Start by marking “Dear Girl,” as Want to Read:

Dear Girl,

The #1 New York Times bestseller that Today show co-anchor Hoda Kotb calls “a beautiful, beautiful book.”

The New York Times bestselling author of I Wish You More , Amy Krouse Rosenthal, and her daughter Paris Rosenthal collaborate to bring you the heartwarming and inspiring Dear Girl,

Dear Girl, is a remarkable love letter written for the special girl in your life; a gen
Published December 26th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dear Girl,, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Girl,

Erin
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-borrowed
If I had a daughter or a niece, I certainly would read this with her. Just beautiful!
Jillian Heise
I want to give this to all my nieces, my mom, all my girlfriends, any friends having a daughter, and all my female students.
Paul  Hankins
This is a book I have been "pitching" at Facebook to the parents of my students and to my high school friends who have daughters now. . .I'm sharing, sharing, sharing. While I say that this book would make an excellent graduation gift, it may be imperative in light of current events that the book not wait to be shared with young readers. Right now is the best to time to share that book. . .that one that you know has the words you mean to convey. That book is Dear Girl,.

Note that Dear Girl, carri
Alex (not a dude) Baugh
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: advice, picture-book
This is the book I wish I had when my Kiddo was growing up (and after reading it, she wishes she had it, too). Each two page spread is a missive offering advice to young girls. My favorite is “Dear Girl, Find people like you. Find people unlike you.” There are lots more practical and fanciful lessons about living a full life to be found, including advice about breaking stereotypes, taking care of oneself, and taking changes. While the book offers guidance, it isn’t overly sentimental or suffocat ...more
EricaEreads
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
I'm not crying, you're crying.
Abigail
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Inspirational Picture-Books for Girls
Shelves: picture-books
A sweet picture-book advice manual addressed to one particular girl - one suspects it was intended for co-author Paris Rosenthal, from her mother, celebrated picture-book author Amy Krouse Rosenthal - Dear Girl, is the sort of book that can be shared with all girls. Each two-page spread features a letter, and piece of advice, from raising one's hand, because you have something intelligent to say, to getting to know people who are like AND unlike you.

An affirmational book, one which is made parti
Tina
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this on what would've been my beautiful grandmom's 112th birthday! My first biological grandbaby, a girl, soon will be born. Her two sisters are also my grandbabies. These "little girls", as the eldest (Ally who is almost 4) reminds us, need this book & need this story read to them every night, no matter which one of us is doing the reading!
Kirsti
I am so sad that Amy Krouse Rosenthal is gone. This is a children's picture book of advice and encouragement. The art is fun and intriguing.
Becky
First sentence: Dear Girl, Keep that arm raised! You have smart things to say!

Premise/plot: Each spread in this picture book is a short message, a letter, if you will addressed to Dear Girl.

Dear Girl, Find people like you. Find people unlike you.

Dear Girl, You won't be invited to every single party on the planet. (Which is really okay--can you imagine how exhausting that would be?)

Dear Girl, Sometimes you've just gotta stop...and DANCE!

My thoughts: This picture book is for readers of all ag
Amber
Dear Girl,
This book was written just for you. It speaks to all the things you know and the things you have yet to learn, it speaks to who you are and who you will be, it speaks to your joy and your pain. Amy Krouse Rosenthal brings us another gem with the help of her daughter and Holly Hatam. A new favorite for me. I want to buy a copy for every girl or woman in my life and share the messages found within these pages with them!
Earl
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get ready to bawl your eyes out with this sweet, life-affirming picture book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. Gather the girls in your life and have them read this one.
Marissa Elera
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A tender, honest message for women,girls, and female-identified people of all ages, really.
Joss
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS.
Julie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
A lovely book celebrating what it means to be a girl.
Michelle
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for YA Books Central

A fantastic way to empower little girls.

The story:
The book follows a little girl as she's told most of life's biggest lessons. Lessons that many adults never learned. The pages begin with "Dear Girl" and then go on to give them little nuggets such as "Never lose your sense of wonder." "There's no such thing as too many questions." "And if you want to say no, say no."

What I loved:
Every single thing in this book is something I'd want to share with the young girls I lov
Linda
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are many books by Amy Krouse Rosenthal that I love, and I've managed to own quite a few too. I will have to purchase a second one because this must move on to be owned, read and loved by my granddaughters. Each page is filled with goodness about life (not a surprise) and about the life being a girl, too. "Dear Girl, don't ever lose your sense of wonder." and "Dear Girl, Find people like you. Find people unlike you." It makes me happy that Amy and her daughter wrote this together, and sad t ...more
Jana
In a world that isn’t always encouraging or kind to girls or young women, Amy Krouse Rosenthal and her daughter, Paris, wrote this awesome letter to girls. The book jacket has this special note: “Dear Girl, This book is for you. Wonderful, smart, beautiful you. If you ever need a reminder, just turn to any page in this book and know that you are special and you are loved.” The clever, collage illustrations work with the awesome message of this book to create a wonderful gift to share with any of ...more
Paulette
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
The literary legacy continues for much loved children’s author Amy Krouse Rosenthal, who passed away last March 2017. She worked on a picture book with her daughter Paris which has just been published. It is a sweet tribute to daughters of every kind and an encouragement to young girls to find their own way in discovering what makes them wonderful, smart, and beautiful. Illustrations by Holly Hatam are as whimsical as the text. Be sure to share this reading experience with a little girl in your ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
This book! Oh how I love this book! I need to own this book! (So many exclamation marks!) I think every girl needs to read this (old or young or in-between). Just so she can realize that the world is a place for her too. Seriously. All girls should read this. And love it. And internalize it. So. Good.
Cheriee Weichel
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book for my son, daughter in law, and granddaughter based on reviews of people I trust. I'm sure glad I did.
This books is a celebration of being who you are. My favourite page spread reads:
Find people like you.
Find people unlike you.

That's good advice for everyone!
Michelle Nero
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I love that Amy and Paris wrote this book together ... that mother-daughter relationship is powerful! The messages shared are the words I want to share with my daughters at age 7.5, 13, 18, 22 and so on ... they are timeless encouraging reminders. Adore the illustrations from Holly as well!
Michele Knott
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, but it's sharing it with my daughter that makes it more special.
Kathryn
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Absolutely the perfect pairing of a strong message, an adorable character and wonderful illustrations.
Russ Anderson
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As my daughter read this book to me, I just about lost it. This is such a sweet book about love, empowerment, self-affirmation, curiosity, and everything else we need more of in the world.
meg
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
excuse me while i weep. miss you, amy krouse rosenthal <3
KC
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Power, emotions, and the everyday ups and down of being a girl!
Samantha Ania
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I am crying at work because this is a beautiful and empowering and sweet book for girls. I'm currently considering buying it for all my friends.
Mrs. Krajewski
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs to read this. Yes, it will empower young girls, but, more importantly, it will spark conversations.
Meredith
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too bad this came out the day after Christmas, or everyone I know could have bought it for their daughters. A 2018 gift!
Jessica Furtado
LOVE every page. Amy Krouse Rosenthal was one of the greatest contemporary gems in children's literature. Every girl I know is getting a copy of this for her birthday this year.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Treasure Box
  • The Journey
  • Imagine

SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was.
She divided her time.

NOT SO SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was a person who liked to make things.
Some things she liked to make include:

Children's books. (Little Pea, Spoon, DuckRabbit)
Grown-up books. (Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life)
Short films. (The Beckoning of Lovely, The Money Tree)
Guided journals. (The Belly Book)
Something o