Start by marking “She Will Rise” as Want to Read:
She Will Rise

She Will Rise

Luna Mendes has come home from college for Easter. She finds her mother bedridden, far more ill than she feared. Her stepfather hasn’t changed, though. And that is a problem. Before the weekend is out, something will rise against the darkness that has haunted her family.
Kindle Edition
Published April 10th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about She Will Rise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Will Rise

Start your review of She Will Rise
Dianne
Her late twin sister had five tips for life, but only four were written down. Now, three years later, Luna comes home for Easter, her bed-ridden mother and a nightmare of a stepfather. This Easter was going to be different, this Easter she would make the day special for her mother, this Easter she would remember those tips and she would discover the missing fifth tip. This Easter would be different.

SHE WILL RISE by Calvin Demmer celebrates another dark tale of epic proportions! Mr. Demmer is an author who can tadifferent.
SHE
S.J. Budd
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She Will Rise is the latest tale to be released by Calvin Demmer in the Dark Celebrations series. In this tale we are introduced to Luna Mendes who has returned home for Easter to care for her sick mother.
Luna is tortured with loneliness, death has not been a stranger to her but she is determined to make the best of things by living her life by Isabella's five tips for a kick-ass life.

She soon diverts attention form her own suffering to that of her mother, Selma whilst trying t
Donna
Nov 07, 2019
Theresa Braun
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a short story, there is some really good characterization here. Demmer spends time making us hate Luna’s stepfather, which is one of the things that makes this tale work. There is also a slow reveal about some of the details regarding Luna, such as the fact that she’s lost a twin sister in an accident. In fact, Luna’s life seems to be marred by more than one tragedy, making us sympathize with her. I can’t give away too much more, since that will utterly ruin it for you. However, I will add t ...more
Petr
Jul 12, 2017
Gothika
Mar 23, 2017
Abigail
Apr 18, 2017
Sheilah
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
She Will Rise was captivating. A domestic situation that goes batty. I felt drawn in by the ill mother and daughter relationship from the beginning. My only wish is that it had been longer in order to establish the twist that occurs in the end. It felt a bit rushed, and I felt that the protagonist needed more time to feel her rage. In addition, I would have benefited from some kind of explanation for the events that unfolded. I felt there was too much unexplained. Therefore, great beginning and ...more
Alec's
Tamara Mendes
Apr 19, 2017
Sunshine Somerville
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one of the few I've read from this author where I really thought it almost needed to be longer. Everything she figures out about the stepdad and the mother is really quick, and of course things escalate quickly, but I didn't have time to really get invested.
The twist/horrific event of this short is once again creepy and perfect. You definitely get a sense of satisfaction.
I again would recommend reading this, but there are others by this author that are more my favorites.
Liz
L.
Sep 23, 2019
Sandra Pfeifer
Sep 23, 2019

• Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5, #5.5)
  • Lullaby of Flames
  • The Kennedy Boys Box Set (Books 4 - 7)
  • Maggie's Man (Family Secrets, #1)
  • Dreams of Lake Drukka & Exhumation (Short Sharp Shocks! #31)
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me #5.5)
  • Dearest Clementine: Dark and Romantic Monstrous Tales
  • Torn (Selfish Myths, #2)
  • Darkling's Beasts and Brews: Poetry with a Drink on the Side
  • Night Warden (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #3)
  • The Guardian of Blackbird Inn
  • Escaping Grace (The Turning, #2)
  • Sons of Fire
  • The Grace Year
  • Blood and Salt (Blood and Salt, #1)
  • Sketch
  • The Call of Death
Calvin Demmer is the author of The Sea Was a Fair Master and The Town That Feared Dusk. When not writing, he is intrigued by that which goes bump in the night and the sciences of our universe.