Start by marking “Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary” as Want to Read:
Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary

Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Sheep have been disappearing from the flock outside Warmbriar. There’s a Stranger in town and whispers of beasts in the Bloodwood. Young Pilcrow is determined to find out what’s happening.

Pilcrow’s search brings him from the top of sleepy Tawidge Chapel, high above town, to the crypts far underground; from cozy Warmbriar to the busy streets and university halls of Dunboven
Published December 2016

To ask other readers questions about Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary
Jason Ruggles
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
This book has everything an active boy would like: fighting, food, chases, escapes, beasts, and document revisions. Document revisions? Yeah, you read that right. Deal with it.

The story follows Pilcrow, a boy with a vivid imagination living in the boring (but he'd've said tranquil) town of Warmbriar on the edge of The Bloodwood.

But something isn’t right.

An ominous stranger just came into town. Sheep are missing (I’d like to see the next printing of this book be called Pilcrow and the Case of t
April
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this one hard to put down. Full of great characters, mystery and adventure. Fans of books like The Chronicles of Narnia or the Septimus Heap series will enjoy the story and world that Bishop has created.
Len
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one fine story.

It's imaginative, moral, suspenseful, full of great characters and a moving plot. Highly recommended.
Marsha
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Benjamin Weatherby's Practical Bestiary was a great read for my husband and I. We couldn't put it down. We were immediately taken in from the start as the characters became known to us. As the story progressed, there were surprises and some rather scary and gross things, but in a good way. We highly recommend this book.

Josh Bishop is a great author, and one we wait with anticipation for another book of his to come out.
Abbi
Christine Holton
Nov 03, 2018
Daniel
Nov 04, 2018

• A Parent's Guide to Understanding Teenage Brains: Why They Act The Way They Do
  • The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)
  • Big Nate: In a Class by Himself (Big Nate Novels, #1)
  • A Light in the Attic
  • Falling Up
  • Lost and Found
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • My Brother Sam Is Dead
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans, #4)
  • Fairest
  • The Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963
  • Restart
  • The Slave Dancer
  • Lucky Strike
  • Out of My Mind
  • Stargirl (Stargirl, #1)
  • Love, Stargirl (Stargirl, #2)
  • Louisiana's Way Home
Josh Bishop lives in a cozy little house in West Michigan with his wife, their two sons, one dog, and one cat. He's spent the last ten years writing, editing, and publishing for print and digital media.