Start by marking “Dark Road Home” as Want to Read:
Dark Road Home

Dark Road Home

Victor Simone, head of a hit man organization, murdered Belle McBain's corrupt father. Following in her dad's career footsteps, Belle becomes an attorney, but she can't seem to move beyond the whispers of her crooked father's corruption or his failures to his family. Instead of building a career in law, she escapes to a life of drugs and lives off her trust fund.

Unable to
Published March 8th 2017 by Abbott Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Road Home

Chris
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my favorite books that I've read this year. The book starts out as most mob books do with a killing but this book is so much more than a mob book. The book is about a survivor who hit rock bottom before getting it all together. The characters are developed and most readers will take sides from the very beginning but is everything as it should be. I have to give the book 5 stars because of the didn't see that one coming at the end of the book. I was given an ARC for an hones ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Wow! Angela Bennett has written such an engaging read that I found it hard to put down. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the entire storyline. Although I picked up on a few breadcrumbs that Angela wrote into the story, everytime I picked one up, there was a twist to the storyline. Not til right before the end did the big BAM happen and it was perfect. I'm glad this was the first of Angela Bennett's books that I have read and I look forward to reading more of her work.
Vickie Sarmina
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Your mother is dead, and now your father has been murdered!! And the news that Belle McBain is hearing is that her father, Ethan McBain, was a corrupt attorney and worked for a criminal, by the name Victor Simone. Victor Simone hired an army of paid assassins for hire, and he was ruthless. But what was the real reason why her father was murdered? Belle decides she will become a lawyer, and finishes law school, only to self sabotage. She became addicted to drugs and alcohol and it eventually ende ...more
Chelsie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelves
Jimmie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bomc
I read Dark Road Home as part of an October 2018 Goodreads Psychological Thriller book of the month club read. I was impressed with the character development and flow of Dark Road Home. The book is filled with intrigue, suspense, and family dynamics. The book centers around a newly certified Private Investigator that receives a call from help from a teenage boy. This one phone call sets in motion the entire book. The reader is taken on a joy rode. Along the ride, we find the true reason why the ...more
Dell Goeke
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
absolutely fabulous......a page turner from start to finish......always a twist and turn to keep me reading. didnt want to put it down....cant wait for her new book to come out.....

i strongly recommend this book....
Patricia
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book! Very intriguing story that pulled me in and kept me in! Waiting for author's next book in the series.
Jess
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author. It was a slow start for me...but then I couldn't put it down. I loved all the twists and turns!!! I can not wait to read the next book in the series!!
Brooke
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Usually this is the type of book that I love but I just didn't find this book interesting enough to hold my attention for long. Struggled to finish it.
DJ
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read, especially if you enjoy psychological thrillers. Love the Plot and the main character, Belle, is amazing!
Sharon Huether
After Belle was getting her life back, she was requested to travel to Florida to meet with someone from her past. She was trying to forget the past and move one with her life.
It finally became clear to belle that all along her father wanted to protect her. She hoped someday she would see her family again.
I won this Free Book from Goodreads First-Reads.
Jim Crocker
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a stirring, compelling read. This is the October 2018 Psychological Thrillers Book of the Month group read. The discussion thread is open, so c'mon down. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Barb VanderWel
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Janeandjerry
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me in the mail from the author and after reading it can't wait to see what else she has available. There is a start of a book in the back of this one BOOK OF HOURS and it too sounded pretty good.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title: Dark Road Home
Author: Angela Bennett
Genre: Thriller/Action/Crime
Rating: ****
Review: The opening prologue to Dark Road Home was amazing we meet Ethan McBain was is a criminal defence attorney preparing to leave his office for a night out with his daughter when he is killed. We then jump sixteen years into the future where we meet Annabelle or Belle for the first time moving on with her life with Dr. Mark Stratton when an FBI agent turns up on her doorstep with a request to meet
Michelle
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Won this book through Goodreads giveaways! Thanks, Angela Bennett, I look forward to reading the next in the Belle McBain series!
Noelle Walsh
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was interesting. I found it had good characters and a sturdy plot and it was enjoyable. There were a couple of parts where it was slightly difficult to get through but the story as a whole helped with powering through those particular parts.

*won as a GoodReads Giveaway*
Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Good read. Liked the character’s of Belle and Os.
Karen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book introduces you to Belle McBain. After her father was murdered, her life went downhill. Three years sober, life seems good - until...

With Dark Road Home, Angela Bennett has created a suspense story that starts slowly to portray past events as well as several important characters, if they are good or bad can be learned as the story proceeds. It is a quite compelling read that draws you slowly closer to Belle and the case. Angela Bennett reveals the characters' mindsets, integrating them
Laura Henderson
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Told in different pov's, this story will keep you white knuckled as you grip every page. This story had my heart racing as I was thrown curve ball after curve ball of surprises. The writing blew me away at how original it was and how the scene was painted out before you. Bennet kicks butt with this gritty crime novel and packs a punch of a story. Belle's character had my heart wrenching and yearning to reach through the pages and hug her for how much she goes through. She is such a strong charac ...more
Pam Mooney
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love it when the suspense carries through the end. I enjoyed so much that there was a build up to an exciting conclusion - so I was engaged all the way through the book. I loved Belle as a strong character where - I ended up relating to and caring about her. The psychological aspect of the story was amazing. Thought provoking and a good read.
Nada Loughead
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Won this on Goodreads. A new-to-me mystery writer - loved the characters and the plot kept twisting and turning. Will look for her next book, for sure! http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/1...
Mandie
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for me. I found some of the writing hard to read but in the end I enjoyed the book. I felt for Belle but also for Joseph, Os, and EJ. I look forward to Belle’s next adventure and hope to see her really develop as a PI.
Faith
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I really look forward to reading more from this author. Good, solid read. I felt the suspense all the way through.
Joy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Bella needs to heal. The only way is to find out what really happened in the past. She has to go and talk to a hit man to get answers. This was a great story keeps you guessing until the end.
Allegra
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was certainly an exciting read that kept you guessing until the end!
Angela Bennett
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hope you enjoy reading DARK ROAD HOME-first book in the Belle McBain psychological thriller series. Thank you!
Heather
Feb 23, 2018
Highly recommend this book 2 3 Nov 01, 2018 08:06AM
  • Der Schock
  • The Milk of Female Kindness: An Anthology of Honest Motherhood
  • In Plain Sight (Hero, #3)
  • The Suicide Club
  • Art of Deception (Kate Hanson, #2)
  • Cheer
  • The Bluebell Informant (DS Giles, #1)
  • Five Six Pick Up Sticks
  • Murder in the Bowling Alley
  • The Safety of Secrets
  • Shadow Man
  • Motown Encyclopedia
  • Seeking the Sun
  • The Preacher
  • The Photography Exercise Book: Training Your Eye to Shoot Like a Pro (250+ color photographs make it come to life)
  • The Wonderful Stuff
  • Miss Fortune
  • The Way That It Falls: An electrifying DS Lasser mystery (The DS Lasser Series Book 2)
Angela Bennett lives in Florida and New York City with her husband and overly large German Shepherd, and is hard at work on her next Belle McBain novel.