Start by marking “Feels Like Summer (Summer Storm, #2)” as Want to Read:
Feels Like Summer (Summer Storm, #2)

Feels Like Summer

(Summer Storm #2)

Five-minute girlfriend. That's what Jett signs up for when she meets Adrian and his band Arabella at beach music festival Summer Storm. One kiss and the attraction is too electric to ignore, but Jett has no room for love and Adrian is Mr. Relationship who's getting over his recent breakup. The solution? Keep it simple. Keep it casual. For three months (that's the rule abou ...more
Published April 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Feels Like Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feels Like Summer

Start your review of Feels Like Summer (Summer Storm, #2)
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Have you ever read a book that subverts all the tired tropes in one of your favorite genres, while also paying homage to everything that your trashy self absolutely loves about said genre? That's how I felt about FEELS LIKE SUMMER, a book I picked up on a whim because it was free in the Kindle store and because I'd liked the other book I'd read from this author (LOVE AND OTHER CHEMICAL REACTIONS). I wasn't sure how this book would be abl
K.J. Charles
The heroine of this book has periods. Painful ones. And she starts unexpectedly while staying over and the hero **brings her painkillers and changes the sheets and sends his flatmate out to buy sanitary towels** and if you don't want this book now I don't know what to say. Oh, how about the heroine works in STEM?

Jett is a great character: awkward, difficult, dragging herself out of a toxic relationship with a shitbag guy who tells her she's sexily broken so they belong together blah. In other b
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

You can listen to this ‘History is All You Left Me’ inspired playlist on Spotify. See the tracklist in Tumblr.

Feels Like Summer is achingly swoony, relatable, and authentic. I was squealing and fangirling over it while reading. It was a wondrous experience. Once again, Six de los Reyes delivers. If you love a well-balanced romance with a trope, “everything is fun and games until someone fall in love vibes,” you’re looking at the right book

The story follows Jett, who was roped into pretending to

preoccupiedbybooks
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sam (AMNReader)
There's so much good in this book. I enjoyed the characters--all of them. This is going to sound weird, considering I've read Sounds like Summer, but I expected this book to be lighter....and it just...wasn't.

The angst was a little suffocating, and honestly, if I were the heroine, so was the hero. The couple and the relationship just didn't feel like it had enough oxygen. But if I were the hero, it would feel like she were taking pieces of me. And he's all just waiting for her to show up. I foun
Geri Reads
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Loved it!
Jeanne
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Feels Like Summer is the first book of Six Delos Reyes that I have read. Reading this makes me want to go to a Beach Music Festival.

FLS was a fast paced, fun and hot (really hot :P) read exactly what I want for my summer. It has all the music, the boys that make me fangirling, the steamy scenes, and the drama.

I really liked the MC (Jett), she was fierce and at the same time cool. She takes no shit from anyone and she has this confidence that I want. Haha. She feels so real and her experience rel
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Six de los Reyes broke me into a million pieces. And it's such a good feeling.

Feels Like Summer brought me back to life. It's such a good romance book, you all. I literally recommend everyone to pick it up and read it. Six writes really great otps and the interactions between them are some of the best I have read in books in general. She drews them out and makes us hurt and be in pain but in the end it's so worth it. I can assure you this.

There are rock boy bands and it's glorious. I love the
mo
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
really sweet, with a great protagonist. rtc!
Mónica BQ
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm officially a Six de los Reyes fan.

The Summer Storm series has unlikable heroines and chill heroes. It's a combo that I love.

In this book Jett is cynic extraordinaire and Adrian is just trying to move on from a breakup that broke more than a relationship. What I love about the book is that Jett is seriously an unsympathetic character and I almost feel there's no redemption arc for her. She's borderline, almost, too close to the line, nasty. She's cold, disagreeable and basically only thinks a
Amanda
I loved this book from beginning to end. It's not that I'm... surprised, but it's just always nice to not know what to expect when you open a book and to get immediately sucked and not want the story to end.

This story is narrated in the first person present POV by Jett, and she's a big part of why I loved it. I enjoy this author's writing--I've read one previous book of hers--and with Jett, she's created an irreverent, funny, sometimes sarcastic, often cynical, and entirely wonderful female prot
claridge | booknomnom
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is also available on my blog! Check it out, ya?
BLURB

Five-minute girlfriend. This is what Jett signs up for when she meets Adrian and his band Arabella at beach music festival Summer Storm. One kiss and the attraction is too electric to ignore, but Jett has no room for love and Adrian is Mr. Relationship who’s getting over his recent breakup. The solution? Keep it simple. Keep it casual. For three months (that’s the rule about breakups, right?), Jett helps Adrian move on and Adrian sh
Amanda (Fandomly Bookish)
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story kicks-off when Jett was approached by Franklin and Kenny, members of a band named Arabella, and asked to pretend to be their front-man’s, Adrian, girlfriend. With a backstage pass to Isaiah on the line, Jett grabs the opportunity and set-off to rescue Adrian from his ex-girlfriend who’s currently parading herself with his new man. But five minutes with Adrian and an unexpected explosive kiss shared ultimately changed everything.

“It’s a careful progression of notes building toward a cli
Kathleen Adraneda
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
First, I started this book without knowing that the first page would make me smile, I started this without knowing that once I opened the first page, there is no turning back, and there is no stopping. You would want Adrian all for yourself.

The first few pages made me crave for more. All throughout the book, I feel loved, happy, and angry. There are times that I, can relate to Jett especially on friendships and fears.

Overall, I love this book. It feels refreshing to read a unique love story that
Fay
Having read two books in the Summer Storm series, this music festival is something I really wish I could go to. (Probably when I’m old enough for my parents not to worry. And when they’re okay with me meeting the real-life versions of the Arabella boys. #HartHart)

Feels Like Summer is funny, steamy, sexy, swoony, and fluffy all in one. I loved it, and I think you will, too. ❤

Full review on my book blog: http://wp.me/p4gfJt-K0
laura
fast, but cute and quirky.

I wasn’t sure I was going to like this in the beginning but it was such a cute read? I honestly feel like there needs to be more to this story! Or I just want more! It was a short read, but the author was easily able to get character and relationship growth so well. Along with making every character their own with their own amazing characteristics. I’m honestly going to miss every character especially Adrian, Jett, and the band. Can I have more? I miss them already
jesse
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: laugh-out-loud, 2019
this is such a great book.

it depicts a healthy relationship with a beta hero. the heroine is trying to cut off a dysfunctional and extremely toxic relationship which puts some obstacles in the couple's relationship to work through. there's a lot of nerdy fangirling over video games and bands which i loved. since i also have really painful menstrual cramps it was great to see how the hero organises pads, medicine and changes the sheets. <3
Sofia (Bookish Wanderess)
*3,7 stars*
natalie
I feel so blessed to have been able to read the new Six de los Reyes early ahhhh. And no surprise here it was so damn good.

Right off i loved Jett and the Arabella band boys. They all had these very different personalities and yet meshed so well. Adrian my adorable son, Franklin i don't even know what to say about this guy he was pretty funny, Michael Brian (and his legendary abs) *praise hand emoji* lol, Kenny who shockingly had more pull as an intern than expected. All the guys so fun.

I loved
Book  Minx
Lovely discovery of self-worth and growth beyond toxic relationships. I especially liked that he is set up as the “broken” one in need of fixing but she gets the opportunity to learn (and embrace) her value.

Just to be clear - neither “fixes” the other. They both grow and open themselves to vulnerability but they also both put in the work to do so for themselves.
Miel Salva
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a lot of feelings that I want to to talk about it with someone but I'm not sure if spoilers are allowed. I mean, I'm already spoiling some details but I'm going to keep it at a minimum. Although... what's minimum? hahahaha.

I do believe that with every new story, the author is challenging herself. And it is very apparent in this story because it's darker and steamier than her previous works. Still, Six is able to deliver.

What was the story about and what I liked about it:
Guy is recovering f
Katie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reasons to Read (and then Praise) Feels Like Summer:

1. Amazing character development in a mere 186 pages. (view spoiler)

2. Adrian is such a sweetheart. Just the sweetest. I want him to stress clean my room, thanks.

3. Guest-starring Trainman!!! From Grumpy Kim appearances to Shinta Mori men
Flo
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance, new-adult
3-4 stars. I think if I had read this at another time I would have liked it more. In fact, there wasn't much I actively disliked about it. It just didn't move me much. I liked Jett and I liked Adrian. I really liked the band, Arabella, and their friend group. (All of their interactions were definitely my favorite part of the story and could have read several more chapters about all of them teasing each other.) I liked that it was sex-positive, but that it approaches how messy and complicated sex ...more
karla
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it but I felt there were some stuff that needed more development. Also, some of Jett's behaviors felt a little... I don't know. I know where she comes from and I understand her but her attitude towards Adrian made me feel conflicted at times, especially at the beginning.

I still liked the book though, it reminded me of "Atheists Who Kneel and Pray" by Tarryn Fisher, but this was way less messy. (And better, tbh). I've highlighted a lot of stuff, there are some really good quotes here and
Karen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018, series
Loved this one!

Fun start that led to something a bit more complicated with a prickly but wholly relateable heroine - but thanks to the steady, sweeeet hero, this remained fairly low angst and swoony.

I also loved the band dynamics and how they brought Jett into the fold and how there was no shaming of Adrian's ex by Jett.

This one is on KU and I know I'l be reading a lot more from this author!
Alysia
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so good for so many reasons that I'm too tired to explain. But the banter and relationships in this were A+. Especially the ones between the Arabella bandmates, and between Jett and them. That coupled with a good romance with chemistry and it's everything I needed.

Also I just really love Jett.
Caryssa
News flash: this damsel is not in distress. In this story, the damsel is the dragon.
"You don’t get to save your heart from breaking by pretending you don’t have one. That’s not how this works. You think you can control everything with your rules but that’s also not how this works."
Margaret
Romanceopoly Read #1 - Subway Downtown: Rockstar Romance

There’s a lot to love about this book - STEM heroine with a fun job, cinnamon roll rock star hero with awesome band mates. But I didn’t quite love it for some reason. I wish there were more plot happening outside their relationship.
Aira Irish
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love it. It contain so much feels to handle...
Shawna
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Unapologetic Roma...: Six de los Reyes // Feels Like Summer 5 20 Aug 26, 2018 04:37PM

• Tikka Chance on Me
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • My Imaginary Ex (Chic Manila, #1)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Mating the Huntress
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • Deliver (Deliver, #1)
  • Sweet on the Greek (Just for Him, #3)
  • Falling for Jordan (A Different Kind of Love, #2)
  • That Kind of Guy (Chic Manila, #5)
  • Mayhem (Mayhem, #1)
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)

Summer Storm (2 books)