Start by marking “Acquisition (Takeover Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Acquisition (Takeover Duet, #1)

Acquisition (Takeover Duet #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  1,076 Ratings  ·  332 Reviews
He’s the hottest man she’s ever seen—and her worst enemy.

Ambitious, high-powered CEO Lauren Bradley is one press release away from catapulting her corporation to new heights. Her team is close to a breakthrough that will revolutionize the world—all they need is a little more time.

Rival CEO Antonio Forte is arrogant, controlling, and sexy as hell. He’ll stop at nothing to
Paperback
Published October 24th 2017 by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about Acquisition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acquisition

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!

Book 1 in duet.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
A one-night stand with a handsome stranger wasn't a problem--until he tries to STEAL her company.
Ambitious, high-powered CEO Lauren Bradley is one press release away from catapulting her company to new heights. Rival CEO, Antonio Forte is arrogant, controlling, and sexy.
She should know, since Antonio's a one-night stand she thought she'd never see again.
Antonio wants to t
Coco.V
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“You can’t stop what you’ve started. We’re at war, Mr. Forte. No matter how well you kiss, I’ll never forget the simple fact that you’re trying to destroy my company and, by default, me. We are nothing. We will never be more than enemies. »

Completely seduced! I just enjoyed the heck out of this book. This is a super sexy, angsty and intense story about Lauren and Antonio, two rival CEOs that have a nameless one-night stand that will change the course of their business and their hearts. Loved t
Snow
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
yeah, yeah...another one of those "enemies to lovers" trope...

but I can't help it...

it's sooooo lick-a-licious...lol

And I fuckin loved it!

Review when i make time👍
Nadia
I tried. I honestly did, but the heroine's sheer stupidity and the hero's creepy persistence in pursuing the heroine are what ultimately made me lose all my patience and just give up. It was either that or throwing my reader against the wall.

Let's start with Lauren. She's this super big deal at her company. She's, like, really smart (and a very stable genius hehe), she's got science and business majors, she's the CEO of this AMAZING company and she sorta co-developed an AMAZING machine. Girl got
Beth
Wow! This book had me captivated from the start! This author out did herself this time! Absolutely rocked it!

Acquisition is book one in this enemies to lover’s duet. Aerospace industries competitors #1 Cozzo Industries CEO Antonio Forte vs #2 Interstellar CEO Lauren Bradley. Both are smart, sexy and competitive. A chance encounter turns into a sexy thriller that has a terrific plot, twists and turns that have you on the edge of your seat, and sexual tension that is off the charts! There is myst
Erin Lewis
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Acquisition (Takeover Duet #1) by Chelle Bliss

Be prepared this ends in a monumental cliff hanger......but, Chelle Bliss has already announced that the conclusion will release in late November. This is one of my favourite reads of 2017 and one I highly recommend.

What happens when a one night stand, you never expect to meet again, turns out to be the CEO of a company determined to takeover the company you have given your all for?

This is the predicament Intersteller Corp CEO Lauren
K.I. Lynn
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Science, strong chicks, enemies, and hot sex, oh my! ;)

I love Chelle Bliss and I first heard about this book on Book+Main and knew it was up my ally. So right!!!

More to come once my brain gets back into gear from vacation...
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Review: Acquisition by Chelle Bliss Acquisition by Chelle Bliss is book One in the "Takeover Duet" series. This is the story of Lauren Bradley and Antonio Forte. This book does end with a cliffhanger to set you up for their continuing story in the next book called "Merger ". Lauren is a CEO of a large company that is having some issue and after a hard day she goes to a bar for a few drinks. This lands her to have a one night stand with Antonio. Antonio is CEO of his own rival company who wants t ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cliffhanger, loved-it
I am a big fan of Chelle Bliss. Each book I read of hers I love even more. I inhale her books and this is no different as I read it in one fabulous day. I couldn’t get it out of my head until I’d finished it.

This was a really great enemies to lovers read. The storyline and the pace was faultless. Lauren and Antonio are two CEOs of rival companies. I love these two. I thought in their own way they each had so much going for them. Very likeable. The chemistry between them is off the charts and th
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
An out of this world enemies to lovers story, I loved it, and need Merger NOW!!!

I want it all. I want her. I want Interstellar. I want everything. I’m the type of man who’s used to getting it too.

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a book in one sitting but that’s exactly what happened with Acquisition. Having had the book sitting on my e-reader for weeks, I am now kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I love stories which swing from enemies to lovers and whilst they are indirect enemies,
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Wowza, this was one heck of an enemies-to-lovers story! I found myself rooting for Lauren and Antonio to get past their business rivalry to the good part. You know, the fun, sexy, snarky, lovely love that awaits them if they'd just open their hearts to all that they could be together.

I fully understood Lauren's hesitation. Her realistic take on how things might "look" to those outside of their relationship--women get the short end of the stick when it comes to office romance most of the time. B
Amy
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5, I need Book 2 NOW, Stars!!

“I’ve never been one to play nice.”

“Antonio Forte will not be my undoing.”

“Words can betray, but our bodies tell the real truth.”

Holy Crap, was this ever a fun read! From the moment I met Lauren, I was just captivated by her story. I mean, it’s not everyday, you encounter a totally badass CEO! Lauren was smart, independent and sexy. She proves that she just isn’t beautiful, but also has brains too. Lauren is on top of the world…except where her love life is concern
Nancy Metsch
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Spoiler free review**
Chelle did an amazing job with Acquisition!!!
I loved Lauren Bradley, she is in a position that is normally dominated by men. She's CEO od Intersteller Corp. They are company that is trying to make space travel over and beyond what it is now....One night after a really ROUGH day Lauren goes to a bar to have a drink or 5
Antonio Forte is a force to be reckon with he happens to be the CEO of Cozza. Which happens to be Lauren's company's biggest competition.
What I truly l
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

5b364e82bfa5ab314dd0305d1b3e6d

Acquisition by Chelle Bliss is a sexy fast paced thrilling romance that was full of twists, passion, and duplicity. Right off the opening pages, Chelle Bliss will have you hooked. Readers will be going crazy and begging for more as the power struggle and banter between the characters will have you on edge. So if you are looking for a wickedly entertaining romance that was intense and deliciously satisfying then this book is for you.

#Acquisition

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zpswfdmsygo.png  photo facebook_zps1wwq8tos.png  photo twitter_zps0xbxljb4.png
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review

I am a die hard Chelle Bliss fan and have been so ever since meeting City and Suzy in Throttle Me and have grown to love her writing the more I have gotten to know her characters and fell deeply for all of them. I was beyond excited to begin on another fictional journey with a new hero and heroine that I knew would soon have the temperature boiling and my heart racing and Chelle Bliss did not prove me wrong! It wasn't long into Lauren and Antonio's
JL Roberts
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

So this ends in a total cliff hanger......but, never fear, book 2 is set to come out at the end of November and the anticipation, I'm sure will be worth the wait.

This book has it all, a sexy, dominating alpha male, and a head strong, determined leading female. The two make a powerful couple outside of the board room but being they are in warring companies they have to hide their attraction, and possible relationship?

Love
Saunders
Good. Refreshingly different. Straight onto book 2

Agh I'm not. Book 2 not out until November!
Shyralf
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Intriguing story, not to be missed with a tummy clenching cliffy. Off to read book 2.
Rough Draft Book Blog
Acquisition: Takeover Duet, Book 1 by Chelle Bliss
Lauren & Antonio
WOW, THIS IS SUPER HOT!
5 Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this book. It kept me on my toes most of the time and filled my heart with hope! It was riveting, thought provoking, and it gives a girl confidence. At least it did for me!

Lauren Bradley is a very accomplished young woman, but even with her success she has never lost sight of where she came from or where she’s headed. She is a well-rounded character with smarts, s
Kim
I liked this, while I had some problems with it, which are listed below, I enjoyed it.

The heroine was strong, and the hero was sexy when he went by his real name Ah hem.

So if you're looking for a quick, sexy, entertaining enemies to lovers book, jump right it.

My three problems with Acquisition may seem petty, but they bothered me nonetheless.

First, let's start with his "fake one-night stand name" it was so close to Laurens nickname. I just couldn't get behind the name lol. It wasn't sexy.

Secondl
Michelle Eriksen
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book and seriously wanted to yell at the author when you finished and ask them how they could leave you there... Well this is that book. Seriously I need the next book because I want more. This one ends in a cliffhanger, but it is so worth the read, even if we do have to wait a bit.

This one is a little different than what I'm used to reading by Chelle Bliss, but I think it is in a good way. Antonio is hot, powerful, rich, and used to getting what he wants and he wants Lauren
Rebecca
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Acquisition (noun)

1: the act or action of acquiring; specifically:the obtaining of controlling interest in a company — compare merger, takeover. 2: a thing gained or acquired.

Acquisitions and takeovers are a common practice in today’s business world because of the nature of the times as well as the competitiveness that runs rampant in a world where only the strong survive. Fighting dirty and using alternative methods of persuasion will always be the norm because rising to the top is the ultimate
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

Sexy, enemy-to-lover part one.

I love a one-night stand turned "oh damn" the next day.

Lauren is a high-powered CEO who dreams of the stars. Antonio an equally powerful CEO looking to buy Lauren's company. One she is not giving up, ever. Both of these characters are smart and thoughtful, but want very different things. And so begins this smart and complex story.

I enjoyed this book and I was excited to see where we were going to leave off. It was a journey. There is sabotage and a difference of o
Nancy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You just need to know this name Antonio Forte, who has that type of sexy name? Just a strong alpha and oh so hot man!

Lauren and Antonio chemistry was so strong and powerful. As CEOs and a couple they were amazing.
With one night stand wasn’t enough, but the two powerful CEOs are not going to twist their hand to show weakness in the others.

This book definitely makes me feel super hot, the story was amazing and this author is a genius!!! That cliffhanger was omg!!!! I need the next book now!

If yo
Angel Payne
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You guys, this book. THIS BOOK!! Where do I start? Seriously?
Let me say, first of all, that I really loved all of Chelle Bliss's Men of Inked books. The Gallos are near and freakin' dear to my heart. But holy eff, make way for the Fortes--and the books that I sincerely hope shall be written about them after this stunning introduction. Good freaking lord, that Antonio Forte...he's every inch a dark, gorgeous, incredible Italian lover--including that key element of setting his sights on our heroin
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I absolutely loved this book!! Ms. Bliss has outdone herself. This is one of the best enemies to lovers book I've read this year.
What happens when a strong smart independent female CEO goes head to head with her biggest rival? She kicks butt and takes names. She isn't going to let the hot sexy Italian take away everything she's worked for.....but....the chemistry is undeniable. The awareness every time he's near is getting out of hand.
Can Lauren keep Antonio away from her company and out of her
Rose
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! What an amazing book! This is book 1 of 2. This book had me hooked from page 1 and I didn't put down until I was finished and holy cliffhanger. Can't wait to read the next book 'Merger'. I received an ARC for an honest review. Must read!!!!
Ambrosia
Oct 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
What a let down ugh how can a hero that powerful not be an alpha? I just don't get it
Lindsey King
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes!!!!!! Damn, Chelle! Lady you freakin rock! With the rough year you have had youd never know it by your words. This book! OMG! I am in love! The story is super different and not something read over and over by a different author. Its seriously amazing. Now I am left hanging. Wondering if my girl is going to come out on top. This has seriously turned into one of my favorite solo Bliss reads. Theres angst, tension, sadness, happiness.... all the ups and downs to hook you on a story and ...more
Crystal Wilke
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot Damn Chelle is at it again. Acquisition is off the hook! Antonio is swoon worthy and Lauren is bad a**. This book is filled with action, surprises, romance and twist n turns. You don't want to miss out on this book. I can't wait for the next book. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC for this book.
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
➡Chelle's Available Books: http://chellebliss.com/books
➡Coming
More about Chelle Bliss

Takeover Duet (2 books)
  • Merger (Takeover Duet, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)