Start by marking “Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!” as Want to Read:
Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!

Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Join Mama and Buddy Bear's stroll through the seasons as they examine leaves on their favorite trees. With a wealth of information tucked into an engaging story, this informational picture book is a perfect pick for classroom investigations or story time. A chart on photosynthesis and a rub-a-leaf activity are included.
Published April 1st 2003 by Cavendish Square Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!

Brittany
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this book much more than I anticipated! This is a fictional story about a mommy bear and a baby bear going on leaf walks. This book contains alot of scientific facts, yet it is designed for younger children to understand. This book would be perfect for K-2nd grade students. This would be a great introduction to teaching the seasons and some of the subtle characteristics about each season. I love the quirky jokes that the baby bear comes up with after he creates an understanding
Darlene
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lled-402-catalog
Genre - fiction

reading level - K-3rd

topic and themes - collecting leaves during the different seasons and learning about leaves

curricula use - can be used to learn about leaves as in a science lesson, read aloud

Social - can be used to teach about seasons

literary elements - personification, imagery,

text and pictures - text and pictures go hand in hand to explain what the mama bear is teaching buddy bear

summary - This is a great story that talks about collecting leaves and the four different sea
Lynn
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a science book for young people from K-2 grades. Buddy Bear plays outside in the Spring and Mama takes him on a leaf walk. The leaf walk involves finding leaf buds and learning about how the buds will grow into leaves. There are science tools used in their observations such as a magnifying glass, colored pencils and ziplock bags. During the summer, Mama and Buddy actually collect leaves, observe the difference in leaves, parts of leaves and the trees they are taken from. Buddy and Mama d ...more
Miss Ryoko
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5

This is a very scientific book, which is what I really liked about it. I love introducing science to my students in ways that can be engaging to them. I would have definitely used this if I were still teaching the 4 and 5 year olds and we were doing a unit on leaves. I really liked the big tree diagram at the end.

The only problem is this book is a bit long. If I were to use it, I'd worry the kids would lose interest fast.

Unfortunately, I'm teaching three year olds and I don't t
Amber
Oct 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Adorable book. Ashley introduced this book to me in our fine arts for teachers class. I thought it would be great to share with students during the fall or whenever we are discussing trees and the change in seasons. To add to the lesson, Ashley told us to pass out different leaves to allow the children to see different kinds, shapes,and sizes. I would consider taking the students on a nature walk. She then would have the children trace the leaves and give them materials such as crepe paper and c ...more
Kandice Buck
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mama Bear and Buddy Bear enjoy going on walks throughout every season. As the go on their walks, Buddy Bear notices that the leaves are different as the seasons change. Mama Bear explains to Buddy why the leaves look the way they do.This is a very informative book for children yet it is enjoyable at the same time. It is great for children in a classroom and will help them understand the differences between the seasons.There are two different activities at the end of the book that could be used w ...more
Sandybear76
Good story. It reminds me of the kindergarteners going a leaf walks in the park 2-3 times during the school year. The story is set so that Buddy Bear and his mother take a walk during each of the 4 seasons and look at the leaves. The story is good but a bit scientiifical for the kindergarteners but a bit young for say 4-5th grades. Nancy Eliabeth Wallace has a few books similar to this one - Rocks! Rocks! Rocks! and Seeds! Seeds! Seeds! I do like Buddy Bear.
Christy
Oct 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collin
Buddy Bear and his mother go on leaf walks each season and Buddy learns about leaves and how they change.

Collin enjoyed learning about what happens to leaves throughout the different seasons. He is a little young to grasp all of the information but he enjoyed the book and a lot of it registered.

We enjoyed our own leaf walk after reading this book.
Jackie
Oct 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Buddy Bear and Mama go 'leaf walking' throughout the four seasons, and gather a lot of information about trees and leaves in the process. Factual information is at the back of the book.

Used for "Fall for Pumpkins" Storytime-October, 2009.
Fidelis
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
"Leaves! Leaves! Leaves!" is a story of a little bear and its mother going out seasonally to collect leaves. The story itself is appropriate for the age group but the science explained is very complex and is told in a way that supports a much older group of children.
Jasmine
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This also a great book to use when teaching the changes that you may see in the fall season. This book is filled with great pictures that students can easily connect to.
Phannie
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
I think this is a good children's book about Photosynthesis. It's simple and cute.
Brittany N
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book incorporates leaves of all seasons. It can be used to compare and contrast.
Leaves! Leaves! Leaves! by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace (2007)
Tabitha
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: seasons
This is a cute little book that describes activities you can do each season to discover the changes in leaves.
Carol
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I liked this one. Cute, yet educational too.
Savannah
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A great informative book about leaves. I even learned (or refreshed) about leaves.
Ashley Allen
I absolutely love this book (and I want it for my classroom)! It is great to talk about why the leaves change color! I would also take my students on a "leaf" walk to look at the leaves each season
Naomi Blackburn
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
A cute, but only somewhat engaging story about the life cycle of leaves. Taught at a younger kid's level.
Crystal Childers
Changes

changes are great ,changes are awesome. what a interesting way to teach children about the four seaons! Now my boys want to go on a leaf walk.
Haifa
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
I like this book so much
Zonia
Feb 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-school
Mama and bear take a leaf walk through every season and learn about how the leaves change during different seasons. Craft and Tree diagram included along with a joke for each season.
Lindsey Lubker
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: science
This is a very informational book. It talks abut leaves and the different parts of leaves and what they look like in each season.
Jacquie Kaegebein
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2014
Apr 25, 2011
Jennifer Huber
Feb 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Nancy Elizabeth Wallace attended the University of Connecticut, and majored in sociology and psychology with a minor in art history, then continued on for a master’s degree in child development.

For many years, she worked at Yale-New Haven Hospital with children and teenagers as Child Life Specialist helping children to understand what was going to happen if they needed to have a medical test or an
More about Nancy Elizabeth Wallace...