Start by marking “Always (Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book One)” as Want to Read:
Always (Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book One)

Always (Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book One)

International bestselling author London Saint James’ first installment from Two Hearts, One Soul Duet is the epic tale of abiding love, heart-wrenching loss, and an astonishing bond that will find a way to endure.

Winter Perri never truly understood love until she met Austin Carlyle—the man who would rock her world to its foundations and give her something to believe in. B
Published April 6th 2017 by LSJ Romance

To ask other readers questions about Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always

Start your review of Always (Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book One)
Tasha Mahoney
Overall Rate: 4

Performance Rate: 4

Story Rate: 4

Always is a well constructed romance (Book one of a duet) initially focussing on the blossoming romance of Winter and Austin. Their love story begins in college, and after several years of dating they are about to be married when an accident changes the path of Winter’s life. Winters story is then set 13 years in the future (In the present time). Winter receives a call that makes her past, present and future collide.

Tor Thom and Charley Ongel work r
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The story has several ups and downs, making me feel like I was on an emotional roller coaster, you know the kind you can’t wait to get back on again. I can't wait to read what happens in the next book!
Always is an exceptional romance that I would recommend again and again! http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Pinky
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant! Ms. St. James has written a masterpiece that will have you laughing, crying, hoping, and believing in the beauty of true love.
Desiree reilly
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW the audio book is great
I got the book as audio it is full size book it had 60 chapter and what the book is about waitress/ college student who was working as a waitress to make money for school.Well the girl is all way running late with classes she runs to her dorm room lucky i only have me and it a mess so what no room mate.Well winter why i have the name i don.t know but it OK.
Winter work in restaurant and the boss was a ass in half . Well she get to work an then her boss who is total jerk
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
This has been quite a roller coaster! A love story about heartbreaks and second chances. Winter Perri and Austin Carlyle had it good when they started seeing each other, I thought there's was quite romantic and sensational.. Until everything shattered to pieces on the eve of their wedding day, and I thought I wouldn't be able to recover myself.

I really thought there's nothing more that would make me cry the moment Winter Perri's body had gone limp upon hearing the news about her beloved. My hear
Caitlyn Lynch
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
I think I've got a case of whiplash from how hard the theme changed smack bang in the middle of this book. The first half was the sweetest, fluffiest romance I've ever read... seriously, I was reading a lot of it with raised eyebrows, wondering where the heck the conflict was going to come from, or if there was even going to be any.

And then BAM.

Without any warning, all that sweet fluffiness is ripped away, and the entire second half of the book is basically just one massive storm of angst. I a
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Perri was living her life without really living, but all that changed when he came into her life. He loved her more than life itself and strives to show just how special she is, how beautiful she is, how loved she is every single day. He opened her eyes to a life full of hope, love, and dreams.

Everything was coming together just as he promised her it would and couldn't wait to start their life together as husband and wife.

But then her life gets turned upside and sends her into a tailspin.
Misti
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Always, Book one in the Two Hearts One Soul Duet, was my first book by London Saint James and it will NOT be my last. London does a fantastic job of making us fall head over heels for both Winter and Austin as a couple. This story is narrated by Tor Thom and Charley Ongel and they are also "New To Me" narrators. They do a fantastic job bringing these two to life in grand form. Always is Winter's story, a story of a great love and even greater loss. Our sweet Winter finds what every woman
Lilly Charysma
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I must say I’ve read this book in one day – so that must say something. I did enjoy it very much, especially towards the end. This emotional story about knowing love, loss and healing is breathtaking. Though I have to admit there were some parts that were not to my taste, I hereby offer my 4 stars.

The romance developed between our main character – whose POV we’re offered – and Austin. She feels this instant attraction and need to have him close. They develop something that many of us would onl
Toula
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio book review
Book 1 in the series. Wow what more can I say . This story is my first by the author . I like how the author built up the story with the two characters it shows what they are going through before the hero and heroine connect .
The story is more believable that way . There was an issue with Winter the heroine that Austin the hero helped her overcome. There was a hot chemistry between them . There was other issues that had them go their separate ways . Grab it and see what happen
Love Africa Book Club
Some stories just grab a hold of your from the beginning and don't let go even after the last page. This is one of those stories that blends sweet and angsty romance in a way that tugs your emotions from endearing to energetic.

When student Winter meets Austin by chance, they fall in love in such a beautiful way, nothing and no one separating them. But just before they are meant to get married, Austin is killed in an accident.
Winter is devastated and withdraws into the fictional world of writing
Tracy Banach
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Listened to the audio book. It was fabulous! Loved the narrators too!
Patty
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be ready to feel every emotion when you pick up this book! London Saint James has created a world of young love, tragedy, grieving and new chances at love. Winter and Austin are a young couple that meet and have that instant love at first sight connection. When tragedy hits, and Winter is faced with going on without Austin, she ends up just going through the motions, not getting over her grief. When a new light comes forward, it's up to Winter to decide what is real, and how her life will contin ...more
Karen Shortridge
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotional story all about knowing love, loss and healing and was a truly emotional read.
Winter feels an instant attraction to Austin and they have what many of us could only dream of having. When something tragic happens she can't find the reasons to go on but things that are meant to be end up re-arranging. This book is truly full of emotion with so much detail that you are definitely drawn into their lives and you will be left still thinking about it after you have finished.
Fani
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
“The moment I looked into his eyes, my world shifted. Somehow, I knew he would be the one I was meant to love.”

In some cases it is the little things that make a story unique while in others the story makes an impact to the reader due to some very important events that happened in it. For “Always” it is a mixture of both cases, there is the big twist towards the end of the book that made this book memorable to me and keeps me excited for the next installment. But there are also all th
Kathleen
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author. I enjoyed the book but I will say that it took a bit for me to get into it as I felt the first part was a bit too sweet. People are always looking for their soulmate and they clearly found it but it just seemed like everything was wonderful and they lived in a bubble.
The author wrote Winter in such a way that the reader will feel each emotion that she is going through. You will be happy, shed tears and be amazed when love returns.
The hero is written well bu
Kimmie
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! Damn what a book. Now that I composed myself I think I can honestly review this book now. This book this extremely well-crafted. It has a good flow and is easy to read.

This book is about winter Perry. In her great love for Austin. I need to warn you. You will need a full box of tissues for this book. It is a sweet and wonderful stories love, Los and love again. But halfway through this book, tragedy strikes. And if you're a sappy person like me you'll be crying so have those tissues h
Elisha
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm just going to say it. I loved this book. I love the authors writing style and creativity. Although it is a bit difficult for me to talk about the plot of this story without giving spoilers, I will attempt all the same. This story is essentially about love and love surviving all that life throws at it. It's about a woman who was lucky enough to find true love in the first place. Then, that love is shattered to pieces in an instant and her dealing with a broken heart until her past becomes pre ...more
Lynn Reynolds
What made the experience of listening to Always the most enjoyable?
I would have to say that Mr. Thom and Ms. Ongel are what made this story come to life. I can honestly say that I have a major crush on this couple. One thing that was a surprise, and at first caught me off guard, was the use of sound effects.

What other book might you compare Always to and why?
I can't compare. It's not fair to those that narrate or to the authors. Plus you would have to read a book where the plot is similar in ord
Janet
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished listening to this book the other day and I’m still not sure how to write this review for such an extraordinary story. I love the narrating duo of Charley Ongel and Tor Thom. This is not the first book I have listened to by these two narrators, but it is the first book I have read by London Saint James. I’ve already started on book two as this is one author I want to read more from.
Winter Perri is not your usual female leading character and I can’t really say too much without giving s
Mrs. Belle
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Prepare To Cry Your Eyes Out!

Oh, wow. Where to begin with this book review?

It's really hard to describe the plot of the book without giving away the story, so I will be a bit vague about it. What it is about is true love that endures all. The kind that every woman dreams about and would sell their soul to find in any lifetime. It's about how one woman found it through sheer luck at first, and through a miracle the next.

Author London St James took me on one great roller coaster romance ride and
Rock Chick
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
The narration by Charley Ongel & Tor Thom was spot on.

The drama and angst, the joy of young love was beautifully portrayed.

But the lovely narration couldn't save the story from itself.

The book was way long.

Half way in, tragedy strikes. Winter, the heroine loses the hero.

Years later we meet Winter and she is in a different phase in her life.

She gets a second chance at love. But that second chance hides a twist.

Like I mentioned, the book was long. I believed some chapters should have been cut. Th
Nicole B
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This audio was very well performed for a story that I believe was a bit too long. The blurb about the story does not prepare you for what actually happens. Which is not a bad thing, I was definitely surprised. The first third of this listen is sweet and a bit slow. It’s all about Winter finding her soulmate Austin. They have such an easy connection that I think the anticipation of the drama is what made it seem prolonged to me.
Once the second half started BAM it all turns and emotions get real.
Ginger
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review is on the audible version of this book. I must say I happened upon it when looking for books narrated by Tor Thom and Charley Ongel. I have listened to several of their narrations and enjoy listening to them. It is in Audibles Romance Package.

Ok having said that this story: starts out girl and guy meet at her work place. He pursues her, they date, fall in love, make plans to marry all is a normal typical romance, but the night of the rehearsal dinner devastation occurs and her life is
Lynn Zagrod
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book started out great. A bit long on the beginning of Austin and Winter's love. Then the tragedy. Very sad. But, when Caden comes into the picture and is 13 years Winter's junior, I was rooting for Chandler, more her age. Winter as a cougar ? I know, I know, "soul mates", but I still had trouble with their relationship. I know the "Bonus Scene" ties it all together. I would have preferred the "Bonus Scene" being earlier in the book. Overall, other than it being a bit too long for my liking ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
I can honestly say this book wrecked me emotionally. I haven't had a book do that to me in quite awhile. I bawled my eyes out for a solid half hour and couldn't stop crying once I started. The book is beautifully done. I can't bring myself to spoil anything that happened in the book. Grab a box of tissues and happy reading! ...more
Heather Merriman
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I rate it 3.5 Stars. I overall enjoyed the book. Pretty good storyline. Some parts were a little out there to me though. This book definitely has originality and even though there were subtle hints I hadn’t quite figured out where it was going until it was revealed at the end. I would definitely check out book 2. I hope it comes to audible soon! The narrators did a good job.
Ashley Hedden
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always (Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book One by London Saint James was a great read. This book takes you on a roller coaster of emotions. This is a book that once it males you happy completely guts you. Winter Perri has lived a life of love as well as tragic loss. Winter obtained and lost her true love and soul mate. I loved reading this book and can't wait to read the rest of this series. ...more
Daleen Beyleveldt
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Excellent Narration Style!!!!

If I could, I would only choose books with this narration style. The narrators were great.
Book two had potential but I could not relate. I was a bit disappointed, the story did not have merit like the 1st one had. It was a bit superficial. And honestly, I really battled to finish this one.
Veron
The reviews were so good, that I trudged through to about 80% of the way. I just couldn't get what was so brilliant and beautiful about Winter, the main character. Other than her looks of course. It was corny and waxing lyrical about how much they loved each other. So if you like over the top romance then maybe this would suit. It recapped too much for my liking too. ...more

• My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Hissy Fit (The Southern Gentleman #1)
  • Finding My Forever (Beaumont #3)
  • My Kind of Forever (Beaumont #5)
  • A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)
  • Just Exes (Blue Beech, #3)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Forever Our Boys (Beaumont, #5.5)
  • Perfect Rhythm
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • Breaking Character
  • Back to September
  • Goodnight Mind for Teens: Skills to Help You Quiet Noisy Thoughts and Get the Sleep You Need
  • Conflict of Interest (Portland Police Bureau, #1)
  • Backwards to Oregon (The Oregon Series, #1)
  • Next of Kin (Portland Police Bureau, #2)
London Saint James has lived in many places, but never felt “at home” until she met the real-life man of her dreams and settled down in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. London lives with her husband and their fat cat who thinks he owns them.

As an award-winning, international bestselling author, London is living her childhood dream. She knew all the scribbling she did, that big imaginat