Start by marking “Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages” as Want to Read:
Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages

Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages

Imagine Heaven the way the Bible describes it--a place of exquisite beauty brimming with marvelous detail and intricate patterns; a special dwelling place free of corruption and sin; and a place of both rest and enjoyable, meaningful work.

Let the power and majesty of Heaven fill your heart with joy as you color these 40 designs carefully interpreted from the pages of Scrip
Published September 5th 2017 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Picturing Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picturing Heaven

Start your review of Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages
Emilie Haney
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about stunning! This amazing adult coloring book is not only perfect for fans of coloring but also for use as a quick devotional.

Randy Alcorn, popular author of the book Heaven, has created forty short devotionals all revolving around heaven for this beautiful book. Ranging in topic from the New Jerusalem to the pleasure God takes in giving us good gifts, he expounds on a scripture for each devotional in a concise but meaningful manner.

Then, to add to the experience, each devotional comes w
Kimberly
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 75-books-in-2017
This adult coloring book is filled with beautiful designs to color and bible verses with commentary on each design.
At first I was taken aback by the gold in the designs but you can color over them if you want, but it looks great either way. I also dont like double sided coloring books because I destroy whatever is on the other page using my gel pens and markers, but at least it isn't the designs on the other side in this case.
I really love the designs and I found one that Ive been looking for,
Shantelle
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Picturing Heaven is a fairly large book filled with lovely and unique coloring pages. Beside each illustration is a little devotional and some Scripture. The theme is heaven, so the Bible verses chosen talk about heaven, eternity, and longing to be with God and do everything as unto Him. In the devotionals, Randy Alcorn talks about heaven and what it will be like. He explores thoughts of the new heaven and new earth, creation, God's design, and God Himself. Some of this is just speculation, I fe ...more
Lovely Loveday
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Picturing Heaven is an adult coloring book that is filled with lovely designs, bible verses, and devotions. There are forty devotional scripture verses from Randy Alcorn’s well-known book, Heaven. This book is made so that you read a Bible verse and then color the page that has a beautifully designed picture that corresponds with the verse. A great way to doodle while you reflect on the verse. I really love all the details of the designs and the gold trim. This book will be beautiful colored or ...more
Gail Welborn
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***a scripture based, devotional coloring journal, a perfect choice for Christmas.***

Randy Alcorn, author, founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries and leading authority on heaven pairs inspirational devotions with Lizzie Preston’s imaginative illustrations in “Picturing Heaven,” a scripture based, devotional coloring book. The large square sized book is aptly described in the subtitle as “40 hope-filled devotions with coloring pages.”

Each devotion portrays a different aspect of
Sara Wise
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** “As you ponder these pictures and participate in the art, you’ll more fully appreciate Christ’s promise — not of a ghostly existence, but of resurrected bodies and minds in a … universe ruled by Jesus.” **

Randy Alcorn once again returns to the topic of Heaven with his new devotional book “Picturing Heaven: 40 Hope-Filled Devotions with Coloring Pages.” His new coloring journal is also illustrated by Lizzie Preston. Her images, any of which are quite intricate, are filled with whimsy and beaut
Amy
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Everybody wants to go to heaven
Have a mansion high above the clouds
Everybody want to go to heaven
But nobody want to go now"
...Kenny Chesney

Remember that song? Personally it never was my favorite, but I think that is kind of the way we all think sometimes...

But let me tell you, once you read through this book... maybe even color the pictures, you will get a whole new feel for heaven. If you think you know all there is to know about heaven; Think again! Even after being a Christian my whole life
Kristin
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Note: Kristin reads and reviews both Christian and secular fiction on A Simply Enchanted Life. Out of respect for my readers, I am including a content review. This content review will help you decide whether this book is suitable for you.

Content Review:
Christian or Secular
: Christian.

Picturing Heaven is a devotional/coloring book duo. This book feels less like a devotional to me and more like the author's ideas of how heaven may be. He talks about having a cup of coffee with Jesus or enjoying co
Faye
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Filled with beautiful illustrations accompanied by excerpts from Randy Alcorn's 50 Days of Heaven, this new coloring book in full of wonder, comfort, and longing for eternity.

This book is beautiful with gold foiling on the cover, and gold coloring that enhances the intricate and splendid drawings that bring to life what this artist sees when she reads Mr. Alcorn's devotions. Each devotion is accompanied by a scripture that talks about heaven. I think one of my favorite things about this book is
Dana Kamstra
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reviews
I was pretty excited for this coloring book. In the past, I’ve really enjoyed books that have short devotions on one side of the page and then a coordinating picture to color on the other side. I like to do things like fidget and doodle, so to have a place to direct that while I think about a devotion or meditation is enjoyable to me. And personally, a book that is focused on Scripture about Heaven sounded interesting and unique.

What I really liked about this book was the brief devotions. Each
Jasmine
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult coloring fans, Readers of devotionals
Spend quality time with God as you color...

I'm sure most people are aware of how adult coloring has taken the world by storm in the last couple of years. Now, for the first time, adults can pass over the kids coloring books and find a large selection of coloring books with more detailed and complicated designs to enjoy. With that has come a new hybrid, mixing devotionals with the relaxing art of coloring. Picturing Heaven is one of the first that I've actually had on my own shelf.

Beautiful desi
Sarah Cnossen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This coloring book is wonderful! There's no other way to put it. Forty devotional Scripture verses and excerpts are taken from Randy Alcorn's well-known book, Heaven, and make for a lovely devotional time for the busy mother or grandmother (or father, whoever!) - anyone who may have pondered the life after THIS.

All too often, we seek the pleasures of this Earth, knowing full well we truly want to go to Heaven - some day - but not really wanting to go anytime soon. . . Am I right? I don't think w
Anne
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was impatient to receive this coloring devotional in the mail. Originally, I thought I would dive right into the coloring but that didn't happen. I was so caught up in the beauty of the writing that before I knew it, I had read almost half the book without touching a marker or colored pencil! The selected Scriptures, and the thoughts from Randy Alcorn, mesmerized me and filled me with longing for my heavenly home!

I'm so excited thinking about the New Heaven and New Earth and all that it entai
Vanessa James-brooks
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-and-read
Where to start with this one, I LOVE to color, and I LOVE scripture so when I saw the opportunity to review this I snagged it as soon as I could! Picturing Heaven is a 40 day hope filled devotional that you can color. Randy Alcorn I think did a fantastic job with this gem in my personal opinion. Each day starts you off with a title , followed with a scripture, then ends with a devotion to go with the scripture. On the other page there is a beautiful picture for you to color that goes hand in han ...more
Becky Van Daniker
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Picturing Heaven” is a creative coloring book/devotional from Randy Alcorn and Lizzie Preston. I really enjoyed the devotional part and digging into how Heaven is pictured in the Bible. There is a devotional for every day for forty days with a coloring page beside it. I haven’t done much with the coloring aspect yet, but there are a few favorite pages! A lot of the gold is already colored for in most of the pages, but it looks beautiful no matter what you decide to do. I’m a colored pencil gal ...more
Linda Walters
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
What would be just the one word that I would use to describe what this book is and what it makes the reader feel? Yes, I would say that it would be "Hope". It's a breath of fresh air. And don't forget about the fun part of the book, the ability to color it in. Why not have fun as you read the scriptures and the short teaching that is in each chapter? It is not too heavy to understand and I think it could be given to many different ages of people to enjoy.

This larger book would be a great gift f
C.E. Hart
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coloring-book
Picturing Heaven contains 40 hope-filled devotions—each with an adjoining coloring page.

Each devotion begins with a Scripture verse (or verses) and then, in a single paragraph, reveals something the Bible teaches us about Heaven. The corresponding page depicts an illustration that is suitable for coloring.

I love devotionals and coloring books, and Picturing Heaven combines them into a single, jam-packed book, enabling me to worship intellectually and creatively. A lovely book.

* The Scripture ver
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received a copy from Tyndale House for review.*

Wow, it looked pretty on the computer, but in person it's gorgeous! I love the beautiful picture, and the verses and devotional that goes with each one! This is the first I've seen that combines coloring book and devotional into one, but I would love to see more like this! The pictures are well done, and each is paired with a fitting verse and devotional entry. I have fallen in love with adult coloring books, but this is my first Christian book.
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a lot of fun reading and coloring this book. I enjoyed the variation in what I was coloring, ranging from nature to man made objects and even scripture. I loved meditating on the scripture and devotional I read while coloring the page next to it. It was fun seeing the way Randy Alcorn interpreted the scripture and hearing him describe some of things we have to look forward to in Heaven. I can’t wait to get there to see some of the things the Bible talks about, but I am so thankful to know ...more
Edna
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This coloring book is absolutely beautiful. Each page to color is enhanced with gold either the back ground or parts of the picture. The pages before the coloring page has a beautiful Bible verse that represents the picture. I have had a lot of coloring books and use some of the pages framed and on my wall, but. I believe this one is the prettiest that I have seen. It just took my breath when I opened it the first time as the cover is colored in these beautiful colors. The author Randy Alcorn an ...more
Vicky Sluiter
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Author Randy Alcorn wants us to be excited, and to look forward to Heaven. These devotionals will make you think about things that may be new to you; such as the weather in Heaven, and enjoying activities we haven’t dared to try. With the help of a good table of contents, I enjoyed pondering these things.

There are fun coloring pictures to go along with each devotion. Don’t think of it as a children’s coloring book. They are much more intricate than that. So get those colored pencils sharpened an
Rachel DeVaughn
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This 10x10 softcover coloring devotion book is very nicely written with lots of beautiful scriptures and details to color. This book includes 40 coloring pages with the theme of "Heaven".

The author begins the book by sharing why he decided to design this book with the theme of "Heaven" and the concept of God returning to earth and making it our "heaven on earth". Very nice book-would make a great gift!

I received a copy of this book complimentary for blog and social media review. All opinions a
Russ Goulet
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Picturing Heaven is a very uplifting and moving devotional book. The messages that are presented are good for the soul and the coloring is good for the spirit. Randy Alcorn and Lizzie Preston put together a top-rate product.
Skylar Newbury
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
The cover of this book is absolutely gorgoeus! So are the fonts and the formatting of the book. the only complaint I have is how the gold is printed on and is not actually foil.
Jesse Bangles
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good, nice designs, and themes to let you calmly reflect on your beleifs.
Donna
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the Picturing Heaven devotions with coloring pages. Beautiful pages to color and 40 devotions to help get you through your day.
Rachel Lundy
This is a new devotion book by one of my favorite authors, Randy Alcorn. This book contains short, one-page devotions, and there is a coloring page for each devotion in the book.

This book has been encouraging to my daughter and to me. I'm not one who likes to color very much, but my daughter loves it, so I knew this book would be a good one for us to do together. We enjoy reading the devotion and then talking together while we color the corresponding picture for that day's reading.

Heaven is a t
Michelle
This is a unique coloring book that is also a devotional on heaven. You could either do one a day and finish in a little over a month, or you could take your time meditating and coloring and only do one a week ending in a little less than a year.

Some of the devotions are: From Better to Best-Our True Destination, Experiencing the Best of Eden, The New Jerusalem-A Reservoir of Wealth and Treasure and so much more. My favorite part is each page already has some gold shading making the pictures s
Emily
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This wasn’t my favorite type of coloring book (I’m not a fan of black and gold ink filled in on coloring pages.) It’s more focused on the spiritual side as opposed to the artistic side.
Teela
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having grown up in church, I have heard many sermons and lessons about heaven but still had so many unanswered questions.
So when given the Opportunity to read Randy Alcorn's 40 hopefilled devotions with incredible coloring pages illustrated by Lizzie Preston & Jennifer Tucker - I was thrilled. Most of us are curious and I definitely want to know more about the place called Heaven in God's Holy Scriptures. This place where Christ Jesus has gone to prepare my home- of course I want to know as much

• The House on Foster Hill
  • The Christmas Admirer
  • Colors of Christmas: Two Contemporary Stories Celebrate the Hope of Christmas
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim

News & Interviews