinces Lilly and Henry to participate in a "wedding ceremony" when they are teenagers. It is all play but during that ceremony Henry tells Lilly she is his, forever and always. Those words revealed the depth of how much he cared for Lilly. Eventually they grew older and apart but Lilly's heart fully belonged to Henry.

When Lilly and Henry are brou
Chloe (Romancing the Books)
Awesome historical romance

I was absolutely in love with the set up here: two kinda friends becoming lovers. Lily is a great heroine and I find myself completely rooting for her. Henry was a bit passive at first, preferring to let "circumstance" bring him and Lily together for some intimate moments, but he made up for it in the end.

The story is told from both Lily's and Henry's POV, which I thought is great as we get to see where each character is at, as well as their thoughts and feelings about
Connie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a great read. It was light and very enjoyable. It was not long and I was able to read in one sitting. The characters and the plot were wonderful. I just loved the dual POVs. Henry and Lily were a great pair. The sub-characters, were wonderful as well and I hope they also get their story told!!! Both characters suffered and I truly felt for them and the situation that they were in. I love histor
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I usually do not read historical romance but thought I would give this one a try. It was delightful.
If you have ever been a fan of the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas ( Pirates of Penzance) or have seen the play The Gentlemen’s Guide to Love and Murder, you will love this one.
The author transports you to London of the 1800s and the parlor dances, and soirees.
Both Henry and Lily were fun to read as are the rest of the characters. At times you will laugh and at others you will feel your heart being
Kelly Coughlin Matier
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of the book. I loved the innocence of Lily, her hopeless romantic heart and her perseverance if not giving up on her hope to spend her life with her dream man. I loved the step back in time when men and women were cordial and proper. This author is a rising star. She could write the phone book and it'd be a page turner. I highly recommend this book as well as her others. She has a way of bringing you into her fantasy world with her in her journeys. just fantastic. ...more
Deborah
Having meant to read only a chapter or two i was unable to find a place to stop. I really enjoyed the pace of the story and the narrative and recommend this book.
The premise is that a boy and girl in a bored moment played at getting married and Lily, the girl, has been in love with Henry ever since. Henry having been told he needed to marry money to keep the estate had avoided Lily since that time. The way this was resolved was beautiful.
I look forward to reading more by this author.
I was given
Ottilee B.
I have read many Historicals, but this was a breath of fresh air! Its characters felt alive and the females, I'm thrilled to say, were decisive and not at all wishy-washy! (Lily has been in love with Henry her entire life. Henry, once he's made to realize it, loves her back. Therein lies the problem!)

This was a steady read with solid characters taking front-and-center that kept me hooked to see what happens next.

I received this book via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest opinion.
Arec Rain
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
Despite its small size, this novella surely packs a punch. Stuffed full of raw emotion, this novel follows childhood friends that come together later in life to find their childhood crush has changed. The novella moves rather quickly, as novellas tend to do, but lacked for nothing and felt like a complete story in the end. With complex characters, a developed emotional plot, and a romance worth rooting for, fans of childhood friends-to-lovers with adore this historical romance.
Patricia Wissore
I enjoyed the story of Lily and Henry. Jane's sense of matchmaking was a nice twist to draw our H/h into her plans! A nice, short read! ...more
Pamela
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mine,Forever and Always

This was such an enchanting story I loved all of the characters and their adventure.Thank you for such an awesome book.
Maddie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fast read that makes you want to believe in true love.
Princess
Well written with plenty of witty dialogue/banter. I liked the genre and believe the author did a great job of keeping the book true to the time period. I wouldn't say this was a clean read because there is a very sensual moment in the book between Lily and Henry. Although there was no sex, which seems to be an issue with a few people, I thought the sexual tension was spot on. So, if you want to read this book for the sex, you might want to look elsewhere. However, if you want to read a very ent ...more
Sally Hannoush
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great story to read in one sitting to get your Regency Romance dose in. It's a nice beezy read without major issues but with a lot of misunderstandings. Worth the read. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Misadventures with the Duke (Forever Yours, #4)
  • The Heart of Love (Book of Love #9)
  • The Earl’s Dangerous Passion
  • When the Earl was Wicked (Forever Yours, #5)
  • The Iron Earl (Valor of Vinehill, #1)
  • The Governess Club: Claire (The Governess Club, #1)
  • Four Calling Cards (12 Days of Christmas, #4)
  • Reformed Rakes Box Set
  • Chills (Distinguished Rogues, #1)
  • A Rogue to Remember (The Hellion Club, #1)
  • The Duke I'm Going to Marry (The Farthingale Series, #2)
  • An Unconventional Courtship
  • Always the Chaperone (Never the Bride, #2)
  • All You Need is a Duke (The Duke Hunters Club, #1)
  • Earl of Shefford (Noble Hearts, #3; Wicked Earls' Club)
  • A Taste of Seduction (An Unlikely Husband #1)
  • Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Scandal (Have Yourself a Merry Little... #2)
Tammy L. Bailey writes both historical and contemporary fiction with clever, romantic, and unexpected escapes combining delicious tension and laugh out loud humor.

Before she began writing romance, Tammy served in both the active Army and the Air National Guard. She was once asked if she wanted to become a navigator on a C-130. However, after getting lost to the recruiter's office, she was persuade

Matchmaker (2 books)
  • The Matchmaker's Surrender (The Matchmaker Series, #2)

News & Interviews