Start by marking “Looking for Splasher: The Little Tasmanian Devil” as Want to Read:
Looking for Splasher: The Little Tasmanian Devil

Looking for Splasher: The Little Tasmanian Devil

Looking for Splasher is a fast romp of a story featuring Tasmanian native animals, their habitat, their food sources, and their voices.
Published March 9th 2017 by Trafford Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Looking for Splasher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for Splasher

Toni
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, children
A simple story featuring a family of Tasmanian devils looking for their little sister who disappeared during a game of hide-and-seek. They ask a kookaburra bird for help, who in turn organizes a proper search party made of several other animals: an echidna, a wallaby, a platypus and a wombat. They all look for Splasher in places where they would normally find their favourite food. In this way, children are introduced to habitats and feeding habits of these animals. Naturally, there is a happy en ...more
Etienne
Feb 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Didn't really like this one. I look a bit cheap with the generic illustrations on one side and a text page on the other. The story in itself was not entirely bad but still a bit below average. Not really worth it! Sorry...
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Splasher, a Tasmanian devil, is missing. After playing hide and seek, his siblings can't find him. All the other Australian native animals go looking for him. They all go looking in their own habitats, where they would find their own food, which is not a big help in finding Splasher. Eventually he is found.

We enjoyed the story and learned a bit about native animals in Australia which was fun and interesting. I did explain to my grandson that the illustrations were made so the animals looked cut
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cute pictures can not save a book.

looking for splasher

And it does have cute pictures, and you would think it would have a cool story to go along with it.

Splasher, a Tasmanian devil, is missing, after playing hide and seek, so all the other Australian native animals go looking for him, though their logic is very, well, animalistic, as they look where they find their food.

I suppose this book is to teach us about different Australian animals and what food they eat. That is the only reason I can see for us to know abo
Dawn
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy from the author. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Looking for Splasher is a short children’s book about a young Tasmanian Devil who is missing after playing hide-and-seek with her siblings. Kookie Kookaburra gathers several animals to help find her.

The pictures in this book are kind of cute and the story is okay although there isn’t much excitement even though Splasher is missing; there are a few things childre
Lee
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really cute book! I love the pictures of the animals. The little tasmanian devil Splasher gets lost in this story. All the little devils are playing hide and seek and one goes missing. They can't find their sister Splasher. There are many colorful animals all through the book, as they all go looking for the small devil. The mother has a bird named Kookie go looking for her offspring. The bird flies to a location that has other animals to alert them of the search. We see a lively adventure as eac ...more
Cat
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Kind of scary story for littles. Cautionary tale. Little tasmanian devil plays hide and seek with little brothers and sister. She gets sleepy and falls asleep really well hidden in a log. Scares her poor family and friends as they search for her. Maybe remind children not to hide too well??? intros many animals from Down under children may want to learn more about. Illustrations are nicely done and cute!

I received a Kindle ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a fair review.
D Marie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book to my 5 year old and he liked it a lot. It teaches a good lesson of helpfulness and working together. My son’s favorite character was the wallaby and I liked that the names of the animals included the type of animal they were ( Pozz Possum).

Pat Eroh
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can you not love these cute little devils and their adventure? Splasher is lost and everyone must go looking to find him. The illustrations are so cute and the story is adorable. My kids loved this story. I highly recommend this.

Cassandra
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy.

The book has a lot of silly named characters that would make children laugh, perhaps but the story is not strong. I know that there is some educational descriptions laced in but it just did not hit the mark for an amazing children's book.
Susan Underbrink
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and Trafford Publishing for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is a children's book. It's an ok story, it's different because it utilizes Australian animals. The graphics were just ok for me. It was hard to tell if was a Tasmanian devil. I give this a 2.5. I was disappointed.