Start by marking “Memory Rescue: Supercharge Your Brain, Reverse Memory Loss, and Remember What Matters Most” as Want to Read:

A proven program from #1 New York Times bestselling author and brain researcher Dr. Daniel Amen to help you change your brain and improve your memory today!
Brain imaging research demonstrates that memory loss actually starts in the brain decades before you have any symptoms. Learn the actions you can take to help not just prevent memory loss later in life . . . but to begi
Published November 14th 2017 by Tyndale Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Memory Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memory Rescue

Shirley
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review of Memory Rescue is based upon an advance reader copy that was unedited and for promotional purposes only.

The book focuses on memory loss, its many causes, and preventative measures. Daniel G. Amen, M.D. offers a program that not only detects factors contributing to memory loss through different testing but also offers possible remedial measures through diet, exercise, and supplements. See Doctor Amen's descriptions of SPECT imaging as well as QEEG testing on page 33. It was encoura
Trisha
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for those wishing to keep their memory intact. There are many case studies of his patients and how he uses the acronym to diagnosis and treat the memory problem. Also talks about nutrition needs.
Howard
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, self-help
Once again, Dr. Amen provides a wealth of information in an incredibly useful (and readable) format.

Don't let the title fool you -- although it IS about repairing and recharging your brain, your whole body is the target. Aging, meet Amen!
Angela Gentile
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learn all about the Amen Clinics Memory Rescue Program and a little about improving memory skills

I am a geriatric mental health clinician, and frequently I am asked: “How can I improve my memory skills?” The usual recommendations from doctors are, “Exercise and learn new things.” I have been on a quest to find some other tips and tools that people can use to help improve or maintain their brain and memory functions as they age. This need has led me to try to find the perfect book to recommend to
Tracy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-nerds
I read this because my friend wanted to do it for our August book club. I had checked out quite a few books from our library at the same time, so this one was at the bottom of the stack. I found it surprisingly easy to read and understand. (You don't expect a book with so much medical and health information to be so readable.) The personal stories in each chapter added to my understanding of the different areas of the risk factors for Alzheimer's, which are remembered by the mnemonic BRIGHT MIND ...more
Yvonne Glasgow
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book, Memory Rescue by Daniel G. Amen, MD. I found it a very comprehensive guide to memory loss and memory building. It covers points we all should already know about but also introduces some other reasons for memory loss and ways to save or regain memory that you may not have already heard about. It's not the easiest read (it's long and full of a ton of information), but it's laid out well and explains things in understandab ...more
Edward
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
This book contains useful information about our brains and how to keep our brains in top shape throughout our lives. While the book seems to be written for people who might have already showing signs of memory loss as they age, in my opinion, it is applicable to everyone at all ages. There are numerous interventions that can help one avoid memory loss down the road. Take the case of Alzheimer's disease, which is affecting a large portion of the aging population in the United States. According to ...more
Cat Juggler
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in dementia prevention; Alzheimer's begins its treacherous path in your 30's.
Recommended to Cat by: Heard about the author on a KFAX radio program; prior to this I'd seen him on PBS but didn't watch the program because I thought he might be quack.
Many brain SPECT examples, before and after treatment, however, that doesn't really tell us how to read them...yep! that 'after' sure looked good. 👍

"The official program of the Amen Clinics."
Bibliog. Includes bibliographical references (pages 353-407) and index
Contents MEMORY IS LIFE: A breakthrough approach to memory issues, aging, and Alzheimer's -- How the brain works: learn about the most important part of you -- What trouble looks like: how brain imaging changes everything -- BRIGHT MINDS:
Joan
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Memory problems for older people are a big problem. While no medication has been found to come to the rescue, there is much we can do to improve our memory and even prevent some forms of dementia. Amen lays out the risk factors and what we can do to reduce or eliminate them.

Amen writes, “...your brain does not have to deteriorate. With a little forethought, you can slow or even reverse the aging process in the brain.” (82) He gives tons of information on the factors that affect brain health. He
Michelle Arredondo
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Charge your brain and improve your memory....I need that in my life. I've been at this book since November. I decided to take my time reading this one instead of getting at it all at once. It's an interesting read with many absorbing tidbits and good information. I don't know about reversing memory loss....but for the most part I am still quite intrigued by what I am reading and will continue to do so.......

Until I am completely finished and can form a strong opinion about this book...I'll come
Paul
This book tells you everything you could want to know about how to avoid memory loss. While there is a certain amount of memory loss that will occur no matter what, there is also a lot that can be done to minimize the severity of the loss.
This book offers interventions from every direction: changes in diet, specific vitamins and supplements, activities, changes in behaviors and routines and the list goes on. Not only does the book offer lots of suggestions, it explains the science behind them.
Th
Joan Magill
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I Forgot and Intellectually Knew in One Place

Sixty-six is quickly becoming a reality next month. I am always interested in learning more techniques to increase memory. I have read an abundance of self help, personal development and diet books, none of which has inspired me to truly look at my whole health and fitness.

This book is the best book I have read to date that incorporates a realistic assessment on how the choices we make everyday affect the positive and negative operation of
Mary Casey
Interesting with many facts and tips but drawbacks

I borrowed this book after seeing Dr. A men's program on a PBS fundraiser. I found the live presentation interesting and informative. The book started to get on my nerves after a while. It's very detailed, which is both good and bad. The information is valuable, but it just got to be too much. The bottom line is eat right, exercise, watch your weight, and other basics.

Too much of the book was a plug for his clinics (which appear to be expensive
Pat
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of "Memory Rescue" by Daniel G. Amen, M.D. through the "Good Reads First Reads Giveaway."

This is a sincere, science based and informative book. We have an aging population concerned about memory loss.

Although this book is more valuable as a reference, it does motivate the reader to take better care of their brain. It concentrates on different additives and exercises, which should benefit all of us. Despite the name of this book, "I will have difficulty remembering many of
Erin
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I was not sure where to rate this book. I found the information very useful, relevant and important however for me, I didn't find all of it necessarily all new information. I feel like "you are what you eat" is old news but this did have an updated relevancy. Overall the book was well written and I would recommend it to those not as educated in the food/body/mind arena.
I received this book from Goodreads through a giveaway.
Randi
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
While there is nothing wrong with this book and the brain science stuff was interesting, there is nothing new here. The diagnostics are different but the treatment is the same...eat less, eat more plant foods, limit gluten and dairy, exercise more - both cardio and weights, and if you have a boring job or are retired, make sure you engage in learning activities. These are good recipes for good health, but I didn't need yet another 400 pages to tell me so
Becky Shelton
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Tips, but the app sucks

I think this is a great book, and I was pretty excited to utilize the associated app (after getting through the paywall). The app needs an update. It’s very glitchy and slow. I’m glad that I was able to get my brain score, but it’s hard to navigate without it just crashing.
Teresa
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The problem I have with this book is that people will begin to use all of the supplements lauded by the book without checking with their doctors to find out if these supplements will be okay to use with their prescription medications and what are some the side effects of these supplements.
Debbie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book serves as a guideline to identify risk factors for memory problems and gives specific suggestions how to improve memory. Exercise, sleeping, eating, and more are included. Well documented.
David Norris
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great help in my own memory problems. I have seen a difference from many of the actions recommended by Dr Amen. I bookmarked many pages so I can keep referring to them, so I can do everything possible to preserve my memory as long as possible.
Jamie Holloway
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!
Debbie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read! If you have a family member with Dementia, Alzheimer's etc. or not, you should read this book. Very eye opening about the importance of Brain Health at any age.
Erin Finlinson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take everything with a grain of salt, but very interesting and thought provoking.
Anjar Priandoyo
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: science
As the purpose of this book is for brain health, this book is a good one. It explains a way to maintain memory, the most important part of our humanity.
cindy meeks
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where are the rest of the pages

It is an awesome book and the information is very valuable helpful to me professionally and personally recommend all read it
Kim
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, researched advice from the Brain Doctor. Learn how changing your lifestyle will protect and heal your brain, body and memory.
Kat Robey
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an informational and EMPOWERING book!! Every human can benefit from this research based guidance to enhance every area of life by improving brain health.
J A N
May 22, 2018
Katie
Jul 27, 2018
Laura Fox Steele
Sep 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Washington Post called Dr. Daniel Amen the most popular psychiatrist in America and Sharecare.com named him the web's most influential expert and advocate on mental health.
Daniel Amen is a life-long Christian and graduate of Oral Roberts University School of Medicine. He is a double board-certified psychiatrist and multiple NY Times bestselling author, with such blockbuster books as Change Yo